Albertigog reached up to get a jug from the top shelf. As he lifted it a sharp pain shot through his back dropped the just smashing it on the floor.

"I see you're still smashing my kitchen up with that back pain of yours."

Talo entered into to the kitchen, the baker now looking much rougher than when they had first met mainly due to him shifting rocks everyday without the luxuries that was used to.

"Sorry it's still not fully better yet. I'll go get the brush"

Albertigog replied sheepishly, especially after the damage he'd caused one night trying to keep himself from turning into the wolf.

"Ok but first we need to talk, it's been several weeks and you haven't quite managed to settle in. You made a good start but then something went wrong."

"I know, I'm sorry I'll get back on track."

"Good, so you can start taking healing that back of yours a bit more seriously, you gave up and have been sitting around for a few weeks and it's not helped (Challenge 1). Also you've been sneaking more than your fair share of the sweet foods we have left, I'm afraid you going to have to give them up completely to make up for it (challenge 2). You also need to be getting up with the rest of us, I've been at the pass for 2 hours already today, you started well but got lazy when you stopped exercising (Challenge 3). Finally you haven't really taken to looking after the horses, maybe you'll be better at helping the people at the town hall keep track of what going on in the town (Life challenge).

"OK, will do and I won't mess up this time."

So last challenge started out so well, but after some personal circumstances occurred, I had a hell of a lot on my plate, and ended up so tired that I gave up on the challenge.

So this challenge is very similar to the last one, with the measures of success slightly tweaked.

Challenge 1. Heal and get strong

To do this, I'm going to spend at least 15 minutes a day doing some yoga/joint mobility exercises, the focus being on my lower back.

Each week I manage to do this everyday will count as one point.

In addition to my mobility, I'm setting myself some strength challenges, each one being worth one point.

30 consecutive dead hang pull ups.

15 second handstand

10 wall supported handstand pushups

10 consecutive over head presses with 25kg

I know the weight isn't much but as part of my strength training I'm working on my lifting form with light to moderate weights to ready myself and my back for some proper lifting in the future.

This gives a total of 10 points

8+ = A 7 = B  6 = C 5 = D

Challenge 2. No more crap

This is nice and simple as I think I over complicated it too much lat time. Anything I deem as unhealthy food is a no no.

Everyday I manage is a point, any day i fail is no point.

As this is the 4th morning of the challenge, that leaves 39 points in total.

34+ = A, 31+ = B, 28+ = C, 26+ = D

Challenge 3. Get up.

I made this a bit hard for myself last time. So again scoring system is if I manage it it's a point for the day, if not no point.

Ideally I don't want to be getting up after 7, and would aim for 6 everyday, but from my experience last challenge I'm going to listen to my body a bit more.

Therefore I will set my alarm each night for a time I think is appropriate based on how tired I am.

Life challenge. Record record record.

This is the big change and the one I think will do me the most good in the long run. Every night before I go to bed I'll record my exercise, what I've eaten, time I got up, and other things I want to keep track of not relating to the challenge. I think this will help me massively in being productive in the future, and help me with improve my fitness. I'm not one for fixed workouts, I like to play more than anything so tracking improvement is difficult, hopefully this will help.

I'm on holiday with lots of other people for a week during this challenge, so I'm expecting challenge 2 and 3 to get a battering that week. Wish me luck!

Level 4 Werewolf Ranger

Str: 7.5, Sta: 3, Dex: 6, Con: 10, Wis: 10.5, Cha: 5.5

Skills

Drawing l Cold resistance l Self Discipline

"Luck is an accumulation of hard work and focused attention"

I just realised that I didn't assign attributes to my challenges.

Get strong +4 star

Cut the crap +3 Cons

Get up +2 cons +2 character

Record +4 wis

Now on to progress. I'm off to good start.

Food yesterday was mainly meat and salad in various forms. Today is a veggie day by chance. But crammed full of vegetables bar my porridge.

I feel awesome for doing some yoga/mobility drills. That instant feel strong again feeling. The pull ups are plodding on, I. Taking a pop approach with them. Got 14 to do later.

Sleep. I woke up at 6 today naturally! Didn't get up until half past but my alarm was set for 7, win! I also started recording in a diary, which I think will make a nice per sleep habit.

Level 4 Werewolf Ranger

Skills

It looks like my last update didn't get saved... bummer.

Big catch up then.

Food overall this has been good. I have had 2 strikes though. I forgot my lunch one day and there isn't a healthy option at work without having a sit down meal in my short breaks. The other was a surprise for my girlfriend from her colleagues. She's off for several weeks due to a crash, I took her in to work to see people and they'd made a cake for her.

Exercise- this is going well. Really enjoying having targets but little structure. I'm on 18 pull ups with a rest at 16. Hand stands are coming on too and my back is getting better.

Sleep this has been tough as I'm shattered from caring for my girlfriend, and she's not sleeping well so neither am I. I'm doing on but today and test was a 7:30 get up.

Recording - this has become a nice per bed ritual, looking forward to looking back in a few weeks.

Level 4 Werewolf Ranger

Skills

So having been away for a week, my challenge got thrown right off course, and it's taken me a little longer to get back on the rails than I wanted. I got back late on Friday and have been in work since, so today is re-start time.

On holiday, I didn't have any formal 15 minutes, but playing with a 18month old and competing with a 12 year old I probably did more than at home.

Food wise, all my main meal were nice and healthy but there was a bit too much snacking going around.

Sleep wise, I didn't follow my goals and was up around 8 most days (I was going to bed an hour or two later than I normally do).

I did take my logging book with me but didn't use it.

As I've been a bit off the rails since coming back as well I'm going to say that

Get strong - I've lost a point

Cut the crap - I had one more before I went away, and I will say 3 for my time away and one since so that's 7 i total now.

Get up - My late mornings on holiday I deem acceptable as I was getting the same sleep (and I was out of productive mode), but I've had 3 misses since. Today was back on track.

Logging- I've missed 9 days with my time away but I'm getting back on this as well.

My goal for get up and logging is creating the habit so I'll see where I'm up to at the end of the challenge.

Level 4 Werewolf Ranger

Skills

Over the last few days I've gotten pretty much back on track.

Get strong- I've gotten back into my 15 minutes in the morning, taking a more fluid expressive approach to it (Not being creative enough at the moment so using this to help a little bit). I've gotten back onto my pull ups 22 today with stops though. I also did my first bit of lifting since hurting my back WOOP! I've got a 25kg breeze block in my garden which I used, I also did 10 consecutive overhead push presses with it, so not quite a point yet but nearly. Handstand have gone a little by the way side at the moment.

Cut the crap- over all I've been good bar yesterday. There's so much temptation at work on certain days it becomes difficult in a small cabin. That takes me to a total of 8.

Get up- Going better, last 2 morning I was up at 7, today at 6:30 without an alarm. I am still spending 5 minutes in bed though before rising.

Record everything- Started my log again, really enjoying the reflectiveness it gives just before bed.

Level 4 Werewolf Ranger

Skills

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines