BlamedCat's Time to Follow the Leader Challenge

... to match my Jedi and Sith days ;)

I don't even know what that means...

Maybe Im' in the wrong community altogether lol!

When they said nerds, I pictured a crowd of people enjoying Latin and exchanging smart jokes about shakesperian plays... while lifitng heavy.  :highly_amused:

Man, I'll never find my crowd, will I?

I'm actually studying Bruce Lee to try and keep up!

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

I don't even know what that means...

Maybe Im' in the wrong community altogether lol!

When they said nerds, I pictured a crowd of people enjoying Latin and exchanging smart jokes about shakesperian plays... while lifitng heavy.  :highly_amused:

Man, I'll never find my crowd, will I?

I'm actually studying Bruce Lee to try and keep up!

Girl, it's okay, nerds come in all shapes and sizes and interests. :D:D  I'll follow you with shakespearian plays and jokes, lifting heavy, and bruce Lee... now you go watch Star Wars... all six movies, then you'l know what I mean by Jedi and Sith... I'll give you a hint, Sith almost always use red colored lightsabers.. hence the red and black shorts reference ;)

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

I fail to see the issue with this :tongue:

Glad to hear you just tossed your too-sweet drink, rather than forcing yourself to finish something that you neither enjoyed nor needed. That's great!

LOL  Well you girls can rock those awesome colors, I just can't.  ;)

Yeah, I'm glad I did too... it just... bleh... okay that's two strikes, so no need to shoot for a third there.  I'm done.

Gym clothes.  As in clothes specifically planned for wearing at the gym.  I hope you turn around and look at the road behind you - you'll see that you've climbed a huge hill already. 

LOL, Thanks Laureleye.  Yeah, I actually bought some clothes so I could wear them at the gym.  t-shirts and shorts were fine, but didn't really fit and got in the way with some exercises cause they were too loose.  I know, weird that- <looks back at the hill> I can't even see back to that day I wrote that huge epic post about stepping foot in the gym lol.  Talk about a change :D  Btw, thanks for being with me through the journey.

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Saturday Recap (Day 6)

Snack1

Protein shake with cocoa powder, one packet of stevia in the raw, brown rice protein x 2, and one cup of almond milk

Breakfast

3 egg omelette called "the everything omelette" so it had mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, bell pepper, bacon, ham, sausage, mixed cheese, topped with salsa.

Late Lunch

Grilled chicken tenders & a good portion of roasted broccoli and carrots

Dinner

Large Gengis Grill bowl, chicken/pork w/ white onions, bell peppers, spinach, Red curry peanut sauce (with Kahnzu sauce as well) and steamed rice.  I guessed on the metrics for this because there aren't any out there :(

Metrics:

Calories - 2,218 (89%)

Carbs - 132.32g (53%)

Protein - 211.84g (113%)

Fat - 91.45g (110%)

I went over on fat and protein, but considering what my metrics are I don't think that's gonna hurt much.  I'd honestly be more concerned if I went over on calories and carbs.

Workout

Today marks my first workout with my trainer.  I would have done some upper body work, but after discussing a pain I was having in my outer tendon next to my elbow, Cody suggested I do another day of legs and core to give that proper time to rest.

1. Stairmaster warmup - I did about 6 minutes which translated to 30 floors. yay.

2. I did 'Cody' Lunges.  I went looking for the 7.5 lbs. barbells, but they were missing!  While I was looking for them, the 10 lbs. ended up being put to use, so I bit the bullet and grabbed the 12.5's.. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but after these crazy exercises my legs were BURNING.  I did the lunges, slowly and methodically.  I can tell my balance is already improving so that's a good thing.

3. I did side squats.  Now, these suckers... my legs were still sore from Thursday, but goodness... the added weight and I was burning halfway through the AoS (Alley of Shame).  I managed to finish up and back down after a rest.  By the end of it, with the last 7, I couldn't do them in a fluid motion.  It took everything I had to do the step and then the deep squat, then rise up and pull my legs together, but I finished!.

4. I did a multitude of planks!  I decided to torture myself with Elbow, Hand, and Side planks.  Here's my results. EP (elbow plank), PP (Pushup Plank), LSP (Left Side Plank), RSP (Right Side Plank).  Each of these had a 30-45 second rest between

EP: 42.40

HP: 46.56

EP: 20.95

HP: 35.43

LSP: 16.31

LSP: 19.95

RSP: 22.21

RSP: 29.20

5. Stretches for cooldown.  I did butterfly, single leg, and split stretches.  It felt really good and I was pleased with myself.

I also found out, from talking with the manager up at the front, that after my first "package" of sessions, from that point it's up to the trainer what to charge for their services.  Which is kinda cool, means I might get a deal if I look to get more sessions in the future, who knows.  I know what I'm gonna end up spending any birthday money I get on... >_>

Sunday Workout

So I decided to go up to the gym after lunch and exercise.  What started off as a simple cardio day ended up being a little more...

1. I did Cardio on the Adaptive Motion Trainer.

I got shown this new machine today.  It's like an elyptical, but you can transition from stairs to whatever gait you want, which was nice.  It took all the shock off the knees and was actually pretty enjoyable.

Time: 29.55 (apparently I was five seconds short, bah)

AHR: 141

Calories: 319

2. I did some modified bench press.

I know tomorrow is going to be my next training session, but I wasn't sure what he wants to work on.  So I went light and just did some work on one of the machines.

Wide grip on Bench Press

1x60lbsx5

Hold 10 seconds engaged

1x60lbsx5

rest 30 seconds

1x60lbsx5

Hold 10 seconds engaged

1x60lbsx5

3. I did some PLANKS.
So I'm on this plank kick.  Since my core needs work, I figured another day of planks wasn't going to hurt. :)  This time I decided to start with the side planks to see if a fresh shoulder would make things go a bit further and I believe it did.  30 to 45 second rest between.
RSP: 42.12
RSP:30.18
----------------
LSP: 28.25
LSP: 22.43
----------------
EP: 41.03
HP: 41.48
EP: 20.60
HP: 41.35

4. I did stretches.  I took my time and worked on typical stretches, single-leg, hamstring, butterfly, splits, obliques, etc.

Hehehe.. Yeah, Bruce Lee's got a humongous anger management problem!

3. I did some PLANKS.

So I'm on this plank kick.  Since my core needs work, I figured another day of planks wasn't going to hurt. :)  This time I decided to start with the side planks to see if a fresh shoulder would make things go a bit further and I believe it did.  30 to 45 second rest between.

It's cool how we learn things from proper instruction from day one, isn't it?

God job and know the planks mean a smoother path on you way to any fitness challenges you decide to take on. (How 'bout some kung fu!!)

• Like 1

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

Sunday Food Recap (Day 7)

This day was all over the place and my metrics show it.  It was not only a day with lunch out with my mom but also rp night so late night cravings kicked in.....

Breakfast

Protein shake & one serving of Kashi cereal with almond milk

Lunch

Monte Cristo sandwich with steamed veggies.  (I should note this was a compromise on my part, I wanted to try it and see how my body handled it after all these years... it was tasty but I didn't go crazy with the raspberry sauce, barely dipped it for flavor, etc.  Avoided fries and asked for steamed veggies.)

Dinner

1 whole egg/3 egg whites omelette with bacon

protein shake

Late Night RP Snacks

kashi go lean cereal

3 bean and cheese burritos from taco bell (I'm not doing that again.... ugh, my stomach hates me today)

Metrics

Calories - 2,807 (112%)

Carbs - 322.64 (129%)

Protein - 142.47 (76%)

Fat - 114.45 (138%)

Bottom line, this was a craptastic day with attempts to enjoy myself and eat decent... judging by the metrics it sucked.  It could have been way worse, but still...   I suppose my only saving grace on Sunday was that I worked out. Meh.  And my body is reminding me why I gave up bean and cheese burritos at Taco Bell YEARS ago....  The sad part is that I thought the bean burritos would up my protein easy enough and wouldn't damage a lot else.. haha WRONG.

Hehehe.. Yeah, Bruce Lee's got a humongous anger management problem!

It's cool how we learn things from proper instruction from day one, isn't it?

God job and know the planks mean a smoother path on you way to any fitness challenges you decide to take on. (How 'bout some kung fu!!)

Well, he's dead so I don't think he has that problem anymore >_>  But did, yes, at least on screen lol.

Yep.  It's all about building blocks :)  Hmm, maybe, been looking for a reasonably priced dojo.

Sometimes when I am debating whether a splurge will be worth it, I track it before I eat it, and see how damaging it will be top my goals for the day. Sometimes seeing those numbers in advance is enough to stop me in my tracks.

You know better than that! Don't go back down that path, it doesn't lead anywhere fun.

• Like 2

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Sometimes when I am debating whether a splurge will be worth it, I track it before I eat it, and see how damaging it will be top my goals for the day. Sometimes seeing those numbers in advance is enough to stop me in my tracks.

You know better than that! Don't go back down that path, it doesn't lead anywhere fun.

Yeah, i was doing that for most of the day, so while the monte cristo was a calculated thing, but the burritos weren't :(

Roger that!

• Like 1

Totally not trying to pile up the abuse, but I'm side-eyeing *both* choices. Monte cristo. Really? Is that something you actually *need* to 'see how your body handles'? Is that *really* something you want to be working back into your eating habits? 

And the burrito ... I feel ya. But Taco Bell? Taco Bell rips people who eat Taco Bell up one side and down the other - do you have a death wish? 

Bottom line, this was a craptastic day with attempts to enjoy myself and eat decent... judging by the metrics it sucked.  It could have been way worse, but still...   

Here. 'attempts to enjoy myself and eat decent.' I'd examine that statement and the feelings behind it. Is eating a crazy indulgent sandwich the best way to eat decently? (spoiler: no).

I completely understand being out to dinner and wanting fattening comfort food because: reasons and feeling like crap/defeated/needing a hug/being tired of feeling weird because you eat differently than everyone else/peer pressure from SAD eaters. But, I would be very careful about letting yourself think you're 'eating decently' or 'getting back to normal' by doing so. That's a surefire way to revert back to eating crap and not caring that you're eating crap. 

Calculated off-target eating is one thing, but the statement above sounds more emotional than that. Not so much 'I need cheese to fill the hangries because I don't want to be eating every 5 minutes today' more like 'I'm tired of fighting and I want to see if old me food is something I can have'. 

Eating healthfully is a *lifestyle change*, not a *diet* and building a healthy relationship with food is something that needs to be constantly worked on and battled out until it becomes second nature. 

I'd think about the thought processes behind that decision, examine them, and come up with a plan for yourself to change the dialogue the next time you're in that situation. 

That shit ain't easy, but that's why you have elected to have this massive support network behind you. 

And my body is reminding me why I gave up bean and cheese burritos at Taco Bell YEARS ago....  The sad part is that I thought the bean burritos would up my protein easy enough and wouldn't damage a lot else.. haha WRONG.

Oh, BC. No, no they won't. Go for a bunless burger, a plain grilled chicken breast (usually available at either the deli of your grocery store or near the hotdogs), or some good lunch meat if you need a protein hit. Hard boiled eggs. Hell, even a hot dog (Archer Farms from Target has a good not alot of crap one) would be better than Taco Bell. There is absolutely nothing about refried beans + radioactive cheese + a flour tortilla that is either good for you, or going to allow you to hit your goals without consequences. 

But now you know, so there's that at least. 

I'd take Sunday as an opportunity to learn and grow - and then move right on to doing what you need to be doing to get where you want to go. 

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Saturday... heading to the gym soon.  Had a big breakfast and went shopping for gym clothes!!! >_>

I was considerate of other gym goers... I didn't buy anything that screamed "HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M the LARGE/OVERWEIGHT PEACH/LIME GREEN/RED GUY over HERE!"  I picked up two shades of gray for a shirt and two shorts (Walmart had a sale for 5 bucks woo!) blue and black, or red and black... to match my Jedi and Sith days ;)

I have to admit that I had to double read that since I thought you said you got a 50 shades of grey shirt not two shades of gray haha.

Hopefully, you are all recovered from taco bell and hitting week 2 up nicely.

• Like 2

Taco Bell...what were you thinking?  I guess the burritos were their own punishment.  But you're learning about keeping those metrics in order; I know you'll get there. 

Honestly, I was thinking "wow, I'm still hungry and while I'm out picking up my sister n law, I should hit up- no that's closed, that's closed, that's close... well Taco Bell is open and it's JUST a bean and cheese burrito..." that was my thought process.  But yes, they were their own punishment.

I'm gonna work through your post bit by bit so bare with me...

Totally not trying to pile up the abuse, but I'm side-eyeing *both* choices. Monte cristo. Really? Is that something you actually *need* to 'see how your body handles'? Is that *really* something you want to be working back into your eating habits? 

And the burrito ... I feel ya. But Taco Bell? Taco Bell rips people who eat Taco Bell up one side and down the other - do you have a death wish? 

Here. 'attempts to enjoy myself and eat decent.' I'd examine that statement and the feelings behind it. Is eating a crazy indulgent sandwich the best way to eat decently? (spoiler: no).

I completely understand being out to dinner and wanting fattening comfort food because: reasons and feeling like crap/defeated/needing a hug/being tired of feeling weird because you eat differently than everyone else/peer pressure from SAD eaters. But, I would be very careful about letting yourself think you're 'eating decently' or 'getting back to normal' by doing so. That's a surefire way to revert back to eating crap and not caring that you're eating crap. 

Calculated off-target eating is one thing, but the statement above sounds more emotional than that. Not so much 'I need cheese to fill the hangries because I don't want to be eating every 5 minutes today' more like 'I'm tired of fighting and I want to see if old me food is something I can have'. 

Eating healthfully is a *lifestyle change*, not a *diet* and building a healthy relationship with food is something that needs to be constantly worked on and battled out until it becomes second nature. 

I'd think about the thought processes behind that decision, examine them, and come up with a plan for yourself to change the dialogue the next time you're in that situation. 

That shit ain't easy, but that's why you have elected to have this massive support network behind you. 

Oh, BC. No, no they won't. Go for a bunless burger, a plain grilled chicken breast (usually available at either the deli of your grocery store or near the hotdogs), or some good lunch meat if you need a protein hit. Hard boiled eggs. Hell, even a hot dog (Archer Farms from Target has a good not alot of crap one) would be better than Taco Bell. There is absolutely nothing about refried beans + radioactive cheese + a flour tortilla that is either good for you, or going to allow you to hit your goals without consequences. 

But now you know, so there's that at least. 

I'd take Sunday as an opportunity to learn and grow - and then move right on to doing what you need to be doing to get where you want to go. 

I know you're not, but since you breached the topic...

No, it wasn't something I "needed", I wanted it.  I actually had the conversation live with Metal Weaver before I ordered to make sure I wasn't doing some knee jerk reaction.  Maybe that was wrong to do, I don't know.  I see plenty of people splurge with food and alcohol (which I find revolting) and not get epic side eyes of doom or posts of shame,  just "lol you know better" and people move on.  I stepped out there to try it because it's really hard to find a good Monte Cristo in these parts. (I realize this statement that doesn't make sense.  It was a comfort food thing. It wasn't right, but it was what it was.).  It was a calculated indulgence of only 600 calories and sadly, I was almost AFRAID to indulge, again you can ask Metal Weaver. It wasn't a great choice, I had my eyes open when I picked it even if there were emotions underlying it.  Heck, I even tried to mitigate it by opting for the veggies instead of the fries, but mitigation isn't taken into the equation.

It is not something I am "working back into my eating habits."  If you could be a fly on the wall with mine and Metal Weaver's conversations, you'd know I'm not thrilled about the oats thing or having to hit 250 cabs a day.

Burritos (there was more than one, goodness I ate three yuck) - yes, THAT was a poor decision.  I will not deny that at all. It was a terrible terrible decision.

All I can say to this is my attempts at describing why I choose to do that were not entirely clear and while you're right on some points in your zealous support, you're also off.  Again, I am NOT working this back into my eating.  I have no desire to go get Taco Bell or Monte Cristo's.  I have no craving for them.  Right now, this metrics thing that I'm on is not my lifestyle, it's an experiment, if you will, for the time being to see if my trainer is actually right about me eating too little and basically starving myself. Of course that has no true bearing on the lunch or late night decision on Sunday.

The cold hard truth about the Sunday lunch choice was that I wanted to feel normal.  I am stressed about finances, I can barely work out how to buy and feed these metrics along with my family's needs.  If I had extra cash and didn't have to wrestle life every single paycheck, I'd have the money to stock up on things, but as it stands I'm very very limited.  I am running out of all the things that I had prepped to stay on track and I'm frankly TERRIFIED of what I'm going to get to work with when we buy groceries next.  I feel terrible for buying a pound of chicken for myself.  Now, to be fair, my family isn't starving.  We are making ends meet, but it's usually family style meals, so you eat what everyone else eats.  I've been struggling NOT to do this and to make my own meals.  Back when I had Whole 30, I had extra money to spend on that goal, but that ran out.  My mom bought us all lunch, she didn't have too, but she wanted too.  I FELT BAD because I don't like relying on other people or being a mooch.  I was grateful that she insisted, but at the same time I felt weak.  I know I'm not a mooch, but it's hard to be offering to pay for your own family's meal with a credit card, knowing you can't pay it off right away.  I looked over the menu for healthier options and none of the salads sounded appealing to me, so I considered the unhealthy options and made the stupid decision to get a craptastic sandwich with steamed vegetables.

It was late at night and everything was closed and we didn't have time to pick up my sister n law and get back to the rp session that was on pause.  It was a terrible choice, as stated earlier.

"I'd take Sunday as an opportunity to learn and grow - and then move right on to doing what you need to be doing to get where you want to go." I thought by confessing the terrible food and owning up to it was learning and growing?  The rest of the past two weeks, I've been really spot on with my metrics and learning what foods are worth it and what aren't.  I'm trying to do this.

Now, having addressed all your concerns, let me turn this around to something a bit more positive.  I really am thankful for all the support I've get from you and everyone else here on NF and offline personally.  I am very honest in my posts and I put myself out there, heart and all, because I know you guys are going to be encouraging and hold me accountable at the same time.  Lord knows that I beat myself up as is and I need the support here, so I REALLY appreciate it.  (Joy can attest to this.)  We all have our slip ups, and calculated (or not so calculated) cheat days.  I chalk up Sunday to a cheat day when it's all said and done and I was honest in sharing it, warts and all.  I'm moving on, dusting myself off, and getting back on track.

I have to admit that I had to double read that since I thought you said you got a 50 shades of grey shirt not two shades of gray haha.

Hopefully, you are all recovered from taco bell and hitting week 2 up nicely.

Oh goddness no no, a thousand times, no! *falls on the floor laughing*

Yeah, my body expelled the demons for half the day.  I'm good now.  :)

Eeesh Taco Bell, that's not even Mexican lol. That pho Mexican at best! :D

Eeesh Taco Bell, that's not even Mexican lol. That pho Mexican at best! :D

Yeah, if there was a Taco Bueno in this crazy town I would have ended up going there (at least their bean burritos are smaller), but yeah it was like saying I wanted a burger and going to McDonnalds... no bueno (see what I did there?)

Monday Recap (Day 8)

moving on

Breakfast

Protein shake

Snack1

2 servings of Chobani greek yogurt... it's got 12g of protein so I was EXCITED :D

Lunch

Red Beans and Sausage

An almond butter sandwich on whole wheat (had to get my metrics up for the workout to come that night.)

Snack2

Kashi cereal mixed in another chobani yogurt (trying to eat something about an hour and a half before workout)

protein shake (I made when I got home about 15-30 min before my workout)

Dinner

three whole eggs, fried

bacon 4 pieces

sweet potato, diced and pan fried

Metrics

Calories - 1,965 (79%)

Carbs - 213.32 (85%)

Protein - 134.95 (72%)

Fat - 81.94 (99%)

Workout

Today marked the final workout session I had with Cody.  I'll have to save up somehow for more sessions, but at least I'm locked into the 25 bucks a session rate, which is pretty nifty.  He's going to send me what I need to do on "upper body & core" and "lower body & core" days, so I have something to work with while I'm on my own.  There wasn't a lot of talking with this session, just busting out some awesome exercises lol.

1. I did stairmaster.  Did this for 30 floors and got mentally ready for the challenge ahead.  I told Cody what I did over the weekend, he wanted to see how I was doing, where I was at, etc.  He also said he disliked that AMT machine.  It could have been a personal preference, but I think it had to do with how it was easy to tweak your knee muscles in it (I felt some of that when I was learning to use it).

2 & 3. We did Underhand Lat Puldowns & Triceps Extensions with short bar. He had me start with the lat pulldown, with my grip about shoulder width and pull the bar down to just under my chin.  I can't remember the reps, but I think it was two sets of 10, then I hopped up and was to do the Triceps Exensions with the short bar, full range of motion, keeping my elbows locked in place.  Did two sets here as well.  He kept adjusting the weights, warmups, then work sets, then less reps and a little more weight, then removing weight and reps.  whoah boy were my arms burning by the end of it.  This was like a mini circuit, now that I think about it.

3 & 4. We did Overhand Lat Pulldowns & Triceps Extensions with v bar.  So he repeated the process here and at some point I remember him complimenting me on my triceps definition, which was encouraging. :)  Another mini-circuit.

5 & 6 & 7 & 8. We did cable chest press, some variation like a cable bear hug, curls (barbell and dumbbell (rotating bicep)), then hammer curls. Another mini-circuit.  He started by having me sit down on the cable press machine, which was pretty neat.  Your each back and grab these grips on either side, then you proceed to do a chest press out in front.  Six of these, then you rotate your grip to vertical and repeat, but push out from your chest and bring your hands together like you're bear hugging an ogre (as he put it).  6 of those. Did I mention there was a pause at the end I had to hold the bearhug? And another pause when I was parallel and back on the way down? Then he had me get up and grab the 30 lbs barbell and do curls with the inner grip.  about 10.. at some point he had me hold in mid-activation for ten seconds then drop the bar.  Then I went back to the chest press/bear hug, 6 more of each while he went to find some dumbbells.  When he came back I was finished so he gave over the 17.5 lbs dumbbells and had me do rotating bicep curls, emphasizing on one full motion and then pausing at the bottom and flexing the triceps.  I did like 10 of these and pause engaged parallel to the ground for 10 seconds. Then it was back to the cable press and hugs.  Then he had me switch over to just doing hammer curls at the same time, again, making me stop at the bottom to flex my triceps again.  At the end there was another hold at parallel for 10 seconds and then we were done with this.

9 & 10.  We transitioned to planks and push-ups.  He  had me use a balance half ball thing, do a hand plank on the flat side for maybe 30 seconds, then move down a bit and do 5 push-ups on the ground, then flip the balance thing over and do an elbow plank.  Repeat process.  Eventually the push-up's failed and he as fine with that and that was the third round of this mini-circuit.

11 & 12.  We did Bicycles & V-ups. Then we moved to a bench where he introduced me to bicycles and V-ups.  I did alternating sets of these and then rested a little, then finished up with just v-ups to close down the day.

13. Cool down was some stairmaster and then treadmill to get my heartrate down.  When I hopped on the treadmill my heart rate was at 151 lol.  Funny how I thought that wasn't beating out of my chest, guess I'm getting used to it lol.

As I said up there, that was my last session with Cody for now.  Just in this short bit of time, I've learned a lot.  I'm eager to get these workouts with actual reps/weight/sets so I can keep going with this through the challenge.  I've never done circuit training before, but I can certainly see the benefit of it.

• Like 3

Sounds like it was well worth it all.  

The wife and I are members at 24 hour fitness.  We haven't been in awhile.  She got a email congratulating her on being a member for 6 months.  They are giving her a free 50 minute trainer session.  So she told me "Hell yeah I am doing it" :)  I signed up about a month behind her, so maybe I will get one too.  Then it just might get us back into some gym workouts.

• Like 1

I'm guessing by now the sith uniform must be on the laundry pile so you must be using the... (what's the opposit of sith?)

10574281_10152158804351856_8265022100217

(Just saw that on facebook and it made me think of your sides-of-the-force-color-coded gym clothes.  :highly_amused: )

Sorry you had to make a public mea-culpa on some diet mishap. Shit happens, you know. Monte Cristos too, whatever that is hehe.

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines