cline Taking a Knee (srsly) and Shooting the Shit

Also how dare you sneeze and disturb your cat?! So rude.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

YEEEE. HEAVY SQUAT BUDDIES ARE THE BEST BUDDIES.

OMG yes!!! Not only did we fly through the set but we loaded plates together, we watched, etc.  I always train alone so this was awesome. 

Dear Dante:  you are my new best friend!

Also how dare you sneeze and disturb your cat?! So rude.

I know!  He completely freaks out every time.  He's orange... right?  you get it. 

cat-scare.gif

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

hene6ady.jpg

Pardon typos, I'm eating jerky.

• Like 2

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

mmmmm....lunch and time to update ye olde log.

Last night:  Fight Camp!  (also known as MUAY THAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So going back again with cracked rib (still healing) so I kind of have my plan.  But I was sooo tanked from the lifting the night before I was hoping we'd get a class focused on punching.  well..... kinda but coach had other plans b/c he apparently went to "Crazy Coaching School".  egads.

Warm up.... blah blah.  Air dyne felt good to loosen up my tired legs.  Forgot to mention one of the coaches "adjusted" it to "high altitude" training.  LOL.  He was all proud to tell me b/c other than coaches, I'm the only one who uses it.  My reply "every day it like high altitude training w cline".  Got a fist bump for that.  Anyhow...

Then we get all mobilized and usually then shadow box but tonight... not.  Hmmm.....  Pair up!

Oh dear.  Well, I stay away from cray cray competitive girl b/c she is just mean (not dangerous just mean).  And I stayed far away from the head kicking asshole even though he was kind of close to me.  He worked with his sister...again.  Surprise.  So that means I'm edging ever closer to the "serious" side of the room.  Bwaaa haa..

oh shit.  Black shirt (which means as good as coaches or better) picked me. GAH!  I've worked with him before. He's amazing. His Muay Thai is so so so good.  He's fantastic.  We're similar in size (more on that below).  But he's freaking great at the sport.  He's a joy to work with because he works your ass into the ground, never letting up AND he's willing to do a bit of coaching but only while he's kicking the shit out of you.  Seriously.  NO letting up.  Okay... I tell him about my injury and he's all "meh, those are the worst.  Yeah, worst lessons to learn".  Okay.

And we're off...

to clinching warm ups.  GAH!  It's so hot and we're clinching.  But it's warm ups so cool. 

Then coach announces the program for class.  No pad work.  All partner work.  All sparring (light to moderate depending on partner). 

2x 10 min rounds.  WTF?????  GAH!  nobody fights that.

2 mins striking, 2 mins clinch sparring, 2 mins striking, 2 mins clinching, 2 mins striking.  One partner does most striking, both do clinching. 

2 mins rest after.... then repeat.

Then closers/finishers.  WTF?????

My partner was so good that I spend most of my time just trying to not die in the clinch.  If it had been a real fight, first clinch would have ended up with like 20 billion knees to my face.  If I was still standing I would have spent the rest of the round running away and climbing out of the ring.  He's that good. 

And it was so hard last night.  So so so so so so hard.  And he keeps the pace up no matter what.  And you get winded?  tough.  You get popped in the face, tough.  He keeps kicking and punching.  He's so great to work with.

One coach was off to the side and just smiled and said "fun, huh?" when he saw me. 

Yeah... actually.  It was one of the hardest things I've done in a while and so much damned fun.  After coach said that same guy is one of his favorite partners.  I know.  He's awesome.  And he's so nice. 

And I was exhausted and hurting at the end of class.  I had to rest.  Ribs were on fire from the twisting.  And I hurt my foot in a take down, hyper extending the big toe joint.  It swelled up real bad and was hard to walk on.  All the fighting!  (it's getting better - still hurts but swelling is better). 

In the end, I learned

"What can't be cured with A & D ointment and ice, is cured with tequila."  - The Art of Clineliness

Note:  A & D (non petroleum formula) is for the glove burns on my skin from the clinching - like rug abrasions. 

As to weight...

this guy is probably 170 maybe maybe 175.  He's thin but not scrawny.  He's about 5'9".

Fighters fight at low weights.  It's hard to understand unless you are in the community.  But let's take Ronda Rousey for example.

Most people consider her a "big girl".  She's 5'6" and most men/women consider her "thick".  She fights in the biggest women's weight class currently allowed in UFC.  Her walking around (non fight weight) is about 155.  And most people consider her too thick.  She has been told she's too big for magazine covers, features, photo shoots, etc. 

Get this - she fights at 135 b/c that's the biggest weight class UFC has for women b/c they don't want big girls fighting b/c nobody will watch b/c girls shouldn't be big.

Now... she looks like THAT at 135 and is still considered big.  

I AM going the distance

Cline! You insane animal you! Subbed, more later.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm so glad you are here! This makes my Friday.

I AM going the distance

Wij2L-1.gif

Yes you are.

"What can't be cured with A & D ointment and ice, is cured with tequila."  - The Art of Clineliness

So, I did learn something useful back in college :P

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Really, she's too big? I think Ronda Rousey is a hottie.

Agreed! Totally. She's beautiful and fierce and I think her body is amazing.

The thing is though that she's not big by most standards but she's considered big in UFC and for media shoots. Sad, isn't it?

I AM going the distance

Out of town for the weekend...still training!

All the benching today. BAM!

Worked up to a couple of sets at 80% and they were ....easy. Ha ha bench press.

Did a bunch of DB pressing.

I can now officially press sets of 55#. Woot. Spousal unit witnessed me doing it. Ha ha DB.

assistance work. Walking around.

Want shopping. Dear me...the pain the pain. Why are all the pants "skinny" fit or "our skinniest fit yet" or "skinnier than those!" I don't get it. I can fit into them but they look ridiculous on me. To be honest, they don't look good on a lot of people.

Tomorrow I'll squat and deadlift and will remember exactly why I cannot look good in skinny jeans.

• Like 4

I AM going the distance

Skinny jeans .... the only good thing is that they have GOT to be a fad that will die as surely as leg warmers and headbands!!

And, somehow I always find a quote for you while looking for pep talk images for newbies .....

d9ab278ca6a6819754aea84cfa023d34.jpg

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I don't understand them. All pants are so tight now or are leggings. 99% of women do not look good in them. I'm much to big for them. And they are not appropriate for work. I have 1 pair of jeans. What the hell am I supposed to wear?

I AM going the distance

Guess you'll just have to go without.....

True that. I'm often in shorts fr March to November.

I'm wearing my little lifting shorts now. .. in a bar. Lol

I suck

I AM going the distance

How do men NOT come on to you? You lift, go ruck, fight, AND wear little bitty lifting shorts ..... to a BAR. (By the way - mmmmmmm, barrrrrrrrrr. Not gonna see one of those for another 9 months. Oh well - Mr. Liver probably needed the break. Not that he ever complains, as he's a real trooper, and like you, is determined to go the distance. But I digress [so what else is new] - back to you.) Do you just flash a gun at them, or what? I mean, a kick to the head, especially a well-delivered one, would just strike me as endearing, but then I ain't exactly what gets classified as normal. And SU - I wanna meet him, see what of kind of guy gets to see the Art of Clineliness up close and personal on a daily basis.

More training yesterday.  I don't normally lift Saturday (it's muay thai day) but since we were out of town and I found a gym, that was the plan.  Which meant I would lift Sat, Sun, Mon... b/c I normally go Sun/Mon BUT I have a late meeting at work today (stupid - I usually skip but I'm probably skating on thin ice for that, so I'll make an appearance).  Late meeting means I can't adjust and make it to Muay Thai... so today's a wash.  I'm on my own for cardio.  booooo.  I have a meeting Tues evening too for work, so can't do normal Muay Thai either.  Booooo.  I need to re-establish that I don't stay late for meetings.

Training yesterday:

The big three.

Squats were fairly moderate weight.  Deads worked up to work sets at 285 (sets), and more benching including really heavy up to 90%.  Benching was solid but a little tough after all the benching on Sat.  But ha ha bench press...

Went to the corner pub to watch the ballgame and eat some foods.  Had 2 beers which was good but then bartender bought me one.  *sigh*  Terrible. 

So... I think my plan for cardio tonight is some bike followed by bag work at my gym then my 2mi walk home.

Did some shopping for work clothes this weekend.  That was depressing. 

I AM going the distance

By the way - mmmmmmm, barrrrrrrrrr. Not gonna see one of those for another 9 months. Oh well - Mr. Liver probably needed the break. Not that he ever complains, as he's a real trooper, and like you, is determined to go the distance.

That's a sad thought!  I like the pub atmosphere.  I like shooting the shit with random people.  But I definitely need to drink less.  There was no point in going yesterday except spousal unit wanted to go.  He's a very bad influence.

And SU - I wanna meet him, see what of kind of guy gets to see the Art of Clineliness up close and personal on a daily basis.

Most people just feel really sorry for him.  Most people pity a guy married to me.  He's a super nice, quite, non-assuming guy.  Everybody likes him.  He's not particularly magnetic - just a guy.  He's easy going and gets along with everyone.  You'd probably enjoy him.  

How do men NOT come on to you? You lift, go ruck, fight, AND wear little bitty lifting shorts ..... Do you just flash a gun at them, or what? I mean, a kick to the head, especially a well-delivered one, would just strike me as endearing, but then I ain't exactly what gets classified as normal.

Ha ha ha - guys never come on to me.  Never have.  Ain't nobody like a chick in lifting gear at a bar.  And men don't want women who lift and ruck and fight.  Seriously.  The average guy - even the average "yo! it's cool you lift!" NF guy doesn't want a strong woman.  Men like tiny women.  Men do not want women who deadlift more than 300# regularly.  They don't.  They also do not want to be involved with any woman who can explain the merits of clinching in Muay Thai and can explain how a boxing stance is different than a muay thai stance and why. 

Men also do not like smart women (by smart I don't mean smartass I mean I spent lots of years being schooled) and men don't like opinionated women.  And by opinionated I mean on current events, the state of Congress, fracking in PA, the state of the Phillies, or whether or not there should be instant review in soccer.  They don't mind opinionated about celebs, make up or designers.  But not opinionated about the mayoral election.

The manager of the old gym I used to go to asked SU:  what's it like being married to an alpha female?  and went on to say I was one of the few women he'd met that he found intimidating.  Now he's a big guy and competes in BJJ.  I went on to do very well in a competition the gym wanted people to participate in.  His response:  I'm not surprised.  LOL.  Men don't like that.

I AM going the distance

So a dude co-worker just said my new top is "hot".  It's not really.  He's got impeccable taste (and is truly one of the nicest people I've met).  He truly meant it as a compliment (not a come on) and I think it's because he must like the conservative but not look - I'm wearing pretty fitted (tight?  what the hell do you call them?) ankle pants with a type of stiletto shoe thing (but not hoochy just work appropriate) and this shirt with this collar thing.  so there you go.

And my work is now smoke free for employees (finally) and in order to get our discount on health insurance we have to swear we don't smoke (eventually we'll be tested - all new employees are being tested).  And all I could think of was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VmW-ScmGRMA

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

Sounds like a mad cute outfit. <3 Airplane

And obviously, some men do like strong, smart, powerful women or there would be no SUs. Duh.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Sounds like a mad cute outfit. <3 Airplane

And obviously, some men do like strong, smart, powerful women or there would be no SUs. Duh.

It's not a bad outfit.  It's new so I don't hate it yet.  LOL.

Airplane = best movie ever.  (well... almost)

and I think I intimidated SU. 

"Women fear me.  Men fear me more.  Children run.  BUT cats love me."  - The Art of Clineliness

Oh, and I've resorted to listening to The Who and trying to figure out what I'm going to drink tonight b/c it's that kind of day. 

I've already laid my head on my desk, made faces at the phone and the people on the phone, made faces at the emails, left for 2 walk abouts, AND called security.  *sigh*  (but I like hanging out with the cops... maybe I should call them again?)

I AM going the distance

Yep - May have to swing thru Philly next summer. The Art of Clineliness is sounding more and more like something that has to be seen to be truly appreciated. I got to know the place a bit while in college because my SU went to school there (matter of fact, I'd go for a run to the art museum and do a Rocky at the top of the stairs), so it might not be hard to talk her into a trip. But, after the 2 week canoe trek through the Everglades on the Wilderness Waterway (I should probably warn her we're gonna do that, although surprise her with it as an anniversary present. Hmmmm....)

Yep - May have to swing thru Philly next summer. The Art of Clineliness is sounding more and more like something that has to be seen to be truly appreciated. I got to know the place a bit while in college because my SU went to school there (matter of fact, I'd go for a run to the art museum and do a Rocky at the top of the stairs), so it might not be hard to talk her into a trip. But, after the 2 week canoe trek through the Everglades on the Wilderness Waterway (I should probably warn her we're gonna do that, although surprise her with it as an anniversary present. Hmmmm....)

come to Philly!!!! 

Yes... well... there is no describing what goes down in my world on a daily basis. 

The Art of Clineliness is not something that can be taught.  It just is. 

And with that my friends, I am off to the gym for sad bike riding and some fight technique work and heavy bag work b/c I cannot do my beloved muay thai.  My meeting just wrapped up and my day is finally almost over.

I AM going the distance

Having met "the art of Gregliness", I'd say he's cool. Don't discount him too much. ;)

+1. He has to be tough. He lives with cline

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker