Maia

Hello everyone! This is my second challenge, my first as an assassin. I've always been interested in bodyweight exercises and parkour, but I just recently started playing Black Flag and it inspired me to design my next challenge around Assassin's Creed. This series is seriously awesome. It makes me want to improve so badly xD

Anyway! I found this amazing series called "Live by the Creed" and I was inspired by the "Reach New Heights" segment. So without further ado, here's my challenge: 

creed.gif?resize=500%2C281

Main Goal: Get stronger

I want to have the strength for real push ups and unassisted pull ups. If I'm going to start parkour, I need to build up a strong foundation first. I need to improve my upper body strength, my lower body strength and especially my core. 

Mission 1: Build my strength

I'll start off with a modified version of Steve's Bodyweight Brigade level 1 workout 3x a week. I've changed reverse crunches to hanging knee tucks because I think I'll have better control while doing them. I've also added towel hangs as mentioned in the "Reach New Heights" article as being able to hang on for dear life sounds like a pretty useful skill. Reward: 5 STR

Mission 2: Switch it up

I'm going to add in at least one weekly activity, preferably on a weekend, in addition to my regular workouts. This could include swimming, running, walking, hiking, biking, kayaking, tag, DDR, etc. The point is to stay active, interested and on my toes. Depending on the activities that dominate in the next 6 weeks, reward: combo of DEX/STA, 3 points total

Mission 3: Eat to perform

One of Steve's rule is to never miss two in a row, whether it be healthy meals or workouts. For my third mission, I will not eat two unhealthy meals in a row. If I miss one, the next meal becomes the most important meal of the day and it has to be healthy, period. I'm going to count skipping a meal as a missed/unhealthy meal too, for the record. The better my nutrition/hydration, the better my performance will be. Reward: 3 CON, 1 WIS

Life Quest: Get organized

An assassin has to be organized, and organized I am not. By the end of each week, I will have organized one of the following: my entire room, my car/workstation, my bathroom/desk at home, or 1/3 of my storage unit. I know this sounds like a huge undertaking, but trust me, it's necessary and it has to be done by the end of this challenge. Reward: 3 WIS

And lastly, I'll mention that instead of weighing/measuring everything today, I'm waiting until the 1st because I have to do it then anyway. So... we'll see. I might post them.  :ph34r:

AssassinsCreedLogo-1_reasonably_small-1_

• Like 6

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

2016: The Game

Current world: Neverland

Ahhh I love Assassin's Creed. And just Assassins in general. You guys are my role models. :) 

Mission 3 is a really good one. :) Two in a row is a really good rule of thumb. It's also a good reminder that hey, it's not the end of the world to miss a workout or a healthy meal, just don't let it turn into a habit. 

Do you have any particular favorites as far as 'switch it up' activities? Everything on your list sounds like a lot of fun. 

Good luck with all of your goals! :) 

• Like 2

Jess: Level 5 Human Adventurer

STR:12 | DEX:14 | STA:10 | CON:14 | WIS:10 | CHA:4 |

[Level 1]-[Level 2]-[Level 3]-[Level 4]-[Level 5]

I'm a hero.

Ahhh I love Assassin's Creed. And just Assassins in general. You guys are my role models. :)

Mission 3 is a really good one. :) Two in a row is a really good rule of thumb. It's also a good reminder that hey, it's not the end of the world to miss a workout or a healthy meal, just don't let it turn into a habit. 

Do you have any particular favorites as far as 'switch it up' activities? Everything on your list sounds like a lot of fun. 

Good luck with all of your goals! :)

Thanks!

In the past I've done a lot of running, so I have a feeling I'll be doing some of that. I'm working on starting barefoot running so that will be interesting. And I feel like my bike needs to get some more use. It just sits in my garage and collects dust. I want to see it in action a few times before it gets put into storage :)

A certain family member tried to throw away my DDR pads the other day, so I feel like I need to do DDR at least once to prove a point: the pads are not going anywhere. 

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

Woo, awesome theme and goals and motivation! I will definitely be subbing and cheering you on, as long as you promise not to kill me. :P

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Week 1 Day 1

No workout today. I didn't get nearly enough sleep and I didn't think it was worth it. I'm pushing workouts to days 2, 4 and 6 this week. 

Ate fairly healthy today, but there's definitely room for improvement. I need to eat more veggies;)

Week 1 Day 2

No workout today either... pushing workouts to days 3, 5 and 7. Not a good start, but I swear, life is crazy. 

Nutrition=crap. 

As for my other two goals, I'm really feeling a run or a bike ride later on in the week. I'm leaning towards run because I'm itching to know what happens next in Zombies, Run! and I haven't done it in a while. I haven't had time/been home long enough to clean or organize much of anything. Every time I leave the house, I'm either kidnapped for hours longer than originally anticipated or the car has to be towed. Seriously. 

So tomorrow is going to be pretty awesome. I'm going to wake up and work out, have a great day at work, eat healthy all day, buy some chicken from Publix and make a healthy meal for dinner. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it.  :nightmare:

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

Hope your first week is going well!

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

Midweek update. I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep up with posting every day. Too much going on.

Workouts: still at 1 for the week, though I'm contemplating a 5:30am run tomorrow. We'll see how that goes :) Yay Zombies!

Nutrition: Getting better. I brought an amazing lunch to work today. Peaches, grapes, seared chicken, and a pack of frozen veggies (1.5 servings). Ate most of it, ate the leftovers for dinner with a vegan shephard's pie I found in my freezer. Didn't get home until almost 9pm, so it was the best I could do with what energy I had left. /yawn

Organization: Uhh...crap. Yeah, I'll work on this... Saturday...

Meanwhile, I'm going to play Assassin's Creed because I'm tired and I'll work out on Saturday. Yeah. 

stealthfail.jpg

I'm gonna figure this stealth thing out, I swear. *button mashes*

• Like 3

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

You seen to be having crazy long days too, ugh!

I have faith in you and know you'll rock your next workout! For now enjoy AC for me! :P

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Midweek update. I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep up with posting every day. Too much going on.

Workouts: still at 1 for the week, though I'm contemplating a 5:30am run tomorrow. We'll see how that goes :) Yay Zombies!

Nutrition: Getting better. I brought an amazing lunch to work today. Peaches, grapes, seared chicken, and a pack of frozen veggies (1.5 servings). Ate most of it, ate the leftovers for dinner with a vegan shephard's pie I found in my freezer. Didn't get home until almost 9pm, so it was the best I could do with what energy I had left. /yawn

Organization: Uhh...crap. Yeah, I'll work on this... Saturday...

Meanwhile, I'm going to play Assassin's Creed because I'm tired and I'll work out on Saturday. Yeah. 

stealthfail.jpg

I'm gonna figure this stealth thing out, I swear. *button mashes*

Sometimes life happens. Remember not to take any stress from feeling obligated to update here; it's supposed to be for fun. :)

Stealth missions can be very NOT fun! But this is by far the thing that has made me rage at the games the most:

c16ac17540053e7104ffa75545d31670c3d68ffc

• Like 2

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

End of week 1!

So, I'm not off to the greatest start. I've been working on finishing a project (super secret project), and I spent some time catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while this weekend. I haven't had much time to work out or cook meals. I'm planning on working out tonight, but it's not gonna be the greatest workout since I've fueled my body with chicken wings... and cookie pizza... but I will certainly do my best. 

Anyone know any great paleo recipes for quick and easy dinners/bring-to-work lunches? I think for lunches I might just make a bunch of seared chicken and pack it with microwavable frozen veggies and some fresh fruit. But I really need help with dinners. I'm so lazy after work. :( It's a problem.

Oh, and organization! Haha. Yeah... backburner. Nutrition>organization right now, so it's my main focus. Packing will have to wait. 

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

Major congrats on the workout and don't bash yourself too much honestly. First week is never easy! 

I think that site has a lot of recipes that would be good for what you're looking for! :D

• Like 1

What Arya said! Try not to beat yourself up too much :) First weeks are always difficult, especialyl when you're trying to incorporate all this new stuff together! Just remember to have fun! :D 

Frozen veggies can be a godsend when you're knackered after work, just whack it in the microwave and stick some chicken in the oven :) And if you're cooking stuff in the oven why not just throw some veg in the oven too!? I always think that things like carrots/sweet potato/brocolli/whatever tastes just as nice if not better in the oven, and you dont need to put anything extra on it :D 

• Like 3

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

What Arya said! Try not to beat yourself up too much :) First weeks are always difficult, especialyl when you're trying to incorporate all this new stuff together! Just remember to have fun! :D 

Frozen veggies can be a godsend when you're knackered after work, just whack it in the microwave and stick some chicken in the oven :) And if you're cooking stuff in the oven why not just throw some veg in the oven too!? I always think that things like carrots/sweet potato/brocolli/whatever tastes just as nice if not better in the oven, and you dont need to put anything extra on it :D

Thanks! That's a great idea. I just really need to go shopping so I have that stuff on hand. Part of my problem is keeping my fridge stocked with foods I eat. Right now it's filled with processed crap because I had family in town. I would throw it out if it was just me but... it's not. And it's in my way. That will change next week though. 

I really like the theme for your challenge. :)

I think it's easy to get down on yourself, but use your (perceived) shortcomings as motivation to kick some more butt, and not let you beat yourself down for it.

Go strong!

Thanks! I will :D

• Like 1

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

Hows it going, girl? :)

Don't let a skipped workout or two get you down. It'll snowball you back into an unhealthy lifestyle. You're still going, that's what is important. :)

I can totally relate on feeding junk food to my friends/family. I'm on keto, and when I have a friend over and we get hungry I'm always like "Well... do you want some bacon and cauliflower?" I've started keeping a few boxes of mac & cheese in the back of my cupboard specifically for when I have friends over. It's so tempting though!

Keep going strong! :)

Jess: Level 5 Human Adventurer

STR:12 | DEX:14 | STA:10 | CON:14 | WIS:10 | CHA:4 |

[Level 1]-[Level 2]-[Level 3]-[Level 4]-[Level 5]

I'm a hero.

Wow, it's been a crazy month. Here's a quick recap:

I quit my job. My last day is tomorrow. 

I'm moving from Florida to Missouri for at least 4 months. 

I'm starting a new internship in September. 

I saw the west coast for the first time (flew to Portland for a wedding). 

I decided I want to relearn Spanish. 

I have one week to help my mom move across town. 5 people's worth of stuff... just 2 people to move it. 

And I'm sure there are a few things I've left out, but that's the gist of it. Oh! And one more thing.

I completely forgot about this challenge. Dropped it like a rock... with so much going on it's been impossible to wake up early enough to work out, I haven't had time or energy to cook healthy meals and... gosh, what was my other goal? Seriously, I'm a mess. 

But it doesn't have to stay that way! There's two weeks left, and though I probably won't be able to count it as a "completed" challenge, I'm still going to push through to the end from now on. Game plan:

Mission 1: Build my strength

I'm going to do the Bodyweight Brigade level 1 workout on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday morning next week, no later than 7am. I will track everything and post the results.

Mission 2: Switch it up

I'm going to go for a night run on Sunday night with the Zombies, Run! app. I'll post the results here. 

Mission 3: Eat to perform

This one is going to be a bit harder. I will go grocery shopping on my way home from work tomorrow (as exhausted as I may will be) and buy some frozen veggies and fresh chicken to make stir fry with. I'll make a huge batch of it on Saturday and get back on track before I leave. 

Life Quest: Get organized

This one I've really got to pick up the pace on. Obviously, being that I'm leaving my job tomorrow, my workstation is clutter free and organized. All I have to do is wipe it down with some good old fashioned purell and paper towels and I'm done. My room: haven't touched it. Car: yeah...no. Desk and bathroom: horrible. And my storage unit? I haven't seen it in months. At least 6 months. Eek. 

Right now, I need to focus on sorting what I need for Missouri and what I'm going to store... then figure out if I'm storing it in the storage unit or one of my mother's huge extra closets (=free storage). Then... it's major overhaul time. It's a little overwhelming T_T

So... wish me luck! And sorry for being MIA. 

7 days 'til the big drive. 

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

Wow, it's been a crazy month. Here's a quick recap:

I quit my job. My last day is tomorrow. 

I'm moving from Florida to Missouri for at least 4 months. 

I'm starting a new internship in September. 

I saw the west coast for the first time (flew to Portland for a wedding). 

I decided I want to relearn Spanish. 

I have one week to help my mom move across town. 5 people's worth of stuff... just 2 people to move it. 

Madness.

SweeneyTodd1070.jpg

Note: There is a band titled "Madness" and "madness gif" as an image search has a lot of creepy black-haired-Alice images (Alice in Wonderland), often with knives, from some video game? 

You have to move your mom, and then yourself separately, and then you again in a few months, and start an internship . . . AND the other stuff . . . insanity.

• Like 1

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines