NerdFitness Fantasy Football League - 2016 - Updated!

I only play the basic layout:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

TE

WR/RB flex (open to making TEs eligible as well)

K

Def

I'm out for anything else, at least it'll bring you down to 8 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure we're THAT attached to the 2 QBs that we want to lose people but it's the commish's call.

Only suggested it being that I've never tried it and I have no money at risk in this league

Like Matt said just a suggestion. No need to drop out. We have 12 teams and are set.

We will play it with 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 K, and 1 DEF.

Also happy to announce that I will purchase a choice of NF shirt for the winner of the league. Just a little incentive to never give up and as a thanks for joining the fun!

All newbies feel free to ask questions!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

There is an auto draft feature right? I don't usually work wednesdays, but if I get called in I will be unable to be there for the draft wednesday.

Yes, you can even set a preference list so you can avoid players you don't want tho you have to go very deep to avoid drafting a defense in the third round like a friend did in a league recently.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Yes, you can even set a preference list so you can avoid players you don't want tho you have to go very deep to avoid drafting a defense in the third round like a friend did in a league recently.

Ok I've been looking for it. My plan was to try and make it to the live draft. Can't seem to find where to set up the automatic one.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Not sure we're THAT attached to the 2 QBs that we want to lose people but it's the commish's call.

Only suggested it being that I've never tried it and I have no money at risk in this league

wasn't trying to be a pain, just saying i wasn't interested in playing outside of that format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Ok I've been looking for it. My plan was to try and make it to the live draft. Can't seem to find where to set up the automatic one.

I think if you go into the players tab on Yahoo Fantasy and hit the star next to the players, that will be your auto pick list. I believe. 

• Like 1

I think if you go into the players tab on Yahoo Fantasy and hit the star next to the players, that will be your auto pick list. I believe. 

I will try that out later tonight.

EDIT

So I made a watch list by clicking the stars. No way to organize them. I told the person who makes the schedule I would like wed off, so hopefully I'll be there for the live draft.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm hoping to make the live draft, but I have a 15 month-old and that means no two evenings are alike.  I did pre-rank some players so I'll (hopefully) get my picks in either way.

Also, y'all might enjoy this article I wrote a few weeks back on Fantasy Football:

http://stuffershack.com/fantasy-football-is-essentially-dd-with-linebackers/

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

I'm hoping to make the live draft, but I have a 15 month-old and that means no two evenings are alike.  I did pre-rank some players so I'll (hopefully) get my picks in either way.

Also, y'all might enjoy this article I wrote a few weeks back on Fantasy Football:

http://stuffershack.com/fantasy-football-is-essentially-dd-with-linebackers/

What does one mean by "preranking" I saw only how to add players to a watch list.

What does one mean by "preranking" I saw only how to add players to a watch list.

If you head to "draft central" and then "pre-draft rankings" you'll see a nice list down the middle with Yahoo's rankings of all players.  To the left you have a DO NOT DRAFT list (click the red left arrow by a player's name to add them there) and to the right your "preferred players" list (click the green right arrow to add them there.)

I should make the live draft but I did pre-rank a few people I want more than I want Oreo cookies just in case.

• Like 1

If you head to "draft central" and then "pre-draft rankings" you'll see a nice list down the middle with Yahoo's rankings of all players.  To the left you have a DO NOT DRAFT list (click the red left arrow by a player's name to add them there) and to the right your "preferred players" list (click the green right arrow to add them there.)

I should make the live draft but I did pre-rank a few people I want more than I want Oreo cookies just in case.

Thanks for this,I too will be doing a just in case list.

I won't be able to make the live draft, it's my anniversary (3 years, woot!), and I'll be out to dinner with Wifey. Hopefully autodraft goes well for me. Common pick 1 and Shady McCoy!

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I won't be able to make the live draft, it's my anniversary (3 years, woot!), and I'll be out to dinner with Wifey. Hopefully autodraft goes well for me. Common pick 1 and Shady McCoy!

Congrats on the anniversary!

I will hopefully be at the live draft. Surprisingly excited about it!

Thank you! I haven't had to do an autopick list in a few years and I couldn't figure it out.

She'll understand right....draft from your phone...........we never see Gainsdalf again. CONGRATS on the Anniversary.

I will hopefully be at the live draft. Surprisingly excited about it!

Great! It's fun and don't worry too much about it. Just have fun, pick people you like and we'll see what happens. 

• Like 1

I was gonna say that Gainsdalf could draft from his phone... But I don't think that would go over to well.

You could try to spin it as a fun "anniversary activity" but I doubt that would go any better...

Man I wonder why I am single?

• Like 1

so the draft is today, can anyone inform me what the actual details of the league are?

i'm assuming it will just be a standard league scoring ?

23 || 6'2 || 303 lbs || Level 2

STR 3.28  || DEX 1.64  || STA  2  || CON  3.32  || WIS  5.46  || CHA  2.64

Coffee's Six Week Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53823-coffee-under-the-black-flag/

Past Challenges: {1}

Coffee's Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51877-coffee/

Progress:

Weight: Starting: 303 lbs  ||  Current: 303 lbs  || Total Lost: 4 lbs   ||  Goal: 220

0%
0%

Currently Reading: Under the Black Sail ||  Last Read:  Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman

Books: 18/52

35%
35%

so the draft is today, can anyone inform me what the actual details of the league are?

i'm assuming it will just be a standard league scoring ?

If you go inthe league drop down you will see scoring and settings. I think thats what you are looking for.

That moment when your preparing for the draft... then you realize its not for another 4 hours because of the time difference...

• Like 1

What time is the draft? 4pm MST/5pm CST?

4pm PDT? Its 7pm EST

Ah the website says PDT,Iwill changemy post to prevent further confusion. I was just fact checking that. 

The timer is on the website too.

The time zones have me all kinds of confused now.  However, no matter the time I will still kill it in this draft...WHILST in traffic!

Geno Smith #1 pick...trust me!

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! (everyone is happy and hopeful before the season starts...)

• Like 1