Saturday Workout:

Deadlift (62.5Kg): 3x8 (Not sure if it was lingering soreness or just being off, but these felt much worse than last time around and my back wasn't feeling all that great for a while afterwards )

Paused Leg Press (100Kg): 3x12 (Let's call this paused because I don't know what else to. Essentially, I had a really hard time with the very first rep when I got to 120, 130 and 140Kg, with all subsequent reps being less difficult than the first due to not being out of a dead stop and not that deep. While that allowed me to rep out more weight, it made going up in weight increasingly difficult, because I was barely able to get the first rep in to begin with. I figure this is a good time to remove that problem, by doing nothing but "first reps" so to say. This was already quite difficult at 100Kg)

Leg-Curls: (30Kg): 3x12 (-)

Leg-Extensions (30Kg)3x12 (-)

Supposed to be 95% and well, it pretty much fits, aside from the deadlifts which are not heavy enough for 95%, but technique sucking today so yeah, I'll take it. The 3x12 OHP at 22.5Kg on Wednesday combined with the 4x8 Rows + possibly the pulldowns left me with an extremely sore mid and lower back that I still felt today and likely played a part during those deadlifts. I really hope they won't leave me all that sore, I need a good "95%" upper body workout tomorrow.

Weight: 62.1Kg
Calories: ~?

Estimated Surplus: ~?

Another failure of a day diet wise, just like the day before. I can't seem to get things under control for more than a day or two and I'm not sure what to do other than trying to do better the following day.

How about a glass of purgatory with a splash of heaven?

My back still bothered me from those deadlifts yesterday, but I managed.

Sunday Workout:

Incline Bench-Press (42.5Kg): 4x8 (The last two sets were quite difficult, but I guess that was to be expected after this long of a timeframe since the last time I benched 47.5)

Rows: (40Kg): 4x8 (As above, this felt much heavier than last time I did 40 for 10/8/8. The jump to 45 is pretty substantial so I will not go there just yet)

Overhead-Press (25Kg): 3x12 (These were quite the struggle, but I was surprised my back held up and I even got all 36 reps even tho the last wasn't too pretty)

Lat Pulldown (35Kg): 3x12 (-)

Single Arm Pushdown (5Kg): 15, 14 (-)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (7Kg): 2x15 (Damn these made my biceps burn, but in a good way.)

Upper body at 95%, but in many spots felt like or actually was 100% already. Anyhow, I'm glad to finally be done with the deload. Sure, Bench and  Pulldown aren't at 100% yet, nor are Deadlifts and my new gym opening up in 6 days (I cannot fucking wait!) will certainly change some things too (flat bench finally if I'm lucky), but still, I get to exert myself during workouts again which was desperately needed from a mental standpoint and I really hope that getting back up in weights training wise will also help me keep my nutrition in check better.

Weight: 61.7Kg
Calories: ~2698

Estimated Surplus: ~298

I certainly gained some not so quality weight these last 15 days, but so be it. What's most important is not letting myself go too much more in the future. The plan was to bulk straight through until at least October 1 and I will not stop before, so I better make sure there is not too much preventable fat gain.

Sunday's upper body workout left me very, very sore, especially in my lats and low-mid back, but also my biceps, upper pecs and delts. I was debating whether or not I should skip today, but taking two rest days again wouldn't sit well with me. Instead, since my back and lats were still not in shape to lift anything, I decided to opt for a lower body workout thad excluded deadlifts in the hopes that giving those body parts full rest will enable me to have a good first non-deload upper body workout tomorrow.

Tuesday Workout:

Deadlift (62.5Kg): /

Paused Leg Press (110Kg): 12, 12, 9 ()

Leg-Curls: (32.5Kg): 3x12 (-)

Leg-Extensions (32.5Kg)3x12 (-)

This felt quite good.

Calories: ~3055

Estimated Surplus: ~655

I ended up on the high side on Monday due to finally watching Captain America: Civil War, but I had a ton of fruit and a fair amount of veggies, overall a very micro-heavy day, so there's that at least. Today, I got "surprised" by a free pizza which screwed things up a bit.

Despite skipping deadlifts the day prior, my lats and mid back were still very beaten up, but I was ok to train.

Wednesday Workout:

Incline Bench-Press (45Kg): 4x8 (I struggled a bit here and there, but overall still pretty satisfied with the result)

Rows: (40Kg): 4x8 (No fun with a sore back but oh well)

Overhead-Press (27.5Kg): 11, 9, 8 (Heavy af)

Lat Pulldown (40Kg): 12, 12, 10 (-)

Single Arm Pushdown (5Kg): 15, 14 (-)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (8Kg): 14, 13 (Really enjoying these.)

Not bad for my first non-deload upper body day. Also, the last workout in this gym, with Sat/Sun being the first in the new, much awesomer gym with Hammer Strength stuff and all that jazz.

Weight: 62.2Kg
Calories: ~3681

Estimated Surplus: ~1281

I just could not stop eating after that workout above. I finished it with about 1200 calories to spare, but still ate 900 more. At least today (Thursday) I'm not all that hungry, sitting at 1800cal at 7 pm, not feeling like I need more food. I'm wondering whether I should eat something anyway, simply to facilitate recovery, because I'm extremely sore again. We'll see. Either way, the nutrition situation is very frustrating, but I'm confident that things will improve now, with the new gym, being done with the deload and at a higher bodyfat percentage again.

I managed to eat well and hit my calorie goals the last two (rest) days and recovery also went better. Today was the first workout in my new gym and boy is it awesome, one of the most amazing gyms I've ever seen period.

Saturday Workout:

Deadlift (65Kg): 3x8 (Hammer strength plates, bars and platforms, damn this is awesome. I could even do RDLs since you can customize the platform and HD rack however you feel like, but I plan to stick with these for now. They didn't feel too heavy, but since the last ones were a week ago, I expect some pretty nasty soreness. Oh well. Up?)

Leg Press (80Kg): 12, 12, 12 (A very different machine, but so much better in so many ways. Angle is better, I go deeper and I can increase in 2.5Kg steps and don't need to do it paused either. Hamstring activation is much better too and it counts the reps for you, lmao. Up)

Leg-Curls: (35Kg): ? (Can't really count these, but I really struggled a lot with this machine due to the tons of different ways to set this up and nothing felt really good. I will try the lying leg curl machine they have next time and they also have one or two other, different sitting leg curl machines too)

Leg-Extensions (35Kg)3x12 (This machine clicked immediately, setup was clear and all is well. Up)

I'm pretty beat up, but so happy about the gym. I love it. Once I was finished, I fucked around with some of the upper body exercises I intend to do tomorrow and quite a bit will change. Unfortunately, I cannot do flat bench just in the designated area (arms still too short), but will have to set up a bench etc. in the racks each time. But hey, that also means that I can use safety bars whenever I like which means I never have to be afraid of failing a lift and getting crushed by the bar again. The chest supported row will take some getting used to, but again, 2.5Kg increments will be really great. Overhead pressing will be kind of problematic due to the lack of 1.25Kg (and even 2.5 to an extent) plates, but frankly, I might see if I find a machine that I like and do that instead. My low-mid back ends up being ridiculously sore from the OHP and using machines also removes the issue of where to put the head so that the bar can travel up in a straight line. The Lat Pulldowns are kind of weird with their weights, maybe I'll have to do the switch to a machine here as well. And lastly, the cable towers are set up very differently and I'll need to figure stuff out there too. So really, only the incline curls should remain as is, but I haven't seen them so who knows. 

Weight: 61.6Kg
Calories: ~2700

Estimated Surplus: ~300

3 days of hitting my target. I'm trying to let the new gym motivate me. That and the fact that I need to know where I'm at both weight and maintenance wise to properly navigate this bulk further. Who knows whether 2700 is even a surplus now (pretty sure it is) and how large.

• Like 1

My lower body is really sore already, but thankfully my back was more or less fine despite deadlifting for the first time in a week. Both of my triceps and lats, especially on the left, were sore too, which worried me more, but I wasn't gonna rest today, that's for sure.

Sunday Workout:

Flat Bench Press (40Kg): 4x8 (It took a while to figure out the ideal setup and of course it's not perfect because the height the weight is racked at is a tad too low, but it's still miles better than anything I've had over the past 18 months. Other than that my sore triceps gave me some problems and I decided to take things easy at 40Kg, slowly going up from there)

Chest-supported Rows: (40Kg): 4x8 (I managed to set the machine up better and I think I can do this for a while. This will be a good compromise in terms of taking away strain from my lower back because of the below. Up)

Overhead-Press (30Kg): 8, 8, 7 (So I was about to start doing these on another machine, but I actually found some 1.25 and 2.5Kg plates. Again, the setup in the rack is suboptimal, but I'll manage. I went to 30Kg because that's the smallest normal plate size and I just can't bring myself to OHP 27.5 with a 2.5 and a 1.25Kg plate on each side. I'll simply progess these up to 12 reps and go from there. And yeah, these were heavy as fuck and my back will certainly be equally as sore)

Lat Pulldown (42.5Kg): 12, 12, 12 (I found a nice machine with 2.5Kg increments that feels good. This was still fairly easy so, up)

Single Arm Pushdown (5Kg): 15, 15 (Found a great cable tower + handle for these. They even have 0.625Kg increments which is just bonkers. I love this so much. Up.)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (8Kg): 15, 13 (Yup, still heavy. New dumbbells and benches take some getting used to in terms of grip/shape)

This was good. Now I spent like 3 hours there, figuring stuff out, trying things and such, so it wasn't exactly a full on, hard workout, but I will be very sore nonetheless. Also, I cannot wait to train again. I will be back tomorrow for some tanning, sauna etc., maybe watch some Netflix while walking on a treadmill too and no I'm not fucking kidding, haha.

Weight: 61.9Kg
Calories: ~2854

Estimated Surplus: ~304

Since I had to walk home from the gym and burned a lot of cal in general, I decided to up intake by ~150 and no worries, I made that decision before I had my last 1200 calories for the day. ;)

• Like 1

Went into this with very sore rear delts and pecs and some sore spots in my upper back, but I wasn't worried. Moreso about tomorrow but we'll see.

Tuesday Workout:

Deadlift (67.5Kg): 3x8 (Quite heavy, not sure about form due to no easy way to record here, but my back felt fine afterwards. Up)

Leg Press (82.5Kg): 12, 12, 12 (Up)

Leg Curls: (22.5Kg): 3x12 (Yep, the lying variant feels a lot better. Unsurprisingly I can't move as much weight with it compared to the sitting one, but that's ok. Up)

Leg-Extensions (37.5Kg)3x12 (Still pretty easy. Up)

Well, it seems I can really go to the gym any time I want now. It doesn't matter if I'm there during peak hours or not, it's never really full or really empty so yeah, this will be a major shift in a positive way. I will be able to get more/better sleep due to not "having to" go so late, nutrition will be easier since I can have more food after training and will spend less time "waiting to work out" and I'll probably perform better since I can go when I feel my best and not when I'm tired and should be about ready to go to bed.

Calories: ~2782

Estimated Surplus: ~282

Another pretty active day, I decided to up target kcal by 100 for today. 6 days of hitting my target calories and I'm feeling confident that I'll be able to keep this up. The new gym, the better gym times and the fact that I desperately need the information of a constant intake to gauge my weight progress and how the bulk will go from here all motivate me a lot to keep my diet in check and I've also managed to get back to intermittent fasting regularly.

Thank you! :)

Workout for Wednesday:

Flat Bench Press (42.5Kg): 4x8 (Still not incredibly heavy. Still working on form. Up)

Chest-supported Rows: (42.5Kg): 4x8 (Still pretty easy. Up)

Overhead-Press (30Kg): 4x8 (Decided to increase to 4 sets as long as I'm not getting up there to 12 reps and all which'll hopefully be remedied soon)

Lat Pulldown (45Kg): 3x12 (Getting more difficult. Up)

Single Arm Pushdown (5Kg): 15, 15 (Apparently, I had this set at 4.375Kg last time because I suck at math, so this was 5Kg and it was pretty difficult already and thus more in line with the same exercise in the old gym. Up)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (8Kg): 15, 15 (Not exactly sure what to do now. This was really heavy and going up another 2Kg seems insane, but I guess I have little choice.Up..)

I was done with this workout and home before 8 pm so yeah, as mentioned, the new gym is all sorts of awesome! Other than that, this was by the numbers, as I'm still closing in on actual working weights with half of the exercises, but I'm excited for what's to come.

Weight: 62.3Kg
Calories: ~2702

Estimated Surplus: ~302

A semi-surprise all you can eat Mongolian buffet visit with work threw a wrench into my pretty disciplined diet, but I didn't go over too much (maybe a couple hundred over my 300 surplus) and it was one out of the last 10 days so eh. Work was downright brutal and paired with 2 scheduled rest days, I wasn't in the best place mentally. Thankfully it's weekend, I get to train, enjoy food and relax, yay. Also, since switching Gyms, sleep has been very good consistently which rocks.

Workout for Saturday:

Deadlift (70Kg): 3x8 (I played around with sumo for a bit, because I never really gave it a real try. I spent 2 hours watching tutorials and trying stuff out, but to no avail. While it feels easier which is not surprising given my anthropometry, I have huge issues with the knurling and my hands both scrubbing against my pants, making for a lot of friction which is hindering me a lot. After being pre-fatigued, I was surprised by how good the conventional deadlifts felt. Up)

Leg Press (85Kg): 12, 12, 12 (Fairly difficult but still doable. Up)

Leg Curls: (25Kg): 12, 12, 9 (Quite heavy towars the end. I decided not to grind since I noticed how my hips start shifting sideways in order to somehow make more reps which can only be trouble. Clean or not at all is the mantra)

Leg-Extensions (40Kg)3x12 (Really digging these. Probably gonna reach working weight next time around. Up)

Great workout. Got there around 12:45, finished around 2:15. Yes, noon/afternoon. Have I mentioned how much I love this gym? It has air-conditioning too, which is yet another great advantage over the old gym where I would've felt like fried chicken 10 minutes in given the humidity and heat today.

Weight: 62.0Kg
Calories: ~2753

Estimated Surplus: ~303

Since I walked around a bunch and did all that extra sumo work as well es some extra grip work, I figured I might increase calories a bit. Besides, I've been on 2400 for a while now and while I've had more than a few days where I overshot that target a lot, this still leads me to believe that I might not be in much of a surplus at all with that intake anymore. Hence I will add 50cal to my TDEE and thus target permanently.

Also, to back this up a bit with data, my 7 day average weight for the last 9 days was 62.1Kg and while part of that was the flattening of the prior spikes (individual weigh-ins as high as 63.0), even before those 9 days it was a couple at 62.2 and a couple at 61.9 and then, like 2 1/2 weeks ago, it was 61.8/6/3/4, but I've overeaten a great deal since then so yeah, 62 is roughly where I'm standing at and 2700 has me more or less maintain. I might even have to increase further than to 2750, but we'll see about that after I have more data.

Workout for Sunday:

Flat Bench Press (45Kg): 4x8 (I recorded two sets to work out some things and I think it will be helpful in improving form further. I'm getting closer to working weights, but with more efficient technique and a surplus, I should still be able to go up by 2.5Kg a couple times more. Up)

Chest-supported Rows: (45Kg): 4x8 (Getting harder, but still very manageable. Up)

Overhead-Press (30Kg): 10, 9, 9 (A big improvement and the last rep still wasn't too much of a grinder. Hopefully I get to see 12 soon)

Lat Pulldown (47.5Kg): 3x12 (These are starting to get pretty hard. Up)

Single Arm Pushdown (6.25Kg): 12, 15 (Alrighty, let's get those tricpes growing)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (9Kg): 12, 13 (Thankfully I overheard someone mention another dumbbell area and while it was easy to overlook, I found it and the much needed 9Kg ones which spared me the leap from 8 to 10. Still quite heavy, but that's a good thing)

Awesome workout. My upper back, forearms and hands were sore from the grip training (amazing what a few isometric holds with 80/90 Kg can do)

Calories: ~2754

Estimated Surplus: ~304

Work is very stressful at the moment, but everything else is looking good. Sleep could be a bit better I guess, but with the humid, very warm weather, there's only so much you can do about that.

Workout for Tuesday:

Deadlift (72.5Kg): 3x8 (As good or "light" as 70 felt last time, these felt much heavier than that. Maybe part of that is the difference between working out on a Saturday after almost 10 hours of sleep, no work, going to the gym around 1 vs going after 7 1/2ish hours of sleep, a long, tough day at work, arriving around 7 pm with one less day of rest too. Anyhow, up)

Leg Press (87.5Kg): 3x12 (Heavy. Up)

Leg Curls: (25Kg): 3x12 (I struggled, but got there. Up)

Leg-Extensions (42.5Kg)3x12 (Still digging these. Up)

Pretty good all things considered.

Weight: 62.4Kg
Calories: ~2744

Estimated Surplus: ~294

Stats for Monday:

Calories: ~2759

Estimated Surplus: ~309

Another very long day at work. I intended to go to the gym earlier than yesterday in order to not have to eat so much so late which impaired sleep last night, but alas, I had to work overtime and got home about 75 minutes late. Combined with the stress, the subpar recovery and the lower back soreness from Tuesday and well..

Workout for Wednesday:

Flat Bench Press (47.5Kg): 8, 8, 8, 7 (I bonked against the safeties about 5 times across all sets, lost balance once and on a bunch of reps I then didn't even touch my chest because i was afraid of hitting the safeties again. I tried setting them up lower but then they're completely worthless. By the last set I was completely toast and I decided not to grind out a super ugly 8th rep just for the sake of it. In the future, I'll just bench without safeties and clips and simply push the weights to one side if I have to bail. Theoretically, I shouldn't fail too often anyway and it makes little sense to impair basically every single rep just in case of something that might occur once per month or so. I will still go up though, because I'm confident that I can get 50Kg on Sunday done if I'm better prepared and follow the above)

Chest-supported Rows: (47.5Kg): 4x8 (Getting harder, but still manageable. Up)

Overhead-Press (30Kg): 3x8 (Regression always sucks, but I guess between everything going on and what the bench will have done to my shoulders and triceps, this was to be expected. 1-2 reps weren't great and my lower back feels accordingly, but nothing too bad. Just super bummed about not only not progressing, but getting worse)

Lat Pulldown (50Kg): 3x12 (At least something that went decently. Up)

Single Arm Pushdown (6.25Kg): 14, 12 (meh)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (9Kg): 13, 11 (meh²)

Meh³.

Weight: 62.5Kg
Calories: ~2751

Estimated Surplus: ~301

Workout for Saturday:

Deadlift (75Kg): 3x8 (Thankfully, these felt lighter than 72.5 on Tuesday. Up)

Leg Press (90Kg): 3x12 (Not too heavy. Up)

Leg Curls: (27.5Kg): 3x12 (Up)

Leg-Extensions (45Kg)3x12 (Up)

Great one.

Calories: ~2709

Estimated Surplus: ~259

Workout for Sunday:

Flat Bench Press (50Kg): 8, 8, 7, 6 (Well, so much for going up 2.5Kg every workout. I felt better than Tuesday, but not great either, more middle of the road-ish. Still, this wasn't bad. I'm hopefully gonna get 4x8 next time)

Chest-supported Rows: (50Kg): 4x8 (Probably looking at working weights soon. Up)

Overhead-Press (30Kg): 10, 10, 9 (Back where I was last Sunday. Hopefully things go further up next time)

Lat Pulldown (52.5Kg): 12, 12, 10 (Hello working weights)

Single Arm Pushdown (6.25Kg): 15, 14 (-)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (10Kg): 11, 11 (Since they decided to move the 1Kg-incremental Dumbbells into the VIP area I was forced to go either 8 or 10 so of course I went up. They were decent enough I guess)

Pretty good.

Weight: 61.6Kg
Calories: ~2749

Estimated Surplus: ~295

Weird weight drop, despite a ton of tuna salad, chocolates, cherries late yesterday. Maybe a cortisol drop and water release from the relaxation during the 3 day weekend. Should rebound quickly.

Workout for Tuesday:

Deadlift (77.5Kg): 3x8 (Pretty heavy. Up)

Leg Press (92.5Kg): 3x12 (Pretty heavy too. Up)

Leg Curls: (30Kg): 12, 10, 9 (-)

Leg-Extensions (47.5Kg)12, 12, 11 (-)

Today was one of these days. I didn't let it irritate me too much and adapted as needed. Pretty pleased with how this one went, especially in light of how I felt all day.

Calories: ~2805

Estimated Surplus: ~305

Weight is seemingly not going up, but my eating schedule has been kind of irregular, distorting the weigh-in results somewhat. I'll see that I normalize this and check whether I actually need to increase intake or not. Today was more active so I alotted 50cal more, but the goal for now is still 300 above 2450 which I estimate to be my current TDEE.

Workout for Wednesday:

Flat Bench Press (50Kg): 8, 8, 8, 6 (Only one more rep. The first set was horrid and I surprised myself with the following two. I managed to record the 3rd and 4th and hopefully I can use that to further improve technique)

Chest-supported Rows: (52.5Kg): 4x8 (Up)

Overhead-Press (30Kg): 9, 8, 7 (This is getting real tedious. My lower back was fried from the Deadlifts and my shoulders from the bench earlier but still, come the fuck on..)

Lat Pulldown (52.5Kg): 12, 12, 10 (-)

Single Arm Pushdown (6.25Kg): 15, 15 (Up)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (10Kg): 9, 9 (sigh)

6.5 hours of sleep can't be  the only explanation for this. A lack of calories certainly wasn't it either. Whatever, this was pretty disheartening. Let's hope Sunday will be better.

Calories: ~2759

Estimated Surplus: ~309

I am trying to resume my IF eating schedule in order to make the weigh-ins more reliable, but the very much slowed down progress leads me to believe that I might need to up intake a bit. I'll review this at the end of the week.

Workout for Saturday:

Deadlift (80Kg): 8, 7, 6 (Felt shitty, looked shitty, yup)

Leg Press (95Kg): 3x12 (Ok. Up)

Leg Curls: (30Kg): 3x12 (Found a little technique improvement and managed all 3, yay. Up)

Leg-Extensions (47.5Kg)3x12 (Decent. Up)

The deadlifts sucked, everything else was good, not sure what to make of this day. I slept plenty the past two days, made sure I'm recovered, ate enough beforehand..but still couldn't make 3x8 happen and was utterly frustrated because of it. Hell, even the first set I probably should've stopped at 7.

Calories: ~2740

Estimated Surplus: ~290

Stats for my two rest days:

Thursday:

Calories: ~2769

Estimated Surplus: ~319

Friday:

Calories: ~2766

Estimated Surplus: ~316

Weigh-ins slowly have been starting to creep up, but I'm not sure it's at a fast enough clip given my weight and my subpar progress in the gym. I will monitor this for another couple of days and go from there.

Workout for Sunday:

Flat Bench Press (50Kg): 8, 7, 7, 6, 6 (Two reps less today. The last rep of the first set was pretty grindy already and overall technique felt off and tightness just wasn't there or didn't stay throughout the sets. I did a fifth set for 6 with a different setup which felt better I think, but man this is as frustrating as it gets)

Chest-supported Rows: (55Kg): 4x8 (Getting more difficult. Up)

Machine Shoulder Press (15Kg): 3x12 (I already picked a pretty challenging weight. Immediately I could feel how the shoulders are the limiting factor here and not lower back/technique as was the case with the OHP, so that's a big plus. Also, my lower back didn't mind this at all)

Lat Pulldown (52.5Kg): 3x12 (The last two reps were rather grindy and my left long head of the tricep was really screaming, but I made it. Up)

Single Arm Pushdown (6.88Kg): 14, 13 (Weird increments I know, but hey I'm happy they're available this small)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (10Kg): 13, 12 (Super surprised about this, but also happy)

After the first four sets of benching I felt like just going home and never coming back to the gym. I also figured I must be eating too little to get stronger. Well, I was quickly proven wrong by the remaining lifts. Still, I'm at a point right now where I'd rather err on the higher side and gain a little more fat than on the lower side and stall both in terms of weight gain and more importantly in terms of strength gains. The idea of waiting until I stall (with either) before increasing calories might seem sensible for someone who wants to super lean bulk or someone who is intermediate to advanced, but I feel that right now, with easily 8-13Kg of bulking to go before I should even entertain the idea of cutting again, I need to make sure that I can fuel those workouts and the muscle building I am going for. All that being said, I'm not going to go crazy, but increasing calories by 100 to 2850 results in 700 extra calories per week which would roughly translate into an extra 138g per week or an extra 417g per 30 days which should be more realistic for a goal of a 300 calorie surplus.

Calories: ~2847

Estimated Surplus: ~297

• Like 1

While being less stressful, today was still very annoying in many ways and I arrived at the gym irritated, plagued by my stupid allergies and with slightly sore hamstrings still. My lower back felt ok in general, but the first few warmup sets of deadlifts it felt pretty bad.

Workout for Tuesday:

Deadlift (80Kg): 3x8 (While they felt very heavy and the last rep wasn't too great, they were still miles better than last time around and that is with the above factoring in. 82.5Kg shouldn't be impossible on Saturday provided I'm well rested and all)

Leg Press (97.5Kg): 3x12 (Ok. Up)

Leg Curls: (32.5Kg): 3x12 (A bit grindy towards the end. Up)

Leg-Extensions (50Kg)3x12 (Finally a challenging weight. I barely made all reps and likely will not do so the next time which is a good thing. Up)

Pretty good I guess. Unexpectedly so. Now I just need bench tomorrow to go well. Only 7 more workouts before my scheduled deload, so I really gotta make them count.

Weight: 62.9Kg
Calories: ~2831

Estimated Surplus: ~281

Stats for Monday:

Weight: 63.1Kg
Calories: ~2863

Estimated Surplus: ~313

The higher food intake combined with very salty and carb heavy nutrition these days made an impact on the scale, but I won't overreact. All going according to plan.

Workout for Wednesday:

Flat Bench Press (50Kg): 4x8 (Yes! And they didn't even feel too difficult. Form certainly was spotty at times and I still got there. Up, finally)

Chest-supported Rows: (57.5Kg): 4x8 (Still not working weights, but close. Up)

Machine Shoulder Press (17.5Kg): 12, 12, 10 (Sweet)

Lat Pulldown (55Kg): 12, 10, 9 (Good)

Single Arm Pushdown (6.88Kg): 15, 12 (Triceps were toast after the presses and still 15 for the first is great)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (10Kg): 15, 12 (Damn, nice)

"Only 7 more workouts before my scheduled deload, so I really gotta make them count." Sure did. The best workout in a while.

Calories: ~2843

Estimated Surplus: ~293

As expected, weight is fluctuating back down a bit. I IFed today and had Chinese food late so I might see a spike again tomorrow. All good, thanks to the mighty 7 day averages that steer my bulk.

Today was a bit weird and I messed up scheduling and food, but oh well, diet was stellar 3 weeks straight. My allergies are giving me a bit of a beating, but I'm powering through it. I wish I would've gotten to the gym earlier than 5 pm or with not that much food eaten, but I tried my best. My left knee felt sort of strange and hurt on and off all day, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me from working out.

Workout for Saturday:

Deadlift (82.5Kg): 3x8 (The bar is starting to slip for the last few reps at this weight and after going with mixed grip, but really not liking the feel, I guess I will return to using straps for my working sets again. The weight felt very heavy, but when using mixed grip, it felt pretty do-able all of a sudden. I'm curious how 85 will feel with straps next week, but I am hoping I can progress further. Still, all of these lifts are PRs since I never did this much for more than 6 with my best being 6x90 and 3x92.5, but at around 67kg though admittedly while cutting )

Leg Press (100Kg): 3x12 (Very difficult. Up)

Leg Curls: (35Kg): 12, 12, 10 (Heavy)

Leg-Extensions (52.5Kg)3x12 (Barely made it. Up)

Despite the circumstances this was actually pretty good. 5 more workouts before I will deload.

Weight: 63.0Kg
Calories: ~3973

Estimated Surplus: ~1423

Well, this sucked, but at least I screwed up mostly post workout and on carbs. I knew I shouldn't have bought pretzles and ice cream, but after doing so well for so long with my diet, I thought I might have it figured out. I thought wrong.

Stats for my two rest days:

Thursday:

Weight: 63.3Kg
Calories: ~2830

Estimated Surplus: ~280

Friday:

Weight: 63.3Kg
Calories: ~2839

Estimated Surplus: ~289

Workout for Sunday:

Flat Bench Press (52.5Kg): 8, 8, 8, 7 (Not sure if I could've gotten the 8th of the last set, but my spotter took over before I was able to find out. Not complaining tho, I was struggling for sure. Still, this was some great progress from not being able to get 4x8x50Kg one week ago)

Chest-supported Rows: (60Kg): 4x8 (Very difficult. Up)

Machine Shoulder Press (17.5Kg): 3x12 (Pretty heavy for the last set, but I made it. Up)

Lat Pulldown (55Kg): 3x12 (Very difficult. Up)

Single Arm Pushdown (6.88Kg): 15, 15 (Very stoked that I managed this, despite the progress in the push exercises. Up)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (10Kg): 7 at 12Kg, then 13, 10 at 10Kg (I screwed up, thought I had managed 2x15 last week and went up which means a huge jump to 12Kg and the results as was to be expected were rough, so I went back down to where I should've been anyway)

4 more sessions until my deload and it's apparent that I'm driven to make the most out of them. I've already woken up super sore in my glutes, back, hams and somewhat upper back which makes the above all the more impressive, but that as well as my left elbow and knee are telling me it is time to take it easy for a while so I'm actually looking forward to the two deload weeks, especially the first one.

Weight: 64.3Kg
Calories: ~3332

Estimated Surplus: ~782

The weight spike is no surprise, but I'm disappointed that I failed two days in a row. I mean yeah, it's been two training days and great ones at that with most of the junk coming around and after workouts, but still..not good. I'll be travelling two days for work next week and while I'm looking forward to visiting Italy for the first time, I'm a little worried about nutrition, obviously.

It is extremely hot and humid right now, my allergies have only gotten better slightly and worst of all, the aforementioned soreness especially in my glutes had only improved somewhat, but could still very much be felt. Regardless, the deload is close and I needed to get some quality workouts in beforehand.

Workout for Tuesday:

Deadlift (85Kg): 8, 8, 6 (The first time back lifting with straps and just like the first time, it felt a lot better. My form was a bit weird in some parts, not sure if it was because of the glutes, trying something a little different or the straps, but it was on and off. I probably should've left it at 7 for the 2nd set, but was too stubborn to do so. My back felt very pumped, but nothing was actively hurting as far as I could tell. Using the massage bed that thankfully was free helped too )

Leg Press (102.5Kg): 3x12 (Sill very difficult. Up)

Leg Curls: (35Kg): 3x12 (Some rather short reps, but I made it. Up)

Leg-Extensions (55Kg)3x12 (Pretty rough. Up)

Good stuff. More than happy with this.

Calories: ~2750

Estimated Surplus: ~200

Those two days of overeating left their mark, but I also started taking creatine again on Thursday (figured with the lower amount of meat consumption I might get a use out of it now), so that might explain some of the weight gain as well.

Stats for Monday:

Weight: 63.9Kg

Calories: ~2872

Estimated Surplus: ~322

Edit: I just realized that I mis-scheduled my deload, because if I would do it as planned, I would have two rest days, my last two regular workouts, my two deload workouts and then two rest days opposed to how it should be: regular workouts, two rest days, then my first complete deload week, then the second, then my first regular week back etc. It's not as big of a deal, but this would keep happening throughout all deloads if I don't change it and so I'd rather get it over with now. I don't think postponing the deload by two workouts will be too much of a problem, I am having great workouts and don't feel too burned out just yet.

I don't know when the last time was that I went into a workout with this level of soreness, but my lower back was in really rough shape. My upper back/lats were better, but still not ideal. I might've put the massage bed on too strong of an output which might've caused some added soreness, but realistically, given the soreness in my hamstrings, it was likely the deadlifts, the 8th of the 2nd in particular. Again, nothing is injured or actively hurting, no worries here.

Workout for Wednesday:

Flat Bench Press (52.5Kg): 8, 7, 7, 6 (I never felt tight, unsurprisingly and thus technique suffered. Shame)

Chest-supported Rows: (62.5Kg): 8, 8, 7, 7 (Working weights right on time for the deload eh..)

Machine Shoulder Press (20Kg): 12, 12, 10 (Unexpectedly good)

Lat Pulldown (57.5Kg): 12, 12, 10 (Very difficult)

Single Arm Pushdown (7.5Kg): 13, 13 (-)

Seated Incline DB-Curls (10Kg): 15, 13 (-)

Well, there goes the 8-day streak of great workouts. Opposed to what I wrote in the post before, I will do the smart thing in order to reschedule the deload days to their proper spot and prepone the deload instead of postponing it. Now today's workout's subpar results are only a minor reason. More importantly, my body really is starting to ache. My left wrist started to hurt completely out of the blue yesterday evening after the lower body workout (screams overuse) and hasn't improved since. I managed to train with it today, but that didn't feel too great. My shoulders are starting to creak a bit and my left elbow has been bothering me for some time now. Add to that general fatigue and the fact that the prescribed duration of each cycle in this plan is 4 to 6 weeks before going back to a 2-week submaximal runup and not 6 weeks flat and I'd rather err on 5 1/2 than 6 1/2. Also, with 2 days of travelling, I have no idea how food and stress in general are going to look like on Saturday so I prefer to have my first deload workout then instead of another portion of 3x8x85Kg deadlifts and then some. And while diet hasn't been ideal, I should still be in a pretty good spot after the deload, sitting nice at working weights across all exercises, ready to progress the hell out of them for the upcoming cycle's 4-6 weeks.

Calories: ~2841

Estimated Surplus: ~291

• Like 1