Rebels Who Play Video Games

Hey,

I've been pondering this thread for a while. I love the community of NF. The rebels are some of my favorite people. I also happen to play my fair share of video games, but don't have a huge friends list to pull from when I want to play co-op or multi-player.

So I wanted to throw this thread out into the wild and see what/who comes to the surface.

If you are interested in being part of a NF gaming community of sorts, answer these questions three:

1. What platforms do you currently play video games on?

2. What are your gamer tags on those platforms?

3. What games are you currently playing?

and...

Add yourself to the Rolodex: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N-dn1CyJHvpr2yRJrkofutnElAGIasN1YmLDND5gQ30/edit#gid=0

• Like 3

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I'll start...

1. XBOX 360, PS3, XBOXONE... and soon to be PS4 (Destiny Bundle) *excitement* .... and on the PC I play CIV V like a crazy person.

2. I believe it is currently DutchBear10 on all of them... for now.

3. Currently playing the Destiny Beta.

Hey,

I've been pondering this thread for a while. I love the community of NF. The rebels are some of my favorite people. I also happen to play my fair share of video games, but don't have a huge friends list to pull from when I want to play co-op or multi-player.

So I wanted to throw this thread out into the wild and see what/who comes to the surface.

If you are interested in being part of a NF gaming community of sorts, answer these questions three:

1. Xbox 360, ipad?

2. Z0mbiePunk83 and ditto on game centre

3. All the free ones on gold! Gotham Imposters ATM and about to try Destiny (Beta). Before that it was Saints row 3. Love me anything Zombies (dead island) and Batman....not played origins yet. Injustice was cool. Not much on iPad ATM. Any suggestions?

I am away from the 4th Aug in France for 2 weeks, but add me and I am always up for some multiplayer!

I have world of tanks downloaded....but not tried yet.

Also just started Marvel alliance on the psp again. Last game slot was 2007!

1. PC master race!

2. Warcraft: Oramac#1305; Star Citizen: Oramac;  Also play ACIV, Mass Effect, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist, but I don't have a tag for them that I know of.  

3. WoW, Star Citizen pre-alpha, ACIV, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect series

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

PC Master race! I can, however, be coaxed onto the PS3.

Zardoz on Steam. RooshunVodka on Origin. Alegretto on PSN.

Titan Quest. Civ V. Secret World. Elder Scrolls. Mass Effect. Deponia. So many games, so little time!

Questing!

Current / 1

1. What platforms do you currently play video games on? PC/Wii U/PS Vita and 3DS dont get much use now a days....

2. What are your gamer tags on those platforms? Steam: Raze525 (ill have to check others)

3. What games are you currently playing? CS:GO is sucking up most of my time with some CoH2 and World of Tanks just got AoE2HD (with the money i made from CS:GO crates w00t) and minecraft is known to destroy weeks of my life at a time when i delve into it...

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I have world of tanks downloaded....but not tried yet.

Also just started Marvel alliance on the psp again. Last game slot was 2007!

Is that Marvel Ultimate Alliance? I may have played that on my 360. That game is awesome.

Isn't there also some sort of Marvel free to play game out there?

1. What platforms do you currently play video games on? PC/Wii U/PS Vita and 3DS dont get much use now a days....

2. What are your gamer tags on those platforms? Steam: Raze525 (ill have to check others)

3. What games are you currently playing? CS:GO is sucking up most of my time with some CoH2 and World of Tanks just got AoE2HD (with the money i made from CS:GO crates w00t) and minecraft is known to destroy weeks of my life at a time when i delve into it...

CS:GO... Counter Strike?

Thanks for the feedback :)

I'm trying my best to keep the spreadsheet updated and organized so it is easy to go in and find everyone. I know currently it is kind of a dead time for video games but hopefully we can start to find the seedlings of a NF gamer community and do events and such to have some fun in various virtual landscapes.

And if anyone has any suggestions or what not feel free to share them here or PM me.

Thanks again!

Yes,counter strike.

I forgot to add one Kerbal Space program. if anyone is interested in space and building spaceships and exploring a solar system give it a shot. it has taught me A LOT about rocket science and why I am not one as well as how hard NASA really has it when landing things on other planets.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

1. PC master race!

2. Warcraft: Oramac#1305; Star Citizen: Oramac;  Also play ACIV, Mass Effect, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist, but I don't have a tag for them that I know of.  

3. WoW, Star Citizen pre-alpha, ACIV, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect series

In Star Citizen I am also Raze525 (member of the brown coats)

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

I tried once when it first came out and was too laggy (not sure if its my laptop or connection) (I have an Asus G75W). The last time i tried was about 2 months ago and the update would never go through and have been distracted since with other games.

What ships do you have?

its great to meet a fellow browncoat. I only show up on the boards once every few months to catch up and lurk then go back underground. cant wait for the game to come out! will be getting a desktop just for this game :D

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

I tried once when it first came out and was too laggy (not sure if its my laptop or connection) (I have an Asus G75W). The last time i tried was about 2 months ago and the update would never go through and have been distracted since with other games.

What ships do you have?

its great to meet a fellow browncoat. I only show up on the boards once every few months to catch up and lurk then go back underground. cant wait for the game to come out! will be getting a desktop just for this game :D

Yea they've been chasing a pretty good bug for a few weeks now.  I think they said they're really close to killing it.  That's the downside of getting into the pre-alpha stages.  We're basically QA testers at this point.  But it'll make for one damn fine game once it get the full release.  I don't really know about lag though. I haven't had a problem with that at all.  

I've got a 325a fighter and a Freelancer base model, both with LTI.  I keep tossing around the idea of getting another ship, but can't really justify spending the money.  

When you get a chance, tell em I say hi!  I tend to do all my 'net surfing at work (don't tell!), and the Browncoats site gets blocked by my work filters, so I haven't been on there for a while.  Definitely get a desktop if you can!  I built a new PC just for this game about 6 months ago.  Really looking forward to it! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Yea they've been chasing a pretty good bug for a few weeks now.  I think they said they're really close to killing it.  That's the downside of getting into the pre-alpha stages.  We're basically QA testers at this point.  But it'll make for one damn fine game once it get the full release.  I don't really know about lag though. I haven't had a problem with that at all.  

I've got a 325a fighter and a Freelancer base model, both with LTI.  I keep tossing around the idea of getting another ship, but can't really justify spending the money.  

When you get a chance, tell em I say hi!  I tend to do all my 'net surfing at work (don't tell!), and the Browncoats site gets blocked by my work filters, so I haven't been on there for a while.  Definitely get a desktop if you can!  I built a new PC just for this game about 6 months ago.  Really looking forward to it! 

But pre-alpha builds is one of the reasons i love the game and company number one they tell you straight up this is buggy as hell and it is no where near complete number two despite the previous statement they will not realse something to the masses unless they pretty much have what they said it would have IE the 3-4 month delay in the dogfighting module. I have already done the hard part the wife has allowed me to spend up to 5K on my desktop, on the condition I NEVER revert to the days where WOW sucked all life out of me for nearly 3 years (read WOW almost ruined my marriage).... whether I want to spend that much or not i still have to budget for it. I have the 325A fighter as well, but I also have the freelancer MAX (this was my first ship then upgraded) I also have the Aurora LN all 3 have LTI... yes i know i have about $300 dumped into this game....

Star Citizen.

As Starship Troopers; the movie put it...

"Would you like to know more?"

*spams Yes*

*hyper intrigued* PM me if you want; what is the basis of the game? etc. etc.

First off here is the link. The game is headed by Chris Roberts who is the father of all space simulation games. He did the wing commander series (SNES) and freelancer (PC) amung others. He had this vision for a game which he has pitched multiple times to AAA game companies and was denied by all of them so he decided to try crowd sourcing.  Within two years of the game dev starting it has garnered over $45M from crowd sourcing. So the game has been called a rebirth of space simulation as the main game in this genre is E.V.E Online. The game will feature Squadron 42 which is a single player campaign/tutorial for the main game. Squadron 42 has you enlisting in the UEE (space military) and going through an enlistment then ends with you getting out and moving onto your own thing which is the main game. The main game is a persistant MMO where you can do pretty much whatever you want to. simillar to EVE, but a completely different experience.

TL;DR

It is a space simulation game created by the "godfather" of space simulations with some similarities to EVE such as a persistant universe largely controled by the players.

check out the site and look up youtube videos. All promotional videos are rendered in game and thus what you see is the level of graphics you can get (provided you have a rig powerful enough to run it that way)

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

But pre-alpha builds is one of the reasons i love the game and company number one they tell you straight up this is buggy as hell and it is no where near complete number two despite the previous statement they will not realse something to the masses unless they pretty much have what they said it would have IE the 3-4 month delay in the dogfighting module. I have already done the hard part the wife has allowed me to spend up to 5K on my desktop, on the condition I NEVER revert to the days where WOW sucked all life out of me for nearly 3 years (read WOW almost ruined my marriage).... whether I want to spend that much or not i still have to budget for it. I have the 325A fighter as well, but I also have the freelancer MAX (this was my first ship then upgraded) I also have the Aurora LN all 3 have LTI... yes i know i have about $300 dumped into this game....

I actually know exactly what you mean.  WoW was a major factor in a breakup I had a few years ago.  At the time I'd been spending 40-60 hours a week hardcore raiding, and it took a toll.  Since then I've gone super-casual, but it was a painful lesson to learn.  I'm glad to hear you got through it without a divorce or anything.  

First off here is the link. The game is headed by Chris Roberts who is the father of all space simulation games. He did the wing commander series (SNES) and freelancer (PC) amung others. He had this vision for a game which he has pitched multiple times to AAA game companies and was denied by all of them so he decided to try crowd sourcing.  Within two years of the game dev starting it has garnered over $45M from crowd sourcing. So the game has been called a rebirth of space simulation as the main game in this genre is E.V.E Online. The game will feature Squadron 42 which is a single player campaign/tutorial for the main game. Squadron 42 has you enlisting in the UEE (space military) and going through an enlistment then ends with you getting out and moving onto your own thing which is the main game. The main game is a persistant MMO where you can do pretty much whatever you want to. simillar to EVE, but a completely different experience.

TL;DR

It is a space simulation game created by the "godfather" of space simulations with some similarities to EVE such as a persistant universe largely controled by the players.

check out the site and look up youtube videos. All promotional videos are rendered in game and thus what you see is the level of graphics you can get (provided you have a rig powerful enough to run it that way)

What he said.  Basically they're releasing the game in "modules" that the community tests and provides feedback.  Chris Roberts has been extremely open and transparent with the community too, which is awesome.  One of the coolest things about it, I think, is that once the Persistent Universe (full-game) releases, they're planning to basically have player-generated content like missions and bounties and all kinds of things, plus a real simulated economy.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

1. PC mainly, but I have 10-15 consoles going back to the Atari 2600
  2. Steam: icedtrip ; other gamertags most likely icedtrip
  3. Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Mass Effect Trilogy, Final Fantasy XIV, Eve Online

I've been waiting for Star Citizen. I'm at work now and can't get to the site. Is it in an open alpha or is it by invite?

BTW, here is an older pic of my collection :)

9131659402_95f13548ab_z.jpg

• Like 2

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

• PC mainly, but I have 10-15 consoles going back to the Atari 2600
  • Steam: icedtrip ; other gamertags most likely icedtrip
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Mass Effect Trilogy, Final Fantasy XIV, Eve Online
I've been waiting for Star Citizen. I'm at work now and can't get to the site. Is it in an open alpha or is it by invite?

BTW, here is an older pic of my collection :)

9131659402_95f13548ab_z.jpg

What!? No Sega CD!? I always felt that Sega Directors had a deep seated desire to make a transformer.

-Purple_Panda

What!? No Sega CD!? I always felt that Sega Directors had a deep seated desire to make a transformer.

Ha! Don't get me started. I'll only take a tray loading model 1 Sega CD and passed on one many years ago that I regret to this day. I picked up the 32x cheap at a pawn store. I also am still regretting getting rid of my Sega CDX back when I went to college before I started collecting.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

You have to buy a pledge package which start at $40 and will give you access to the Beta. It appears that the Alpha is now closed. 

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler