Rebels Who Play Video Games

WoW patch 6.0.2 releases Tuesday!  Yay!  

i thought about the new expansion, but i sank too much of my life away back in vanilla and Rath... then again in Cata... i cant do it anymore (read the wife wont let me and i dont have the time to sink into a pay to play anymore)

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

i thought about the new expansion, but i sank too much of my life away back in vanilla and Rath... then again in Cata... i cant do it anymore (read the wife wont let me and i dont have the time to sink into a pay to play anymore)

I totally understand.  I actually quit about halfway through Cata.  Just restarted a few months ago.  My main requirement when I started playing again was to never let it get in the way of Real-Life.  So far, so good. 

• Like 4

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I realized a few weeks ago I have become the guy I used to hate having in my raid when i raided vanilla: The dude with 5 alts who are all decked out with freebie epics and periodically zones out and stands in the fire.

I don't know if it is because I have been mostly console gaming the past several years, or because I am getting old(er), but the WoW raids have approached the point of ludicrous. Some of the fights have a dozen mechanics involved.. it's a far cry from the days of old when Vael was considered a complex fight.

I have achieved tranquility with my status as Casual wow player.

• Like 2

I realized a few weeks ago I have become the guy I used to hate having in my raid when i raided vanilla: The dude with 5 alts who are all decked out with freebie epics and periodically zones out and stands in the fire.

I don't know if it is because I have been mostly console gaming the past several years, or because I am getting old(er), but the WoW raids have approached the point of ludicrous. Some of the fights have a dozen mechanics involved.. it's a far cry from the days of old when Vael was considered a complex fight.

I'm actually in exactly the same position, except I think I know part of the reason for it.  I used to tank/dps hardcore on my Pally in BT/Sunwell, and the most complex fight my guild got to was Illidari Council.  Lots of shit going on, lots of fire to stand in.  But even with all that, it wasn't even half as complex as the MoP raids.  

The major reason for MoP raids being so damn complex (IMO) is a direct result of the massive amount of player abilities stacking and the huge player health pools.  The fights had to have a million things happening simply because players had so many ways to counter all of it.  I'm hopeful that with the Ability Pruning coming in WoD they'll scale all of that back and revert to the less complex fights like they had in TBC or even Vanilla.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'm actually in exactly the same position, except I think I know part of the reason for it. I used to tank/dps hardcore on my Pally in BT/Sunwell, and the most complex fight my guild got to was Illidari Council. Lots of shit going on, lots of fire to stand in. But even with all that, it wasn't even half as complex as the MoP raids.

The major reason for MoP raids being so damn complex (IMO) is a direct result of the massive amount of player abilities stacking and the huge player health pools. The fights had to have a million things happening simply because players had so many ways to counter all of it. I'm hopeful that with the Ability Pruning coming in WoD they'll scale all of that back and revert to the less complex fights like they had in TBC or even Vanilla.

I am interested to see how the stat squish and ability pruning changed the game.

Okay ... I've never spent much time in WoW since I can't really get into the visual style. But crazy complex instances is why I kept playing LotRO for as long as I did and why I stopped when I did. I guess I'm just weird for having fun banging my head against something for hours a night just to get a server first.

Maybe someday I'll get another windows laptop for gaming or something...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Okay ... I've never spent much time in WoW since I can't really get into the visual style. But crazy complex instances is why I kept playing LotRO for as long as I did and why I stopped when I did. I guess I'm just weird for having fun banging my head against something for hours a night just to get a server first.

Maybe someday I'll get another windows laptop for gaming or something...

Trouble is, they don't have to be crazy complex to bang your head against a wall.  Check out the original 40-man Four Horsemen fight in WoW's Naxxramas.  It still holds the record for taking to most time to beat without any nerfs/buff/hotfixes of any kind.  I know one of the guys who was going for a world first on that fight.  He's told me a couple times it was brutal, but also a lot of fun.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Whoops! Double post. 

2601384-dancing+gif.gif

They should really add the shmoney dance to this game.

Destiny is pretty amazing to me. I have it for PS3 and the gamer tag is Fluidmorph654. I don't usually do multiplayer cause I'm a bit of a lone wolf but I would be willing to try. The other games I usually play are the Assassin's Creed games (2 through Freedom Cry. Plan to get Liberation and Rouge soon) 

• Like 2

They should really add the shmoney dance to this game.

Destiny is pretty amazing to me. I have it for PS3 and the gamer tag is Fluidmorph654. I don't usually do multiplayer cause I'm a bit of a lone wolf but I would be willing to try. The other games I usually play are the Assassin's Creed games (2 through Freedom Cry. Plan to get Liberation and Rouge soon) 

They should add the shmoney dance to all facets of everything... ABOUT A WEEK AGOOOOOO

• Like 1

I am interested to see how the stat squish and ability pruning changed the game.

After about a week, so far I think it's pretty awesome.  Granted I haven't played anything other than my paladin yet, so my sample size is pretty low.  But I'm loving Retribution right now.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

After about a week, so far I think it's pretty awesome. Granted I haven't played anything other than my paladin yet, so my sample size is pretty low. But I'm loving Retribution right now.

Healing has been a bit problematic. I took my Shaman through UBRS a few times and it was hairy. No problems in raids or other heroics but UBRS is pretty rough. DPS.is going to learn quickly you can't stand in the fire any more.

My DK seems broken, as in his DPS seems stupidly high compared to other classes and in PvP.

DPS.is going to learn quickly you can't stand in the fire any more.

Wait, so dps is going to have to actually pay attention again?  Say it isn't so!!  (this is pure sarcasm)

Haven't played my DK yet, but they seem to be all over the place.  Some people say they're OP, some say they're weak.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hey,

I've been pondering this thread for a while. I love the community of NF. The rebels are some of my favorite people. I also happen to play my fair share of video games, but don't have a huge friends list to pull from when I want to play co-op or multi-player.

So I wanted to throw this thread out into the wild and see what/who comes to the surface.

If you are interested in being part of a NF gaming community of sorts, answer these questions three:

1. What platforms do you currently play video games on?

2. What are your gamer tags on those platforms?

3. What games are you currently playing?

and...

Add yourself to the Rolodex: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N-dn1CyJHvpr2yRJrkofutnElAGIasN1YmLDND5gQ30/edit#gid=0

Xbox 360, ds, gamecube, and mac (I know I'm bad)

I'm still noob when it comes to xbox. I'm more better with online gaming (though I haven't done it in while...might go back).

Right now I'm playing Assassins Creed 3 and Arkham City. Also, using emulator (the gift from the video game gods) on my downtime between classes. Just finally beat the orginal Pokemon I use to have much trouble as a kid getting pass that one damn maze.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Hey,

I've been pondering this thread for a while. I love the community of NF. The rebels are some of my favorite people. I also happen to play my fair share of video games, but don't have a huge friends list to pull from when I want to play co-op or multi-player.

So I wanted to throw this thread out into the wild and see what/who comes to the surface.

If you are interested in being part of a NF gaming community of sorts, answer these questions three:

and...

Add yourself to the Rolodex: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N-dn1CyJHvpr2yRJrkofutnElAGIasN1YmLDND5gQ30/edit#gid=0

I am currently playing Counter strike , on Steam, anyone else ? I like old school Nintendo too but it is nothing compared to the tech they have today. It is one of my guilty Friday niight pleasures to drink 3 or 4 beers turn on the game and vape my electronic cig, it keeps my fitness and diet routine in check and gives me the release Inedd to re focus I vape an estick if anyone is trying to quit smoking check it out, let me know and good luck nerds

1. I used to play on my XBOX360, PS2, PC, Nintendo DS, Gameboy advance etc

Now, may score a PS4 (GUYS FOR A NERDIAN :P)

Now, I just play around with my iPhone :P GAME CENTRE! SUMMON-ETH!

2. On the XBOX, I used to have my own name as my gamer-tag but I'll later change it to my NF name.. (If I get a PS4, that is)

Hazza Cookie on game centre.

3. LOL! I wish but I very much looking forward to the new Lara Croft, far cry and fall out, Assassins Creed black flag, GTAV, Evil within or DMC or dragon age inquisition. (I know all these games are impossible to get but hey, one can dream S: )

Currently on game centre, I am playing smash champs and world of warriors.

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

This one kicks ass.

I was quite upset with UBISOFT's decision to not include girls in the assassins roster. Like. Hello. Liberation. Was. A. Good. Example.

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

I was quite upset with UBISOFT's decision to not include girls in the assassins roster. Like. Hello. Liberation. Was. A. Good. Example.

They did.  In Black Flag, at least.  I won't spoil it unless you want to click the button, but there's a pretty prominent female assassin in Black Flag, and also Anne Bonny, who was a real pirate.  Can't remember how to do spoiler tags, so check here for her.  The 4th one down. 

Unless you mean playable females?  In which case I'd agree with you, except that a female main character wouldn't really have worked with the story in Black Flag.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Yous guys, I am forlorn.

I bought a PS4 last night and, straight out of the box, the controller refuses to work. I've done every single thing I can think of (using reset button on back, which I shouldn't have to do since it's straight from the box; changing ports, changing cables, holding reset and the PS button simultaneously, starting in safe mode), and it just keeps giving me that same, dumb flashing white light.

The epitome of first-world problems, I know. I also know this isn't a PS4 help forum... I just want to vent to people who will know my pain right now.

• Like 2

Urgh!!!  Yes, I had trouble with my PS4 when I first got it too and was very frustrated.  There are not too many days in the year when I just plan to PLAY without limits, and to deal with tech problems the whole day ... well, that's too much like work!!!

These days, mostly the computer.  I have other platforms, but I haven't gotten them set up after the move. 

Chris-Tien Jinn usually ... or bzjohnson

Hubby and I are going to get into the new WoW expansion - it's something we can do together when living apart!

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)