Dragon Takes Flight - Beaucastle

Beaucastle

Main Quest  (creative story line to be added … soon?) 

Quest 1    Learn it:   First and foremost- My Master’s Class and Certification Training. For the next 7 weeks I am in student mode.  First priority is maintaining my GPA. 

Quest 2    Work it:  I’m tired of trying to track maintaining the house /garden/yard.  These are not things I keep track of, and trying to keep track of them is making me nuts.  So I’m not going to.  What I am going to keep track of are what I schedule i.e.: training at the dojo, 5K training runs, walking the dogs.  5 days out of every week I will be doing something that involves me being a sweaty mess.  It’s up to me to decide what days I want to do what on, as long as I do 5 a week, it doesn’t matter what activity I do.

Quest 3    Track it:  Keep track of what I have and have yet to do each week.  Keep up with the mini quests.  Keep track of when things are due.  Keep track of my accountability buddies and the forums. 

Quest 4    Lose it: Drop 5 pounds   Target 188 lbs. 

Have a side of happy… I’m going to go through my clothing and remove anything that is unfashionably large.  For every 4 shirts I can’t wear anymore I can have 1 clearance sale new shirt.  For every 2 pairs of pants I can’t wear anymore I can have 1 clearance sale new pants (only if they are work type) No single item may cost more than $15.00.  I need to be properly dressed at the office but I’m not spending much time at this weight class so no need to spend a bunch of money here.      This was added because a favorite outfit no longer fits properly and my décolletage is not as discreet as it should be, especially with my ID badges pinned on.

• Like 7

I'm going to have to take on that strategy too ... I need new clothes - ADULT working clothes - but I hate to buy things when I know I'm going to be out of them fairly soon. 

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Spent 3 hours at the dojo last night.  Oh how I love this dojo.  I can barely lift my arms though.  I am sore everywhere.  I LOVE my new knee brace.  its got the patella floating ring of "you can move but only so far" along with "twist if you want to I'll hold everything where it belongs" technology.  Hanshi worked my arms hard.  27 minutes of punching (neither of us heard the buzzer)  LOL.  new

hand guards are nice too.

I learned 8 different ways to break someone's arm.  Useful skill. 

Tonight I have a committee meeting so I'll miss class which is a bummer, but I'll do something after it to sweat.  (not sure what)

• Like 6

Looks like a great challenge. Subbing. :)

Sent using Tapatalk Owl Post.

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Alright! Punching, sweating, learning to break arms - whole lotta fun going on!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Found you! I like that your first goal is the Master's! And I like that a goal is dedicated to tracking too. 

Shiny new clothes sounds like a brilliant reward! And a good way to streamline the wardrobe to match the new streamlined you!

I like the flexibility in your second goal. 

:D

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Last night was comparatively easy.  We learned spin kicks and three level kicks.  After that the rest of the class sparred, but I don't spar.  I can't afford an injury right now.  I withdraw and watch.  After that we did the tai chi form a half dozen times and worked on correcting my posture.  I am improving.  I am starting to end up on the proper foot moving in the correct direction.  My body aches a little today, but all this working of muscles left idle for so long will do that.  Sore is good   Pain is not.  I'm sore.

I'm stuck at 194.   I go down to 192 then back up to 194.  I'm so very frustrated.

• Like 1

Just learned..... I didn't get the promotion.  They are bringing in someone from the outside.   I have no room to really be upset because, bottom line he is MUCH more qualified than I am.  While professionally I can be graceful in having them chose a better qualified candidate, I have a small bit of sad that I didn't get the job. 

Last night was comparatively easy.  We learned spin kicks and three level kicks.  After that the rest of the class sparred, but I don't spar.  I can't afford an injury right now.  I withdraw and watch.  After that we did the tai chi form a half dozen times and worked on correcting my posture.  I am improving.  I am starting to end up on the proper foot moving in the correct direction.  My body aches a little today, but all this working of muscles left idle for so long will do that.  Sore is good   Pain is not.  I'm sore.

I'm stuck at 194.   I go down to 192 then back up to 194.  I'm so very frustrated.

Sounds like you are really kicking butt this challenge! Ha!

Hang in there. My weight did that a bunch last challenge, but finally started dropping again. Your's will, too, with all the activity you are getting!

Just learned..... I didn't get the promotion.  They are bringing in someone from the outside.   I have no room to really be upset because, bottom line he is MUCH more qualified than I am.  While professionally I can be graceful in having them chose a better qualified candidate, I have a small bit of sad that I didn't get the job. 

:(  Sorry, Beau.  I know you are a wise dragon, though, and know that when one one door closes, another one opens. You are doing so much to advance yourself and your skills and knowledge. That will pay off.

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Give it some time, it will start moving again :)

• Like 1

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

Bugger :(

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

Started the week off with a personal best.

3.58 miles    pace 14:59   total time  53:37 

That is  just shy of 5 minutes faster than I have ever run before.

I love my new knee brace and the foot brace I got for running.  This is  AWESOME  hold the sauce.

• Like 6

I love my new knee brace and the foot brace I got for running.  This is  AWESOME  hold the sauce.

Woohoo!

Beaucastle - Another Ranger Rockin' the PRs!!!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Fantastic!!!!! Well done!!!

• Like 1

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Congrats!!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

It's ok. Just out of curiosity, I've gotten on the scale a few times in a day. It can vary by as much as 5 lbs.... Depending on the food, water eaten. Whether you have had a BM, if you are dehydrated, etc.  You are still good as long as it generally goes in the right direction.

I had a stall too, it meant that I change my meals to have fewer carbs, more veggies, it seems to help a lot.

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

thanks I weigh myself in the same condition at the same (roughly) time every morning.  I go up and down 192-194.  I'm losing mass, so I'm ok mostly with the numbers.  I just am frustrated   I want to be farther along in the fight against jiggles.

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines