cline Taking a Knee (srsly) and Shooting the Shit

Heavy bench. Still easy. Tons of drop sets. Still easy. 75 total reps.. Majority were heavy.

Deads were moderate. Only at 245 but 15x2 w only 45s rest. Banged those out easily.

Heavy rows. Man, I love using the big DB esp when women are in the gym acting all badass. And then I come along. Ladies, take it down a notch. You'll be okay if you put less energy into your attitude and performance and more into your lifting.

Also...this is driving me bonkers...why don't women just wear effing shorts? What is with the damned capri pants? It's august! Shorts are okay. You don't see men in capris. Why don't women wear shorts any more? And no, that skirt thing is not shorts and no it does nothing for you and yes, you look silly. Men would not do that. And I go to the gay gym...shorts and shirts and shoes...they are all okay.

"You know what sucks about heavy bench day? Being too tired to punch people at the tile store." - The Art of Clineliness, second verse oddly similar to the first

Clearly, we picked out tile today. After a disgustingly big brunch.

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Fixed that for you! :D

Thanks but not so much. 

Just doin my stuff. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Also...this is driving me bonkers...why don't women just wear effing shorts? What is with the damned capri pants? It's august! Shorts are okay. You don't see men in capris. Why don't women wear shorts any more? And no, that skirt thing is not shorts and no it does nothing for you and yes, you look silly. Men would not do that. And I go to the gay gym...shorts and shirts and shoes...they are all okay.

I don't understand why it matters? Shorts, capris, not much of a difference. I see dudes in pants at the gym all the time. And they're doing leg day. And I've seen dudes in capris. It's weird.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I don't understand why it matters? Shorts, capris, not much of a difference. I see dudes in pants at the gym all the time. And they're doing leg day. And I've seen dudes in capris. It's weird.

Ooooo I've never seen dudes in capris at the gym.  Coming and going, yes, but not capris. 

Very few dudes workout in pants at our gym.  Some do.  But then they are usually track pants.  One guy wears chinos which is kind of silly but I can see it.  We had one guy who used to wear his chef pants.  LOL.  We had a guy wearing zUbaz for a bit but I haven't seen them in a year or so.  One body builder guy wears running tights in the winter.  I don't know why but it strikes me as funny every time.  I think it's because everyone else is in shorts.

The thing with the women is it's the fashion.  So it's a fashion thing.  It's like a rule that women can only wear capris or long pants.  I can't stand it.  There is nothing wrong with shorts for women.  Yeah I get I have fat legs.  Whatever.  It's hot.  But no matter how hot it is... no shorts on women.  *sigh*

Who decided that?

I AM going the distance

One dude is gay for sure. He's in running tights mostly but I've seen capris on him. The other dude, I'm not sure. He's worn capris, different types of pants, shorts. I've seen a dude wear scrub bottoms. I almost always see one of the strongest guys at the gym wear pants. Never shorts. Dude, squats 5-6 plates for sets/reps. He's a monster. 

The girls wear usually yoga pants. But I see bodybuilder girls in shorts all the time. Exclusively usually. All other girls wear yoga pants. It's the new girl uniform. I'm ok with it. I don't really care.

Don't go to the gym anymore though. Workout at home. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I have workout capris and workout shorts. I hate doing laundry, so I wind up wearing capris in the summer in addition to my shorts just because it means I have to do laundry less often. I can't wear the capris to gymnastics unless I want to die of overheating, so that usually means days I wear capris are regular gym days. It's just lazinesssssss and I can't justify buying even MORE workout shorts than I already have. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

But why is the girl uniform yoga pants?  *sigh*

Now, Raptron, lazy I can get behind!  I can't imagine doing what you do in leggings.  I can't imagine doing most stuff in capris or pants or anything. 

I do not own yoga pants.  I will not buy yoga pants.  I do not own leggings unless you call the long underwear I lounge about in leggings.  See... when I go to and fro (gym, errands, food)... I have these things I wear called "clothes".  Right now, as a matter of fact, I have on these things called "pants" (or some of you might call them "slacks").  When I go home and it's well below 60 and it's cold, I have these "pants" that I put on.  If it's 60 or above (or I feel warm), I wear shorts (again, actual clothing).  When I come home from the gym I wear my gym clothes!  What?!  I KNOW!  I actually walk home or drive home or even...gasp! wait for it... ride the bus home... in my gym clothes!  The best is after Muay Thai - on the bus.  Oh yeah.  Dripping sweat.  nice.  We all survive somehow.

At the gym, I do shorts and a tank b/c it's HOT.  And Sweaty.  And sweaty shorts are bad enough but an entire pair of sweaty pants and legs?  no thank you.

Why yoga pants and capris?  Seriously - why?

Although I'm not upset that people stopped wearing their jammies everywhere.  I love me some jammies at home but not out and about.  Put that away.

And scrubs at the gym... sigh.  We get that too.  But only guys (because they don't make capri scrubs and women can only wear capris b/c it's a rule).  First off, I don't give a rat's ass if you are a doctor and want everyone at the gym to know it... see how nobody cares ego man?  Second, chances are you probably aren't a doctor or you wouldn't be at the gym at 6p. 

The allure of scrubs is ridiculous.  People always want me to get them scrubs.  No.  Go buy your own damn scrubs.  I don't get that stuff for free.  AND you don't work here. AND they are thin and not flattering.  People LUUUUV walking around in scrubs b/c they think they get all sorts of status.  *sigh*

It's like yoga pants.  Honey please.  You do not do yoga.  Just stop.  Get yourself some pants.  It's okay.  And no... you are not so jacked up that nothing fits you.  I promise. 

Man... I ate lunch and I'm still crabby.  So:  GET OFF MY LAWN. 

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

used true a guy workout in a flannel shirt, jeans , and work boots -.. in Florida ,-, during the summer.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

used true a guy workout in a flannel shirt, jeans , and work boots -.. in Florida ,-, during the summer.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

a lumberjack?

in summer?? GAH!  I'd die....

I AM going the distance

Heavy bench. Still easy. Tons of drop sets. Still easy. 75 total reps.. Majority were heavy.

Deads were moderate. Only at 245 but 15x2 w only 45s rest. Banged those out easily.

^^^ Love this part!

We had a guy wearing zUbaz for a bit but I haven't seen them in a year or so.  

Zubaz?!?! The fashion police confiscated my Wisconsin Badger Zubaz in 1995.

And scrubs at the gym... sigh.  We get that too.  But only guys (because they don't make capri scrubs and women can only wear capris b/c it's a rule).  First off, I don't give a rat's ass if you are a doctor and want everyone at the gym to know it... see how nobody cares ego man?  Second, chances are you probably aren't a doctor or you wouldn't be at the gym at 6p. 

Of my friends who are doctors, the only time they are not at work at 6pm, is if they're just coming off a long shift that started the day before. And, only one of them manages to exercise at any regular interval. He's a runner. Bastard has always worked more hours than me and he still runs faster and farther than I do. I hate that guy.

Truth. I turn into a hot sweaty mess in underwear and a tank top when I'm in the gym..

In the gym? Hell, in the summer I've been known to turn into a sweaty mess in underwear whilst sitting on the couch watching Simpsons re-runs. :D

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

In the gym? Hell, in the summer I've been known to turn into a sweaty mess in underwear whilst sitting on the couch watching Simpsons re-runs. :D

Lol yeah, I've been in sleeveless tees and shorts in the 50s cause I've been so hot this summer.

But that's nothing compared to the gym. If you've ever wondered what a puddle looked like when it squats, come to the gym with me. I'm dripping before my warm-up's over...

There is no signature here.

Zubaz?!?! The fashion police confiscated my Wisconsin Badger Zubaz in 1995.

My heavens.... first, I love that you admit to this and second, your wife is one lucky lady!!!

Of my friends who are doctors, the only time they are not at work at 6pm, is if they're just coming off a long shift that started the day before. And, only one of them manages to exercise at any regular interval. He's a runner. Bastard has always worked more hours than me and he still runs faster and farther than I do. I hate that guy.

I know several fit docs.  The thing is they aren't wearing their scrubs in a gym at 6p.  LOL.  Med students, maybe. 

They do work long long hours.  It's not an easy gig.

Lol yeah, I've been in sleeveless tees and shorts in the 50s cause I've been so hot this summer.

But that's nothing compared to the gym. If you've ever wondered what a puddle looked like when it squats, come to the gym with me. I'm dripping before my warm-up's over...

Oh yes... try july evening classes in Muay Thai when coach announces "it's clinch day!".  Not pretty.  I've tried explaining the puddles of sweat on the floor - and no not "sweat angels" from crossfit.  I mean actual puddles that people slip in.  Avoiding sweat puddles in sparring must add to footwork.

I AM going the distance

osx65z.jpg

I can feel your rage through the text sometimes, it's actually tangible, and fuels my own endeavors. 

OMG this is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was dying laughing...

wait I mean I was raging! This made me rage!!!

So tonight this will be my training:

hulk-bear_1292446390.gif

But then I saw this and thought it was more "me"

bear-hula-hoop.gif

I AM going the distance

So I read your post and I got to the part about tonight's tranny, then an image, then the part about how the second image is more you.

I couldn't figure out what you meant, figured that the pictures were key. And then I saw bears. And then I realized you said training... I must have my eyes in backwards or something...

There is no signature here.

So I read your post and I got to the part about tonight's tranny, then an image, then the part about how the second image is more you.

I couldn't figure out what you meant, figured that the pictures were key. And then I saw bears. And then I realized you said training... I must have my eyes in backwards or something...

Wellll....so.... oddly enough... I do train at the gay gym and it's got a long, strong history in the gayborhood and there are often transsexual hookers about (and some non hooker transsexuals but they are not as obvious or as interesting - for obvious reasons).  So, tonight's tranny could actually happen.  I'll keep you posted.

and... now you know why seeing a rooster across from my gym is even funnier.... get it? get it? get it?  Think about it.....

I AM going the distance

If it takes longer than the first "get it?", no amount of thinking about it will help.

0003068495008_500X500.jpg

Precisely!

So....when spousal unit first texted me the pic... you can now imagine my...um.... colorful text back....

I followed it up with mocking him that a) I texted that to him on his work paid for phone and B) the NSA were surely spying on him and are now laughing at him not with him and he should pretty much just give up. 

Does anyone really feel sorry for spousal unit?  no... not really. 

I AM going the distance

Might as well update. 

Whilst spousal unit was chatting on the phone last night (ha ha ha), I went to train.

Muay Thai!!!  SQUEEEEEE!!!

I made it to the advanced class last night (which is tough to get to b/c time).   Oooooo one of my favorite badass coaches.  Yes!  Winning! 

Oh and I was the only woman!  Winning even more!

Class was all sorts of awesome.  Coach decided to focus on the Dutch style of Muay Thai boxing.  Which is... AMAZING! The Dutch are amazing Muay Thai fighters and often dominate.  Then we worked on the feint and Dutch boxing combos, specifically the Dekker combo and the Holland combo (which coach then renamed after himself b/c he's Dutch - I was the only one who laughed... everyone else fears coach).

Dekker was essentially 1, 2, 3, feint, 7, 3, 2 rear body kicks.  Holland was essentially 1, 2, feint, 2, 3, feint, 3,2, 3, feint, 7, 8, feint, 4, 3, 2, 2 lead kicks.  And this was good for me b/c I'd practiced resetting for the 4, 3, 2 combo the other night.

Then we had to put them all together for this:  1,2, 3, feint, 7, 3, 1, 2, feint, 2, 3, feint, 3, 2, 2, feint, 7, 8, feint, 4, 3, 2, 2 lead kicks, 2 rear kicks.  BAM!

Then coach thought we were kind of faking it (some were - like my partner) so he "tested" us - we had to demo on him.  Guy called out to demo Dekker combo failed.  Uh oh.  cline was called out next and NAILED it, including getting a "perfect!  Done perfectly!".  BAM! Take that Dutch people.  My people ain't even Dutch.

Then we had time left and coach asked if we wanted to spar or do conditioning.  NOBODY wanted conditioning.  So, spar we did.  Full 3x3 minute rounds amateur rules.  Coach partnered us for skills.  Thanks so much coach for partnering me with the guy who is like 6'5".  He just laughed.  Then we got new partners each round.  BAM!  Punching all the people.

My new gloves might come today.  BAM!  BAM!  (one for each hand!)

I AM going the distance

I've been wondering where they hell you've been, Lady.  Clearly I was not looking hard enough.

*plops down a lawn chair and begins drinking beer*

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Cline, dominating the dutch movez.

Is the rooster still around? Does it crow after someone PRs? Can we make that happen?

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1