cline Taking a Knee (srsly) and Shooting the Shit

ohai.

Ohai back!!!!

Mmmmm breakfasting... Later I shall away to the WF where I will attempt to make the fish guy laugh and the prepared foods guy cry. There will be free bird....

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

She's clearly busy drinking beer and telling kids to get off her lawn.

And then elbowing them in the face to get them off said lawn.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Hey!

I still like reading about what you are up to!  Don't stop!

(in other words, I miss you!)

Miss you too. But I really don't do much that's interesting. I watch the lawn grow...yell at kids...(note: I ain't got no lawn)

She's clearly busy drinking beer and telling kids to get off her lawn.

And then elbowing them in the face to get them off said lawn.

I need more beer.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha OMG that's hilarious!!!! It was their fault for serving beer that early...to me....

That's just wrong and evil.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*

What do you want me to say?

^ Agreed. 

Glad you're back. I was going to spam your FB with pictures all week if you hadn't posted here.

Nekkid selfies? Bc I already leaked those on the interwebs. Google "cute, funny cats" and you'll see them

*snort* fine. What have I been doing?

Muay Thai!!!!!! SQUEEEEEE Lots of head kicks the past couple of weeks, including hiding the head kick...awesome. That class ended w four rounds of sparring, including me w a very senior, very strong partner. Serious face punching. We also had a class on skater's punch. Awesome. I loved that and it feels really good for me. Great combo. Senior partner. Got in the car aft and spousal unit said "you look like you are from the Walking Dead". Ha ha. Yeah you do a 45 min WOD and finish w 3 mins of planks crossfit boy.

I also decided to got back to boxing more regularly. I love it and love the coach. Except he makes me jump rope. My knees actually did not die. I'll prob stick w some boxing for a while.

Otherwise, I lift. Saw coach a couple times recently. Had to lift in front of a former olympic athlete (not a weightlifter) which was nerve wracking but coach thought it was great. He was all smiles bc he loves the other guy. Whatever. It was weird. Luckily, it was short sets at 280 so I looked good and they were easy. Pulled 300 5 times yesterday, put 108 up several times OHP... I don't know. Just average stuff. OHP still sucks.

Just stuff. Nothing special.

I AM going the distance

Truth.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

And so it shall be, until the end of time.

Truth.

Why??? Why does OHP suck? I'm still stuck at 110-115 max. It's not right. Whyyyyyyy???

I thought this was you..

20120814-210729.jpg

MUAY THAI !!

I see you found my pics. Bwaaa haaa haaa

Mmmm I'm wine tasting. Tomorrow I train and hike and stuff.

I AM going the distance

Training.

Hiking.

Beering.

• Like 2

I AM going the distance

Training.

Hiking.

Beering.

Beering? I thought you were wine tasting? Or was that the day before? Sorry, I've fallen quite behind on the NF boards. Well, in any case, training, hiking and beering sounds damn close to a perfect day.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Beering? I thought you were wine tasting? Or was that the day before? Sorry, I've fallen quite behind on the NF boards. Well, in any case, training, hiking and beering sounds damn close to a perfect day.

I did wine tasting too. Wine country, beer country, outdoors country.... It's all good.

I think I'm going cave exploring today. I think I have to wear a hardhat.

I AM going the distance

Spelunking is like cooler hiking.

Raptron, alot assassin

Spelunking is like cooler hiking.

It is. Totally cooler. And comes with a much higher risk factor. Although there are mountain lions active here...they don't hang in the caves. But bats do.

Caving was fun. I had to wear a hardhat and we had to have flashlights. A lot of hard scrambling and some climbing too. Ripped my sneaker on a rock (my innov8... Boo). But better than ripping my body...lol. Several caves. Turned lights out at one point. You cannot see your own hands. Ever. There is zero natural light. Creepy. Oh and we were often the only people there. Topped it off with a outn4 mi hiking, including to a site for vision quests.

But yeah, caving definitely ups the cool factor. Scrambling and climbing w a flashlight is tough.

I AM going the distance

I can't decide whether I agree with this article or not. 

Sure there are people who take it past the point of being a goal to the point of being a need. But that's very subjective. Sure some people want the drama, but reading this article I guess I'm an obsessed stress addict.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

They said this :

Because chances are, if you’re in the middle of this cycle, you’re not willing to admit it. At all. In fact, you’re probably pretty angry just reading this article. You probably think we just don’t understand how truly dedicated/devoted/motivated/tough you really are. You probably think that because you’re getting fitter, losing weight, getting promoted, that all your hard work is paying off—and normal people just can’t comprehend what it’s like to have the discipline to work as hard as you.

So many people are stress addicts. They can't see it, they think they like it, they claim to thrive on it.

Not good.

I AM going the distance

They said this :

Because chances are, if you’re in the middle of this cycle, you’re not willing to admit it. At all. In fact, you’re probably pretty angry just reading this article. You probably think we just don’t understand how truly dedicated/devoted/motivated/tough you really are. You probably think that because you’re getting fitter, losing weight, getting promoted, that all your hard work is paying off—and normal people just can’t comprehend what it’s like to have the discipline to work as hard as you.

So many people are stress addicts. They can't see it, they think they like it, they claim to thrive on it.

Not good.

And then they break. Hard. Taking a break prevents that other kinda break. I like where the article is going, although they might lose some folks in being so disparaging about folks' outward manifestations of obsession/motivation/whatever. Because it won't be obviously dangerous until it's too late. Sometimes people push through one rough thing but not another. So yeah, it's subjective, but it's also subtle.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

It's subtle because its hard to see when you're in the middle of it. It's a fine line between dedication and obsession. We usually don't see it when we step over it. It doesn't become apparent until you're miles past it.

From a work perspective I've been on both sides of that line multiple times, and I haven't noticed I'd crossed the line until my physical health and/or my personal relationships were suffering. It takes a very long time to feel like you've got everything back to normal and then you start getting slowly sucked in again. It can very much be an addiction if you let it. Maybe not as apparent as the alcoholic or drug user, but an addiction nonetheless. 

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava