BigRemy getting back on track....

BigRemy

I think back to last fall when I lost close to twenty pounds, I felt great. Now I feel like twenty pounds of shit in a ten pound sack.

My name is Joe, some people call me Remy, and I'm addicted to sugar. It fucks with any diet I try and I have a hard time staying away.

So now I'm back to square one. The difference between back then and right now was that I used to count my calories, I kept a disciplined workout schedule and most importantly, I stayed accountable on this forum, something I haven't done regularly since Christmas. It's sad and it's unacceptable. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I really don't like this side of me, and I definitely don't want this lowered self esteem as my daughter gets older and starts to understand things more. I'm depressed. I expect more out of myself. I got to do this.

Three little goals to get me back on track.

1. Count my calories. This works for me. I have a bad habit of picking up cookies, or going out for frozen custard or grabbing donuts. But when I actually see how many calories I'm actually consuming, I tend to grab a salad or a piece of fruit instead of ice cream since there's a big difference in calories. Stay under 2,000 calories with one cheat day a week.

2. Keep exercising. Run or swim three days a week, weightlifting three days a week, and disc golfing on Sundays. I know I can do this since I did it last fall for a long stretch.

3. Stay accountable. The less I post here, the more I get off track. I'm going to post every two to three days. No more excuses.

I'm back up to 252.8 and I'm hoping to be in the 230-235 range by the end of October. Here goes nothing.

Bruce Wayne: I'm not afraid. I'm angry.

Big Remy

Level 2 Adventurer

STR/ DEX/ STA/ CON/ WIS/ CHA

5.5 / 2.0/ 2.25/ 8.0/ 2.0/ 1.0

First Challenge-

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37558-ready-to-rock/

I think back to last fall when I lost close to twenty pounds, I felt great. Now I feel like twenty pounds of shit in a ten pound sack.

3. Stay accountable. The less I post here, the more I get off track. I'm going to post every two to three days. No more excuses.

When I go up in weight, I use this phrase:

Hope to see you post more.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a message (How to PM and follow/ ) or post at the Tavern (Tavern ) . Don't forget to check out the minis if you want ( Minis).

Good luck and have fun this challenge :)

Welcome back, buddy! You can do this - one step at a time, one workout at a time! If you slip up, don't get too down just try and do better at the next opportunity. 

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Welcome back, and hello from one big guy to another. (I'm steadily working on making it into the muscular version)

How much water do you drink a day? How much soda or sugary drinks do you drink each day?

Your third goal is about accountability, but I thought it had to be more health/fitness specific. I'm still figuring out things here at the site, but I wanted to double check. Would you say that this goal is more of the life-oriented kind, helping you to keep on track with your other goals, your mentality, as well as your overall focus?

If this goal could be made more health-specific, would the focus on water to sugar consumption ratio be more helpful? I know that for me, my GF, my father, and my good friend dropped some extra body fat just by kicking the sugary drinks to the curb, or reducing how much of it we were drinking.

"Madness does not a madman make." -Coyotekin

Coyotekin the level 2 Lycan Warrior
STR 5|DEX 1|CON 1|STA 2|WIS 3|CHA 3
Current challenge

Good goals now how about grading? (oh, and an update?) :) Just passing through to nag a bit...we seem to have a shared addiction though I'm trying to replace mine with working out.

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines