A long time ago, In a six week challenge far, far away…

Hello all! I am, In fact, alive!

Last time you heard from me, It was back in August of 2013, almost a year ago, when I was at a breaking point. I had an unrealistic amount of commitments, and the quality of the work in everything I did was suffering as a result. I had to leave my sixth challenge part way through as a result. It killed me to quit, there are few things that I hate more than quitting. But after considering my options, It’s what needed to be done.

One EXTREMELY busy school year later, I am back. And I am sad to say not much has changed. I got by, but didn’t make much progress. And almost exactly a year later, I am really disappointed to say that not much has changed.

I have been really disappointed in myself lately. I just feel like I have lost my direction in life. A good chunk of my life was dedicated with the main goal of working towards Japan. And once that happened, I never found a new path. The exact details of what I am working on right now is different, but overall, I am just as unhappy as last year. And I refuse to accept that. I want to be the person I was when I was working towards Japan. The guy that worked really hard in everything he did, and loved life.

AND SO I HAVE RETURNED.

Nerd Fitness was a big part of my life leading up to Japan, and I have realized that this is a positive in my life, and I need it. So thank you to everyone who has supported me in the past, and those that may choose to join me in the future. *Hugs NF family*

Without further ado, I give you my 7th Nerd Fitness 6 week challenge:

Main Quest:
Finding Makoto

If you can’t tell by my profile picture, one of my biggest hobbies is Cosplay. Currently, I am working on my next costume which I plan to debut at Youmacon 2014 in Detroit, MI. This costume, though, is unlike any other costume I have done, because it involves not only making a costume for my body, but changing my body. The character who I will be cosplaying is Makoto Tachibana, from the Anime Free!! Iwatobi Swim Club. My main quest right now is obtaining this body. The other part of cosplay, besides the costume, is the acting side. To successfully wear the costume, I need to wear it not only body but with my attitude. Makoto is my favorite character because of his personality and ethics, and If I can become more like him, It will make me a happier and healthier person. I plan to work towards this costume by focusing on exercise, diet, and time management (To ensure I can find the time to sew the actual costume).

Goals:

Fitness/diet goals-

1) Running/Exercise goal

2) Diet Goal

3) Weight/BF% goal

Life Goal-

4) Daily Work Period

How I will reach these goals:

1)Running/Exercise goals

This 6 week challenge comes at the end of one of my fitness goals I have been doing while on sabbatical from NF. I have been doing Insanity since May, and will have my final day on Monday, August 4 (My final “workout†is Saturday, but on Monday I do the Fit Test for the last time to assess my fitness progress). So the the first part of the fitness goal is to complete all of the remaining days of Insanity. Then, I will move onto Phase 2. Phase 2 is the scout part. I plan to Run at for least 5 hours a week, distributed among the days of the week (I should be running at least 5 days a week, I may edit this goal to make it more of a challenge should this be too easy). Because I am working towards a Makoto Cosplay body, I figured I would add in a bonus: swimming! After all, the best way to get a swimmer’s body must be to swim, right? So seeing as I live on a lake, I will be swimming 3 days a week for at least 20 minutes a day as well.
tumblr_ms9t9jw7Zs1rkqehto1_500.gif

2)Diet Goal

For my diet, I will continue with what I have been doing during Insanity. I have my calorie budget set, which I will stay within everyday. I will also be monitoring the quality of the food, trying to eat at least 80% paleo foods everyday. For me, no 6 week challenge would be complete without an unavoidable trip. I run on my school’s cross country team, and we will be traveling to Upstate New York for a week of Cross Country Camp. We will be running everyday, twice a day, which will be perfect for goal number one, but could give some trouble to my diet. The meals are prepared for the entire team at once, and the menu is set without our input. The food is always delicious, but not the healthiest. I will do my best to stay within these goals despite the adversity.

tumblr_mphmsjuBrc1qhzc49o1_500.gif

3) Lose 12 lbs. and body fat

The Idea is to continue with my current plan of losing 2 lbs. per week, through means of the first 2 goals. I would also like to come up with a certain amount of BF% to lose, but I will figure out the exact details of that this weekend when I measure my current BF%.

tumblr_inline_n889o608Qe1r9u0at.gif

4) Daily Work Period

As I mentioned early, I have just felt worn out lately and I am sick of It. I want to be a productive human being who accomplishes his goals. So, every day, I will be creating a schedule down to the minute. In this, there is to be at least 1 hour dedicated to working on one of the projects that I would like to have completed by the end of this challenge. I have a list of things, but some of these include summer homework, working on other projects I have committed to, and planning a few events I have told people I would take care of. The idea is to spread this out evenly so it isn’t overwhelming, but I still accomplish my goals. NO PROCRASTINATION!!!
tumblr_mw11o6yh9o1s60qoro2_500.gif

I will be assigning points when I get a little more time. This is a very busy week for me coming up, so I will probably get to this after Friday.

If you have any other suggestions, I will gladly listen! I am not sure that these are all the goals I want, but I feel it is what I can handle with the situation, but still feel challenged. Thanks for looking and the Support!

Let’s find Makoto!!!
tumblr_mpdr3bdNzt1suyw8ko3_500.gif

P.S. - Thank you to my new friend, Croberts654 (His challenge can be found here), who convinced me to join this challenge, and is participating along side me.
ivPL6VmqpWBsB.gif

We met online a few days ago, and discovered we had similar stats and goals, so we teamed up! If you would all be so kind as to stop by his challenge thread (It’s his first!) and say hello and give some encouragement, it would mean a lot. Thank you!
tumblr_mrm3rgcKbe1qgd4dio1_r1_500.gif

P.S.S.- Sorry For Joining Late, I wasn't sure If I was ready come back yet or not. Best of luck to everyone!

Sora

Hylian Scout Lv.6, Hero of Rivertown
STR: 6 l DEX: 8 l STA: 9 l CON: 9 l WIS: 10 l CHA: 8

"You are what you repeatedly do" -Aristotle 

Most Recent:Challenge #7 "VII - Sora Returns"

BF% loss progress  
Start: 25% BF                                                                                                                                    17.5% BF                                                                                                                                        10% BF

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress
Start: 178.4 lbs.                                                                                                                                 166.7 lbs.                                                                                                                                         155 lbs. 

43%
43%

Glad to have you back!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Started off Well this morning! I had paleo Banana pancakes (recipe here) that were great. I left out the baking powder (They ended up a little less fluffy but tasted good still, just more crepe like). I added fresh blueberries and topped with honey. Delicious :3

Sora

BF% loss progress  
Start: 25% BF                                                                                                                                    17.5% BF                                                                                                                                        10% BF

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress
Start: 178.4 lbs.                                                                                                                                 166.7 lbs.                                                                                                                                         155 lbs. 

43%
43%

Glad to have you back!

Thanks! Good to be back!

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

Sora !  I haven't seen you in an age.  Welcome back.

Thank you! :)

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

Good news first. Last 2 Days, A+. Perfect. 

tumblr_inline_mok1h3OhlZ1qz4rgp.gif

Bad News. 
Today Kinda sucked. I woke up early and prepared a smoothie for the go and a packed lunch of salad (romaine, strawberries, blueberries, chicken, balsamic vinaigrette). While there, I ate my lunch just fine. Considering I was working the refreshment table covered in cookies and cheez-its, I did quite well (only had one mini fudge covered cookie thing that was maybe the size of a quarter). But then our organizer brought pizza. I ended up having to stay later then I expected, and had a slice of pepperoni and a slice of cheesy bread. When I actually got home, I did Insanity. Or more accurately, tried to. I was fighting a headache through the whole warm up, and overall just felt like I did on day one. Which Is really depressing, when It is your second to last workout. I ended up sitting most of it out and actually did about a third of it. Then I had to quickly prepare a dinner to take with me to work (Grilled Chicken Thigh+romaine and balsamic) which would stay under my calorie budget. When I got to work, I had to fight off Blueberry muffins and more pizza. And The whole time at work, I was directly Hungry Howies Delivery Men to the campsite they were trying to deliver to (which is part of my job, but rarely do I ever have one. Today there were five in my unusually short 4 hour shift). 

So ya. Not great. Really depressed that I lost my streak from the last two days. Knocked over but not out. 

In summary, I leave you with this:
evil-pizza-monster-1.gif?w=950

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

Yes, pizza is evil.

I would not worry too much about the Insanity workout.  Everybody has bad days, and if you already had a headache, that would account for a lot.  Feel proud you even made the attempt in the middle of such a busy day.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

I plan on watching this when I feel like I want to give up. Share if you would like to :D

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

My Insanity Results:

Results

(For some reason this plays in reverse, but you get the idea. The pictures were taken in August, July, and May). 

Not very significant, but considering I didn't really diet at all until the last few weeks, I'm Happy. I do my last fit test tomorrow, and then am 100% complete! I lost 10lbs which puts me well on my way to my overall goal (almost half of which was during the first week of this challenge).

Even though my physical appearance didn't change much, I know my fitness levels have (will post final results for fitness tomorrow). I'm proud overall, but still have a long way to go!

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

Daily Picture

This is a series of daily pictures taken after each day's workout.

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

Welcome back!! It looks like you've been working hard all summer and have gotten off to a great start this challenge (even if there was a little evil pizza) - keep up your hard work!!

Thanks! It's gone well so far. Due to circumstances out of my hands, I ended up eating out twice yesterday. Once at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Nothing terrible), but for dinner went a bit overboard. It became apparent to me that no matter what I did I wasn't going to be under my calories for the day, so I just decided to take it a celebratory day for finishing insanity and get some cravings out of the way. I didn't feel too good after desert, and it did make me realize that I feel SO much better when I eat healthier. So despite it being a seemingly negative day, I was able to turn it into something of a positive!

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

The effect insanity is having on your towel is quite scary. Anyway, keep it up (well, apart from the eating-out-twice-a-day thing. Don't keep that up).

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I had a look at @croberts654 but I see he's keeping a low profile. If you bump into him tell him it's fine to post late. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a 6 week challenge, as a wise dude once said.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

The effect insanity is having on your towel is quite scary. Anyway, keep it up (well, apart from the eating-out-twice-a-day thing. Don't keep that up).

XD haha

Yes, I rarely eat out at all, let alone twice in one day ><

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

I had a look at @croberts654 but I see he's keeping a low profile. If you bump into him tell him it's fine to post late. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a 6 week challenge, as a wise dude once said.

I've been trying to get him to come on board, but he hasn't been the most communicative lately. I will keep telling him though!

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

How was your weekend, Soda? Did you vanquish the evil Wizard of Restaurants?

Restaurants, yes!

Evil food though....No quite  :worked_till_5am: 

It seems around every turn there is sugar coated gremlins waiting for me. I ended up gaining about .5 lbs this week, rather than losing. No big deal, I can make up for it, but I was in a place I hate last week. For some reason, I just didn't have the will to say no. 

Today, Diet wasn't great either (simply due to running out of healthy foods for lunch) but I got more food for the rest of the week that is much better!

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

1)Running/Exercise goals

This 6 week challenge comes at the end of one of my fitness goals I have been doing while on sabbatical from NF. I have been doing Insanity since May, and will have my final day on Monday, August 4 (My final “workout†is Saturday, but on Monday I do the Fit Test for the last time to assess my fitness progress). So the the first part of the fitness goal is to complete all of the remaining days of Insanity. Then, I will move onto Phase 2. Phase 2 is the scout part. I plan to Run at for least 5 hours a week, distributed among the days of the week (I should be running at least 5 days a week, I may edit this goal to make it more of a challenge should this be too easy). Because I am working towards a Makoto Cosplay body, I figured I would add in a bonus: swimming! After all, the best way to get a swimmer’s body must be to swim, right? So seeing as I live on a lake, I will be swimming 3 days a week for at least 20 minutes a day as well

2)Diet Goal

For my diet, I will continue with what I have been doing during Insanity. I have my calorie budget set, which I will stay within everyday. I will also be monitoring the quality of the food, trying to eat at least 80% paleo foods everyday. For me, no 6 week challenge would be complete without an unavoidable trip. I run on my school’s cross country team, and we will be traveling to Upstate New York for a week of Cross Country Camp. We will be running everyday, twice a day, which will be perfect for goal number one, but could give some trouble to my diet. The meals are prepared for the entire team at once, and the menu is set without our input. The food is always delicious, but not the healthiest. I will do my best to stay within these goals despite the adversity.

So, things have changed a bit from my original plan, so I will be altering my goal slightly to make them both attainable and helpful to my goals:

1) Phase 1 was great. I finished really strongly with Insanity. Phase 2, not so much. 5 hours a week Just isn't a good way to measure how I have been running. So my goal will be changed to this for running: "Run 5 days a week, for at least 2.5 miles (the shortest run I have mapped out)". This is purely out of the fact that I don't want to base all of my runs on time. Working out consistently is more important to me. I still plan to push myself as a runner though. 

The swimming portion is also difficult for me. I do intend to keep it though, as this is a challenge. 80% of my grading though will be based on running, though.

2) I have been unfaithful recently with tracking my food. I'm trying to get back on the boat with that. I just mainly need to focus on the quality of my food here, as much as possible. But days where I actually log, I'm much better. So that's my focus from here on out. 

Let me know what you think. Thanks for the support everyone (Sorry I haven't been super active on my thread but especially on everyone else's. August is literally booked solid for me. I'm going to try and be better about having 30mins a day put aside to check on here and speak with others.)

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

Oh, and my Friend Croberts654 finally got his challenge up (Better late than never, haha). He has been traveling and was limited as a result but is here and ready to rebel! It would mean a lot to me if you could check his thread out Here, and give him some advice and welcome him to the rebellion. Thank you! 

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

I think the change to consistent running for distance rather than random running for time is a good one.  Also, I think tracking your food will be good for you.  I know keeping a food journal is directly correlated to weight loss, probably for the very reason you mentioned:  you eat better when you know you have to write it down and look at it.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines