cline Taking a Knee (srsly) and Shooting the Shit

Thanks to msuroo and being tired of being homeless, I'll be here for a while.

I don't need challenges.  I have goals, I work on them.  I do well.  I do like shooting the shit however. 

Still training 7x week. 

Sunday was a double b/c one of the MMA coaches had an open spot.  So I did heavy lifting in the a.m., took about 3 hours to rest, and then went to a one on one Muay Thai session with coach. 

Wherein during round 2 of 3 rounds, I took a hard knee to the chest, knocking the wind out of me and stopping the round (coach stopped it - good call).  And, after a brief brief chat, we ended sparring for the day. 

Lifted Monday.  Muay Thai Tues.  Ribs still hurting but luckily it was clinching tuesday so some of the regular work was replaced by clinch sparring.  

Saw chiro yesterday who says cracked ribs (I say badly bruised).  I failed the diagnostic test, so he's probably right but whatever. 

Lifted hard and heavy last night. 

Rocked at a concert which required standing most of the night. 

Walking hurts my ribs.  *sigh*  So I'm not going to Muay Thai tonight. 

• Like 2

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Yessssss.

(Not about the hard knee to the chest and rib pain - ouch!)

Yes.  It's very painful.  Self medicating with tylenol is only so helpful.  Self medicating with beer and rock was way better until lack of sleep kicked in this a.m.  

• Like 2

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Ughhh, cracked ribs are the worst. Sleep is good. Sleep makes your body mend itself up and it can't hurt if you're asleep. Even honey badger passes out to recover after getting bit by cobras. Go to bed early tonight!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Ughhh, cracked ribs are the worst. Sleep is good. Sleep makes your body mend itself up and it can't hurt if you're asleep. Even honey badger passes out to recover after getting bit by cobras. Go to bed early tonight!

ZOMG I'm sleep deprived today b/c stupid rock music.

And I can't go to be early tonight because....

giphy.gif

I'm going to THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.manncenter.org/events/2014-07-31/star-trek-darkness-philadelphia-orchestra

And there is a COSTUME contest!  I threatend spousal unit that I was going to wear my Muay Thai gear.... costume fail.....

ONCE I made spousal unit go to sing along sound of music - waaaaayyyy back when it first started.  We got friends to go.  I made costumes.  Friends bailed on costumes.  We won 3rd place.  BWAAAA HAAA  I'm forever in gay men's phone pic galleries.  Too funny. 

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

SWEET!!! I finally saw that movie this weekend. Not on the big screen, but I didn't have to pay a fortune to sit on my recliner either :D

Sorry about the ribs. That takes a while to heal up.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

SWEET!!! I finally saw that movie this weekend. Not on the big screen, but I didn't have to pay a fortune to sit on my recliner either :D

Sorry about the ribs. That takes a while to heal up.

It's a good movie!  I LOVE Star Trek.  I grew up with it (scientist dad and all).  I had the original star trek dolls and proudly own the entire set of STNG and DS9. 

I will pay a fortune for anything - makes it better somehow.   :playful:

Yeah, ribs suck.  I don't need them.  I should look into that....

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

I still haven't seen Into Darkness.  The 2009 film was great, and Mrs Roo really liked it too, but despite that, I can't seem to get her interested in watching this newest one.

doesn't make sense. 

I've been married a LOOONG ass time (23 years this year).  So take my advice and do what I do when spousal unit is that ridiculous:

look at partner you married and say:  "why the hell are we married?  Where did you come from?  What's wrong with you?  No, NO you are not cool." 

Works every time.  For example last night:

Spousal unit:  Soundgarden is a great band.  Greater than NIN.  NIN didn't really contribute anything to music.  I don't even get why so many people are hear to hear them.  Why is Soundgarden the opening act?

Spousal unit:  I don't get it.  I don't see how people like NIN.

Me:  Why the hell are we married?  Where did you come from?  What's wrong with you?  No, NO you are not cool.

Followed by:  "and see that "text this number if someone is detracting from your concert experience?"  Yeah I'm texting them about you and how you are LAME".

• Like 5

I AM going the distance

I will pay a fortune for anything - makes it better somehow.   :playful:

Paying for that kind of something is reserved to things created by Pixar these days. For example, the last movie I saw in the theater, "Planes: Fire & Rescue" just last weekend. The last movie before that, the "Princess and the Frog" like 5 years ago. Ever since we had kids, I get to see movies I want to see on the TV at home. Why? Because I'm too cheap to pay for a babysitter to watch 3 kids and then go pay the theater a fortune for the movie itself.

That cheapness seriously sucked until I got the flat screen 4 years ago. Now its not so bad except trying to watch the Transformers, Iron Man, Star Trek, etc. movies when you get interrupted by little ones and have to replay scenes kind of interrupts the flow a bit. On the plus side, my wife took the kids to see Frozen so I didn't have to see that one until grandma bought my daughter the DVD for Christmas. So, I'm slightly less sick of it than most other parents I know.

• Like 1

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

um... you should watch with me sometime.  I interrupt constantly.  I'm also constantly asking spousal unit to rewind stuff either because he is sucking at volume control and I can't hear what's going on (old) or just want to see something over again.  Sometimes I make him rewind stuff just b/c I think I missed a funny (aka cat) commercial or a walking dead advertisement.  Makes him grumpy. 

Movies are really expensive.  Especially outdoors with the orchestra.

But frankly, I'm all about status.  It's important to me to wear only designer clothing with clearly indicated branding, carry only the most expensive brand splattered bags, drive only luxury vehicles, and to live with large exotic pets I keep on gold leashes.  Frankly, it's the only reason I work.  Feeding exotic pets is expensive. 

• Like 4

I AM going the distance

But frankly, I'm all about status. It's important to me to wear only designer clothing with clearly indicated branding, carry only the most expensive brand splattered bags, drive only luxury vehicles, and to live with large exotic pets I keep on gold leashes. Frankly, it's the only reason I work. Feeding exotic pets is expensive.

"Like".

There is no signature here.

"Like".

^^^ I keep exotic friends too...

I AM going the distance

GoRuck Challenge #3 gonna happen this year. 

I signed up for some other stuff too. 

I throw money around like... well... like it buys me status.

Because this is me (no, for real... that's me at work...)

Jordan-Belfort-Throws-Out-Money-The-Wolf

I AM going the distance

Bring your gold leashed exotic pets to this one. Best team weight ever.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

So take my advice and do what I do when spousal unit is that ridiculous:

look at partner you married and say:  "why the hell are we married?  Where did you come from?  What's wrong with you?  No, NO you are not cool." 

Works every time.

I'll try that next time I want to get divorced, but mostly I delurked to say SU was in the right here.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Bring your gold leashed exotic pets to this one. Best team weight ever.

remember that ass with the dog in Boston?  Did you know he wanted that dog to be our team weight?

I once had a team weight that was a guy on crutches, in a cast, in a red wagon and we had to pull him.  WORST team weight ever. 

I'll try that next time I want to get divorced, but mostly I delurked to say SU was in the right here.

GAH!  I like NIN.  But I like Soundgarden better.  BUT I cannot argue with Reznor's contributions to music type things. 

I love Chris Cornell actually.

And yes, tell your partner s/he is uncool and you don't know why you are married.  It works every time.  But you have to be three things when you do it:

1.  Exasperated (as if!)

2.  Right

3.  Cooler than partner - before you met and forever after (you must be the cool your partner aspires to but cannot reach without you)

Also, it helps if you have exotic pets. 

I AM going the distance

^^^^ I see you've been sneaking around in my house b/c that's exactly what it's like...

fairwarning... exotic pets on the loose

I AM going the distance

um... you should watch with me sometime.  I interrupt constantly.  I'm also constantly asking spousal unit to rewind stuff either because he is sucking at volume control and I can't hear what's going on (old) or just want to see something over again.  Sometimes I make him rewind stuff just b/c I think I missed a funny (aka cat) commercial or a walking dead advertisement.  Makes him grumpy. 

I don't say this often, but I empathize with SU. My wife does the same thing to me!!!! Although, it's usually a H50 ad instead of walking dead, but other than that...yeah.

It used to make me grumpy. Now when we sit down to watch something, I just give her the remote. It's just easier that way.

I don't say this often, but I empathize with SU. My wife does the same thing to me!!!! Although, it's usually a H50 ad instead of walking dead, but other than that...yeah.

It used to make me grumpy. Now when we sit down to watch something, I just give her the remote. It's just easier that way.

That's bc you are smart. SU monopolizes remotes based on 1 the argument I'll just fall asleep if we watch tv and 2 I have the cat.

Both are true. TV generally puts me to sleep which is why I rarely watch. And the cat. ..errr...I mean exotic pet... has no sense of space and lays all over stuff

I AM going the distance

I'd do it while you sleep but I'm afraid of high knees.

Archer-ocelot.jpg

Hey quit looking at my ocelot!

Elbows for you.

That's hilarious.

I AM going the distance

Cat??  I thought that was a honey badger.

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)