cline Taking a Knee (srsly) and Shooting the Shit

I've been wondering where they hell you've been, Lady.  Clearly I was not looking hard enough.

*plops down a lawn chair and begins drinking beer*

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh!  and a lawn chair and beer!  You forgot the kiddie pool. 

Imma gonna start yellin "get off my lawn!" (except I have a stoop so joke's on me)

Cline, dominating the dutch movez.

Is the rooster still around? Does it crow after someone PRs? Can we make that happen?

I gotz all deh movez

I have not seen the rooster lately.  I posted a pick in Risen Phoenix's thread.   If only it would crow for PRs... that would be awesome.  We should totally work on that.  bc.. PR rooster is way better than PR pig.  Plus, he's more chill and he didn't judge if I could hang with him or not...

What type of exotic pets will I find if I go on a safari in your house?

Good question.  I have pics of many exotic critters (I travel a lot).

But as for the actual household:  ALL THE KITTEHS!  One has 6 toes!  I used to have a stumpy manx cat but he died of extra old age.  Now I have old man, tubby, and the 6 toed sloth.  There's a mouse living in my garden bed outside.  Every time I water it runs away.  Other than that.. I got nothing.

Spousal Unit.

^^^^^^^^^^^ LMAO

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

LYSfELq.gif

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Old, too many faces punched

de6emu2u.jpg

New. From Thailand.

2e3uvabu.jpg

Pardon typos, I'm eating jerky.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Ooh, jelly. Aren't those like 70 dollars or more? They need a face to be broken in on.

Yea new gloves! I used them last night. They are very different.

I've been using Twins. I've been very happy with them.

I lost my focus when I read eating jerky lol. Off to the store I go.

I know...right?

I AM going the distance

Guys...the roof on my pub collapsed yesterday. Everyone is fine. Owner is in shock, staff out of work. Streets were all closed until well after midnight bc they had to remove large parts of the building and stabilize it. We are just crushed for everyone. Talked to many of them last night. It's so sad.

The city is an amazing place. Immediate, awesome response. Contractor in right away (I gotta guy), VFW poured free drinks for the staff, one vet is on watch there bc he's a regular at the bar, cops guarded the site all night to keep losers away. Amazing place.

So sad though. I'm grieving for them all. So glad nobody was hurt.

I AM going the distance

Every time I see that tagline, I get a craving something fierce. I should get some jerky. Or make some maybe...

GREAT now all you people talking about my jerky tagline make me want Jerky. 

You have NO idea what's involved in the great jerky hunt:

1.  I'm in 3.5" heels and a pencil skirt.  I have to schlep in this outfit.

2.  I have to go down and up 2 flights of stairs in ^^^^ outfit (heels!).

3.  I have to schlep across the tundra twice to the gourmet store.  Now the tundra is a problem b/c a) it's a tundra and B) it's never good to be prey out in the open in the middle of the day on the tundra... in 3.5" heels!!! 

But I'm soooo going now b/c I'll get lunch there, some additional meats, and oooooo some fizzy water.  It's super spendy but worth every penny.

OH and even better!  I know the guy who owns it. 

jerky!  Jerky!!! JERKY!!!

I AM going the distance

Is that where we ate?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No.  We ate at a place down the street.  Actually, that's where I went last night (where we ate) and I ran into my bartender and cook from the other place.  When we got there Chef and someone else were standing outside looking at their building.  :-(

BUT it is the place where you waited for me to meet you - on the corner.

I AM going the distance

Might as well update:

MUAY THAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

My training program is mixed up this week so I got to do two nights of Muay Thai in a row! What a treat! 

Last night we worked right hooks.  Coach said he suspects this is a winning shot in so many fights.  It's a true power shot and really, one of the strongest you can throw (although my left hook is getting super).  I need hook practice.  So we were throwing combos that worked the right hook all night.

I got to use my new gloves!  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But sadly, had a sucky partner.  He is supposedly the same level as me (which I doubt) AND he had on old, worn muay thai shorts, so I thought he was a good pic.  Not good.  He didn't know basic combos and had trouble keeping up and I was just really surprised.  Oh well. There were are.  He was nice at least and it was a fun class. 

I AM going the distance

jerky fail.

crossed the tundra (2x).  No jerky.  But I did score a beef stick (no sugar other than a bit of molasses) for later.  And scored a great piece of chicken with mushrooms and asparagus for lunch.  And fizzy water.  But no jerky.  *sob*

I'm all jealous of you and your Muay Thai prowess.  I've been wanting to get into it, but there isn't anywhere around here that offers any classes.  

MUAY THAI!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait wait... I just NF stalked you and did the google and there's a place there.  Is it not there? 

I AM going the distance

Ha! How'd you do that??? I searched a couple of weeks ago and came up with nothing! Maybe I searched close to my location or something, who knows.   Either way, it looks like I've got some options, thanks! 

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Ha! How'd you do that??? I searched a couple of weeks ago and came up with nothing! Maybe I searched close to my location or something, who knows.   Either way, it looks like I've got some options, thanks! 

i own the interwebs.  It bends to my will. 

Now... go kick people.

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

Kick people? I thought is was usually knees and elbows for you?

Sorry to hear about your pub. That's some disappointing news. Any chance they can rebuild?

Hooray for new gloves and big hooks!! Boo for dazed and confused partner.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Kick people? I thought is was usually knees and elbows for you?

Sorry to hear about your pub. That's some disappointing news. Any chance they can rebuild?

Hooray for new gloves and big hooks!! Boo for dazed and confused partner.

Ahhhhh Muay Thai is the art of fighting with 8 limbs: 2 hands, 2 elbows, 2 knees, 2 feet. Why just elbow and knee when you can kick? Kick ass that is... Lol

The pub is so sad. The pub part is in tact, it's the floors above that are ruined. I'm sure they'll reopen sometime. But the building still wasn't stabile as of 7 this morning. I haven't been by yet. Someone has already organized a fundraiser.

Mmmmm new gloves. Thai gloves. Mmmmmm all the hooks.

Lifted tonight. Bench is so groovy right now. OHP got it done. Repping 80% on deads and some massively killer accessory work. Let's just say those 50# DB don't move themselves.

Swordfish kebabs.... Mmmmmmm kitteh hug. Spousal unit spent day volunteering. What a man! Then he went to CF! He volunteers again all day tomorrow. He's the absolute best.

I AM going the distance

I've wanted to take a martial art for a really long time. I didn't know that many people who took one though, so I was ok. Now, I feel it very acutely. Every time I pass a place, I stop and look longingly. I really need to see if I can find the time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no signature here.

I've wanted to take a martial art for a really long time. I didn't know that many people who took one though, so I was ok. Now, I feel it very acutely. Every time I pass a place, I stop and look longingly. I really need to see if I can find the time...

Do it.  Be a trendy wendy and do it.  It's the next thing on NF now that everyone is over goruck.  Do it..... 

I AM going the distance

Do it, it'll be one more thing we can start shit talking each other about.  And when we have a meetup we can brawl.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Do it, it'll be one more thing we can start shit talking each other about.  And when we have a meetup we can brawl.

I know that if a couple of people talk about it, it's going to spread through NF so soon everyone will be all:  oh, i'm taking fighting classes.  Oh me too.  Oh me too.  I invented taking fighting classes.  No, I invented the thought of it long before you.  I can't wait to watch trendy wendy.

Do it, it'll be one more thing we can start shit talking each other about. 

I'm all for talking shit any time.  Man, I love trash talk.  Honestly, it's the best part of organized sports.  I like to just trash talk my spousal unit's teams just cause... it's funny.  I don't take much very seriously...

But we could so trash talk - about how you are taking the wrong style, about how lame your style is, about how much cooler my gloves are (bc let's be honest... they are), how sad it is you bought pink gloves..... BAM!

And when we have a meetup we can brawl.

IN!!!!!  Although amateur rules in Muay Thai mean no elbows.

All punching and no elbows makes cline a sad girl. 

I AM going the distance

I took super intro-level kickboxing classes for like 6-8 months. We had a muay thai instructor sub in one night and it was the both the most fun and the most grueling of any of the days I was there. I think he was also deaf? Awesome dude, put us through the wringer and laughed at us while we squirmed.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I took super intro-level kickboxing classes for like 6-8 months. We had a muay thai instructor sub in one night and it was the both the most fun and the most grueling of any of the days I was there. I think he was also deaf? Awesome dude, put us through the wringer and laughed at us while we squirmed.

yeah it's hard.  I try to explain that when we end up lying on the floor at the end of class it's bad.  Not like CF bad but worse.  And I mean puddle of sweat are normal.  People don't really get how hard it is.  They usually think it's kind of like tae bo. 

Warm ups are usually about 8 mins, then depending on class we have some technique drills or additional warm ups and the rest of class is some kind of practice.  Combos on pads are traditional.  Work speed, power, reaction, movement - all at one time usually.  Sometimes we do sparring rounds. 

The other night we did two 5 mins rounds of pads back to back (no switching pads - same guy goes 10 mins).  It's exhausting.  But that's not as tough as it's been.  people think it's just poking a bag or poking pads.  You can do that but what's the point? 

Here's a typical pad work round.  Imagine this 5 mins non stop.  If you think it looks easy, you must also think 5 mins non stop of burpees is easy.  Good, now rest 1 min and do it again.  No stopping, no resting, no slowing down.  Oh and your partner is in control of how fast you go.  And if you drop your hands, you get clocked.  Or you might get kicked just for fun and practice - be alert. 

I kinda like this video from my gym.  It's a bit older but it shows what goes on at fight camp and in class.  I don't do the BJJ but the rest is typical. 

It's one thing to do something with your own body weight or a barbell.  It's something else entirely when someone is fighting you.  Hard to explain. 

I AM going the distance