The new kid says Hi!

Hello fellow nerds!

I discovered Nerd Fitness last year and figured it's finally time to join the community and introduce myself.
My name is CatBallou, I'm 26 years old (for another 25 days - clinging on to my mid-twenties for a little bit longer!) and am originally from Germany, but I've been all over the place for the past year or so, so if you asked me where home is right now I wouldn't really be able to answer that question. 

Growing up I've never been really active or into sports - I didn't particularly enjoy PE in school, didn't like team sports like volleyball or soccer, and the sports I did want to try or figured I would enjoy my parents simply couldn't afford to pay for (I've wanted to do martial arts since I was little and set my mind on actually making it happen before I hit my 30s). My physical exercise was pretty much limited to swimming and kayaking in the summer every now and then. 

Weight was never really an issue for me as I'm naturally slim, but due to my lack of exercise I was also never fit or strong. It did take me a long time to develop a healthy relationship to food and my body, but I'm happy to say that I was able to work on that in the past 6 years or so.

A while ago I started to get into running. After thinking for years I would surely hate it I decided to just give it a try, and after I shed unrealistic goals and stopped overdoing it I realized that I actually really liked it! I started to add a few body weight exercises into my week to build strength and muscle, but I'm looking into how I can optimize that as well because I think I'm not working out as efficient as I could. 

I still enjoy kayaking a lot (just got back from a kayak-tour the other day), as well as hiking, ... pretty much anything that's outside, gives me a chance me to enjoy nature, and makes me feel like an explorer. 

So! That's a little bit about me. I'm really excited about this community, the inspiration and motivation that's found here, and hope to learn from others, gain new skills, and get a little bit of help in making exercise a part of my life. 

Nice to meet y'all. :)

An official howdilly doodilly to the forums! You've definitely got the right place to learn and hit the goals you want ^_^ If you haven't already read it, the post on the Beginner Body Weight Workout is a "simple" workout that requires nothing other than you and one weight, and it gets you some solid exercise options. Best wishes on reaching your goals!

That Challenge Link Though! New Theme Song Half-Orc Level 2 STR4 DEX2 STA2 CON1 WIS3. CHA1

"The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open." Chuck Palahniuk