Developing Blissapline: Liberator's 6th Challenge

Liberator

Work in Progress!

I always over commit with my goals, but I need to follow my enthusiasm and see what happens and whittle it down as things progress. 

Challenge 6 Developing Blissapline 

Blissapline

Gratitude Statement; daily
Blind Contour drawings; daily
Yoga; daily: spine warm up and three sun salutations
Mediation: Osho meditations and Alpha beats

Weight lifting; 2-3 x week 

Work goals
Prezi art history presentations; I want to have Prehistory, African, Southeastern and Ancient Mediteranean Art completed this month

School prep: Complete all class syllabi by September 1

Hair experiments
I have very fine hair. Shampoo makes my hair too clean. One day without washing my hair it becomes greasy and limp. I have tried various "no poo" approaches. So I am trying brushing techniques and "Morocco Method" 

Skin and diet are under control and will always be a work in progress. I just can't eat nuts or ice cream and the more I avoid sugar and breads the better I feel. :)

I am grateful for beautiful sunshine. 
I am grateful for Os progress in trumpet and his successful music experiences. 
I am grateful for J's camp councils who take such good care of him.
I am grateful for the person who gave me their parking pass for four hours of free parking when I took a day trip to Toronto. It always feels  special to be the recipient of random acts of kindness.  It gives you hope in humanity and makes you want to be a better person.

• Like 1

Wonderful things to be grateful for.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I am grateful for the big swings in the park. I could even swing with J. So much fun. I loved swinging as a kid, it feels freeing and detoxifying. J kept reaching out his hand to me to hold hands while we were swinging. He was tickled that I was swinging too.

I am grateful for my husband mowing the lawn and doing the laundry.

I am grateful for the new gym membership that includes the whole family. 

I am grateful O is eating salads.

I am grateful J is home from camp.

I am grateful for my body's ability to detox and respond to changes.

• Like 1

Week 1 Wrap-up

Weight lifting: Monday and Saturday, 2 x week, Yeah!

Started the daily Blissapline on August 1 

Meditation: good

Yoga: good

Gratitude: good

Drawing: good

Hair: Brushing, ordered Morocco Shampoo will arrive next week, no shampoo this week detoxing. Really feeling the detox, that icky feeling I get from yoga, I feel in my scalp. I am wearing a ponytail most of the time, otherwise super greasy looking. It's all part of the process! :)

The hardest thing to commit to is the drawing. But I need to work through this. 

I also need to numerically track my progress, I am very resistance to this for some reason… which is why I need to do it!  

So what are brushing techniques and the "Moroccan Method"? I'm curious.

I think my hair is completely different from yours, but what works best for me is Dove soap, believe it or not. I use it only close to my scalp just so it doesn't get too greasy. The hair gets wonderfully shiny and smooth.

Well, Jujuba, if you are interested, here is the link

https://www.morroccomethod.com

And it should be Morocco Method, it's the guy's last name…oops.

I am grateful for my love of vegetables. Growing up we had a small garden so I grew up loving fresh-picked vegetables. Thanks Mom!

I am grateful for new friendship with people who share my interests and passions.

I am grateful for beautiful hydrangea bushes. Abundant blooms brighten up my whole shady backyard with carefree grace.

I am grateful for my sons' happiness. Philosopher Osho said "Happiness takes intelligence, misery is easy". So pleases both boys have the intelligence to choose happiness no matter what the circumstances.

• Like 1

It looks like you've a a great start!

I just clicked the link for the Morocco Method.  It sounds interesting!

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I am grateful for the joy of weightlifting. I love the mental work and concentration necessary to do it. I learned to smile as I get to the bar and take pleasure in the feeling of the muscles working and the challenge of facing ever increasing weight. 

I am grateful for my new favorite food, salsa with artichokes and garlic. It is so good, I eat it like it is gazpacho. I feels good to eat.

I am grateful for J's newly acquired skill of mimicking others. A behavioral breakthrough and a really good sign of cognition. It gives me hope for language breakthroughs as well.

I am grateful for J's outgoing nature, he really wants to connect with others and has a way of bonding with people that just melts your heart.

Daily Blissapline  Day 4  :peaceful: 

Yoga:  :peaceful: 

Meditation: :peaceful: 

Gratitude:  :peaceful: 

Drawing:  :peaceful: 

Hair: Brushing, waiting for my shipment of shampoos and stuff  :peaceful: 

Weightlifting:  :peaceful:  95# squat; I will be going for 100# next session. 60# Bench press; 70# Barbell row

Feeling pretty bad ass at the gym! Can't wait to be in the triple digits! 

Work Goals: 

Began syllabus.  :peaceful:

Notes:

I ate junk food yesterday and paid the price, stomach issues! My body knows best, I just need to remember to listen!  

Thank you Eve! You have such a kind and caring way of responding to people. I am happy to be a Druid with you!  :love_heart:

I am grateful for my Osho meditation series. Each day Osho's wisdom amazes me, he had such a surprising and radical viewpoint on living and meditation.

I am grateful for another successful day of Blissapline! :) I think calling it Blissapline helps me want to do it and approach things with the right attitude.

I am grateful for the day ahead filled with fun with friends and art!

I am grateful for my husband buying tickets for Steely Dan for my birthday!  

• Like 2

Hey!  

Work goals
Prezi art history presentations; I want to have Prehistory, African, Southeastern and Ancient Mediteranean Art completed this month

School prep: Complete all class syllabi by September 1

Hair experiments
I have very fine hair. Shampoo makes my hair too clean. One day without washing my hair it becomes greasy and limp. I have tried various "no poo" approaches. So I am trying brushing techniques and "Morocco Method" 

I'm behiiiind in reading threads...

Can I see your Prezi's when you're done?   I've find making them to be mind numbing, but my students loooove doing it.  I guess if they can spend a zillion hours in Minecraft then 3 or 4 hours on Prezi works.  

Have you ever used Blendspace?  I'm really getting into it this year.  We're going 1 to 1 on ipads in several grades, so I think I am going to try getting more and more students used to it.  We don't have enough resources in English (all texbooks are French) so I'm constantly chopping down forests of photocopies.  

How's the workouts?  Hows the hair?  Steely Dan!  Fun!!!

Level 3 - Person who doesn't really understand what stats are.  I know, you've explained it...

Daily Blissapline day 5

Meditation: :peaceful: 

Drawing: 2  :peaceful:  :peaceful: 

Hair:  :peaceful:  I just got an update on my shipment… schedule to arrive 8/12!! That will be over two weeks without washing my hair… ugh!

9:00 - I broke down and washed my hair, no way I was going to make it until 8/12 

I was occasionally washing with baking soda and apple cider vinegar but most days I was just brushing and rinsing it.

Weightlifting: Rest day  :peaceful: 

Work Goals: Meeting w/ Rachel to talk about upcoming school year and look at art!  :peaceful: 

Lammis,

My prezis are all public. I haven't figured out how to let others find them? I'll get back to you on that.

I haven't heard of Blendspace.

Workouts are good I am feeling bad ass in the gym. Friends are starting to call me a rockstar! Love it!

I love going to concerts! My husband loves Steely Dan and I am on his case about going out and enjoying things we love. So he bought the tickets to shut me up! Whatever it takes, I am happy to be going!

Hair is very sticky and I am wearing a ponytail all the time. But it is summer and it will be fine. :) 

In regards to your hair...do you still wet it down when you shower or have you left it completely alone?  Do you have to go without washing for a certain amount of time before using the new products?

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Blendspace is less of a presentation in the same way Prezi is, and more of a way of organizing material into a logical sequence for students to follow.  Also, they can link it to Edmodo and then you can assign tests/quizzes on material covered in Blendspace lessons on Edmodo and do all the grading there.  

This is one I did for grade 10 history.  It's pretty basic, but you can see how it functions: https://www.blendspace.com/lessons/dt-w5KXi-suEcg/edit

I trialled it a bit last year with some classes and it seemed to work really well.  The students love always being able to access the material without needing textbooks, and it's easy for me to modify/add material.

If your Prezis are public you can just pm me your username and I can search.  

No poo?  None?  And Anthony Morroco is a hair shaman?  I am really trying to keep an open mind on this one!  Tell me how it turns out.  OK, wait.  I just watched a video.  I might be a convert.  Setting without heat?  Shut.  up. 

Level 3 - Person who doesn't really understand what stats are.  I know, you've explained it...

Daily Blissapline  6

Meditation:  :peaceful: 

Drawing:  :peaceful: 

Hair:  :peaceful:  Brushing

Weightlifting:  :peaceful: I AM INTO TRIPLE DIGITS! Squat: 100#, Overhead press 50#, Deadlift: 95#

Work Goals: I need to address these more aggressively or I'll be sorry in September

• Like 1

I am grateful for control over my life.

I am grateful for the pleasant feeling I get weightlifting.

I am grateful for friends with amazing character and perseverance, lion-hearted rockstars!

I am grateful for having a family that puts time and care into their relationships and my sons get quality time with their cousins, aunts and uncles. 

• Like 2

I am grateful for my husband buying tickets for Steely Dan for my birthday!  

Happy b-day, and I'm seriously jealous of Steely Dan.

Donald Fagen is one of two my most fav musicians.

• Like 1

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Feeling the need for a little more gratitude…

I am grateful for my openness to new experiences and new people.

I am grateful for the wisdom others share with me.

I am grateful for the lessons in non-attachment the universe has provided for me.

I am grateful for the joy and forgiveness in my heart.

I am grateful for my acceptance of all of me; the believer and the doubter, the selfless and the selfish, the honest and the dishonest, the hard worker and the lazy drag-ass, the pretty parts and the "ugly" parts as well. I contain multitudes and I am one and I am ok with that. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines