Aerinity's late to the party. Whoops.

Week 2 - day 1:

- sleep = not enough last night.

- mileage = a whopping 4 miles this morning before work! 2.55 changing intensity/resistance while at a steady pace (33mins) and another 1.47 at level intensity but changing speeds (20mins) ("sprintervals!"). No weights today but I thought about it a whole lot.

- macros: decent. I changed mine to be 40% carbs/40% protein/ 20% fats and seem to be doing okay with it. Still going under on carbs and fats and now struggling to meet protein goals when I wasn't before... I figure I'll try this out for a couple weeks and see if this new macro alignment works better for me or not. If not, I'll revert back to the old standard set of 50/30/20.

- micros: sodium is my forever problem child and I've started going over on cholesterol in the past week I noticed (I started eating meat again - extra lean and/or boneless and skinless turkey/chicken) which makes me really nervous and a little upset. Not super crazy over, but over enough considering heart problems run in both sides of my family. I started researching into how to try to tweak that and I think I have some ideas but suggestions are also more than welcome.

Which, I needed that mileage after being so miserably sick last week, and then having a super freak out/hardcore depression slam while driving to the gym this morning. My depression flares up here and there but this morning was a particularly bad moment of severity, and a ridiculously sudden onset. I drive to work with nothing but my own thoughts. I try to leave the music off, and just drive. Silently, by myself so that I can be okay with my own thoughts, with silence, with the calm and dark around me at 4/5am in the morning. It's a time to attempt to be okay with the world around me as basically none of my friends are awake, and I'm left completely alone to do whatever it is I chose to do. I don't have to worry about who has what schedule or if I'll be missing someone I want to talk to, or chat with because I know they won't be around if I don't catch them, I don't have to worry about building my schedule around that of other peoples so that I can try to spend as much time with them as possible, it's just me. In my car. With no sound other than that of the road beneath my car's wheels while Driving the 30 miles needed in the dark to get to where I need to go.

Today I basically was completely blindsided with suddenly feeling completely incapable and inadequate to be worth much of anything to anyone. I started mulling over how I should just stop trying to be around people, that I was probably just fucking up perfectly good things that people already had going on, and how it didn't matter how hard I tried to exercise and eat right, I would always just be a fat, miserable, completely unattractive, unworthy person who will never be able to accomplish anything more than I already have, or do anything right to be really truly worthwhile a time/emotional investment for anyone I love and care for.

It sort of made me just want to quit trying just about everything I've been beating myself up these last few months to try to do.

Which thinking about this now was extra frustrating because yesterday was such a good day. I fit into a pair of pants that I hadn't been able to wear in 4 years, I went and saw "Guardians of huge Galaxy" and was reminded that if I ever want to be a superhero (it's a silly childhood dream, but it does help motivate me to think maybe someday I could do something really awesome like some action movie star, and be more capable of protecting those I love) I need to keep trying to keep working on it, and that all my work so had gotten me a few steps closer to being that super hero I've always wished I could be. About how I was starting to tone up and slim down, and hey I could totally lift that thing, or push that guy around, and if I kept it up I'd be a complete badass in no time. It's stupid and silly to get inspired by action/superhero movies, but I do. That's why I kinda like watching them. The thought that maybe I could be the hero of my own story (physically) and be the person who can always help in the stories of others... Idk. It's dumb.

Anyway. That's all I got today. I'll make it to bed on time for my goal which is good, so.... Goodnight.

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

Week 2 - Day 2:

Mileage:  1.51 miles "Sprintervals" (22mins) after 30mins weights.

Not so great on the mileage today, which is a downer, but I'm tired (didn't sleep well), and frustrated, and heavy hearted, and I lifted (legs and arms) before I want and did it, so that probably didn't help any. I mostly just want to curl up in a ball, and fade away today, but that's not really much of an option. So! I'll do my work, maybe hit the gym again after work depending on how I feel,

Macros: I've planned out most of my food for the day, and it looks like I'm probably going to be under across the board (cals, carbs, protein & fats). I'll need to figure out what's likely to be most beneficial and add some more food in. Maybe some avacado on my tacos tonight, and/or some more plain chicken breast.

Micros: I've figured out how to take out about 50mg of cholesterol from my micro's based on changing my whey protein into a whey isolate. I think this should help quite a bit to lower all of that tomfoolery that was stressing me out. I'll keep some nuts in my diet (roasted, unsalted cashews, pistachios and/or walnuts) to counter balance that cholesterol since I'll be damn close to that 300mg marker pretty much every day even taking that 50 out I think.

Lifts: None yet this week, gotta get on that.

Life Goal: Not even started yet, lulz.

Still feeling shitty about life and myself in general, trying to mostly ignore it but I feel like this is likely going to bite me in the ass somehow. It'll probably rear it's ugly head worse later or something. Idk. Just gonna... Try to get through it.

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

Week 2 - Day 3:

Mileage: 3.3 miles (2.55 miles elliptical (changing incline/resistance), .75 miles "sprintervals")

Macros: So far from what I've input on MFP it looks like I'm going to be under on cals, carbs, fats and protein. Time to figure out someone else to stuff into myself over the course of the day that will at least get me to my protein goal.... And apparently there will be cake today for a coworker's b-day... Think I may need to skip that. I ended up going out to eat with a coworker for lunch yesterday and my body just wouldn't stop being hungry (an actual unusual thing for me) so I went over on basically all macros yesterday in the end because if my body is going to be really hungry and I can solve it without butchering everything (which I did! Only a couple hundred cals over) I may as well, since I normally don't.

Micros: Over on sodium, but also over on potassium! So, I'm mostly okay with that. I think I figured out how to get my cholesterol down which I am quite happy with (under goal today!) and I'll be changing my whey protein to a whey isolate (just adjusted my monthly order this morning!). Here's hoping I actually like the flavor of the isolate.

Lifts: 30 last night! 30 more tonight! I figure if I can get up to 40 or 50 a day in the next couple weeks 60 every other day should be a snap by the last week of the challenge. Depending on my progress, I may even up that final goal, but we'll see.

Sleep: Sunday was a bomb, Monday & Tuesday goals met for amount of time! Unfortunately, my quality of sleep hasn't been very good so I've still ended up being mostly exhausted during my days. /sigh

Life Goal: Failing on this one hardcore so far, lulz.

Other: I'm trying to coordinate with a friend to meet up with her husband (a former personal trainer) to get some pointers, and guidance on using free weights since I want to start moving that way with my lifting days. Also, I've started doing more core exercises, and tried doing some more simple stretches. The more I toy around with this stuff, the more I'm realizing I'm probably not quite as much a pathetic loser when it comes to this stuff as I thought since I started toying around with planks, and some other core exercises and didn't die in 10 seconds or less (how bad I thought I was). I think once I start getting some of my core strength in line, I'll be a lot more comfortable with looking into yoga, and other balance/body weight related exercises as I won't feel like a complete and utter falling over, miserable, loser. Just gotta take one step at a time, and the leg raises are a big part of that in this challenge for me.... Even though I hate those fucking things.

Driving into work this morning was not fun. The drive itself was fine, by the inside of my own head was a major danger zone. I managed to get through it, but not completely unscathed. I'm holding up okay mentally, but.... IDK, this is not a good pattern these last few days. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, and why I keep seeming to ram into these mental/emotional landmines while making my way to work. I've been trying to sort them out, but then it just makes me think about the topics that put me in such a terrible spiral the day before and I just... Start going down all over again. Ignoring things would be horrible, and not resolve anything, but spiraling into misery isn't exactly a great way to handle things either. I'm not sure what to do, but I'm still working on figuring it out.

Week 2 - Day 4:

Mileage: 2.54 elliptical in 33 mins.

Macros: Under across the board yesterday. Whoops.

Micros: Over on Sodium & no one was surprised ever, but! I was also massively over on potassium, and I always drink 10+ cups a water a day (generally around 12ish). So, I think I should in theory have my potential sodium issues well in hand if I can keep this up. Over on dietary fiber, which is good too since I've been over on cholesterol the last couple days (but not yesterday!). And my Vit's C & A were waaaay over, but this is a norm for me since I generally eat a fuck ton of fruits and veggies on any given day. I've been managing to keep my iron intake at 90-110% which is really good for me since I have minor issues with anemia and I keep it in check through diet alone normally.

Lifts: 37 last night! 30 the day before! Haven't done any more yet, but boy was I feeling it last night by the time I keeled over into bed.

Sleep: I'm making the hours (except Sunday) but the quality of my sleep has been super shitty lately so it's not all that restful, which is massively not helping. All I can say is "Yeah, fuck you too body." on this one.

Life Goal: ahahahaha. I have.... 1 part done. I need to carve out some time for this this weekend.

Other: Today I should be getting some basic maintenance done on my car now that I've fought with the mechanic to get an appointment for the past three days. On Saturday I have a free weights lifting consultation which will be interesting (and awesome) but that means I probably shouldn't bust my ass on Friday and Saturday morning with massive time spent in the gym on cardio and weights. :/

I'm tired, and frustrated, and idek. Just don't want to deal with much of anything today if I'm perfectly honest with myself, but fuck it. Stuff's gotta get done anyway.

• Like 1

tumblr_ltg2p9Elxo1ql56txo1_500.png

Keep the faith and keep going.

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

Week 2 - Day 5:

Mileage: 2.42 elliptical in 33mins & 2.29 treadmill in 35mins (4.71 total)

Macros: under on everything including cals pretty significantly due to this being my heavy work out day. (I took it lighter than normal since I knew I was going to be with the personal trainer the next day though)

Micros: not too bad, not too great.

Lifts: none, but 43 from the night before.

Sleep: 10hrs

Life Goal: none.

Other: I don't recall much about Friday other than trying to piece shit together at work because everyone's a fucker and trying not to be too stressed out by other things that were going on. Came to the conclusion that with the type of work outs I'm doing I have no option but to start eating meat again, and started research into all natural meat sources I could get locally since the antibiotics and hormones pumped into meat is why I stopped eating it into first place.

Week 2 - Day 6:

Mileage: .75 miles after free weights training

Macros: barely hit protein which is generally my biggest concern but I knew that was going to be an issue on this is day.

Micros: ahahahahahahahahaha moving on.

Lifts: none, but did engage core in planks and bird dog yoga things along with getting recc's from the trainer I worked with about other methods of engaging core for increased endurance for core strengthening activities.

Sleep: slept really weirdly (2hrs, in and out of sleep for 2hrs, out cold for 5hrs) but did get 7hrs.

Life Goal: N/A

Other: it was nice to get out and I knew I'd be tired by the end but I forgot how completely and miserably exhausting being in a completely new place and around a lot of people (5 to be exact) that I have never met before can be for me. The trainer I worked with was super surprised by my weight he thought I had to weigh at least 60lbs less than I actually do. I would feel good about this, but it's sort of a common place thing in my life. (Not looking like I weigh as much as I do) I don't know if it's because I have more muscle than "expected" or bone weight, or have a proportional fat distribution, or what, but it is what it is, and this is part of why I hate BMI.

Also, my shoulder that's been giving me problems actually felt better after working with the trainer. Which was weird, but I was thankful for it. I also have most of my FSA account stuff in hand so even though I hate doctors if I end up needing to go, that should end up being fairly easy in the end. Just hope if I do have to go I don't get shit for my weight and lack of history with regular check ups and things.

Week 2 - Day 7:

Rest day.

Week 2 in summary:

Work outs: 6/5

Mileage: 16.83 - can still feel that I'm recovering from my major bout of illness the week before (think I'm just down to congestion now!) & mixing up my training is taking a killer toll on me across the board but it should help in the end I think.

Macros: good - still under on carbs even after lowering the percent macro. Now struggling with protein due to increased macro. Fats are eh. Calories we're hard as I was extra hungry this week but I've done well enough with them I suppose.

Micros: sodiums a problem, getting better at handling potassium, have a better feel on how to handle cholesterol.

Lifts: 110 for the week. Still a ways short of the 240 I'll need in week 6, but may need to bump week 6 up to 300 for the week if I can up steady at this pace.

Sleep: 5/5

Life Goal: boo, do better on this self.

Other: I'm done writing.

tumblr_ltg2p9Elxo1ql56txo1_500.png

Keep the faith and keep going.

Thanks

I'm just stopping by to see how week 3 is treating you.   This is often the week where things fall apart - but stick with it.  It's ok to not be perfect - just keep making progress!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

Sorry to read about your wobble. You can do this. We got your back xx

It'll work itself out! Just gotta be careful is all. Thanks for the support.

Hope the shoulder feels better.  Week 3 is here already!  Keep on going!

Thanks! It's been giving me problems on and off for the past month at this point. I thought I just hurt it over lifting (170lbs downward press!) so I let it rest a few days but it keeps getting weak/starting to feel tender really fast, way faster than it ever used too. I'm giving it a rest this week as much as I can, and if the issues aren't mostly cleared out by end week, I'll be calling to set up an appointment to get it checked out.

Sounds like you are doing well. You are learning a lot on your first challenge and that is what it is all about.

Kick week 3's arse!

Thanks! Yeah, I almost have to wonder if up-rooting my entire workout routine in the middle of a challenge was the smartest idea I've ever had, but, well... Lessons! Things! I'm sure it'll work out.

I'm just stopping by to see how week 3 is treating you.   This is often the week where things fall apart - but stick with it.  It's ok to not be perfect - just keep making progress!!

Well, I'm not too worried about stopping working out, I've been at it pretty solidly since the beginning of May at this point and will probably be trying to keep it up with my friend's personal trainder husband since I have some pretty lofty goals still to come (I want to do a Crossfit competition in a couple years!!!), my biggest concern is remembering to log on and write things here. I'm so bad about that sometimes. xD

• Like 1

Week 2 - Day 7:

Sleep: got enough! Which is surprising, but....

Week 3 - Day 1:

Workouts: 0/1 - Accidentally set my alarm for work for "PM" instead of "AM" threw my timing for my whole day off, along with a bunch of last minute required errands/bills to take care of that came up. Basically, it screwed what free time I thought I'd have.

Mileage: 0

Leg lifts: 0

Macros: Under on Fats (common),Under on carbs (also common), over on protein! (VICTORY!), under on cals.

Micros: Under on cholesterol, under on sodium (omg, I think a fucking miracle happened here, negl), not nearly enough iron, and under on sugars (also no one was surprised ever).

Sleep: Miserable, like 4hrs.

Life goal: Nada

Other: This was seriously just a crash and burn day. Moving on...

Week 3 - Day 2:

Workouts: 1/5

Mileage: 4.0/30  (All on elliptical in 55mins, tried a new setting which oh hello kicking my ass, how are you?)

Leg lifts: 0/300

Macros: Under across the board. (Cals, carbs, fats & protein)

Micros: Over on Sodium, but also over on potassium. Otherwise, under across the board! (Which is both good and bad)

Sleep: 1/5 met!

Life goal: lalalalala, clearly I just need to get my ass in gear, lalala.

Other: Yesterday was sort of a weird blur.

Week 3 - Day 3:

Workouts: 2/5

Mileage: 2.63 + 4 = 6.63/30

Leg lifts: 40 when I get home tonight. :|

If my pre-planned meals for the day go the way I think they should:

Macros: Under across the board. (Cals, carbs, fats & protein)

Micros: Over sodium, over potassium, over choleterol :|    I think I need to stick with the whey isolate I got if I want to make sure that I don't go over on that often.

Sleep: I need to recover from Monday still, gdi.

Life goal: There's no way I'm likely to have brain power for this tonight. /sobs

Other: Yeah, I got nothing. I probably should have waited to write this day. xD

I did get the whey isolate protein powder, and I am pleased to report that it's initial taste doesn't make me want to gag!!! I'm actually rather excited about this. Though... The after taste could use some help. Oh well, just gonna have to suck it up there if I don't want to butcher my micros moving forward I think.

I also realized I need to start cardio-ing at least 4 miles a day for the next couple weeks. I'll probably just see what I can get to this week, then do 4 miles a day next week, and try 5 miles a day on week 5. Hopefully that'll allow me a somewhat comfortable stagger of 4/5/6/4/5/6 to make the 30 miles needed on week 6.

• Like 1

Ehehehehehe

crossfit-bird_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Week 3 - Day 3:

Sleep: Managed appropriate hourage! 

Week 3 - Day 4:

Workouts: 3/5

Mileage: 4.71 (Elliptical - 35mins)

Leg lifts: 50

Macros: Over fats, Under carbs, over proteins (barely!), under cals.

Micros: Under potassium (booo self, boo), over sugars (weird), under iron (this is not good), waaaay under on cholesterol! (omg yay!!!!)

Sleep: Nailed it!

Life goal: None.

Other: I.... Don't remember much about Thursday actually. Whoops.

Week 3 - Day 5:

Workouts: 4/5

Mileage: 5! (4.37 elliptical - 60mins, .63 treadmill - 8 mins? (I think?) )

Leg lifts: 20

Macros: Over on fat, under on everything else.

Micros: Over on iron! (yaaaay!), over on cholesterol (booo), over on potassium (yaaay~), over on sodium and no one was surprised ever.

Sleep: NAILED IT. 11hrs of nailed it actually. >.>

Life goal: And more nothing here.

Other:  I really fucking hate going to the doctor for appointments. I went ahead and made one though since I think it's been about 4 years since I've seen one, and because I wanted to talk to someone about my shoulder since it's still got some obvious weakness in it since I injured it lifting heavy shit (170lb downward/dip shoulder/tricep press machine type thing) about a month ago (give or take). It doesn't hurt anymore unless I push it really hard (can't lift to muscle failure due to this) and it's something that clearly should have cleared the fuck out by now. Anyway, since there isn't consistent pain and I have full range of movement the GP couldn't tell me anything/couldn't make a concrete diagnosis and sent me for X-rays.... Which meant by the end of it I was only in the hospital for, oh, 3 hours. 

Week 3 - Day 6:

Workouts: 5/5!

Mileage: 6! (4.81 elliptical - 65mins, 1.19 treadmill - 17mins)

Leg lifts: 0 whoops.

Macros: Under across the board.

Micros: Over on basically everything except sugars and fiber.

Sleep: 5/5! Got it all~!

Life goal: And a whole load of nothing again. I really need to stop this.

Other: More breaking news on the shoulder story, only not: The dr I talked to regarding the x-rays on this day said they were clean, and said he'd put in a referral for me to go see a physical therapist after I explained to him that I was having weakness in the shoulder who could more appropriately diagnose what may be going on with me. When I voiced my major concern about it being a possible rotator cuff tear (I read a bunch of shoulder injury stuff and my signs/symptoms don't match this, but it's the closest thing I could find?) he said it didn't seem likely, or if it was one, it would likely be pretty minor. So... Basically seeing a GP and getting an X-ray effectively left me in the same position I started in "No fucking clue what's wrong" camp. The PT will call me on Monday and we'll go from there it seems.

Week 3 - Day 7:

Rest. Chores. Errands. Blah.

Weekly Round Up:
Work outs: 5/5! (16/15)
Miles: 22.38! Now that's more like it! Admittedly, I basically have super minor congestion now so that really helps.
Macros: Under across the board. Whoops.
Micros: Mixed. Some under in a good way (Cholesterol!!!!!) some under in a bad way (Fiber :( ), and sodium is over, but not as horribly over as it's been in the past couple weeks, so improvement! 
Sleep: 5/5! (15/15! (I think?))
Life goal: Failure so far, just... Failure.
Other: bllllllaaaaaaaaaah. Urgh. This coming week starts my "No less than 4 miles a work out, with at least one day being a 5 mile day and one day being a 6!" cardio, this is going to be interesting. I expect mostly to die.

You are doing great. Your first challenge is all about learning what will work for you in the long term.

Thanks! And I suppose this is true, yeah.

Also, I'm pretty deeply fucking displeased right now in general since the GP told me no upper body lifting for the next two weeks or at least until the figure out what the fuck's going on with my shoulder. :|

I like picking up big heavy shit with my arms a lot.

• Like 1

I think part of my frustration with my new found dr order of no upper body lifting restriction is because I've always classified upper body lifting as something that I was more capable with, that made me stand out from other women, and made me more useful in certain aspects. Sure I may be fat, sure I may not be attractive, but.... It was something I could pride myself on being able to do when other people couldn't (even a fair deal of men), it was always something I could rely on, and it helped me feel more capable of taking care of myself, more able to have self-reliance when I knew, and still know, that no one else was going to be around to take care of me. 

And now.... Well. Who the fuck knows.

I mean, the arm is still functional, I still have a full range of movement, and I still can lift (since I was still lifting for a couple weeks before stopping as per my own decision to wait and get things checked out since there is still a definite level of weakness in that arm that wasn't there previously) the arm just craps out sooner than it did before. 

It just makes me feel more useless, and incapable, and here's one more mark to add to the many I already have against me in life I suppose.

Urgh, whatever. I'm just. Gonna try not to cry and be pissy about it I guess since there's nothing I can really do until I see the physical therapist this coming week or next. Fuck. All. 

Week 3 - Day 7:

Sleep: #nopenopenope

Week 4 - Day 1:

Workouts: 1/5

Mileage: 4.14 (Elliptical - 56mins)

Leg lifts: 30 (when I get home tonight.)

Macros: TBD.

Micros: TBD.

Sleep: TBD - Realized if I'm going to be doing a minimum of 4 miles each morning, I actually need to go to bed even earlier than 9pm for the rest of the challenge because I will need at least an 1hr-1.5hrs to get through the mileage I need to Mon-Thurs. Was displeased by this but, what am I gonna do?

Life goal: None.

Other: I also realized my calories for the next three weeks are going to be ridiculous doing a minimum of 4-5 miles a day of cardio 6 days a week. /facepalm  - I will really need to figure out some way to fill those calories that isn't a slice of pizza too. I already have nuts in my daily diet (cashews), but I suppose I could add some walnuts too. And maybe some more avocado? But... I think I'm just going to need to have like... 4 meals and 4 snacks a day for the next three weeks. /headdesk. I mean, I like food and all, but god damn.

Another thing this morning, as I was finishing up prepping to head off into work from the gym a woman a bit older than myself  (and appeared at least somewhat fit) stopped me in the gym and asked me about my experience with elliptical machines. I was confused at first what she may be asking, but then she started saying about how did I work into it, and seemed pretty impressed by what I was able to accomplish with it (You were just going for it!). From the little we did exchange it almost seemed like she'd never used an elliptical before at all, and that she perceived them to be really difficult too. I wasn't really sure what to say to her, but I said I just sort of tried and that there were different settings that you could use to adjust your work out on the machine so that you could work up into more complex things.

All the while I just wanted to say: "I just do it, and I keep doing it even if it sucks because this shit needs doing."

I guess I'm just surprised. I don't consider my workouts terribly difficult. I mean, they challenge me at my current levels of fitness and ability (incline range today 6-16 and resistance no lower than 2), but with where I want to get to, I'll be laughing in my own face eventually for what I do now for work outs.

Idk, I get that everyone has different perceptions and abilities in the gym, and that's great. It would suck if we were all cardboard cut outs, and that cardio equipment never used before can seem big and scary (just like weights!) but... Yeah. IDK. Stuff like this (people asking me how I do it, or being - what appears - sincerely impressed by what I'm doing) is just... mind boggling to me. Though, I suppose it's safe to say that we all have our different things we fear, and it's a matter of trying to get past those and work more on where we want to be.

I guess all I really have for this is in the end, just go for it.

dont_look_back_quote.jpg

cute-tiger-cubs-hugging-445x299.jpg

Thanks. :love_heart:

I'm no doctor, but.... Something I gather from my friends who have been lifting a lot longer than me, is that doctors often recommend people stop lifting even when that is the last thing that would be good for them. Doctors simply don't understand lifting. If you feel like lifting won't hurt you then trust your judgement. Maybe stick to lighter weights for a while? Seek out an actual expert, such as a physiotherapist or even a personal trainer.

Battle Log - Record from the Front Lines

http://hblyne.com

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Hope you can heal and continue to lift.

Way to go being a trailblazer at the gym. Feels good when a total stranger recognizes your hard work! And great job being approachable. A lot of people at the gym would have just blown that lady off.

Way to go with the workouts and the miles! Also Woot! Woot! For the sleep goal.

You are really doing a great job! Finish strong!

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines