Anim07734's Anti-Challenge

Anim07734

I keep running into the problem of my goals falling apart halfway through the challenge.  Last challenge, I just didn't bother grading because I didn't care enough to remember what I claimed I was going to accomplish.  So this time around I'm going completely free form.

Challenge Themesong: 

General goals for this challenge are:

Get in shape for Dragoncon - I'm down to a 30.5in waist at ~13.5%BF, and my goal is <10%BF.  Rough estimates are telling me that's a 29in waist, but I'd be happy with <30in by the end of Aug.

Finish costumes - I'm still working on Nightcrawler and a Diddy Kong/Jedi crossover.  If I keep working, I should have just enough time to finish, but can't slack.  The tail (I'll be using the same one for both with different color sleeves) is the hardest part, but will be epic if it works.

Buy a house and move in - I'm working paperwork, and looks like everything will line up to close mid-to-late Aug.  Then I have to pack, move, and clean my apartment so I can get my deposit back.

Don't miss a day of PLP - I started 2 weeks ago and haven't missed a day yet, just have to keep momentum going and make sure I keep it in my schedule.

Starting Stats (as of 28July):

Height: 66in

Weight: 145lb

Waist: 30.5in

BF: 13.5%

Costume pictures to come.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

First week is going well, though I've had trouble doing a strength workout in addition to PLP.  Only 1 strength day, but 2 run days and 2 soccer practices this week, without missing a day of PLP, so I'll consider it a win.  Went out to eat more than I'd have liked, but most of it was fairly healthy.  Making progress on costumes, but less than I'd have liked.  Hoping to finish Diddy's jedi tunic after DnD today, then we'll see how much time I have to work on other pieces.

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Still going strong, just finished 33 reps for PLP (I forget what day that is) after my trail run and soccer game this afternoon.  Just have to add the stars to be done with Diddy's tunic, but switched gears a bit to work on the feet; should have pictures later this week.

No progress this week on cutting fat, but I didn't watch my diet nearly as well as I should have.  Also thinking about dropping soccer so I can get my normal workout back on track.  Or just taking a week off to decompress.  We'll see what happens.

Still going strong, just finished 33 reps for PLP (I forget what day that is) after my trail run and soccer game this afternoon.  Just have to add the stars to be done with Diddy's tunic, but switched gears a bit to work on the feet; should have pictures later this week.

Do we get picture yet on the costume progress?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

PLP 45 down, so 24 days left, if my math is right.  Ended up quitting soccer for the time being, which seems to have put my diet back on track, as I'm down 2lb of fat for the week with a 30.25in waist.

I keep meaning to take progress pics, but decide that I should actually work on the costumes instead...  I've got the hat, tunic, and feet done for jedi Diddy, leaving the morphsuit mods and tail.  Nightcrawler is at the same place.  Tail is ~75% complete; glue should be dry tomorrow for me to continue working on it.  But if this rig doesn't work, I'm out of time to try something else....

Unfortunately the tail is being stubbornly uncooperative.  I'm currently working on plan C, or maybe D, I forget.  If I can't get it working tonight, I'm stuck reassembling the tail from last year (stiff wire support) to work with either costume.

I threw something together last night involving popsicle sticks and lots of electrical tape that may actually fix the tail design.  We'll see how it goes this weekend.  Looks like I'll be making the tail sleeves in the hotel tonight.

Goals for this weekend:

-don't miss a PLP day

-meet Patrick Stewart

-costumes!!!

• Like 1

Did PLP in the hotel "fitness center" thursday night.  The room consisted of machines and treadmills with the one machine that almost had a pullup bar being positioned at the lowest part of the ceiling.  So I ran my head into it a couple times at 1AM and let them deal with the noise, but couldn't bring myself to deal with it the rest of the weekend.  And Atlanta has moved all overhead posts and branches to ~12ft off the ground, so that wasn't an option either.  So I made it 46 days, and have since decided that this was a good time to quit, as I want to start bulking so I'll be switching to harder exercises at lower reps.

Got see Patrick Stewart talk, but wasn't willing to fork out the $75 for an autograph session. 

Tail didn't really work at all, but no one else could tell it was supposed to.  There are pictures floating around of costumes, but I haven't taken the time to find the ones I like.  I'll hopefully have time next week while traveling for work.

This week consists of moving into my new house and recovering from the Con Crud.  Traveling to DC next week, so hopefully that hotel will have a better gym area.  After that, I should be better set to get into a bulking regimen.

Diet and exercise are still up in the air at the moment as I try to get the new house livable.  Still can't use the kitchen for much, as the sink flooded the first time I used the dishwasher.  Since I knew the disposal was bad, I decided to just replace it (sooner than I had expected), which took a couple days to order.  Then I start pulling everything apart to find out that one of the drain pipes is leaking, so now I need to get replacements for all of that so it doesn't become a bigger issue later.  Should be able to get it all sorted out tonight, but it's delayed my plans by a week or so.

Also, my internet at home was turned on Monday, but refuses to work for some unknown reason (possibly the age of the equipment).  Cable guy is coming out tomorrow to diagnose, but unless it's an easy fix I doubt it will be done any time soon...

That'll probably decide when I actually post for the new challenge and such.  And I won't be able to sort costume pictures until I have internet at home.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines