cline Taking a Knee (srsly) and Shooting the Shit

Having met "the art of SU", I'd say he's cool. Don't discount him too much. ;)

+1. He has to be tough. He lives with cline

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

meh... he's good for killing bugs (mostly cause I get lazy cause I have to kill and dispose of creepies and mice at work sometimes).  He's good for doing the laundry!  Ha ha ha... 

He mostly just shakes his head and ignores me. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

So late meeting at work last night that I couldn't weasel out of. Boooo.  I have to put the brakes back on those.  This meant I couldn't go to Muay Thai last night which is a problem b/c I can't go tonight b/c late meeting.  GAH!  Tonight's late meeting is a 1 off so won't happen regularly.  But I have to go babysit someone's staff which is ridiculous and inappropriate and pisses me off.  I keep saying the person should be canned but like all other managers, her managers are not willing to make the hard decisions.  Including - they won't even put her on a performance improvement plan.  Oh hell no... she would be so on the way out if she worked for me.  Anyhow, I have to go babysit her in front of consultants.  sigh.  I'd rather be at Muay Thai.

Last night turned into a gym/cardio night to make up for not going to Muay Thai.  Tonight I'll lift.

Last night's training was pretty good.  I worked on endurance and did the heavy bag. 

1 round shadow boxing

5 x 3 mins rounds on the bag alternating punch/kick combos.  1-2 mins rest between rounds. 

15 mins on the bike to stay warm

2 mi walk home. 

Not too shabby.  Bag work was really good actually.  I like doing that sometimes b/c I don't have to worry about a partner.  And I like using my bag gloves. 

And now before my last training session (huzzah it's not been that great... blah)

I'm listening to Running with the Devil.... because that's how I roll into training.

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Left work very late last night.  Had to stay to babysit lousy employee and meet with consultants so left 1 hour and 45 mins late.  BOOOOO. Puts me in a very very very bad mood.  I viciously guard my time after work and have worked very hard to develop habits and practices that ensure I almost never stay late at work.  Work simply does not interfere with my personal life unless there is a true emergency.  And by emergency I mean hurricanes, earthquakes, oil spills, that kind of stuff. Then I have to report even if it's the middle of the night.  But otherwise, no. 

I get this is a one off time b/c the consultants but still... it throws my whole day off and means I don't get home from the gym until after 8p and dinner not until 9p.  Makes cline very unhappy.

The thing is I could have shrugged off the gym or even just phoned it in.  Not me.  Not my training.

Heavy bench again last night.  Currently I'm benching about 3x week.

Push press - oh push press why you hate me?  Pressing maxes still seem stuck.  I'm very disappointed in them.  I should be moving a lot more weight at this point than I am.  I'm only moving 115.  At my weight and with my bench, I would expect to be at 135 minimum.  I think 135 is a pretty standard weight for women.  It's pretty easy for most women.  So mine depresses me.

Assistance work - lots of heavy work. 

I did not walk home b/c it was pouring rain and it was 8p.  So I phoned it in and took a cab.  I felt stupid and lazy but I was hungry and wanted to see spousal unit and the kittehs. 

I AM going the distance

Good work getting to the gym. From what I see, 115 overhead for women (and for many men) is very good. Not that you will be satisfied by that..

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Good work getting to the gym. From what I see, 115 overhead for women (and for many men) is very good. Not that you will be satisfied by that..

I'm not sure it's very good.  And no, not satisfied.  Seems awfully small. 

I AM going the distance

bobs.jpg

The consultants are still here.  I did not leave work until 2 hours after my normal time yesterday b/c consultants and meetings with VPs.  I like them all very much and the consultants are a WEALTH of information and we'll do really great things with their recommendations AND I LOVE the VP we were with, but come on guys.... I wanted to lift yesterday.

As a result... I didn't get to the gym until too late and spousal unit and I had planned a Sharknado marathon last night (It took me a year to convince him to watch it.  He won't watch regular shark week stuff b/c he's lame). 

That means lifting tonight and no Muay Thai.  *sigh*  Luckily consultants close up shop on Friday afternoon.

Last night was

Warmup = 100 teeps (push kicks) to the bag, 20 cut kicks/switch kicks to the bag right/left, 20 punches, 20 hooks

5x3 mins rounds of heavy bag work

Bike sprints, bike recovery = total of 15 mins. for 5 sprints on level 15 (bike goes 1-20), with 1 min recovery.  Warm up and cool down on either side.

Only walked 1 mi b/c bus came and well... sharknado marathon.  Phoned it in on walk home. 

Luckily the consultants are at the other campus today so I won't get out of here late today. 

I AM going the distance

You really think 'the other campus' will save you? Have you not heard of conference calls?

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

You really think 'the other campus' will save you? Have you not heard of conference calls?

No.  I try to avoid those at all costs.  And actually, they are down observing in various areas etc and there is not "here's how our day went" stuff.  That comes tomorrow.  But it comes at lunch and only for 2 hours...

I AM going the distance

Hiiiiiiiii!

I'd hug you really hard... but, you know ribs.

So...  

***Ass Slaps!!!!***

Miss yo' face!

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ribs are at about 90-95%!!!!  I haven't tried any type of sit up (b/c why?) and I threw right hooks yesterday and they didn't hurt!!! SQUEEE!  Haven't tried seated rows (which blinded me w pain) but on the whole WAY better.  Ribs take time. 

And Ass Slaps are WAY better anyhow.  I need more. 

I expect Spartan Ass Slaps.

I AM going the distance

Because an epic moment happened last night, this gets it's own post:

"There is no f*cking pole dancing in the power rack!  People will die."  - The Art of Clineliness

• Like 3

I AM going the distance

Hmm... that's an interesting thought picture.  Spartan Ass Slaps. 

Glad to hear the ribs are improving! 

Spartan ass slaps will be had.  They are not as good as goruck ass slaps (which are oddly motivating).  I believe I might just attempt to ass slap all the spartans, just cause.

Thanks!!! They are soooooo much better.  It's a tough injury.  I cracked a rib back in college and that round was a lot worse.  This wasn't as bad.  It just takes time... booo.  But yes! So so so so much better. 

Awesome Battle log you got going on here. I wish you a fast recovery with those ribs.

Thank you!!!  I'm actually feeling better every day and rarely notice it now.  You know how all of a sudden you stop and think "Damn!  I don't hurt!" <- that's where I'm getting to!  Yea!!!

I AM going the distance

Yesterday's battle was leaving work on time!  Ha ha! I was able to!  Consultants be damned (they were at the other campus - ha ha.  AND we got last minute plans with a friend! 

So I rushed off to the gym for my training.  It was a very long program.  I don't post much about my training but here goes:

Worked up to heavy squats.  I do some warm up and then coach has the sets starting at 70% my working max (note your true 1RM is not generally your W1RM).  I had sets of squats at different %'s. 

At the top, squats 5 working sets at 230#.

Deads were super light and were supposed to be light (coach wrote the program).  Several sets at 230#.  Which yeah, is light.

Heavy bent rows several short sets

Hammer curls many long sets (several sets and high reps)

Pushups - perfect chest to ground, slow, full ROM several sets, many reps

after dinner & drinks with friend... we all walked our 2 mi home.  It was a beautiful evening and she's a great person to hang out with.  It was a perfect night. 

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

Love the great workout!

And, love your view of light.  Stupid runner legs...

Ha ha.  always training.... LOL

Well its good to hear that those ribs are treating you well know, hopefully they are good enough to start training at your normal if not harder rate. Keep fighting the battle!

Thanks!  Actually, I kept up my regular training pace through the injury. 

I AM going the distance

Ha ha consultants... joke's on you.

I'm leaving at 3p! 

I AM going the distance

Last night:

Heavy bench (feeling easy!!) & ton of assistance work. Left work early and trained with my extra time.

Last minute call from NJ friends resulted in great get together. Outdoor patio led to other friends joining us and then another friend accidentally joined too (he's a Hollywood screen writer so we got to see trailers from his new movie... Ha ha haters). Amazing evening in philly.

This morning was all the Muay Thai!!!!! Coach on the vacay so sub. WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE COACHES!!! SQUEEEE I never take his class bc I lift Fridays. Oh the joy!! Man he's tough too. BAM right over to correct me. Makes me a better fighter every class. Great partner, great combos. All power punching! So exhausting... Esp when you warm up w sprints and cool down w burpees.

Best combo: jab, cross, lead hook, rear cut kick, slip the jab and at the same time return right uppercut, power punch a cross, uppercut, cross and finish w two lead body kicks. SQUEEEEEEE. so awesome. So exhausting.

Done got my hair did, finished Sharknado 2, and now it's time to relax.

"Mother's Milk" by RHCP turns 25 this weekend. My generation rocks.

And this:

"The problem with power punch combos in Muay Thai is they leave one tired to punch the people in the Whole Foods." - The Art of Clineliness

I AM going the distance

Just out of curiosity, do you do any sanctioned fights, cline?  Or just training Muay Thai cause it's awesome?

Oh heavens no. I'm not good enough. Only train Muay Thai 3x week. That's not enough to actually become a fighter. But I do spar on the gym now and then and will someday probably do an in house smoker. I cornered one (which was awesome) and I missed another bc I was put of town. I'm still trying to get a coaching apprenticeship.

I had to buy new gloves yesterday!! SQUEEEE

I'm trying a different type. Very excited.

I AM going the distance

That's a sad thought!  I like the pub atmosphere.  I like shooting the shit with random people.  But I definitely need to drink less.  There was no point in going yesterday except spousal unit wanted to go.  He's a very bad influence.

Most people just feel really sorry for him.  Most people pity a guy married to me.  He's a super nice, quite, non-assuming guy.  Everybody likes him.  He's not particularly magnetic - just a guy.  He's easy going and gets along with everyone.  You'd probably enjoy him.  

Ha ha ha - guys never come on to me.  Never have.  Ain't nobody like a chick in lifting gear at a bar.  And men don't want women who lift and ruck and fight.  Seriously.  The average guy - even the average "yo! it's cool you lift!" NF guy doesn't want a strong woman.  Men like tiny women.  Men do not want women who deadlift more than 300# regularly.  They don't.  They also do not want to be involved with any woman who can explain the merits of clinching in Muay Thai and can explain how a boxing stance is different than a muay thai stance and why. 

Men also do not like smart women (by smart I don't mean smartass I mean I spent lots of years being schooled) and men don't like opinionated women.  And by opinionated I mean on current events, the state of Congress, fracking in PA, the state of the Phillies, or whether or not there should be instant review in soccer.  They don't mind opinionated about celebs, make up or designers.  But not opinionated about the mayoral election.

The manager of the old gym I used to go to asked SU:  what's it like being married to an alpha female?  and went on to say I was one of the few women he'd met that he found intimidating.  Now he's a big guy and competes in BJJ.  I went on to do very well in a competition the gym wanted people to participate in.  His response:  I'm not surprised.  LOL.  Men don't like that.

I'd like to point out that most women don't like those qualities in a man either. People tend to like people who are similar to them. I don't know about you, but people hear about me fighting through the grapevine and assume I'm some kind of thug, then avoid me or at least treat me differently than before. Excelling in academics has a similar effect, people tend to treat you distantly, as if you're beneath them.

Level 2 Halfling Dreadnought 

2nd Challenge  1st Challenge

This morning was all the Muay Thai!!!!! Coach on the vacay so sub. WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE COACHES!!! SQUEEEE I never take his class bc I lift Fridays. Oh the joy!! Man he's tough too. BAM right over to correct me. Makes me a better fighter every class. Great partner, great combos. All power punching! So exhausting... Esp when you warm up w sprints and cool down w burpees.

Best combo: jab, cross, lead hook, rear cut kick, slip the jab and at the same time return right uppercut, power punch a cross, uppercut, cross and finish w two lead body kicks. SQUEEEEEEE. so awesome. So exhausting.

Sounds like you had a great time. Maybe switch friday lifting with another day so you can attend his class more often? :)

I'd like to point out that most women don't like those qualities in a man either. People tend to like people who are similar to them. I don't know about you, but people hear about me fighting through the grapevine and assume I'm some kind of thug, then avoid me or at least treat me differently than before. Excelling in academics has a similar effect, people tend to treat you distantly, as if you're beneath them.

I rarely tell people I fight. It's unseemly in the world I work in. But I love the fighters. I love the fights.

I also rarely tell people I'm a doctor. But there you have it.

Dr. Fighter. Figure that one out.

Sounds like you had a great time. Maybe switch friday lifting with another day so you can attend his class more often? :)

He only teaches boxing on Friday. Why box and miss out on elbows and kicks?! I love all the coaches really so it's unfair to choose!!!!

• Like 2

I AM going the distance