Fantasy Swear Words List!

Post your favorite fantasy swear words and their sources!  For example:

"Dark and empty!" -Jak the Halfing, the Erevis Cale Trilogy, by Paul S. Kemp.

"Fak!" - Nix the Lucky, the Hammer and the Blade, by Paul S. Kemp.  (I heart Paul S. Kemp.)

"Clangadin's Fartin' Arse!" -Athrogate the Dwarf, The Crystal Tower, by R.A. Salvatore.

Go!

• Like 1

"Frak" or "Fracking", Battlestar Galactica

"Gods" - Generic pantheistic version of the monotheistic expletive.

"Light" - often used in place of "God" throughout Jordan Robert's Wheel of Time series.

Comprehensive list I googled and am now reading obsessively. ;-)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

All of these are Klingon.  The Klingon word and in parenthesis is the closest Terran word for it. 

baQa'

ghay'cha'

ghuy (damn)

ghuy'cha' (much worse than damn)

Hu'tegh

petaQ [classic insult]

Qovpatlh

Qu'vatlh [used in extreme anger]

taHqeq [another classic]

toDSaH [used to describe someone not on the best of terms with]

verengan Ha'DI bah (Ferengi dog)

yIntagh

*all these come from the Klingon Language Institute site (KLI.org)

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

"Blood and bloody ashes." Matrim Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Pocking." More specifically, Julio Poertena's "pick pocking wrench" (bf wrench )from the Empire of man series by Weber and Ringo.

"Malediction." I know it's not a swear word, but I love malediction cigarettes from Richard Kadrey's Sandman Slim series. Maledictions are cigarettes from hell that taste like a tire fire in a candy factory next door to a strip club.

• Like 2

“I cannot lift this.†Ahmed ibn Fahdlan having been give a sword.

“Grow stronger!†Herger the Joyous

Specialization is for insects.

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49470-serpenthelms-beginning/#entry1064460

"Sithspawn!" Somehow it's far more satisfying than "sithspit." And I argue that Star Wars is a sci-fantasy so it should count!

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

That's a good point. I'd always assumed that it was sith-spit. Like, as in ptooey. But sith's-pits would be FAR more evil. (And probably an effective way to weed out the weak apprentices. You will never be strong enough to control others if you cannot control your own urge to plug your nose!)

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

"(bull)drek" from ShadowRun is probably my favourite, especially in phrases like "when the drek hits the fan"

"Crom" - among it's other uses, Conan also used this as a curse or battlecry. Especially the old Conan comics have some really creative curse phrases in 'em.

Bonus stuff:

"Your mother sucks dwarf cock" - a staple curse in The Witcher

"I'm gonna wear your guts for garters" was so wrong and funny for a curse/taunt. Laughed so hard I can't remember if it was said by a Chaos Warrior or an Ork in Warhammer

While we're at taunts, who could forget insult sword fighting...

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

"Flames!" and "Andraste's tits!" were favorites from the Dragon Age games.  I think the best, though, was Oghren's disgusted mutter of "Thunder-humper" when you removed him from your active party.  :)

Dwarven Adventurer, level 0.

"We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment... and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." (Flemeth, Dragon Age II)

Target Weight: 200lbs | Starting Weight: 262lbs | Current Weight: 253lbs

I'm all about that bass.