Helloandie the Laziness Slayer

helloandie

Am back! Had to skip a challenge due to vacation. And I'm also vacationing next week, but I couldn't skip 2 in a row!

To account for this, I'll have to do some hotel room, body weight workouts in lieu of the gym, and I'll allow for sugar TWICE that week. As in, two separate SINGLE SERVING desserts. And I'll actually try to skip those, but I have to plan for a little vacation slipage because I'm realistic. ;) Walking will not be an issue, I'm headed to the PNW which will have much nicer weather than my home town and much nicer scenery as well. And now, on with it!

Main Quest

Again: Less squishy/more defined muscle tone! (Slow and steady wins the race, yes? Well it's happening slowly, but it's happening.)

Goals

Diet - No sugar! I recently read Year of No Sugar and Sweet Poison and WOAH. Sugar is the devil. (I'll be avoiding sugar under its many aliases found here) (+4 CON)

Workout - Hit the gym 2+ times per week for weight training (+4 STR)

Workout - Go on walks/jogs 3+ days/week, at least 2 miles (+4 STA)

Life Quest

Finish Good Calories, Bad Calories, learn more about the food I eat (+3 WIS)

helloandielevel 3 | Half-Elf Ranger

STR 7 / DEX 3 / STA 6 | CON 4 \ WIS 4 \ CHA 3

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd

I know the sugar goal would be a huge challenge for me.  I am looking forward to see your progress.  Way to go in developing a plan to keep up with your workouts during vacation.  I had the same challenges on our vacation and I just had to make a priority without messing up other folks vacation time.  It can be done.

• Like 1

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Checking in! So far - GREAT. 

Monday: Went to the gym, walked the track for about a mile and a half before working on weight training with my trainer.

Hyperextensions - 2 sets of 15, body weight

Leg press (machine) - 2 sets of 15, set 1 70lbs., set 2 85lbs.

Shoulder presses - 2 sets of 15, set 1 5lbs., set 2 8lbs.

Pulldowns - 2 sets of 15, 30lbs.

Pushdowns - 2 sets of 15, 30lbs.

Seated cable rows - 2 sets of 15, set 1 40lbs., set 2 30lbs.

No sugar!

Tuesday: Woke up early to walk (2.03mi) and took a walk/jog in the evening (2.02mi) for a total of 5.05mi!

No sugar!

No sugar so far today and going to the gym after work. 

Re: smurray - I've been sort of toying with the idea of quitting sugar for about a month (since I read those books!) so I was able to prepare and shop accordingly. I got a bread machine so I can (easily) make my own sugar-free bread. I already avoid all beverages that aren't water, tea, or coffee, so really it's been easy so far. The trick is the preparation, you really have to read a crap ton of labels, purge sugar-containing foods from your house, and shop for ingredients and make your own food. :) I've been all sorts of food obsessed for over a year now and I keep trying stuff and this seems to be the easiest "diet" yet, really.

Check in!

Wednesday: Gym day! 

On the track for 1.09mi, I walked two laps then jogged one lap, then repeat. It was more jogging than I've ever done and I didn't feel like I was going to die. Endurance is leveling!!

Hyperextensions - 2 sets of 15, body weight

Shoulder presses - 1 set of 15, 5lbs., 1 set of 10, 8lbs.
Pulldowns - 2 sets of 15, 40lbs.
Deadlifts - 1 set of 5, 45lbs., 3 sets of 5, 65lbs

Aaaand then I almost passed out, which happens from time to time so I sat down with my head between my knees until I could walk and I went home. :(

No sugar!

Thursday: No sugar!

Today: Knocked out my 2 mile walk after lunch today which was a dumb idea because I'm wearing sandals, it's super sunny and I have no sunscreen, and 77 degrees SOUNDS lovely but after half a mile it is not.

But at least I don't have to worry about it later?
  • Like 1

Sounds like the sugar ban is still going well. I walked a couple of miles in my Chaco sandals Saturday after my morning run.  I think my fee twere still swollen from the run, and I rubbed a blister with the sandals.  I am going to have to stick with my rule of always having my running shoes with me.  Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

WELL. I'm back from a fantastic vacation! I completely left my Fitbit behind, plugged in to charge for the trip. Awesome. And then my cat decided to play with it last night and now there's no telling where it's ended up. Hopefully I can find it easily after work.

So I managed to stick to only ONE dessert last week, it was s'mores cooked over a campfire on a beach and let me just tell you, totally worth it. I probably walked a minimum of 10 miles each day, maybe more. I did body weight workouts in the Airbnb apartment I stayed at (which was so lovely!) that included squats, push ups, reverse crunches, planks, and the most hated of all: lunges. It was a successful and exhausting week. I can't believe I managed to work out - TWICE - in the middle of all the rushing around and herding children. 

Tonight I return to the gym. :)

Ugh I've had the crud this week, probably from travelling. I'm almost back to normal today, but that means I have a lot of work to do with these last 4 days this week. Luckily, I managed to make it to the gym on Monday, so I'm not *super* behind, but I haven't gone on ANY walks and I skipped the gym last night for a nap. I figure it's better to get healthy, then work out. So I'll probably hit the gym tonight or tomorrow. Definitely get my walk in  this evening!

I'll post what I did at the gym on Monday later, or if you're super curious like RIGHT NOW you can friend me on MapMyFitness. :tongue:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines