It all started with a toothbrush and a mirror...

That was the first time I realized that eating as much as I did when I was younger and fitting as much sports as I could into the rest of my hours definitely doesn't work if you stop the whole exercise aspect.
It especially didn't help that drinking every single day for a year because I was on a Erasmus year in France was an acceptable, nay, required activity.

There's nothing that can explain Newton's 3rd law quite as well as when your toothbrush brushes to the right and your man-boobs go to the left...
I also don't think there is anything quite like the first time you finish your obligatory chest dance and then go "hehehe...aw wait, crap, I have man-naries!"

It's been a couple of years since then and I had managed to accomplish one certain thing since then.
The art of espionage.
Taking a line from South Park and Steve, I had my underpants.
Thanks to talking the gym talk and wearing the right **cough** baggy **cough** clothes, I had even gotten as far as the point where you wouldn't notice the man-boobs and I just came across as a "big guy".

Then last week I bought a new toothbrush...

A combination of living independently for the first time (i.e. too tired to cook, lets get take-aways), a 9+ hour Software Support job (i.e hunched over the desk all day with only breaks being the vending machine walk) and a new gym membership (counter-intuitive I know, but me going gym = "meh I'll work off the 3rd helpings") had slowly being building up.

Next thing I knew it was last week and I was in the physio, being told I'd torn a shoulder muscle (from a fall but if anybody asks I was wrestling sharks) and had to take the next month off anything except running.

Suddenly I'm in my bathroom yesterday moving my moobs up and down, singing "oh eh, oh ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang" and slowly feeling the deja-vu hit me and I know I need to change.

I'm not the best with the one to one but I knew I needed the accountabilibuddy.

I had heard great things about the rebellion forum so figured I could keep my daily grind progress up and have whoever else would like to keep me accountable, keep me accountable.

So....here goes nothing...

I am Mike Shadow

I have identified my first nemesis in the path to fitness.

It's sweet siren call is something that must be denied, it's alluring rectangular form must be ignored and it's black and grey iridescence must be scorned.

It is, of course, the Office Vending Machine.

For too long I have fallen prey to this foul mistress.

I often heard her Snicker-ing at my lack of will power and discipline.

She has me Twirl-ed around her little finger (if she had any) and has me caught be-Twix giving in to immediate gratification or dealing with the stresses of the job alone.

...OK enough with the puns...

Not only is this a roadblock in my journey towards a fitness level that I want, it is also eating away at my petty cash.

I am literally putting my money behind mars bars

...sorry...

So I have identified my first enemy, next comes the battle to beat it.

I will be Mike Shadow... http://www.stickgames.com/mike-shadow-i-paid-for-it.html

Today:

1. Light 3.26km jog.
    Managed to get a time of 23minutes and 30 seconds which I'm happy with seeing as I was going with the housemate.
  2. 20 minutes yoga
    Nice and easy on account of the shoulder which is lovely and tender due to going to the physio today
    (the physio is lovely but I swear she plays a game called "get more winces and yelps out of the guy on the table than last time")

May have found a secret weapon in the fight against the Vending Machine.

If I don't bring any change to work, then I can't use the vending machine!

Easy to resist it when you can't physically use it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl545RF6dXA

Battle 1: Win!

Today:

1. 20 minutes Yoga
    Took it nice and easy today.
    Just mindful of the shoulder and that I have Wednesday as a Active Rest day.

I had this same problem and stopped bringing change, but then they installed card swipers on the machines, and I had to stop bringing my wallet. One thing I would suggest is just bring your own snacks and leaving that change at home. This is so when you feel the need to eat and can't buy any thing you have some healthy snacks on had. Keep fighting the battle brother!

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

I had this same problem and stopped bringing change, but then they installed card swipers on the machines, and I had to stop bringing my wallet. One thing I would suggest is just bring your own snacks and leaving that change at home. This is so when you feel the need to eat and can't buy any thing you have some healthy snacks on had.

....Card swipers! Shhh!!!! Don't give them any ideas! They could be reading this now.

I'm going to take your advice on board and start bringing snacks cause even without the change I was craving some chocolate! :torn:

Keep fighting the battle brother!

Right back at ya! Love the walking goal btw. There's a shop 20 minutes from the house that I walk to for a smoothie at the end of the day. It's relaxing, peaceful and hey, I get a smoothie out of it, so I think that's a great goal!

Believe that I have located an enemy ally.

Surprisingly, that ally is myself! Who would have thought it?

Never did like that...me...

Tried my secret weapon out again today and, while it worked, I was racked all day with cravings.

Luckily I had a packet of chewing gum with me as a distraction so I didn't give in.

On a side note, who else here has finished a pack of 10 in ten minutes? But then continued chewing for a solid 6 hours?

Battle 2:...we'll call it a draw

Today:

1. 3.66km jog
    Finished in 20min 43 secs.
    Quite happy with that but I'm thinking I'll be feeling that tomorrow
  2. 30 minutes light yoga.