cline Taking a Knee (srsly) and Shooting the Shit

I was busy. Whatever.

"Who the hell eats only two meatballs? !"

And

"Yes. A half pound of scallops. .. just for me. What? !"

- the Art of Clineliness Food Edition

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I sleep under a blanket I bought from the Maasai.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

And to be clear, I was not in Ska's pics. I am not that badass. Spousal unit is though.

And best part of the day: Ska's friend accepting my offer of an ass slap. I believe it made all the difference.

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

And to be clear, I was not in Ska's pics. I am not that badass. Spousal unit is though.

And best part of the day: Ska's friend accepting my offer of an ass slap. I believe it made all the difference.

only because there was no hitting or kicking allowed

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

So, you're saying that this event was TOO TAME for Cline??  I believe it - actually, I keep watching for her to show up on ANW.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

There's a Robert Frost poem in here somewhere.

Two cheeks diverge in a spandex wood, etc.

• Like 1

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

But how do you know which one is the least traveled? :D

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

So, you're saying that this event was TOO TAME for Cline??  I believe it - actually, I keep watching for her to show up on ANW.

Nahhh.... I'm waaaay too big for ANW stuff.  Those people are tiny.  The running commentary in the house is "That MAN weighs 30# less than I do". 

It's hard to put in context b/c you only see those folks next to one another on the show, but they are TEEEEENY.  I know a guy who was on it.... TEEEEENY

But how do you know which one is the least traveled? :D

Who cares if it's less traveled?  I'll slap it. 

It was quite funny. 

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

Found this on Saturday

a3a9a7u9.jpg

Pardon typos, I'm eating jerky.

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

Just found that laying around, did you? :D

Well done, Cline! Way to kick ass!!!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

If you dropped that on someone, I think it would actually kill them.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Just found that laying around, did you? :D

Well done, Cline! Way to kick ass!!!

Thanks.  It was interesting to say the least.

If you dropped that on someone, I think it would actually kill them.

We should get trophies for lifting the trophies.  We had a group pic at the end and we were all laughing about trying to hold up the trophies. 

I AM going the distance

Thanks.  It was interesting to say the least.

We should get trophies for lifting the trophies.  We had a group pic at the end and we were all laughing about trying to hold up the trophies. 

Yeah, that thing endangers the structural integrity of anything it rests upon. Might be a garden-decorating or door-stopping trophy and not a mantel-adorning trophy. Definitely a ground floor situation.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Soon there will be Muay Thai.

Thurs night all we did was knees!!! I had to work with a newish girl. Not very good so not w great class for me. But OMG was she fun and nice. I kept pushing her. During kick sprints "come on just two more!" Her "ok!" It was so endearing. Man I liked her. And my Finnish friend was there and my deaf friend and get this! A blind guy started with his friend! I'm soooooo humbled by them all. I love this gym.

Today I'll go to class and then I get to coach and corner at the smoker!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEE

all day in the stinky gym!!!

• Like 2

I AM going the distance

I pointed some philly nerds your way at camp. Don't remember their na especially though

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I pointed some philly nerds your way at camp. Don't remember their na especially though

Names...how did it get that?

Your phone is drunk.

okay.  I'm notoriously unlikeable and I don't nerd out on nerdy things.  So.... yeah. 

I AM going the distance

How was the smoker!??

so much fun.  I got to corner with one of my coaches.  Saw some lousy sparring (to be expected) and a couple of good sparring match ups.  AND major props to a guy who did a few rounds in a boxing sparing match and then finished with a few rounds of muay thai sparring.  BAM!  He was fun to work with.  I learn a lot listening to the coaches with athletes in the moment.  Trying to coach someone in the middle of the fight is pretty intense.

But BEST YET

I got to deal with blood!  Whoo hoo!!!  There will be blood!  I got to stop a bloody nose in between rounds and clean the guy up!  Sometimes happens in sparring. 

And yes... I got to stick my finger up some guy's bloody nose.  Yessssss.... all the winning right there my friends.  

I AM going the distance

But BEST YET

I got to deal with blood!  Whoo hoo!!!  There will be blood!  I got to stop a bloody nose in between rounds and clean the guy up!  Sometimes happens in sparring. 

And yes... I got to stick my finger up some guy's bloody nose.  Yessssss.... all the winning right there my friends.

The fact that you love this, is a great example of why we love Cline!

The fact that you love this, is a great example of why we love Cline!

Who doesn't love administering aid to bloody fighters? 

Oh and holding spit covered mouth guards!  Yes!  Just spit that baby out right into my hands... I gotcha.  And yup you got a slap on your sweaty back.  (I really wanted to hand out ass slaps but fighters are not really into ass slaps as far as I can tell... at least not my classmates... YET....)

Blood doesn't really bother me.  I'm sure buckets of it would be a bit distressing.  But nonetheless, I'm good in emergencies.  I also don't mind being around body fluids.  I know what to do and after having worked in the AIDS world for a while... I'm not skeeved easily.  

So yeah.... when dude was bleeding and his coach didn't have a corner (I was the only one helping corner), I popped right over to administer corner aid so coach could keep coaching.

ignore me... let me clean you and stop the bleeding... listen to coach b/c you have more sparring to do. 

The coaches were all really pleased and impressed.  I got a lot of cred.  I loved the guy too.  He was soooo charming.  He was concerned b/c there was blood on his gloves and he saw the paper towels.  My friend... it's mixed with sweat.  It's more for show... you are not really bleeding as much as it seems.  He made great eye contact - you could tell he was deciding if I was being honest and taking care of him... I saw it in his eyes.  He trusted me completely and went 100% into listening to the coach.  Each round of sparring I popped in and cleaned him up and stopped the blood.  He was delightful and sparred well. 

Anyhow... a fun day. 

Except we only have one entrance to the cage (we used the cage instead of the ring even thought traditional Muay Thai is fought in a ring) and we had to use regular chairs b/c we didn't have stools.  LOL.  But okay.  I got coach everything he needed, I carted the chair in and out, I cleaned up water, blood, spit, held mouth guards, put them in, taped gloves and head gear.   slapped a lot of shoulders. 

And the one guy who didn't even make it through the first round?  (he panicked....) he got a lot of "hey! HEY!  You stepped up and stepped in the cage to spar!  That's more than anyone else!  HEY!  You stepped up to try!!!"  and he was much better after that.  That guy deserves a lot of props b/c sparring is scary sometimes. 

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

update:  lifting, fight camp, same old stuff.  Fight camp on Saturday (before sparring) was all head kicks.  Lousy partner.  She kept grabbing my toes wrong and ended up hyper extending the damn toe again.  Also, I don't know what she did, but top of other foot is all bruised.  *sigh*

Lifted at coach's yesterday.  Such a great session. 

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

Sounds like you had an awesome day in the corner.

Also, ugh, what a toe-grabbing jerk. Burn all bad partners. (Though not really, because I assume a lot of people eventually don't suck as much?)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1