- The Legend of Will -

Awesome! I plan on becoming one of them thar Rangers in about 7 weeks... at least I think that's where I'll be heading.

Cool. I'm enjoying being a Ranger. I'm rereading LOTR to freshen up on what my duties will be. 

1. Paths of the Dead -- check.

2. Rule Gondor -- check....

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

New challenge completed, Will. I cheered on a bunch of Rangers in their mini-quests. I'm new to the guild, so it is helping me to get to know some people there.

How's it going? 

Hey, Will, impressive workout, as always! (16 one-handed push-ups again??? :encouragement:)

But how about the rest? What's going on?

Nice workout indeed! Cool to see that there are others among us who embrace dumb bell workouts :tongue:

Gah, I'm sorry everyone, I've been inattentive to my own thread for quite a while now. That... that is my fault :disturbed:

But, I'm over my sickness (from a week ago), and am back and feeling good :D

I won't go into daily detail of what happened during the rest of this challenge, but I will post an update of what things I DID do (exercise, volunteering, etc.), and a challenge wrap-up. From the looks of it, I won't be getting that many points, but I did do well with working out, so I'll at least get some points there. This challenge was tough, and I messed up quite a bit, but I'm glad I tried this time, unlike last time were I was completely lost.

I've just got to keep reminding myself that this is a process... it's a process man, it's a process...

Anyways, updates will be posted tomorrow! See ya' then :pride:

• Like 2

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Ok, so, let me just list here what I've done during the rest of this challenge:

• I volunteered two times:
    • Once at a family friend's house, doing yard work
      • I did get paid for that one, so I don't think it technically falls under "volunteering," but money wasn't my motivator in helping out. I just wanted to help out for the sake of helping out.
    • And once at my little sister's play. I helped with handing out pamphlets for the show.
  • I did a little bit of research for other places to volunteer, but didn't get as far with that as I would have liked.
  • Worked out four more times since the last time I posted a workout.
    • Latest workout was done on October 21 (9/21/14)
      • PLP: 76 -- Complete
      • Workout: Complete
        • Goal: 3 sets, 10 reps, 30 lbs., (Planks: 1min. 40sec.)
          • Squats (60 lbs. [30 lbs. in each hand])
          • Dead Lifts (60 lbs. [30 lbs. in each hand])
          • Bench Press (30 lbs. in each hand)
          • Bent Over Row (30 lbs. in each hand)
          • Planks (body weight)
            • 1min. 40sec.
            • 1min. 40sec.
            • 1min. 40sec.
          • [Extra] One handed Push-ups (Left Hand)
  • Like 2

Spoiler

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

Legend of Will 7: Unto Ocean's End

:END WRITE-UP:

Ok, so this was quite a difficult challenge. I didn't do as well as I had hoped I'd do... not at all :moody:

I didn't hit near as many goals as I wanted to, I messed up quite a bit, and wasn't around for the members of The Brigade as often as I should have been (extra big apologies to Swampling, Lullaby88, and Derhmos, because I didn't even get over to your threads last challenge; I'm really sorry I didn't check in with you three :().

But... aside from all that went wrong, I did still do well with my workouts. I didn't hit as many as I planed, but I know that I'm much stronger than before, and that's what counts.

So, for points awarded:

• Total: 10
    • Strength: 4
    • Dexterity: 2
    • Stamina: 4

I'm going to forgo the the grading scale that I've been using before. I've never liked how grades where used in school (you start off at the top [A] and only have downwards to go with every mistake [F]), so this time I'm just going to grade myself based on how I feel about it. From now on, I'll either go with this, or grade things not based on how many things I do within a set time period (ex: Six Week Challenge), but rather on just whether I get it done (i.e. I get x amount of points allocated to strength once I get y number of exercises done [points are added at the end of whatever challenge I complete that goal in]). That way, I won't feel like I'm losing points when I don't get things perfect. With this method, I'd always get so many points when I complete a goal, and the only variable is when I complete the goal.

Now if, for example, I didn't complete a goal, no longer feel like pursuing it, but still feel like I've grown from it, I don't know how exactly to deal with that. I guess that would have to be a case by case basis sort of thing. Maybe I could just give myself what points I think I've earned at the end of whatever challenge it happens to be in, or something. But for now, I'm not going to worry about it; I'll deal with that situation when, or if, it ever comes up.

Anyway, this challenge has really thrown me for a loop: my depression has crept back up, my anxiety has swelled, and my self-confidence had plummeted. I just haven't felt good about myself (haven't for a while really). But despite all the shit that's happened, I've learned something: these problems that I have won't just go away if I keep running away. With every challenge, I've just come up with some superfluous goals, whatever I could think of, beating around the bush instead of trying to solve the real problem. Maybe it was because I didn't even know how to solve the problem, and that I'd thought it'd gone away. That if I remained strong, it would go away; and that if it ever reared it ugly little head, it was my fault, and that I should feel ashamed.

But I want to deal with it this time. I want to finally move forward; forward from feeling lifeless, forward from feeling like I'm going to explode from fear, and forward from being ashamed to be me. And I know how to this time... at least I think I do, and I'm willing to try something new this time. What I've been doing hasn't worked so far, so I'm going to open up my mind and give a different approach a try.

I'll expand upon this further in the writeup for my next challenge...

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

I'm going to forgo the the grading scale that I've been using before. I've never liked how grades where used in school (you start off at the top [A] and only have downwards to go with every mistake [F])

I do not believe that there is necessarily any benefit to grading yourself whatsoever. At most, I see it as a way of keeping track of the areas where I need to re-evaluate the situation because I am not happy with the results. If I were to give myself an "F" on something, it doesn't necessarily mean that I failed (unless I flat out ignored it), but perhaps that I need to spend more time thinking about my actual approach to the problem and perhaps take it on from another direction.

This is sort of an "axiom" of mine: The most anyone can expect from you, including yourself, is that you are putting in the effort to try and improve or resolve something. The only true failures are to ignore mistakes or give up. Not making progress? Try another approach. Consider changing how often or in what way you measure progress.

But I want to deal with it this time. I want to finally move forward; forward from feeling lifeless, forward from feeling like I'm going to explode from fear, and forward from being ashamed to be me. And I know how to this time... at least I think I do, and I'm willing to try something new this time. What I've been doing hasn't worked so far, so I'm going to open up my mind and give a different approach a try.

This is a very difficult challenge. A most epic quest.

I don't know if this will help you, but I have learned this: It is entirely possible that most of the things you are worried about do not actually matter, other than that they are mental barriers to keep you from trying things. It may seem utterly frightening to force yourself out of your comfort zone, but you may want to ask yourself this: What do you truly stand to lose by facing your fears head-on?

In any case, I look forward to hearing more about this and your plans to deal with it. Be assured that your Brigade will be there for you.

• Like 3

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

In any case, I look forward to hearing more about this and your plans to deal with it. Be assured that your Brigade will be there for you.

^^^^ THAT. ^^^^^ 

And here I am again. And I owe you an apology for not being around more. I hope you know that even if I am sometimes...... distracted by life, I am and always will be here if you need me. I owe you more than you can know for not only stepping up to the plate and taking the lead in the Brigade, but being an endless source of support.

When I say you are awesome Will, it is wholeheartedly meant. And I firmly believe that no matter what life throws your way, you will kick it's butt.....when you're ready. ;)

Look forward to hearing about your new plans!  :cheerful:

• Like 2

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

I do not believe that there is necessarily any benefit to grading yourself whatsoever. At most, I see it as a way of keeping track of the areas where I need to re-evaluate the situation because I am not happy with the results. If I were to give myself an "F" on something, it doesn't necessarily mean that I failed (unless I flat out ignored it), but perhaps that I need to spend more time thinking about my actual approach to the problem and perhaps take it on from another direction.

This is sort of an "axiom" of mine: The most anyone can expect from you, including yourself, is that you are putting in the effort to try and improve or resolve something. The only true failures are to ignore mistakes or give up. Not making progress? Try another approach. Consider changing how often or in what way you measure progress.

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying. I've been looking at the whole grading thing the wrong way for a while, which is why I've decided on changing it.

And yeah, as long as I'm giving it a shot, that's all that matters; not if I get it right the first try.

My problem is that I haven't looked at my efforts like that. I guess I've been a bit too critical of myself for a long time now.

I'll do my best to keep that in mind!

This is a very difficult challenge. A most epic quest.

I don't know if this will help you, but I have learned this: It is entirely possible that most of the things you are worried about do not actually matter, other than that they are mental barriers to keep you from trying things. It may seem utterly frightening to force yourself out of your comfort zone, but you may want to ask yourself this: What do you truly stand to lose by facing your fears head-on?

Yes! 100% yes!

You've got it spot on! My problem is that most of my fears are in my head, and I know this, but despite that, my feelings don't change. And I've been frustrated with that for a long time now.

That tends to be the status quo for most of my fears: I'm just working myself up when there's nothing to really fear.

(And it's really been taking it's toll as of late: shortness of breath, trouble sleeping, drowsiness, etc.)

Guess it's high time I learned that just knowing things won't help me move forward, I need to act on that knowledge somehow.

Or in other words, I know I've got the courage I need, because I know I've used it before, but the important thing isn't just having it, but using it.

Thank you, that means a lot to me. I'm glad to know that you and the rest of The Brigade will be there for me :pride:

And don't worry, I'll be there for you all as well! You all are some of my best friends, and I cherish that friendship :)

I'm glad to have been able to meet you all here on NF :D

Now let's fight forward, to a better tomorrow! It won't be easy, no, not by a long shot; but it will be worth it!! So let's GO!!! :triumphant:

----------

^^^^ THAT. ^^^^^ 

And here I am again. And I owe you an apology for not being around more. I hope you know that even if I am sometimes...... distracted by life, I am and always will be here if you need me. I owe you more than you can know for not only stepping up to the plate and taking the lead in the Brigade, but being an endless source of support.

Thank you Ash, but don't worry, I understand: life can get busy :tranquillity:

And yeah, I know that you'll be there for me, we're friends after all; and likewise, I'll be there for you :)

(But hearing it still means a lot to me, so thanks :rapture:)

And thanks, I was just trying to be as awesome a leader as you, the other co-leaders, and Hero. I was worried that I was slipping up, but I'm glad to know that you still felt I was doing a good job.

And as for the endless source of support, well, that's what friends are for :D

When I say you are awesome Will, it is wholeheartedly meant. And I firmly believe that no matter what life throws your way, you will kick it's butt.....when you're ready.

Look forward to hearing about your new plans!

Again, thank you! Your belief in me means more than you know :pride:

And with your, and The Brigade's support, I know I'll overcome this problem of mine!

I can do it! We can do it!

Let's GO!!! :triumphant:

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

THE LEGEND OF

Will 8:

MAJORA'S MASK – Part I

LoZMM_Nov052014_A02.jpg

Majora’s Mask, to me, is a game about how even in the darkest depths of despair, one can find hope, and strive toward better days. The land of Termina has been thrown into chaos, anger and sadness run rampant, and the fear of death from the falling moon looms ever closer with each passing day; but through it all, Link fights forward, showing the people of the land that they too can change their fate if they just reach out to one another.

But throughout Link’s journey, he not only helps the people of the land, but helps himself as well. Having left Hyrule lost in confusion and loneliness, he searches for his friend Navi, who had left him after his last adventure had come to a close. But in the midst of his travels, he’s ambushed, and after a valiant chase after the assailant, he finds himself trapped in the body of a Deku Scrub through dark magic, left with a new fairy partner, Tatl, and lost in a new world on the verge of destruction.

Through his efforts to help the people of Termina, and to return to his former self, he grows and learns about himself. By healing tortured souls through the Song of Healing, he gains magical masks, bestowed with the power to transform him into the likeness of those he’s healed. Through this, he begins to see the world through the eyes of others, and greater compassion and empathy is formed in his heart.

And by helping the people of the land, he gains greater insight into his own plight, for the people’s sadness reflects his own. And through this, he comes to understand that although he may have lost one friend, he has made many more in the form of those whom he’s helped and saved.

But the fight to change the fate of the land, and his own, are not easy. Darkness and despair hide within every corner, and with each passing day, the moon creeps ever closer to the land. With the world on the verge of its end, Link must rewind the same three days until he’s grown strong and wise enough to stop the moon from crashing into Termina; and only with the help of his newfound friends can he accomplish that.

However, despite the odds, Link continues on, determined to save the land of Termina, and change its, and his, fate.

--

For this challenge, I’m going to take the inspiration I’ve gained from Majora’s Mask, and use it as this challenge’s theme. But it won’t be the only focus this time. Despite it being the theme, unlike previous challenges, where the theme was the sole focus, this will just be the main one. Really, for this challenge, I’m going to take anything and everything I’ve learned from Zelda, and use it as a driving force forward! From The Wind Waker’s themes of change and choosing your own destiny, to Skyward Sword’s themes of awakening one’s true potential, to Ocarina of Time’s themes of growing up and moving forward.

And like the Transformation masks in Majora’s Mask, I’ll use these stories to help me see my situation and the world from different angles.

--

I’ve gotten my hands on a book called The Mindful Way Workbook, which my therapist had recommended. In it is an eight week program that it says will help me with depression and emotional distress. I know it says it only takes eight weeks, but I’m going to stretch it out in order to make sure that I really learn what it has to teach me. Like with my exercise goals, it only really matters if what I’m doing is sustainable. If I just rush through it, like I’ve done with other goals in the past, trying to make sure that I complete it by the end of the challenge, then I just end up stressed and burnt out.

Each chapter pertains to a week, and it has day by day things in which I can work on.

So for this challenge, I have it set up like this:

• For each chapter in the book, I spend two weeks on it – each week is like the Three Day Cycle in Majora’s Mask, and at the end, I “reset time†and begin again.
    • I repeat this process until I get two weeks down without missing any days.
      • If I happen to miss a day, I can “rewind†back to that day the next day, and try again. Once I get that day down, I can move on to the next day in that chapter.
      • For chapters seven and eight, I need to go through each for three weeks.
    • After chapters one through three are completed, the last three days of chapter three are Dungeon Workouts:
      • Day 5 - Dungeon Workout
      • Day 6 - Dungeon Workout
      • Day 7 - Boss Dungeon Workout 1:
        • Masked Jungle Warrior: Odolwa
    • After chapters four through six are completed, the last three days of chapter six are Dungeon Workouts:
      • Day 7 - Boss Dungeon Workout 2:
        • Masked Mechanical Monster: Goht
    • After chapters seven and eight are completed, the last three days of chapter eight are Dungeon Workouts:
      • Day 7 - Boss Dungeon Workout 3:
        • Gargantuan Masked Fish: Gyorg
  • After I’ve completed all the chapters, I go through it all again, but this time each chapter is contained to only one week.
    • After chapters one through six are completed on the second run through, the last three days of chapter six are Dungeon Workouts:
      • Day 7 - Boss Dungeon Workout 4:
        • Giant Masked Insect: Twinmold
    • After I complete chapter seven, and two days of chapter eight, I face four Mini-Dungeon Workouts, and the final fight with Majora over the course of those last five days:
      • Day 3: Mini-Dungeon of the Child wearing Odolwa’s Mask
      • Day 4: Mini-Dungeon of the Child wearing Goht’s Mask
      • Day 5: Mini-Dungeon of the Child wearing Gyorg’s Mask
      • Day 6: Mini-Dungeon of the Child wearing Twinmold’s Mask
      • Day 7: Fight with Majora’s three forms -
        • Majora's Mask
        • Majora's Incarnation
        • Majora's Wrath
      • Dawn of a New Day…

--

• The schedule, without any missed days:
    • Challenge 1:
      • Weeks 1 & 2:
        • Chapter 1
      • Weeks 3 & 4:
        • Chapter 2
      • Weeks 5 & 6:
        • Chapter 3 - Boss Dungeon Workout 1: Odolwa
          • Level up to LEVEL: 7
            • 3 points to Wisdom
            • 2 points to Charisma
    • Challenge 2:
      • Weeks 1 & 2:
        • Chapter 4
      • Weeks 3 & 4:
        • Chapter 5
      • Weeks 5 & 6:
        • Chapter 6 - Boss Dungeon Workout 2: Goht
          • Level up to LEVEL: 8
            • 3 points to Wisdom
            • 2 points to Charisma
    • Challenge 3:
      • Weeks 1 - 3:
        • Chapter 7
      • Weeks 4 - 6:
        • Chapter 8 – Boss Dungeon Workout 3: Gyorg
          • Level up to LEVEL: 9
            • 3 points to Wisdom
            • 2 points to Charisma
    • Challenge 4:
      • Week 1:
        • Chapter 1
      • Week 2:
        • Chapter 2
      • Week 3:
        • Chapter 3
      • Week 4:
        • Chapter 4
      • Week 5:
        • Chapter 5
      • Week 6:
        • Chapter 6 – Boss Dungeon Workout 4: Twinmold
          • Level up to LEVEL: 10
            • Take away 5 points from the pool you can give to yourself, and save adding them until after the Last Battle.
              • I.e. only give yourself 10 points to use for any stat other than Wisdom or Charisma
      • Week 7:
        • Chapter 7
      • Week 8:
        • Chapter 8 – Four Mini-Dungeons & Final Fight with Majora
          • 3 points to Wisdom
          • 2 points to Charisma

--

Now, like I said above, it’s ok if I don’t meet the timeline. It’s just there to demonstrate what it looks like. I earn points when I complete a Boss Dungeon Workout, and they are spaced out to be 6 weeks apart from each other under ideal conditions.

As for other goals, my workout goals are the same: Continue with the program I have until I reach PLP 100. Once I reach that, I’ll start over at 20, and add one handed Push-ups.

And I plan on volunteering again this time, but more so than during my last challenge. My goal is to volunteer for at least 14 days this challenge.

--

Goals:

• Follow the plan I made for The Mindful Way Workbook
  • Continue to strive towards PLP 100
  • Volunteer for at least 14 days

(I will flesh out the Dungeon, and Boss Dungeon Workouts later, along with figuring out how to award points to the last two goals)

--

The land of Termina represents my life right now,

n3ds_thelegendofzeldamajorasmask3d_illus

Majora’s Mask represents my depression and self loathing,

20141106021440!MM3D_Skull_Kid_Poster.png

And the falling Moon represents my crippling, and ever growing, anxiety and fear.

MM3D_Nintendo_Direct_10.png

But throughout this journey, I will learn how to save this land, and heal myself as well. As I travel from Swamp, to Mountain, to Ocean, to Valley, I will find my way forward, while helping out people along the way. The destiny of this land can be changed, and I will change it. With the help of my friends, I’ll overcome the darkness of this world, and bring hope back to the people’s hearts, and my own. So let's GO!!!

MM3D_Link_Masks.png

• Like 4

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Excellent. That is quite the elaborate plan you have there, but it looks like you're intent on taking it on with good pace (you know, the whole "spread over 4 challenges" thing!).

...I also feel like I need to actually play Majora's Mask through now. I've only completed all of the NES/SNES/N64 Zeldas through to Ocarina of Time. How terrible of me :o

• Like 1

Gargoyle Assassin

Love the theme!  Majora's Mask is one of the games I missed back when I played my N64.  I've always wanted to play it; perhaps someday I'll get me a copy (and a controller since mine are all broken).  Best of luck!

• Like 1

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

Fabulous Will! You will ROCK those goals! 

So proud of you for the positive steps you are taking to face your challenges head on.  :)

That's what makes you so awesome.  ;)

• Like 2

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Huh, I guess I did miss out on some stuff by never playing video games, Zelda sounds kind of awesome :D

I've struggled a lot with depression in the past (under control atm, thankfully) because I get seasonal affective disorder (which is kind of a bitch if you live in one of the Nordic countries, let me tell you), and I actually read that a lot of research indicates mindfulness might be theost effective treatment for depression. So I think your challenge could be a really good way to get working on that! I actually read this book by this British woman (Ruby something?) called sane new world that talks about some of that of you want some more coherent info on it than I can muster. A small disclaimer though - it's not the most well written book in the world in my opinion, but I still found the subject interesting enough to finish it. Plus she has some background in neuroscience and psychology if I remember correctly.

Anyway, how have the first few days been going? Anything to report yet?

• Like 2

All or something. All or something. *deep breath* All 👏 or 👏 something 👏

Excellent. That is quite the elaborate plan you have there, but it looks like you're intent on taking it on with good pace (you know, the whole "spread over 4 challenges" thing!).

...I also feel like I need to actually play Majora's Mask through now. I've only completed all of the NES/SNES/N64 Zeldas through to Ocarina of Time. How terrible of me

Yep! I'm gona' make sure that I really take in what this book has to offer!

And as for Majora's Mask, Nintendo's making a remake of it for the 3DS! So you could always pick up a copy once it's out :D

Love the theme!  Majora's Mask is one of the games I missed back when I played my N64.  I've always wanted to play it; perhaps someday I'll get me a copy (and a controller since mine are all broken).  Best of luck!

Thanks!

Ahh, the N64... brings back so many good memories :distracted:

Fabulous Will! You will ROCK those goals! 

So proud of you for the positive steps you are taking to face your challenges head on. 

That's what makes you so awesome. 

Yes I shall! I'm determined to make it to the end of this a better person than when I set out! And with you and the rest of The Brigade by my side, I know I'll get there :D

Heh heh, thanks :redface-new:

Huh, I guess I did miss out on some stuff by never playing video games, Zelda sounds kind of awesome

I've struggled a lot with depression in the past (under control atm, thankfully) because I get seasonal affective disorder (which is kind of a bitch if you live in one of the Nordic countries, let me tell you), and I actually read that a lot of research indicates mindfulness might be theost effective treatment for depression. So I think your challenge could be a really good way to get working on that! I actually read this book by this British woman (Ruby something?) called sane new world that talks about some of that of you want some more coherent info on it than I can muster. A small disclaimer though - it's not the most well written book in the world in my opinion, but I still found the subject interesting enough to finish it. Plus she has some background in neuroscience and psychology if I remember correctly.

Anyway, how have the first few days been going? Anything to report yet?

Well, if you ever want to start with the series, Ocarina of Time 3D, The Wind Waker HD, and/or A Link Between Worlds would be good games to start with :)

I'm glad you've got it under control right now; depression can really suck when it hits :moody:

And yeah, that's what I've been hearing as well, that mindfulness can really help. That's why I want to give this a try :rapture:

The book sounds interesting! I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy :)

Ehh, the first few days have been slow. Monday, I didn't get much done, and yesterday the power went out before I could put up an update. Right now, I, along with my Mom and little sister, are over at a friend's house. The power still hadn't come back on by the time we woke up, and the fire place wouldn't light because the lighter, flame, thing was blown out by the wind (and apparently you can't light it back up without electricity [it's a gas powered fireplace]); since it was getting quite cold in the house, we left to our friend's house.

I'll get an update up today :rapture:

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Stay warm and stay safe! :love_heart:

Thanks Swampling :)

The power came back on around 5pm (my little sister was notified by one of her friends), so we came back home. It's still kind of chilly in my room, but at least there's heat and electricity :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ :The Legend of Will 8: ]

[ = Week One = ]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• (Monday - 11/10/14) Week 1 [First Round] - Day 0
    • Mindfulness Quest
      • The Mindful Way Workbook: Didn't get to the book today
    • Workout Quest
      • PLP: 77 -- Complete
    • Volunteer Quest
      • Nothing on that front yet
    • Notes
      • Well, I didn't get much done in the way of goals, but I did finally get in a PLP workout again. It's been a while since I'd worked out last, so it was quite hard getting to 77 (I felt like I was going to throw up), but I got it in! Woo!
  • (Tuesday - 11/11/14) Week 1 [First Round] - Day 0
    • Mindfulness Quest
      • The Mindful Way Workbook: Read a little bit on the way to my therapist's office, but I still have a bit of reading to do before the program actually starts (the first week is a few chapters in [i'm just referring to the first week in the book as "chapter one" to keep things from getting confusing here].
    • Workout Quest
      • Rest day
    • Volunteer Quest
    • Notes
      • Well, today was interesting. The power went out all over the neighborhood, so my little sister and I set up flashlights all over so that we could see. I was planing on updating yesterday, but I guess I procrastinated too long. Got to get these updates out before power-lines start failing :lol:
  • (Wednesday - 11/12/14) Week 1 [First Round] - Day 0
    • Mindfulness Quest
      • The Mindful Way Workbook: Didn't get to the book today
    • Workout Quest
      • Workout: Kinda' completed (?)
        • Push-ups
        • Body Weight Squats
          • 20 (I think, I wasn't really paying attention)
        • One handed Push-ups
          • Left
          • Right
              • (10 total)
        • One legged squats
          • Left
          • Right
              • (5 total)
        • Notes:
          • Did this to stay warm this morning, because I was feeling quite cold (along with pacing around the house).
    • Volunteer Quest
    • Notes
      • Well, today was quite interesting. First, the power hadn't come back on yet, so it was quite cold. Because of that, I decided to do a mini-workout to keep myself warm. Once everyone was up, and ready, we hopped into the car and went off to a friend's house (they still had power). Once we got there, we let out are dog, Honda, to go play with our friend's dogs: Vincent (I think that's how you spell his name), and Peaches.

For a while, things seemed to be going fine. Honda has had bad experiences with Peaches in the past, but this time was shaping up to go well. That is, until they attacked each other.

(Warning: it get's a bit graphic here, so if you don't like hearing about blood, skip to below the "--")

Everything was calm in the living room, and then suddenly the two of them are at each other's throats. As soon as I hear the growling and barking, I looked up from my laptop and saw the tow of them flailing about. By the time I got my laptop off of me, blood was flying everywhere! I grabbed onto Honda's collar and pulled her back as Montie (I think that's how you spell his name) did the same to Peaches. He quickly took Peaches outside, and I held Honda down.

At first I thought that Honda had bitten into Peaches, because when I looked up, there was quite a lot of blood on peaches left shoulder; but as Montie found out, the blood had come from Honda. Upon closer inspection, it seemed that Honda had cut her tongue on Peaches collar; she had tried to go for her neck, and the only thing stopping her was that collar!

After checking on Peaches, it looked as if she hadn't been injured. That collar and her thick coat where the only things protecting her.

All in all, it was a... strange experience for me (and I assume for everyone that was nearby as well). After things had calmed down, I helped clean up all the blood on the floor, and tried to go back to what I was doing. Luckily, no one (other than Honda) was hurt.

--

(for those who didn't read the above stuff, rest assured that no one got hurt [other than our dog Honda, but she only bit her tongue])

And so, after that whole thing, I went and got myself caught up with a few of the threads from The Brigade. I still have a bit of reading to do before I'm fully caught up with everybody, but I'm making my way there :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

I just looked up what PLP is. It sounds intense! I'd feel like throwing up after 77 too.... How's that working out for you?

Also... one legged squats?! Do you add weight?

And yes... keeping up with the entire Brigade is challenging... I am beginning to think it may be best to do that once a week. It is awesome though!

• Like 2

Gargoyle Assassin

I just looked up what PLP is. It sounds intense! I'd feel like throwing up after 77 too.... How's that working out for you?

Also... one legged squats?! Do you add weight?

And yes... keeping up with the entire Brigade is challenging... I am beginning to think it may be best to do that once a week. It is awesome though!

The PLP is working quite well for me. I don't follow the program exactly how Steve put it: rather than doing it every day, I try to do it every other day, and aim for one more than last.

I usually do it in sets of 10 as well: 10 Pull-ups, 10 Push-ups, 10 Lunges, rest, repeat.

No, can't add weight to those yet. Nowhere near good enough at them to be able to do that safely. My main problem with them is balance (I just keep falling over). Plus, I think the most I've done is 10 before I couldn't do anymore. So I've got a ways to go with them :rapture:

Yep! Awesome it is :D

Glad to hear that the electricity is back and that you're all okay (well, except for Honda's brawl...)!

And yeah, Honda seems to be doing ok today :rapture:

Man that must have been scary with the dogs.  Glad ultimately no one was truly hurt!

Also that PLP program (after I looked it up) is intense!  Way to go!

Actually, I didn't really feel scared during it, rather, more frustrated that they were fighting again. I've dealt with them fighting in the past, and I was really hoping that Peaches would just leave Honda alone this time. Oh well, I guess we'll just keep them separate if we ever have to bring Honda over again :suspicion:

But yeah, thanks! And I'm just glad no one was hurt as well :rapture:

Heh heh, Thanks :D

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Dude that PLP challenge looks INTENSE. What. I don't even know how anyone can do 60 pull ups in a day (though in the video Steve is doing chin ups so I guess if you can do chin ups instead of pull ups its slightly less insane, but still pretty much certifiable). 

For one legged squats are you doing legit pistol squats? Because that is going on my 2015-goals-list  and if you have them conquered you are already awesome and should be giving (me) lessons.

• Like 1

Dude that PLP challenge looks INTENSE. What. I don't even know how anyone can do 60 pull ups in a day (though in the video Steve is doing chin ups so I guess if you can do chin ups instead of pull ups its slightly less insane, but still pretty much certifiable). 

For one legged squats are you doing legit pistol squats? Because that is going on my 2015-goals-list  and if you have them conquered you are already awesome and should be giving (me) lessons.

Yep, it is :D

Yeah, I felt the same way when I first started the PLP challenge. But I found it quite fun just trying to get one more than last time! Every time I do it, I get a chance to beat my previous record; and once I do, I feel great :D

As for the one legged squats, I just looked up pistol squats, and I guess that's what I've been doing. I didn't know the name for it, so that's why I just referred to them as "one legged squats."

Heh heh, thanks :D

But I don't think I'd be the best teacher, since I'm still struggling with them myself :lol:

I did, however, find this video: Pistol Squats

Hope that helps :)

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

As for the one legged squats, I just looked up pistol squats, and I guess that's what I've been doing. I didn't know the name for it, so that's why I just referred to them as "one legged squats."

Heh heh, thanks :D

But I don't think I'd be the best teacher, since I'm still struggling with them myself :lol:

I did, however, find this video: Pistol Squats

Yeah, I've been watching Al Kavadio's tutorials on pistol squats too (actually I've been watching a LOT of different tutorials, but his seem to be the best ones). Well, I'm excited to get started on that in January  :redface:

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been watching Al Kavadio's tutorials on pistol squats too (actually I've been watching a LOT of different tutorials, but his seem to be the best ones). Well, I'm excited to get started on that in January  :redface:

Oh neat! I just stumbled across that video today :tongue:

But yeah, anyway, good for you for the pistol squat goal! You'll do awesome :encouragement:

And I, along with The Brigade, will be there to cheer you on once you start :D

(and we'll continue to cheer you on before then as well; gah, you know what I mean :lol:)

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears