- The Legend of Will -

[ :The Legend of Will 7: ]

[ = Week Two= ]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• (Thursday - 9/25/14) Day Eleven: Getting stronger!
    • Main Quest
      • PLP: 69 -- Complete
      • Workout: Complete
        • Goal: 3 sets, 8 reps, 30 lbs., (Planks: 1min. 30sec.)
          • Squats (60 lbs. [30 lbs. in each hand])
          • Dead Lifts (60 lbs. [30 lbs. in each hand])
          • Bench Press (30 lbs. in each hand)
          • Bent Over Row (30 lbs. in each hand)
          • Planks (body weight)
            • 1min. 30sec.
            • 1min. 30sec.
            • 1min. 30sec.
      • Stretch: Complete
      • Bed: Incomplete
    • Life Quest
      • Volunteer: Incomplete
      • Skills: Incomplete
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
      • Cook: Incomplete
    • Notes:
      • Well, today's workout was all kinds of epic! And it wasn't even as difficult to make it to 50 PLP as before. Usually that's where I start to really get tired, and struggle to make it to the end goal, but no, I made it to PLP 69 without too much trouble. Granted, it was still difficult, and I was on the ground gasping for breath by the end, but hey, I'm at least getting stronger! As for my Mom's birthday, I had to play the idiot and pretend like I'd forgotten about it so she wouldn't suspect anything was up. Unfortunately, she's a bit ticked off by that, so I'll apologize once the party starts.
  • Like 2

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

...Aaaaaaaaand done! Got all the updates up :rapture:

Aaaaaaaaaand AWESOME!!!!  :encouragement:  :encouragement:  :encouragement:

Seriously kicking butt on that workout Will. Just exactly what I would expect from a BRIGADE co-leader. ;)

Awwww, aren't you sweet! :D I'm sure your mom will completely forgive you. :)

Hope the party was a blast and I'm super proud of you for doing that workout even with those people near. Way to smash fear! :triumphant:

Have a most excellent weekend my friend! :cheerful:

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

[ = Week Two= ]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• (Friday - 9/26/14) Day Twelve: Party time!!! Woo!!!
    • Main Quest
    • Life Quest
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
    • Notes:
      • Well, that party went off without a hitch: Mom was thoroughly surprised, and my Sister and I apologized for having lied to her about forgetting her Birthday; she didn't mind. As the party went on, Mom and her friends conversed, ate, and had fun. I enjoyed listening to the stories of my Dad and one of my Mom's friends: they kept talking about some lawyer firm and a big scandal that had gone on. I can't remember the details, but it was interesting none the less.

The only part I didn't really like that much was when my Mom's friend asked me how my "love life" has been; I just chuckled and told her the truth: "nonexistent" (I just really don't want to pursue a romantic relationship with anyone right now; especially not after last time :nonchalance:). It was awkward. But said awkwardness was slightly alleviated when she preceded to ask the same question to my Sister, for now we could both bask in the awkwardness. Watching her cringe as she answered was amusing- I MEAN, I felt sorry for her, for I am a loving and caring Big Brother. Yeah, lets go with that...

But seriously, in all honesty, that was a very small part of what went on, and the party as a whole was quite enjoyable. I'm glad my Mom was able to have so much fun with her friends, and she really enjoyed herself (not to mention, she really liked the gifts she got as well [my Sister got the gifts while I helped set up stuff, so good job Little Sis :encouragement:]). Other than that though, not much else happened today; just another rest day. But even though I hit none of my goals, I was still able to help throw a fun party for my Mom, so I'd say today was a good day :D
  • Like 1

Spoiler

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

Aaaaaaaaaand AWESOME!!!!  :encouragement:

Seriously kicking butt on that workout Will. Just exactly what I would expect from a BRIGADE co-leader. ;)

Awwww, aren't you sweet! :D I'm sure your mom will completely forgive you. :)

Hope the party was a blast and I'm super proud of you for doing that workout even with those people near. Way to smash fear! :triumphant:

Have a most excellent weekend my friend! :cheerful:

Gah, I'm late to responding again. My bad :nevreness:

Haha, thanks!

Yep, she did! She was completely fooled :playful:

Yes it was :triumphant:

And yep, I feel just that much more comfortable working out in front of others now! :pride:

Thanks! The weekend was so-so, but I got all three workouts in, so that's good! You shall see even more ass kicking in the next few updates! Let me just finish writing them up...

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Two= ]

• (Saturday - 9/27/14) Day Thirteen: Not much... is going on...
    • Main Quest
    • Life Quest
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
    • Notes:
      • Well, not much happened today. Didn't get around to my workout, and didn't do much else. Well... onto tomorrow I guess...

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Two= ]

• (Sunday - 9/28/14) Day Fourteen: Boss Battle!!!
    • Main Quest
      • PLP: 70 -- Complete
        • Goal: 4 sets, 8 reps, 30 lbs., (Planks: 1min. 30sec.)
          • Planks (body weight)
            • 1min. 30sec.
            • 1min. 30sec.
            • 1min. 30sec.
            • 1min. 30sec.
          • [Extra] One handed Push-ups (Left Hand)
      • Stretch: Incomplete
    • Life Quest
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
    • Notes:
      • Woo! Got my workout in! That's three out-a three! Awesome! Buuuuuuut, I didn't really hit any of my other goals, so boo on that front. I can do better! But hey, at least I've improved over last week so hurray for that! Now, onto Week Three!!!
  • Like 1

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

:The Legend of Will 7:

= Week Two=

=WRAP-UP=

• GOALS MET
    • MAIN QUEST
      • PLP
        • 3/3 -- Complete
      • Workouts
        • 3/3 -- Complete
      • Stretch
        • 1/3 -- Ehh, so so
      • Bed
        • 0/7 -- Incomplete
    • LIFE QUEST
    • Volunteer
      • 1/7 -- Room for improvement
    • Skills
      • 0/7 -- Incomplete
    • DIET/FITNESS QUEST
      • Cook

0/7 -- Incomplete

--

• NOTES
    • Well, a lot of this week has been taken up by helping with the party, but the payoff was worth it! Unfortunately, there've been some unrelated stressors that I've been dealing with, that have been getting my so worked up that exercising was the only way to make me feel better. It's mainly been just in my head, but it's been a lot of negative thoughts about where I am, and who I am, so that's been difficult to deal with. I wouldn't call myself "depressed" as of now, but I do think that some remnants of my depressive period still linger. Most of which is an overly critical mindset towards myself, so I'm still dealing with that. And just general fears, and feelings of "I should already have EVERYTHING figured out" despite that notion being completely ridiculous.

It's been hard moving forward, and every step I've taken this past week to better myself has taken a huge chunk of will power each time. But because I thought of all of you on here, my friends, and how hard you've all been fighting as well, I figured that I can't just sit by the wayside and mope around. You've all helped me get to where I am today, and I owe it to you, and myself, to continue on! Plus, I'm a co-leader, I won't just give up; I've got a team to help lead :pride:

So yeah, sometimes, Life can suck, but I don't suck; and neither do any of you! Even if sometimes, my mind tells me I'm a loser, I know that I can prove it wrong! And with the help of all of you, my friends, I know I'll be able to prove those doubts wrong every time! And going forward, I'll keep doing my best to replace those doubts with beliefs in myself!

Anyways, enough of me rambling, let's get onto Week Three! HELL YEAH, LET'S KICK SOME ASS!!! :triumphant::tyrannosaurus::triumphant:
  • Like 1

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

:The Legend of Will 7:

= Week Three=

FIGHTING BACK AGAINST DOUBT

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Three= ]

• (Monday - 9/29/14) Day Fifteen: Running in the rain
    • Main Quest
      • Bed: Complete
    • Life Quest
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
    • Notes:
      • Well, I ran a lot. I left my house around 12pm, and ended up back home 2pm. Granted, I didn't run the whole time, I took breaks where I walked, and the last few miles I had to walk because my feet where getting really sore (to the point that it hurt a bit [don't worry, I got better]). I was feeling REALLY stressed out about the stuff I talked about in the Week Two wrap up, so I decided to just run off the stress; it didn't work. But at least I went to be at a decent time (8:30pm) because I was exhausted and just didn't feel like doing anything other than sleeping :sleeping:

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Three= ]

• (Tuesday - 9/30/14) Day Sixteen: Cleaning the house
    • Main Quest
    • Life Quest
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
    • Notes:
      • After a talk with my Mom, I started to feel much less stressed about the stuff that's been bothering me, so that was good. Afterwards, I began my new chore of cleaning the entire house (kinda). I started vacuuming the carpets, but found that to be incredibly boring, so I busted out my iPod, and started listening to Game Grumps as I did it. It made doing chores 1,000 times more fun! As I was vacuuming and sweeping, there where times where I started to get into laughing fits so bad, that I just had to stop and let it all out. Ahh, it was fun. But yeah, vacuuming and sweeping where all I got to today, because Mom was going to show me how to clean the bathrooms, but she was busy, so I (guess I) got the ok to go goof off for the rest of the day. But those bathrooms shall be cleaned... as soon as I know how exactly to clean them...
        Ehh, onto tomorrow!
  • Like 1

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Three= ]

• (Wednesday - 10/1/14) Day Seventeen: Time to fight! Up the reps!!!
    • Main Quest
      • PLP: 71 -- Complete
        • Goal: 2 sets, 9 reps, 30 lbs., (Planks: 1min. 35sec.)
          • Planks (body weight)
            • 1min. 35sec.
            • 1min. 35sec.
    • Life Quest
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
    • Notes:
      • Well, I WAS gona' learn how to clean the bathroom today, buuuuuuuut, Mom was busy again, and had to leave for most of the day, so I sat around a lot. Granted some of the "sitting around" was me feeling sick to my stomach and having a headache, so that wasn't pleasant. Don't know why, just felt sick, but luckily, it went away. Decided that today shouldn't be a total waste and I should at least get my workout in, so I did. Went to the trails once again, and this time it wasn't too dark, but it was getting there, and I didn't want to risk it, so I left for the park (call me a wuss, but unless there's a GOOD reason I should go into the woods at night time, I'm staying away; it's just too spooky for me). There where people at the park once again, but it didn't bother me anywhere near as bad as before, and I got my PLP done in no time! Then once I got back home, got the rest of the workout in, and called it good.

Figured that it would be important to catch myself back up on my posts here, so I've gone ahead and done that. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow (well technically, in the morning as of right now), it's too late for me to read stuff right now, 'cause I'm getting really... I'm getting... really... ZZZzzzz :sleeping:

(*snore*) *HUH, WAZAT, WHERE AM I!?* Huh... oh, must have dosed off. Anyways, I'm all caught up now here, so I guess I'll see you all in the morning :D

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Hey, Will. I'm sorry you're having some tough times. I'm sure the exercise will help. Downer thoughts are difficult to deal with. I like your goal of volunteering. That really carried me out of myself. I don't always like it, but it's an obligation I can't ignore, so it actually works. :)

I really liked your mini-challenge of checking in with everyone. It gave me a chance to finally tune in to where everyone was. I don't often do that; I put in so many hours at my job and other activities that online forums fall rather low on the list. Which is really bad of me, because I really love the atmosphere here. I guess we all do what we can do. 

The Acountabilibuddies list didn't seem quite complete compared to the activity we've had on the thread. To be safe, I commented on all the following folks:

X TwoToneWA
X Swampling
X AshPS
X Hansjay
X Tearose
X Lullaby88
X Forkboy
X PhDifferent
X Cinalyc
X drc242
X DWD
and you, of course. Thanks again for all you do for this forum. Keep up the good work, especially about avoiding cleaning that bathroom. ;)
Cheers!
  • Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

One handed push-ups, nice, color me impressed.

Heh heh, thanks :D

Hey, Will. I'm sorry you're having some tough times. I'm sure the exercise will help. Downer thoughts are difficult to deal with. I like your goal of volunteering. That really carried me out of myself. I don't always like it, but it's an obligation I can't ignore, so it actually works. :)

I really liked your mini-challenge of checking in with everyone. It gave me a chance to finally tune in to where everyone was. I don't often do that; I put in so many hours at my job and other activities that online forums fall rather low on the list. Which is really bad of me, because I really love the atmosphere here. I guess we all do what we can do. 

The Acountabilibuddies list didn't seem quite complete compared to the activity we've had on the thread. To be safe, I commented on all the following folks:

X TwoToneWA
X Swampling
X AshPS
X Hansjay
X Tearose
X Lullaby88
X Forkboy
X PhDifferent
X Cinalyc
X drc242
X DWD
and you, of course. Thanks again for all you do for this forum. Keep up the good work, especially about avoiding cleaning that bathroom. ;)
Cheers!

Yeah, the downer thoughts can suck, but working out, and coming here always seems to help me get in a better mood :pride:

Oh, and you'll be glad to hear that I volunteered this last Monday... kinda. I got paid for my work, because I was helping out a family friend clean their yard and whatnot, but still, it helped take me away from the negative thoughts I'd been having and focus on helping someone else :)

And thank you so much for checking in with everyone, that means a lot to me! I'm very happy to know that everyone's connecting with each other :rapture:

And I'll keep doing my best! I've slipped up these past six days, not updating, being absent, and whatnot, but I'll get that turned around tomorrow morning ('cause staying up any later tonight won't help me get stuff done [i've learned that the hard way])!

Oh, and I got the bathrooms cleaned too :playful:

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

One handed push-ups?! (ITS GOKUUUUU!!)

This message was convincingly brought to you by, "my imaginative brain" and my "nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 2

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Aw, it's great to have you back, Will. Wow, some nice things happening in your life! I'm referring, of course, to the bathrooms. :P

No, seriously, I think your life experience is informing the work that you're doing here in NF, which in turn is enriching a lot of people's lives. So, go you! It's great to hear your positive progress and I'm proud to be in your Brigade. :)

• Like 3

Level 9 Ranger

One handed push-ups?! (ITS GOKUUUUU!!)

I'm goin' Super Saiyan!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

(*Gasp*)

*hah* *hah* *hah* Takes a lot of screaming... let me just *hah* catch my breath...

Aw, it's great to have you back, Will. Wow, some nice things happening in your life! I'm referring, of course, to the bathrooms. :tongue:

No, seriously, I think your life experience is informing the work that you're doing here in NF, which in turn is enriching a lot of people's lives. So, go you! It's great to hear your positive progress and I'm proud to be in your Brigade. :)

Heh heh, thanks!

I enjoy helping out here, it's fun :D

But one thing: it's OUR Brigade; you, and everyone else, are just as much a part of it as I am! remember that ;)

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Three= ]

• (Thursday - 10/2/14) Day Eighteen: Rest day
    • Main Quest
    • Life Quest
      • Skills: Complete
        • Note: Researched classes I could take at REI. I think I'm gona' go for the hiking and photography ones.
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
    • Notes:
      • N/A

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Three= ]

• (Friday - 10/3/14) Day Nineteen: More rest days....
    • Main Quest
    • Life Quest
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
      • Cook: Ehh, kinda'
        • Note: Well, I helped with making dinner. So I didn't cook everything, but I helped, so half credit.
    • Notes:
      • N/A

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Three= ]

• (Saturday - 10/4/14) Day Twenty: Even more rest days....
    • Main Quest
    • Life Quest
    • Diet/Fitness Quest
    • Notes:
      • Cleaned the Bathrooms. That's about it.

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

[ = Week Three= ]

(Sunday - 10/5/14) Day Twenty-one: Training time, yet again!

• Main Quest
    • PLP: 72 -- Complete
      • Goal: 3 sets, 9 reps, 30 lbs., (Planks: 1min. 35sec.)
        • Planks (body weight)
          • 1min. 35sec.
          • 1min. 35sec.
          • 1min. 35sec.
  • Life Quest
  • Diet/Fitness Quest
  • Notes:
    • N/A
  • Like 2

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

New challenge completed, Will. I cheered on a bunch of Rangers in their mini-quests. I'm new to the guild, so it is helping me to get to know some people there.

How's it going? 

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

New challenge completed, Will. I cheered on a bunch of Rangers in their mini-quests. I'm new to the guild, so it is helping me to get to know some people there.

Awesome! I plan on becoming one of them thar Rangers in about 7 weeks... at least I think that's where I'll be heading.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.