KWeber's - Back to Motivation

kweber05

So this is my fifth challenge: #1 was awesome, #2 I fell on my face, #3 I had a death in the family and gave up with four weeks left, and #4 started strong but my eating and exercising went out the window the last two weeks.

back-to-the-future.gif

Main Quest

Ã˜ As with my first two challenges I would like to lose 10 pounds in the next six weeks and 50 over the next year (down to 34.4 to loose). Challenge starting weight is 194.4 lbs. Original starting weight 204.8 lbs. (down 10.4 lbs), last challenge start weight 195.2 (down 0.8 lbs).

200_s.gif

Specific Goals

Ã˜  Continue to eat healthy. Thi challenge I'm going to track my food in MyFitnessPal. I will report my log each day on NF.

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. To complete this I'm going to do my CT-50 and pilates programs. I would like to get some running in, but I'm setting that as a extra bonus for this challenge.

tumblr_ma04pxBG9f1r7rib5o1_500.gif

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. I was able to keep up with this even though I let everything else lapse.

Ã˜ This side request is going to include getting my butt into a study program for the GMAT. I have been putting off getting my masters for about two years b/c I'm freaked out about the test. I have got this six weeks to get it figured out and started!

BackFuture30.jpg

Motivation

Ã˜ To complete one thing that is about me and that is important to me. Tried of being upset every time I look into the mirror. Summer times makes it worse with all the cutie dresses and swim suits. I guess I'm just tried of being tired! Also going to San Francisco at the end of this challenge. There will be lots of pictures and I would like to think I could look good for them.

• Like 1

Level 2: Malcontent STR: 3 || DEX: 3 || STA: 6 || CON: 3 || WIS: 3 || CHA: 2

Current Challenge  Challenge 5  Challenge 4   Challenge 3   Challenge 2   Challenge 1

Grading Place Holder - Everything fell apart! 

The only main thing I accomplished this challenge was getting grad school prepped and paid for. Exercise was zero and eating was just Okay. Plus a really emotional two weeks were everything (I mean everything) made me burst into tears. People who know me know that is so not me. After a long chat with the hubby we think it is birth control related. I have an IUD and it is due to be changed out the beginning of this coming year. Fewer hormones means a more emotional Kristie...booo! 

I did get to take my birthday trip to San Francisco and it was wonderful! The trip really helped pull me out of my funk! It not help with eating properly or drinking less wine. I'm now afraid to get on the scale and will not be doing so until the beginning of the next challenge. Looking forward to next challenge...get registered for a workout class, so I have to go. Get me blog caught up so I do not feel so behind. Lastly, back to eating better! Plus there is another trip on the horizon, Ireland in late October!!!

Here is to restarting and recharging!  :redface:

Current Challenge  Challenge 5  Challenge 4   Challenge 3   Challenge 2   Challenge 1

You can do any damn thing you set your mind to - as long as you get out of your own way. 

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Week One Day One

Started: PG Tips tea, organic half/half and three packets truvia

Breakfast: Kind bar - Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate + Protein 

Lunch: Roughly three ounces of smoked chicken breast and half bag of Birds Eye Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower

Snack: Two ounces of mixed nuts - eaten through out the day

Dinner: Butterball sweet italian style turkey sausages (2.5 links) and half bag of Birds Eye Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower

I drank 49 ounces of water and took all my vitamins. Completed CT-50 Level 1/Workout 1: 3 rounds in 10 mins of the following: 20 touch jumps, 5 one-legged shin taps right, 5 one-legged shin taps left, 20 climber toe taps, 10 two arm rows with 10 lb kettle ball, and 10 two arm presses with 10 lb kettle ball. I logged all food and exercise in MyFitness Pal. Also took a 30 min walk in the evening with the new foster dog and logged roughly 7500 steps. Forgot to check exact count before going to bed...poo!

• Like 2

On the graduate school front I did some research last night. It is going to take about $500 just to get ready for the 2015 Fall semester. $70 application fee to the university, $250 fee to sit for the test, $100 for study book, and an estimated $60 to $80 for a face to face study class. I think that I really need that to get me in the right mind set. Right now I plan on taking the test in late January. I did fill out an online application to the university I want and they are seeking transcripts. I'm waiting on pay day and a discussion with my husband before paying any fees, but I did want to get the ball rolling.                 

• Like 1

Week One Day Two

Started: PG Tips tea, organic half/half and three packets truvia

Lunch: Roughly six ounces of ground venison with taco seasoning (no sugar) and three cups of Birds Eye steamed broccoli & cheese sauce

Snack: Two ounces of mixed nuts - eaten through out the day and sharp cheddar & beef stick for an after dinner I'm still hungry snack

Dinner: Smithfeild smoked boneless pork loin (2.5 patties)  grilled and quarter bag of Birds Eye steamed green beans

Drank 64 ounces of water and took all my vitamins. No official workout today...my legs are killing me from Monday's touch-jumps. I'm still (on Wend.) sitting and standing-up like a pregnant lady! I did run around after work taking the new foster to clinic. Logged all food and exercise in MyFitness Pal. Step log is below.

Steps: 5,623

Miles: 2.60

Calories: 253

Week One Day Three

Lunch: Roughly six ounces of ground venison with taco seasoning (no sugar) and half a cup of Birds Eye steamed brussell sprouts

Snack: Two ounces of mixed nuts - eaten through out the day and two sharp cheddar & beef sticks

This is where it all fell apart! Hubby was two hours late getting home. I was holding the start of dinner waiting, when he finally got home we went out!

Dinner: Zaxbys Chicken Club Basket (yes that means fries) and Sweet Frog frozen yogurt. Which was totally my fault, I was angry and had a headache from waiting too long to eat. 

Drank 52 ounces of water and took all my vitamins. No official workout today...legs finally feel better (Thrus) so pilates is on the calendar. Step count is below. Also have steaks ready to throw my the grill for dinner tonight with some green beans. Not going to let one day derail my whole week. So far today (Thrus) I have not had lunch b/c I have not been hungry (probably all that over indulging I did yesterday).

Steps: 10,698

Miles: 5.0

Calories: 482

Ummm.. Yeah. Absolutely nothing redeeming about yesterday's dinner, but it happens. Just hopefully way less often than 'old normal'. 

We all have those days and it's important to not let them serve as an excuse to slack off. Get right back on the ball and work twice as hard on making choices the rest of the week that are going to get you where you want to be in the long run - remember that just because you're pissed off, not taking care of yourself is not going to fix the problem. 

As for your calorie count, ummm.... that can't be accurate. 

How are you entering your calories, etc? According to MFP, this is roughly what you should have (minus the froyo, truvia and any fats used in cooking)

Snacks Organic Venison Wl - Ground , 6 ounces 240 0 9 38 1,148 0   Zaxby's - Chicken Club Sandwich Basket W/ Fries, 1 basket 1,250 99 73 43 2,415 0   Kind Bar - Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate + Protein, 1 Bar 200 17 13 7 40 9   Birdseye - Steam Fresh Brussell Sprouts, 2 cup 120 21 0 8 40 5   Emerald - Deluxe Mixed Nuts, 2 oz 340 12 30 10 160 2   Frigo - Sharp Cheddar & Beef Sticks, 2 stick each 360 0 30 20 860 0   Add Food

2,510 149 155 126 4,663 16

EDIT: The above cut & paste job looks like ass and is illegible. 

Screenshot:

JmxPwlE.jpg

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||

Lol @Fonzico: You were only in before my side-eye because I was editing it to sound nicer. :) 

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Calories are what my pedometer tells me I burn in the amount of steps I take. I have been tracking everything in MyFitness Pal food wise and yesterday was a disastrous sea of red! There is an App for my watch that will auto sinc with MyFitnes Pal. I plan on downloading all that tonight once I'm on my WIFI! 

Duh...would help if I told you an app for what. It is a walking/running calculator.

That makes much more sense. 

Go, Stewie!

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

I would like to get some running in, but I'm setting that as a extra bonus for this challenge.

Great mentality with this.  A lot of times people want to start right away with doing everything and then fizzle out. Treating that as *bonus* means you don't feel like you're falling behind if you miss it; but it's awesome if you get there. Really smart.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a message (How to PM and follow/ ) or post at the Tavern (Tavern ) . Don't forget to check out the minis if you want ( Minis).

Good luck and have fun this challenge :)

Week One Day Four

Lunch: No lunch, super busy and snacking in the afternoon.

Snack: Two ounces of mixed nuts - eaten through out the day and one sharp cheddar & beef sticks

Dinner: One 8 ounce boneless ribeye steak and cabbage stakes with garlic and Parmesan cheese with one 10 ounce glass of red wine

Drank 48 ounces of water and took all my vitamins. No official workout today, I'm still really sore from Monday. Step count is below. I logged all form in MyFitness Pal and got my photo blog done. 

Steps: 9,242

Miles: 3.85

Calories: 298

Week One Day Five

Lunch: No lunch

Snack: One and a half ounces of mixed nuts - eaten through out the day and one sharp cheddar & beef sticks

Dinner: Half a pasta bread bowl from Dominos

Drank 45 ounces of water and took all my vitamins. No official workout today and I forgot to log my steps. I logged all form in MyFitness Pal and got my photo blog done. 

Week One Day Six and Seven

Day Six Recap: On Saturday I went into to town with the intention of selling my little buck (male goat), but got no takers. The flock swap was a little slow due to the weather. Going to try again next month. I did not eat all day due to running around after that to get baby shower decorations and party favors. Had the Jack Daniels burger at TGI Fridays with fried green beans. Went to shoot pool after dinner and there was a tournament, so had one beer and left. We went home and played video games the rest of the night and the only thing I drank was a quarter of a sugar free red bull.

Day Seven Recap: Went out for breakfast and had mostly healthy stuff. One had one plate of the following: eggs, bacon, sausage, one slice of french toast with sugar free syrup, and half a honey bun with coffee. No lunch was still full from breakfast when the family got together. Did split a small piece of chocolate cake with my niece, but she ate most of it. No real dinner either, had some home-made soft pretzels. 

Drank some water but don't remember how much. No real exercise, we did pick up the yard and run the trash to the dump on Sunday and I worked up a sweat doing that. Not a steller weekend, but better than how I had been doing. 

Week One Wrap Up

Specific Goals

Ã˜  Continue to eat healthy. Thi challenge I'm going to track my food in MyFitnessPal. I will report my log each day on NF. A for the week, even thought my food was not so great I did track everything in My Fitness Pal, which is showing me where I need to improve my diet and were I run astray

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. To complete this I'm going to do my CT-50 and pilates programs. I would like to get some running in, but I'm setting that as a extra bonus for this challenge. D I only got in one actual workout and one walk. Need to make myself get back into the swing of this one

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. I was able to keep up with this even though I let everything else lapse. A done and done

Ã˜ This side request is going to include getting my butt into a study program for the GMAT. I have been putting off getting my masters for about two years b/c I'm freaked out about the test. I have got this six weeks to get it figured out and started! A, I applied, picked my test date, and found a face-to-face study group. Next step is to pay all my fees

Overall not a horrible week, but not a strong one either. This coming week is fulled with meetings, out of town husband, dog sitting an old foster, and get the house ready for my sister's baby shower (which is Saturday). There is still things to buy and games to plan, plus a diaper cake to make. I'm trying to stay focused on one day at a time and pre-plan out all my meals. On Sunday I made a huge pot of homemade white chicken chili, that will be lunch all week! 

Week Two Day One

Breakfast: Atkins Almond Cherry Bar

Lunch: On serving of the home-made White Chicken Chili and steamed edamame with sea salt 

Snack: Emerald 100 calorie pack of natural almonds and sharp cheddar & beef stick for an after dinner I'm still hungry snack

Dinner: Patty and a half of three cheese burger, steamable mixed vegetables (2/3 of cup), and one roma tomato from the garden

Drank 58 ounces of water and took all my vitamins. No official workout today, had to pick up the dog I'm sitting for after work and then come home and start cleaning for this weekend. Logged all food and exercise in MyFitness Pal, today was the first day I did not over eat in calories. I was pretty proud of that! Step log is below.

Steps Taken: 6,694

Miles Walked: 3.1

Calories Burned: 297

Hey, lookit how smooth food things go when you don't overthink them. 

Tonight if you're having trouble motivating for a workout, why not bike while watching tv for half an hour (or an hour if your trash tv includes anything on TLC like mine does)? If the ball & chain is out, watching something ridiculous + biking while you're doing it sounds like a great balance between indulgence & virtue. 

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Week Two Day One

Breakfast: Atkins Almond Cherry Bar, blueberry muffin, mixed fresh fruit and diet coke (had a all morning conference)

Lunch: On serving of the home-made White Chicken Chili and steamed mixed vegetables (2/3 cup)

Here is where shit goes bad again. Hubby leaves this afternoon for a two day trip and came home late from work. Usually we go out either Wend or Thrus for dinner, but he will not be here so, he wanted to go out last night. I made a heather choice for dinner but emotionally could not pass up the frozen yogurt. All of this is totally my fault, but it was like I was outside my body watching myself sabotage myself.

Snack: Emerald 100 calorie pack of natural almonds, almond cranberry bar, sweet frog blue cotton candy with fruity pebbles and cookie dough bites

Dinner: Chicken club sandwich only no fries

Drank 40 ounces of water and took all my vitamins. No official workout today, once we got home I had to help him get packed while he ironed and took meetings. Logged all food and exercise in MyFitness Pal and my step log is below.

Woke this morning with a sore throat and no energy. Hope I'm not coming down with something and it is just late summer allergies. My brother is coming over tonight to help me re-hang the trim in my spare bathroom so it is company ready. Also plan on truing the music up loud and knocking out some house cleaning and diaper cake making. 

Steps Taken: 6,897

Miles Walked: 3.2

Calories Burned: 305

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines