Ebb&Flow - Chronicles of S

~Welcome to the Chronicles of S~

Hello, for now I'll be known as Ebb&Flow. I've been known by many names but this one is fresh, a new beginning, and one that I think matches nicely with the many varied goals I have for the future. 

Probably the first thing worth noting about me is I have a terrible habit of dropping off the face of the earth. This is one of many attempts to change that habit so I figure if I tie it together with my others, I might just stand a chance at breaking it and finally maintain a consistent presence on a forum. 

So as with most people, there are a number of things that I would like to improve about myself and amongst these things is my ability to track aspects of my life. I love the focus that NF puts on tracking metrics so that you can actually look back and see how far you've come. It's one aspect I've always disregarded and I think it would be incredibly interesting to compare myself to the past versions of myself. Unfortunately without any previous metrics, the comparison must start now. So with this in mind, this will be my first goal in what I hope to be a lifelong adjustment. I will endeavour to keep a regular journal of my life's events. This journal or set of journals will track aspects of my day to day life, education, fitness and mental states. 

I intend to use this forum and this topic in particular to track my fitness/physical goals specifically, but I have little doubt that aspects of my personal life will bleed into posts and provide what I hope to be are interesting insights and perspectives. 

So since this topic will be my fitness journal, I guess I should probably answer the question of what exactly are my fitness ambitions are eh?

Well to be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure yet. Right now I'm in a period of transition before returning to University, so I would like to, at minimum, maintain my fitness level or improve on it prior to returning. Ideally I would like to actually enjoy working out with heavy weights in the future, but for now I'm revelling in working out on things that I thoroughly enjoy.

So what are these things then? Well, join me on this crazy adventure that we call Life and we'll find out!

Thank you for reading this and Welcome to the Chronicles of S!

V:0 - [Aspiring Assassin]

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Challenge #1: A Current Swells     |     Daily Battle Log: Chronicles of S

Short entry before bed.

Day 224 [August 12, 2014]

7 km roller blade session. Average min/km = 5:33. Time: 38:52. Just joy riding around the city enjoying the super humid and warm night. Very pleasant with tons of uphill and downhill sections. 

2 sets of 5 pull-ups along the way just because those soccer goal posts were calling to me. 

I'll edit in my starting height, weight, etc once I figure out what they actually are! They'll just be edited into the main 1st post. 

Also logged today. Successful Day 224. 

Hey folks! It's been a couple days but I'm happy to say that I'm still logging my daily events and it feels good! I've been using Evernote to keep it all organized and find that as long as I convince myself to put at least a few words down I have no problem motivating myself to do it within 24 hours. Hoping to keep this record going.

Finally the last week has been really rainy where I'm at so I haven't been able to get out for another rollerblading session *sadface* but I've found that I've got another fitness goal to beta-test my ability to incorporate new habits/goals into my day.

Henceforth I will complete a minimum of 15 pull-ups per day.

Obviously it's a lower limit to activity rather than an upper limit, but I figure it should keep me entertained until my life is a little less turbulent (over the next two weeks I'll be moving across the country). Additionally, it's a nice technique since I can use a few variations to workout other parts of my body at the same time. 

Day 225 [ August 13, 2014]

Extremely low energy day. Not sure why considering I woke up feeling clean and refreshed, but just couldn't shake the exhaustion today. 

Day 226 [August 14, 2014]

15 pull-ups to beta-test the idea of making it a habit. Form suffered on the last one, but 3 sets of 5 should be able to be accomplished quickly.

Day 227 [August 15, 2014]

First day that I learned that you MUST make time for these things if they are going to happen. 

Day 228 [August 16, 2014]

Decided that 15 pull-ups per day would be a great habit to start into others with and that I would start...tomorrow :P

Day 229 [August 17, 2014]

30 pull-ups (6 sets of 5) with proper form before bed. The nice thing about my current living space is that the undeveloped basement has all the floor joists exposed and they make perfect pull-up handholds. It'll be weird once I have to start using a proper bar haha!

Well, I've got a log entry to write before I got to bed tonight, take care folks!

Whew, well it's been a while since I updated here. I feel like I should make a greater effort to post here to ensure that I don't fall off the bandwagon. Not that that has been an issue lately. I'm happy to report that my two mini-habits are still flourishing quite nicely. I haven't missed a day of 15 pull-ups yet and my daily log is still going strong! I know that these are super minor goals right now, but I'm enjoying the implications of what succeeding here means. I already know that I can make drastic life changes when moving to a new location, the fact that I can create habits that have staying power in-spite of these life changes is encouraging. I'm currently traveling across the country so we'll see how my habits hold up!

Day 230 [August 18, 2014]

15 Pull-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 231 [August 19, 2014]

I've been getting into some seriously weird sleeping habits this week. I think I'm starting to shift to biphasic sleep which is certainly not ideal at the moment. Dunno why it's occurring, possibly the stress of all the last minutes loose ends that I need to wrap up with work and life before leaving but I'll deal with it and continue to meet the daily goals. Even if they're sometimes getting completed at 02:00 O.o.... 

Day 232 [August 20, 2014]

Day 233 [August 21, 2014]

Moved everything out of my current living space and and into a van. The very same van that we will be traveling across the country in, in two days. Will keep you all updated as things continue to progress!

Day 234 [August 22, 2014]

Last day of work! Good byes are always difficult, but alas, my time at the current job has come to an end as my final year of university quickly approaches.I'm not sure what the future holds for me but I'm sure the next year will be an interesting one! More to come on that, I'll probably need your advice on what in the world I should do! 

15 Pull-ups Completed. It'll be the last night of doing pull-ups from an exposed floor support!

"I'm sorry Joyce T. but I'm leaving you now..."

Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 235 [August 23, 2014]

Today begins my week-long drive across the country! So needless to say, with 12-14 hour days of driving, I'm looking to those travel workout tips that were posted recently and aiming to keep the bare minimum of 15 pull-ups per day intact! Unfortunately my daily log will get rather boring since all I do is sleep and drive on these long trips. Ahh well, I suppose we may encounter some interesting events along the way! We'll see!

15 Pull-ups Completed. Had to get a little creative and do the pull-ups from the handrail of the second floor in a staircase at the hotel. Probably worth noting that I made sure the handrail was secure before throwing myself into the pull-ups haha! Hard on the hands but fun!

Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 236 [August 24, 2014]

Day 2 of travel and there was noting to do my pull-ups from! Much Sorrow! Very Disappoint! So I substituted my pull-ups for a down and dirty 40 push-ups before hitting the sack for the night. I haven't updated my daily log yet but will likely do that before I go to bed tonight or on my first break from driving tomorrow morning. As I mentioned in Day 235, not many exciting things happen on the road, so it isn't hard to keep it updated

Goodnight folks! More updates to come! Hopefully in a more timely manner in the near future :). Take care!

Day 237 [August 25, 2014]

Another day of travelling, though this one took me to a  hotel that had no readily available things to hang off of, so I opted to change my 15 pull-up minimum to a 40 push-up minimum for instances where I don't have access to any sort of ledge or bar. Exhausted from 3 days of hard driving but pumped them out and updated the log before sleep.

40 push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 238 [August 26, 2014]

With great delight I found a playground near my hotel tonight! Awesome! I played around for a while and pumped out some pull-ups before my dog started to get anxious and frantic to leave. Given the life lessons learned from various literature (like Game of Thrones recently) I figured it would be smart to listen to my pet.

20 Pull-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 239 [August 27, 2014]

Finally arrived at one place that I'll be staying for the next two days until I move into my apartment. With great delight I enjoyed not being in the vehicle cramped up and savored a quick bike ride along the shore. Followed it up with some push-ups before bed, that I decided were getting easier and would require an increase in difficulty soon.

40 Push-ups Completed. 8-km Bike Ride. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 240 [August 28, 2014]

Today I woke up early, refreshed and did yard work around that house all day. Yet again, just enjoying moving and flexing everything back out after 5 days on the road. Upped the difficulty of the push-ups before bed tonight and enjoyed the sensation of overcoming laziness in favour of continuing with my daily streak.

2x25 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 241 [August 29, 2014]

A lot more yard work today, primarily gardening and began re-packing all my stuff into the vehicle for one last move tomorrow! Upped the difficulty on the push-ups once again.

3x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 242 [August 30 2014]

Today I moved a LOT of stuff, up a LOT of stairs. Not only did I move myself into my apartment but also helped pack and load some other friends in the same city. Really tiring day, but managing to eat enough to keep me full of energy.

15 Pull-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 243 [August 31, 2014]

So apparently the friends I helped pack and load into a u-haul yesterday live on the fourth floor of a building with no elevator. So all those lovely boxes and furniture that I moved yesterday? Yup! Straight up four flights of stairs at 07:00. Ah well I wanted to work on my cardio anyways! I didn't include the 50+ trips up and down stairs because I honestly didn't count or care enough at that time of day to set it into measurable stats. I'll just go with it as a nice hard morning workout! Additionally did my daily push--ups for the day before going out for the night.

3x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log to be updated tonight or tomorrow morning.

So I just realized in my last post that it was the end of August and I thought it would be neat to give a quick summary of my completed daily's!

August 2014

165 Pull-ups

250 Push-ups

Since I started recording these on August 12th, let's see if we can CRUSH these numbers for September!

Day 244 [september 1, 2014]

I guess the wicked do get to rest every now and then. Today was super chill compared to the past 2 weeks of life changes and moving that have been thrown my way. 

3x10 pull-ups + 60s plank Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 245 [september 2, 2014]

Lot of errands ran today and some major work pushed through some of my school requirements. Need a little more work on the deliverable but it's coming along nicely.

3x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 246 [september 3, 2014]

Finished the deliverable for school and sent it off for review prior to final submission. Spent the rest of the day in the water. First splashing around in the ocean, cartwheels and handstands on the beach then swimming in a pool for most of the rest of the day. Swimming went from leisurely to good cardio when we decided to try turn the pool into a whirlpool by running along the outside edge. I never really thought about doing that but it was super fun and we actually got a wicked current moving in the pool. 

3x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 247 [september 4, 2014]

First class back and it felt great! Caught up with some friends and went for drinks later in the night. 

3x10 Pull-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 248 [september 5, 2014]

More classes today, mostly introductory stuff for these classes but some yummy material to contemplate. Not feeling well later in the day so I reduced the daily workout to the bare minimum despite recent increases. I know it's not ideal and I don't anticipate it happening often, but it's nice to know that where I started and struggled to complete is now an easily accomplished goal for the days I'm at less than my best.

3x5 Pull-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 249 [september 6, 2014]

Today was the laziest of Saturdays. Seriously. I literally just sat around savoring the sweet relaxation that I know will be lacking later in the semester and watching online shows (FMA Brotherhood anyone?). So as the day progressed I started to get bored of just sitting down and watching shows so I opted to do 20 pushups every 10 minutes throughout the episodes I'm watching. It's kind of a nice setup since it forces you to get up and move regularly while still enjoying the show you would be watching anyways. 

7x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 250 [september 7, 2014]

Picked out supplies for a crock pot recipe. It will be my first time ever using a slow cooker but I really want to give it a try since it seems like a great way to cook food in a low maintenance way and have lots of leftovers for the week to eat too! It was a creamy chicken recipe and consisted of cream cheese, cream of chicken sauce and ranch dressing powder. 

3x10 pull-ups + 3x60s plank Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 251 [september 8, 2014]

Classes are starting up good and proper. Tried oatmeal for breakfast since I've heard that it is a healthy and hearty quick breakfast food. Overall it's ok, but I find that it isn't a filling meal to start the day off with and having a good hearty breakfast is an important thing for me personally. Went on a 40 minute walk around town to get supplies for the school year and then finished the night with my normal push-ups and wanted to test out my current max for plank time.

3x20 Push-ups + 1x2:43 plank Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 252 [september 9, 2014]

Made my slow cooker creamy chicken meal! Excellent day to do it since my classes last until 18:40 and I'm typically rather exhausted after them. Turned out deliciously and I look forward to trying more recipes! If anyone has recommendations definitely shoot them my way, I want to try all kinds of new things!

4x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 253 [september 10, 2014]

Not too much to say about today. Pretty regular day where I ate well and enjoyed a sun nap!

4x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 254 [september 11, 2014]

Submitted a report that I am happy to finally be rid of. It's a component to finishing up this phase of my life (university at the moment) and one that I'm very excited to be finished with. I went out with friends for the evening and was not able to complete my daily to an acceptable standard for the first time since I started. It's surprising how much this has bothered me since that day. ERGH I hate ruining a perfect streak >_>. 

1x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 255 [september 12, 2014]

Today felt like a long day in classes but the most important part of my day was waiting at the end so it's only to be expected that I was antsy in class. Today was the first time I've been to Capoeira in approximately 6 months! I've finally returned to the group that I think of as Home, and it was everything I could have ever hoped for. The class was in a new location but had a good mixture of new and old faces, new members appeared to possess excellent capoeira skills and were confident in a wide range movements (one is a B-Boy and has great acrobatic ability, another is experienced in general fitness/circus and possesses incredible body control). I've begun to re-learn my handstands from one of the members and I hope to incorporate it into my work-out daily's since it is a really fun, whole body workout. I will not be performing my Daily's on day's that I do capoeira since capoeira takes precedence and is far more physically demanding than my daily's.

1hr30min Capoeira Class Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 256 [september 13, 2014]

Exquisitely (Yes, that's right. Exquisitely.) sore today. Did some walking to try keep everything limbered up and my daily's were accompanied by a good 20+ minutes of stretching afterwards since my lower body is out of shape for the performance I demand out of it in capoeira. It feels so good to be this sore again and I can't wait for my next class. Overall today was a pretty easy and relaxing day though.

I've also noticed that the next 6 week challenge is coming up. After much consideration, I think that I would like to participate in it in order to gain access to those interesting mini-challenges that many guilds have! So with this in mind, I will be looking over current lifestyle, identify which changes I would like to make and attempt to make a 6 week challenge that incorporates the positive habits that I would like to create or further reinforce. I'm hoping to have a topic up tomorrow!

Day 257 [september 14, 2014]

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new 6-week challenge here on NerdFitness and I'm excited to say that I'm jumping in feet first and seeing if I can maintain some pretty standard habits.The first one will be cementing what I've already done here into permanent habits even in times of immense stress (ex. during university, particularly exam periods).

~6-Week Challenge: Laminar Flow~

[sTART]

Day 258 [september 15, 2014]

So in the interest of starting off the challenge strong, I performed these push-ups while writing up my Challenge post. I figure it's only fair that I go above and beyond the minimum of 15 pull-ups (or equivalent) in order to kick it off with a bang!

6x20 Push-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 259 [september 16, 2014]

Busy, busy, busy day today! But two important tasks for my my challenge got completed. The first is that I picked up supplies for a Lemon-Garlic Chicken recipe I found online and the second is I got my 3x5 pull-ups in along the way to the grocery store! I'm a huge fan of finding new places to work out and luckily there was scaffolding en route just asking to be used for pull-ups! I was actually decently surprised by how difficult I found these pull-ups to be after taking a break from them for a while. It looks like I'll have to be more diligent in finding pull-up places since push-ups don't work seem to work the same muscles. 

3x5 Pull-ups Completed. Daily Log kept up to date.

Day 260 [september 17, 2014]

Sometimes these daily's are just too conveniently place in my life. On my way out of my apartment (I live on the 5th floor and always take the stairs down) is a gym on the 3rd floor with a really sketchy looking pull-up bar rigged up to the second floor of the gym railing (I'll take a picture one of these days, it's actually kinda funny...). So on my way out for the evening it's easy to make a quick stop, pump out my daily physical requirements and keep on moving. Today I noticed that the strength is very rapidly returning so I added another 5 pull-ups to my regime.

1x10, 2x5 Pull-ups Completed. 

Day 261 [september 18, 2014]

Stayed over at a friend's place and they were kind enough to lend me their pull-up bar to complete my Daily's! It was one of those pull-up bars you set up into the top of a doorway and it felt pretty good. It felt rock solid at the very least. I'm too tall for doorways like that though, so needless to say, it was interesting doing pull-ups while maintaining a kneeling position the entire time. I also added 5 more pull-ups to the workout since I had an audience and I do love to perform for spectators!

1x10, 3x5 Pull-ups Completed.

Day 262 [september 19, 2014]

CAPOEIRA DAY! Hoo-RAH! Awesome class with a heavy focus on some more physically demanding acrobatics which I thoroughly enjoyed! Sparring was high energy and the class provided an excellent workout for my day! 

Additionally I chose today to make my Lemon-Garlic Chicken in the slow-cooker since I knew that I'd be needing quick but high energy food for the evening. Turned out great! I'm not usually a fan of garlic, but I love lemons and the chicken turned out excellently when combined with some rice and a little soy sauce. Here's the recipe for anyone interested!

1hr30min Capoeira Class Completed. 

Lemon-Garlic Chicken Slow-Cooker
  • 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
  • .5 teaspoon Salt
  • .25 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
  • 2 Tablespoon Butter
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules [Won't lie, had to find someone in the grocery store who knew what this was. Let that be an indicator for my newb-level cooking skills.]
  • 1 teaspoon freshly chopped spinach [This was supposed to be parsley, but parsley is silly and I never use it so I substituted spinach. I'd add more than a teaspoon in the future.] 
  • .25 cup water
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice [Mmm...Generous Tablespoons...]
  • 2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Day 263 [september 20, 2014]

Family visited and brought me some yummy treats. Other than that no extraordinary physical or challenge based goals completed besides updating my daily logs and sharing them all with you fine folks here at NF! The planks felt good as a rest between the pull-ups but I may increase the time-interval next time to challenge myself further.

1x10, 3x5 Pull-ups with 60s Planks between each set (4x60s Planks) Completed. Daily Logs updated for Sept.17 to Sept.20.

Day 264 [september 21, 2014]

Today I spent a lot of time grinding through work at a library so needless to say, by the time my daily work-out came around I was so ready to stretch out and get the body moving. Mentally exhausted but physically cramped from sitting at a library desk all day, these pull-ups felt like a godsend. I even added (and increased) my planks to this workout to just straighten everything out again haha. The last set of pull-ups went to failure and I sadly couldn't finish another full set of 5 pull-ups. The planks I feel are at a decent difficulty but could probably be increased incrementally.

10, 5, 5, 5, 3 Pull-ups and 5x 75s planks (between each set of pull-ups) Completed. 

Day 265 [september 22, 2014]

Do ALL THE THINGS! So today I juggled a bunch of assignment and group work and managed to sneak my daily's in while running around doing laundry (my apartment is on the fifth floor, the gym is on the third and the laundry room is on the second). So I did three sets of 10 pull-ups and was very happy that I managed to complete the second set of 10 with lot of energy left for the last set of 10.This is probably because I was doing the sets at about 5 minute intervals instead of my usual 30s-60s since I was doing them between my runs up and down the stairs.

3x10 Pull-ups Completed.

Day 266 [september 23, 2014]

In class all day. Quite literally stuck in classes or project work until 22:30 today. Once I got home, I had one more assignment to polish off before the next day and it drained my motivation to drag my butt down to the pull-up bar in the gym. Instead I opted for an alternative workout that I haven't done in quite a while: Push-ups! Hurray! Since I consider push-ups easier to do than pull-ups I opted to double-up plus some before dropping dead into bed for the night. Felt good to work the different muscle groups after going hard on the pull-ups over the last few days.

4x20 Push-ups Completed. 

Day 267 [september 24, 2014]

This is where the Level-Up mentality of NerdFitness burns strongly! Today I wanted to do my minimum of 15 pull-ups and move on. Instead I remembered that earlier this week I had a limit at 10,5,5,5,3 and decided that I was going to do one more. Why? Because I was curious :3. Turns out it worked and it felt pretty great!

10, 5, 5, 5, 4 Pull-ups Completed.

Day 268 [september 25, 2014]

Really tired day today, not sure why but just didn’t have much personality going on today. Invited out to karaoke and a couple other things with friends but instead opted for an early night in bed. I pushed out the pull-ups and planks and felt pretty decent about increasing my max time on my plank from a previous. 2:43 plank on Sept. 8. It’s only 30 seconds, but it feels like a nice little boon on a tired night.

3x10 Pull-ups and a 3:16 plank Completed. Daily Logs Updated

Day 269 [september 26, 2014]

Today was a hard class of Capoeira, we focused heavily on kicks and counters. My legs are still getting back into the game after such a long break from the intensity but the counters to the kicks are what really got them burning. Instant bursts of speed to cover a lot of ground quickly followed up by grounding and countering definitely tuckered me out. Good class all the same and had a lot of fun perfecting the timing of some of my counters.

1hr30min Capoeira Class Completed.

Day 270 [september 27, 2014]

Spent a nice long time working on projects in the park since it was just so beautiful out today! Going out to a friend’s party to play Cards Against Humanity tonight, so I busted through some push-ups for my daily’s before heading out! I also made Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken from a recipe I found online. So I’ll post the recipe below too. Overall I didn’t mind it, but its flavour was really taken over by the BBQ sauce, which is fine, it just didn’t provide a very dynamic flavour. It did make the chicken gorgeously tender though, which was nice!

4x20 +10 Push-ups Completed. 

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

·        2 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts

·        17.5 fl.oz. BBQ Sauce (That’s a lotta BBQ sauce O_O)

·        1 oz Dry Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (mehhhh, didn’t taste it at all, the BBQ sauce was too overpowering)

·        2 Tablespoons Butter (mmm butter :3)

Day 271 [september 28, 2014]

After going out the night before and staying up late, this day feels like it was rushed. Wasn’t quite as productive in the schoolwork as I would like to be but, got some solid work done before I called it quits for the night. Also increased the time interval on my planks as I mentioned previously, this provides a much nicer intensity for my third rep and I may stick with it for a few more runs.

3x10 Pull-ups and 3x1min20s planks Completed.

Day 272 [september 29, 2014]

Updated my Daily Logs today, but didn’t have time to upload them to NF yet. Busy, busy day that covered a lot of ground but not very much workload unfortunately. Still sore after the Capoeira class on Friday, so I incorporated a lot more stretching into my routine between the pull-ups. I also tried some Wall Sits just because it felt appropriate with all the leg stretching I was doing.

3x10 Pull-ups and 3x1min30s parallel wall sits (Apparently these are called Roman Chairs?) Completed.

Day 273 [september 30, 2014]

So another month comes to a close. September seems to have gone ridiculously fast and I’ve managed to keep up the daily logs with strong regularity. The daily workouts have been doing their job in creating a space for exercise and being used to expand or experiment on different things. Midterms are looming in the near future and the time to kick into high-gear before frantic-gear engages is now. I worked late on some homework tonight but the exercise I do before bed has a wonderful habit of stimulating me for an added hour or more, so it was quite productive work.

3x30 Push-ups Completed.

MONTHLY SUMMARY

Total Push-ups: 1040

Total Pull-Ups: 367

Total Plank Time: 24 mins 14 s

Total Roman Chair Time: 4 min 30 s

Total Capoeira Classes: 3

Day 274 [October 1, 2014]

Very late night working on a lab report today. I used my work-out as a stimulant once I started getting tired and lazy and found that it worked very nicely yet again. Got the work that was required done for the next day but will definitely be paying the price for losing so much sleep for the next two days.

3x10 Pull-ups and 3x1min20s Planks Completed.

Day 275 [October 2, 2014]

Attended a meeting to try initiate a capoeira club within my university and it looks like it will be a feasible thing to accomplish. This is excellent news as it both allows me to have an extra class a week, but will also begin bringing me back up to my previously skill levels. Due to surprise social events, I was left scrambling at the end of the day to complete my workouts but I managed to get a reasonable minimal amount in before bed despite the late hours.

1x15 Pull-ups and 30 Push-ups Completed.

Day 276 [October 3, 2014]

Two nights in a row of minimal sleep is starting to pile up. That’s the crux of the problem isn’t it? I want to perform well in school (which is difficult on minimal sleep) but being my final year of university I want to enjoy the time I have left with the amazing people I’ve met. A friend once told me that, “Nobody remembers the nights they got a good sleepâ€, and in many ways it’s true. So I’m definitely going to fail my life challenge: Riverbed. But given that I’m out enjoying my time with friends, I feel like prioritizing a balance over a perfect GPA may be more appropriate at this point in my life. Capoeira class was good, but between a small head cold (sore throat and cough) that popped up and the lack of sleep, I felt out of my element and it showed in my games.

1hr30mins of Capoeira Class Completed.

Day 277 [October 4, 2014]

Very lazy Saturday. Caught up on a lot of rest and sleep. Also watched the Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2, which I figure is a pretty decent role-model for when I join the Assassin’s next challenge!

3x10 Pull-ups Completed.

Day 278 [October 5, 2014]

Wellllll, I almost missed out on my quest: Swim Through My Veins this week just due to the crazy workload, lack of sleep and sudden onset of a cold at the end. But ALAS! I found a quick and dirty recipe (yup, from the grocery store) that I’ll be om-nom-noming on tonight! Pulled (Pork)Chicken here I come! I almost feel I’m cheating because I took 2 really easy ones in a row but I’ll make up for it by cooking something neat or 2 neat things this week in that bad boy. Today has been dedicated to homework, but my focus has been broken at best, so I’m going to buckle down and keep grinding. I’m definitely getting a flu though, which is draining at best. On the plus side, the Pulled Chicken waiting for me when I got home was the most glorious of godsends. The chicken was super tender and when served with rice and veggies, filled me right up and made me feel human again.

3x10 Pull-ups and 3x1min20s Planks Completed.

Pulled Chicken

·        1 Packet of Pulled Chicken Spices

·        1 Cup of Ketchup

·        ½ Cup of Brown Sugar

·        ½ Cup of Water