Swaffe takes a new turn

swaffe

Hi assassins!

You don't know me here, that is the obvious.  The perhaps less obvious things you should know about me.  I am a transplant from the druids, and at this point in time I don’t know if this is a  permeant change or just a temporary one, but here I am.  This will be my fourth challenge, but so far I’ve only completed one so far and not because I have fallen off the band wagon, but because I have the attention span of a 2 year old and forget to come back and post.  So I’m kinda officially calling it just my second.

So why am I here?  Because I have fallen in love with trying anything and everything.  I have especially fallen for body weight exercises, attempting to do hand stands, and rock climbing.  I still love my yoga, meditation, and druid roots too, but I’m taking a new path so I’m going to come hang out.

With all that said, lets get to the fun part the goals!

Main Quest: Be adaptable and become a jack of all trades!

Goal One: Keep up/improve my current fitness routine (yoga 1x a week, Body weights 3x 2x a week, indoor rock climbing 1x a week, belly dance 1x a week daily progress towards hand stands)

A=Doing every planned work outs/activities

B=Missing less than 3 planed work outs/activities

C=Missing 4-6 planned workouts/activities

F=Missing more than 7 planned workouts/activities

+2 STR + 2STA

Goal Two: Eat things nature made 5 days a week (I’m not going towards paleo here, i still plan on eating gluten free grain and legumes, but I want to eat things in their whole, unprocessed, unrefined states.  If there is a word for that let me know)

A=Eating this way for 5 days all six weeks

B=Eating this way for 4 days for 3 weeks and 5 days for 3 weeks

C=Eating this way for 4 dayd for all six weeks

F=Eating this way for 3 days or less for any amount of weeks

+4 CON

Goal Three: Try a new physical activity every week (possible ones to try: sprints, belly dancing, dips, kayaking, learning to do a cartwheel, anything else I think of) 

A=Trying something new every weeks

B=Trying something new 5 weeks

C=Trying something new 4 weeks

F=Trying something new 3 weeks or less

+1 STR +3 DEX

Life Goal: Become a better at keeping in touch (both here and in real life, by actually posting here at least once a week and talking to/seeing at least one friend a week)

A=Posting and keeping in touch with a friend every week

B=Posting and keeping in touch with a friend for 5 weeks

C=Posting and keeping in touch with a friend for 4 weeks

F=Posting and keeping in touch with a friend for 3 weeks or less

+1 WIS +2 CHA

starting stats

height: 5'4"

weight: 168lbs

waist: 31.25â€

hips: 39.5â€

thigh: 21.5â€

calf: 14.25â€

upper arm: 10.25â€

edited for changes to the orginal plan

• Like 2

Level 2 Hobbit Druid

STR 1 I DEX 2 I STA 4 I CON 5.5 I WIS 7.5 I CHA 4.75

Challenge 1 - 1.1 - 1.2 - Current Challenge

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine here.  There are a lot of yoga practicing rock climbers here in the Assassin guild.   It looks like you have a solid workout plan.  Good luck.  :)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Did someone say bellydancing??!!

Officially here and sub'd! belly_dancer-1118.gif

And a BIG......................

WELCOME TO THE BRIGADE!!!!

:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

good stuff.  sub'd.  love the eating things nature made.  i have never really bought into "paelo" since I am pretty sure our ancestors didn't eat anything like what we have today, even if it is produce.  blueberries of yesteryear where quite a bit different.  anywho, eating what nature made seems like a more appropriate take on healthy eating i guess is all i am saying.  i will be following along and am sure you will be awesome!

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

Hey Swaffe, those are some great goals! I think there's a definite crossover between the assassins and druids, so welcome, and rock on! Will be following to cheer you on!

level 2 Hobbit. Assassin-in-training

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 1

Current Challenge: There and back again

Previous Challenges 1 2

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone." Gandalf the Grey

Week One Update

Goal One: fitness routine

yoga: check

3x Bodyweight: check

rock climbing: check

hand stands: check

Goal Two: eat things nature made

check

I have made a public version of my food log for this challenge that can be found here, instead of typing it in the progress each week.  Green highlighted days are whole food days, grey days are not. Each column is a separate time eating, whether it is a snack or meal.  I basically eat when I’m hungry and stop when full so days vary a lot sometimes.  I’m also not going to worry about tiny things like a teaspoon of mustard or other such things.

Goal Three: Try a new physical activity every week

check:  This week I tried some jumps (box jumps, broad jumps, and burpes) to go along with the mini challenge

Life Goal: keep in touch 

posting here: check

talking to/seeing a friend: check (this one was a bit easy this week considering a ton of friend called for my Birthday and all I had to do was pick up, but anyway)

Mini Challenge: You gotta jump!

check: box jumps, broad jumps, and burpes doubled with my try something new goal, and squats and lunges doubled with my existing body weight routine 

Edited to actually link to the food log.

• Like 4

Level 2 Hobbit Druid

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

good stuff.  sub'd.  love the eating things nature made.  i have never really bought into "paelo" since I am pretty sure our ancestors didn't eat anything like what we have today, even if it is produce.  blueberries of yesteryear where quite a bit different.  anywho, eating what nature made seems like a more appropriate take on healthy eating i guess is all i am saying.  i will be following along and am sure you will be awesome!

I think the way foods are so different is part of my reasoning for not buying into paleo either.  The other main reason I've not bough into it is having done a full elimination diet in the past and feeling no noticeable difference with most grains/legumes.  The only thing I found to be an issue was gluten and oats.  So I avoid those but not much else that comes from nature.

Subbed! Love the "made by nature" goal. Or I guess it could be called real food eating.

Can't wait to see your progress. 

Real food is a good way to put it.  The closest I have found in the past has been clean eating, but they seem to avoid fats, and I totally don't.

Level 2 Hobbit Druid

Week Two Update

yoga: no

3x Bodyweight: check

rock climbing: check

hand stands: check

Goal Two: eat things nature made

check

check:  This week I tried belly dancing and I loved it so much that signed up for an 8 week series, so I'm trying to decide if i should drop the body weights to 2x a week for the 8 weeks or if I'll just be making an addition.

posting here: check, a day late but still

talking to/seeing a friend: check, went to a get together that my friend was having which can be a bit overwhelming but I managed

Mini Challenge: You gotta jump!

check

• Like 2

Level 2 Hobbit Druid

Very nice results for week 2! :)

Ash will be happy to see that she'll have another fellow belly dancer! :triumphant:

Why not reduce the BW workout sessions at first for those 8 weeks, and if you feel like you want to do a third, you can always go ahead and knock yourself out. :)

• Like 2

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Way to go on week 2! I'd love to try bellydancing some time too, it seems like a lot of fun. Youtube videos don't do it justice though. How are the handstands coming along? (that's on my list, too!)

Your challenge looks reeeallly challenging. You've already got a good exercise routine and diet, right? I can't imagine committing to all those things at once if starting from scratch!

Level 2 | Human | Assassin

Seeking to tap into my elf blood. 

[ STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1 ]

Current challenge

check:  This week I tried belly dancing and I loved it so much that signed up for an 8 week series, so I'm trying to decide if i should drop the body weights to 2x a week for the 8 weeks or if I'll just be making an addition.

Yep, that's how it was for me too. Love at first try!  :D

Very nice results for week 2! :)

Ash will be happy to see that she'll have another fellow belly dancer! :triumphant:

Why not reduce the BW workout sessions at first for those 8 weeks, and if you feel like you want to do a third, you can always go ahead and knock yourself out. :)

Yep, swampling is right, so glad to have a fellow belly dancer in the Brigade! :triumphant:

And that is excellent advice! Like she said, you can always add in at any point you feel ready.  :)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Sorry for being so long with out an update, thats why the mini goal is keep in touch but I’m kinda sucking at that one, but I have lumped week 3 and 4 together and will wait until week 5 is actually up to post it.  I have also changed the fitness routine to 2x body weight since I added belly dancing.  In retrospect I should have done it sooner because the belly dance was on the same day as on of the body weight sessions and silly me did both during week 3 and basically killed myself.  I was feeling physically bad for a few days after and had to skip rock climbing because of it, though if it hadn’t been for my OH urging me not to go I probably would have ended up even worse.  I have a history of over exercising and until now I didn’t realize how hard it might be to keep it in check this time around, but I guess its something i really need to watch.  Now that I’ve rambles lets go on to the actual check ins.

Week Three & Four Update

yoga: check and check

2x Bodyweight: check and check

rock climbing: nope and check

hand stands: check and check

Belly dancing: check and check

Goal Two: eat things nature made

check and check

week 3-check: I tried sprints

week 4-check: I tried kettle bells

posting here: week 3-nope  week 4-super late so half

talking to/seeing a friend: week 3-check (I went to hang out with a friend who is having a hard time)

week 4-check (I played phone tag with a friend I hadn’t talked to in a LONG while, and when we did get to talk we were only able to talk for an hour or less, but it was still so nice to talk to her again

Midway stats

height: 5'4"

weight: 165lbs

waist: 31.25â€

hips: 39.5â€

thigh: 21â€

calf: 14â€

upper arm: 10â€

• Like 1

Level 2 Hobbit Druid