Terinatum goes the distance.

Terinatum

I love that you are honest with me. And you're right about the tracking. It gets tough for me. I'm hoping the limited number of times I have to track will keep things mellow, we'll see.

dead lifts rock!

More miles ?? Maybe 2.5, I think. Add twice as much as I was going to. But I'll be quite pleased with 2!

Thx, it feels pretty badass! lol

Thanks for letting me be honest with you. Sounds like you have thought it through.  Track on!!

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Workout Routine thus far: please critique as you like

Warm-up is 5 minutes on the rowing machine at level 9 of 10 - gets a good sweat started

Sunday:

Deadlift - glutes and hamstring (pull)

Lat Pulldown - shoulder (push)

Overhead Press - shoulder (pull)

Bent Over Row - back (pull)

Bench Press - chest (push)

Reverse Fly - back (pull)

Incline Fly - chest (push)

Plank - back/ab (hold)

Good Morning - back (push)

Monday:

Long Run at 4.2mph 0 incline on treadmill (until fail)

Tuesday:

Squat - quads (push)

Lat Pulldown

Overhead Press

Bent Over Row

Bench Press

Reverse Fly

Incline Fly

Calf Raise - calf (push)

Incline Push Up - tricep (push)

Body Weight Row - bicep (pull)

Wednesday:

Intervals run 2mins on, 1 1/2 off as many times as possible (looking for 6 before upping the run time) Trail, Street, or Treadmill

Thursday:

Lat Pulldown

Overhead Press

Bentover Row

Bench Press

Reverse Fly

Incline Fly

Plank

Good Morning

Calf Raise

Tricep Pulldown

Body Weight Row

Friday:

Intervals run 2mins on, 1 1/2 off as many times as possible (looking for 6 before upping the run time) Trail only, unless weather says otherwise

Saturday:

full rest - no strenuous activity

Cool down stretches will be band stretches, foam roller, and specific body parts worked as main focus

** I need a lower ab exercise that really gets to the pelvic region???**

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Such a great report, my dear.

Do you feel stronger and more positive? It seems that both have taken a big uptick from where I'm sitting.

• Like 2

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Such a great report, my dear.

Do you feel stronger and more positive? It seems that both have taken a big uptick from where I'm sitting.

Thanks, Heidi. I am indeed feeling in every part of my life, minus finances (it's always finances!)

W1 D3

Eat/Cook:

no experiments today except to say it took me a bit to put together my breakfast. I didn't make it though.

Workout:

day off

Run:

Intervals:

5 minute warm-up on rowing machine

2 minute warm up running on treadmill

2 mins at 5.2 mph (x4)

1 1/2 mins at 3 mph (x3)

Stretches:

a bunch

I really worked my legs to get them stretched out and flexible. I was still sweating halfway through the stretches! I will be foam rolling after this before going to bed.

EDIT: Did a half hour of Rolling. It was awesome, painful, and it worked really well!

Track:

My to-do list didn't get made. I'm not too discouraged as it was a spend time with a good friend day. Socialization +1

I will be posting my food stuff on my other thread (link in sig) right after this.

Good therapy session, good visit, good run, okay food.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Wow, your workouts look awesome! Good job.

Yea? Cool. I really wanna go in strong but not over do it and get injured. This way I get the forms right and then add more #. I think I'll progress pretty quickly - get my newbie gains and then settle into a regular weight/rep progression. Wow. Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?! Scary!!
  • Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Yea? Cool. I really wanna go in strong but not over do it and get injured. This way I get the forms right and then add more #. I think I'll progress pretty quickly - get my newbie gains and then settle into a regular weight/rep progression. Wow. Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?! Scary!!

I don't really know enough to give a great critique of your routine, if that's what you want. I think the important thing is you're not doing the same lifting thing on consecutive days. Maybe we could try to attract some warriors over here, if you really want a good read through.

Lol, sorry for saying the W word, I know that's taboo among some scouts ahem ahem.

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

I don't really know enough to give a great critique of your routine, if that's what you want. I think the important thing is you're not doing the same lifting thing on consecutive days. Maybe we could try to attract some warriors over here, if you really want a good read through.

Lol, sorry for saying the W word, I know that's taboo among some scouts ahem ahem.

Warriors, come out and play-e-ay! My first challenge was with the Warriors so it's all love for them in my book. I think I'll post a link in their Mead Hall (if it's still called that) and see who pops over. Thx.

Anything that helps our Teri is absolutely fine by me. I can think of a few hours procedure Warriors if needed.

I'll take whatever I can get for advice. Warrior advice seems pretty wise! Anyone you want to invite over is cool by me. TY.

Looks like you're killing it this week Teri.

How is your body feeling after all the working out?

The worst is the over-doing it of my quads when I did all those squats trying to get my form on. Which didn't happen! I've been rolling like a fiend! What books/articles are you reading on foam rolling? I'd be interested to check them out too.

The rest of the workout is fine right now, because the weights aren't that high right now. But sooooonn... Oooowwwwweee!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

While IANAW, that weights day looks fairly complicated to me. Why not something simple like squat, press/bench, deadlift/clean or the like?

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

I don't have time to read all of this.. I will come back and read it at my lunch. 

I did read that you crushed your first goal and are taking names! Well done :D I am so proud. I need to absorb some of this awesomeness for my workout tonight! :)

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Good work! And good work on the stretches. Such an important part of the workout :)

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Thanks Matt, I'll read it tonight. (you're tomorrow morning right? ;-) )

While IANAW, that weights day looks fairly complicated to me. Why not something simple like squat, press/bench, deadlift/clean or the like?

I like to lift! And I have some areas that need attention to get them balanced and in proper posture - my shoulders are forward and up with tension, my spine adjusts way too easily, my neck needs more mobility, my hip flexors need serious loosening, and the rest is more attainable via the compound moves you mentioned. I so want to get to where I can Clean! I'm a bit warrior like that. I am more a Ranger, but I can't live happy without running. Without lifting, yea okay, I could still find happy! lol Thanks for the good question and for reviewing my workout. I appreciate it bunches!

nice speed workout there!

Woo Hoo, thanks, Man. I'm feeling like I have pushed myself into a new place with my running. It's totally rad!

I don't have time to read all of this.. I will come back and read it at my lunch. 

I did read that you crushed your first goal and are taking names! Well done :D I am so proud. I need to absorb some of this awesomeness for my workout tonight! :)

Thank you, Rookie. You have awesomeness in you, Girl. Just grab it and take it!

Good work! And good work on the stretches. Such an important part of the workout :)

You're telling me! If I hadn't stretched and foam rolled as much as I did these past 4 days, I probably wouldn't be running or lifting! Thanks.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W1 D4

Eat/Cook:

eating okay (spent money on a decent meal, but it's something I could have done at home, If I had bought the stuff last night)

cooking will be squash cubes! And an open faced turkey sandwich with tomatoes, onions, mayo, and a cucumber on the side with a little raspberry walnut dressing. And water!

Workout:

warm up:

5 minutes on rowing machine - lvl 9 of 10 (now doing different strokes after 2 1/2 mins. 5 pulls with hands pulling to waist, 5 pulls with hands pulling to neck, and 5 pulls with hands pulling to chest) (also maxing out the last 30 secs to get the heart rate up and have time to set my first exercise without losing too much high heart rate.

Lat PullDowns: 90# 4x6 (good weight - last few reps are hard on set 3 and 4)

OHP: 45# 6-5-5 (max weight right now - will do 3x5 on Sunday)

Deadlift: 100# (with hex bar - see below) 5-3-3 (will do 3x5 on Tuesday)

Goblet Squat: 30# 5-4 (working with trainer to get form down - he says I have a pretty squat! Really? Pretty? lol)

Reverse Fly: 30# 4x6 (good weight)

Incline Fly: 20# 4x6 (will go up to 24# on Sunday)

Incline Pull Up: 3x6 (used Smith machine at my chest level - see the machine good at something! lol)

Stretches: quads and hams, hip flexors and calves, shins and ankles/lower calves, shoulders

Foam Rolled: back, shoulders, hams, quads, and tried feet (weird, dunno if it helped any - I think I need a tennis ball for that)

ps61858.jpg

hex bar for deadlifts, love it! It's high enough when I use bumper plates that I get a great grip, and my form is spot on. I'm surprised he didn't say my deadlift was pretty, too. He did say they were really good though which is great.

Run:

Day Off

Track:

hum... doing okay, but still haven't got the nutrients researched which is a big reason I wanted to track food. The to-do list wasn't posted this morning! My bad. Here it is now.

Thursday:

look for checkbook -- looked but haven't found! Found!!!!

work on business calendar -- done

get receipts together -- Not completed

eat a good breakfast -- Not, and I could tell when I lifted!

take out trash and recycling -- done

laundry -- done

walk and groom outside cat -- done

eat a good lunch -- done (paid for it instead of bringing something to the house to make)

buy new sneakers -- done (cat peed on the other pair - vinegar and water did nothing)

cash check -- done

buy flipflops for gym shower -- done

read foam rolling article Matt_72 gave me -- done

play with and groom indoor cats -- play - done, groom - no way!

play Hay Day -- done

cook dinner -- done

make meal plan for tomorrow -- Not

shave -- Not

mobility work, not at gym -- Not

be pin cushion for the two indoor cats -- done, and doing

fill out forms -- Not

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Hey Terri - looking great - I didn't have time to read it all either, but I skimmed it all and 2 things popped out at me

1. squats - I pretend that there is a chair just a little to far away that I am trying to sit on - imagine just the tip of your butt trying to meet the very edge of the chair.  You can physically use a chair or box or something if needed to get use to the feel.- *shrugs* it helps me.

2. squash cubes - Yummy!! hope they turned out not sure how you did them, but I prefer mine roasted with some garlic and sea salt.  You can also "hashbrown" them.

Enjoy!!

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Hey Terri - looking great - I didn't have time to read it all either, but I skimmed it all and 2 things popped out at me

1. squats - I pretend that there is a chair just a little to far away that I am trying to sit on - imagine just the tip of your butt trying to meet the very edge of the chair.  You can physically use a chair or box or something if needed to get use to the feel.- *shrugs* it helps me.

2. squash cubes - Yummy!! hope they turned out not sure how you did them, but I prefer mine roasted with some garlic and sea salt.  You can also "hashbrown" them.

Enjoy!!

Hey Otter,

Yea the squats are coming along well (box squats really helped me).

My lack of experience and creativity (following my dear mom's lead) led me to just boil the little cubes into a mushy nothingness taste. :grumpy: But hash browning them?! Oooo, I'll do that with the rest of them! Thanks!  :joyous:

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W1 D5

Eat/Cook:

Didn't eat after my run, haven't cooked and won't, but I did some good grocery shopping and only spent $66. Meal plan tomorrow is: Breakfast: tacos     Lunch: tuna fish sandwich (maybe tomato soup)     D: turkey sandwich ----- it looks like a T day for food!!

Workout:

Day off

Run:

Interval Trail Run - total time 20:14 for a distance of 1.07 miles

5 minute warmup (2 minutes walking the hiking trail - 3 minutes shuffling along the trail) - avg. mph waas 2.35

2 minute run with one steep hill - avg. mph was 3.78

2 minute walk - avg. mph was 2.5

2 minute run with yet another steep ass hill - avg. mph was 3.81

2 minute walk - avg. mph was 2.82

2 minute run - avg. mph was 4.34

2 minute walk - avg, mph was 2.84

2 minute run - avg. mph was 4.41

2 minute walk - avg. mph was 3.18

hum? how is it I got faster? it sure didn't feel like that at the time!! lol

Tracking:

yucky, kinda falling behind. My to - do today doesn't exist and yesterday's wasn't as complete as I would have hoped.

Not a day I will count toward my goal.

** never trust a cat who has already pissed once on your stuff!**

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Nice workout. Good luck with the cat! Is she territory marking?

Not sure about the marking? My sneakers were on the floor in the entryway, my laundry bag was on a counter in the laundry room (also their litter box room), the bedspread was still on the bed I had been sleeping on, and the backpack was on the seat in the entryway. They had all bonded with me by the time these peeings happened. Not sure which cat it is, although I suspect it's the real needy one. So if she's upset that I'm leaving during the day, perhaps that makes sense, except my sneakers would have been on my feet when I left, so who knows? The dangers of my job I suppose.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W1 D6

Rest/Recovery Day

Someone please inform Terinatum that a recovery day is not a time to let yourself slip into noncompliance and lazy self care! Gezz!!!

Eat/Cook:

fail day -- didn't eat regularly and didn't cook at all! Plan was shot!

Workout and Run:

Days off

Track:

Tracking food - yes

Tracking to-dos - no

I had a crappy morning and a tired evening. I'm pretty emotional about: the cat pee situation and the owner's seemingly oblivious reaction; my food stamp app got denied (then after reviewing their decision realized they used my year-to-date gross income for the monthly earned income number - mind you even with that 'big number' I still only missed qualification by $108!); not eating that great yesterday made today really loogy and un-fun. I can't wait to get in the gym in the morning! Burn off some of this - life stinks attitude.

I'll be on holiday in a few days so that should do wonders for my attitude and make 'me time' easier to do and enjoy.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines