~Hungry For Evolution~

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my battle log! First let me share with you the two men that have inspired me to have the motto of being hungry for evolution.

image-72.jpgf3146920-dc9a-4bbd-af21-55018089bd4e.jpg 

Joe Manganiello & Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold coined the phrase of stay hungry. Arnold during the film pumping iron talks about what it is to stay hungry, but to summarize it in my own words it means to constantly find new ways to challenge yourself in order to become a better you. Joe talks of wanting evolution of his body in his book by making his body grow in a functional sense by evolving it to its strongest form. Inspired by the messages of these two men have l decided to become hungry for evolution. This Battle log will track everything from my thoughts, training, eating habits, and personal progression.

Now while I am doing a challenge this log will be put on the back burner as I post in my guild for my current challenge. I will still visit and post, just not as often so I don't become side tracked. I do promise to post once a day in this log even when I am doing a challenge so I can level up? I welcome you all to join me on my journey to becoming A max level, over powered RPG hero.

Here is what you will be able to find in my battle log

-Monthly stats, my personal progression.-

-The body, my daily training-

-The mind, my daily fitness thoughts-

-The spirit, everything inspiration and motivation-

-Random posts of articles I wrote and youtube videos I will do for you guys.-

DISCLAIMER: The information on this forum does not replace advice you receive from your qualified health care professional, and the information on this forum is not intended as medical advice. You are asked to make your own health care decisions based on your research and the advice of a qualified health care professional.

• Like 3

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

druid_by_thiago_almeida-d6fmjuu.jpg

-The Druid-

So I have chosen to Play as the druid. So if you have read my profile you have most likely have seen that I like to take a very spiritual focus on fitness. I was tempted to play as the monk because I have practiced wing chun for the last six years, but I feel the druid is more me as a base class. Now I may be playing as a druid but it is my goal to take quests from every type of class. I would really like to hear why you have chosen the class you have and why it fits you.

• Like 2

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

juggernaut.gif -All right here are my starting stats!-

Weight 198 Lbs

So when it come to my weight Im really not to concerned as log as my body fat is what I want. On average for men abs start showing up around 10% body fat. Right now I am sitting at 18% so I need to lose 8% before I can complete my main quest.

Waist 36 inches

I want to get this down to a 32 inch waist which will play into my main quest because my extra body fat is all around my midsection.

This is all the stats I will be posting for now because it correlates directly with my main quest that I am looking to do this up coming challenge.

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Ok starting the 14th I will log my first day of exercise, nutrition, etc here in my battle log! Now as far as the bars on my forum signature, those will remain with no states until my challenge starts and them you will see me track that. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

All right I saw something that a few others are doing and I want to do it as well. Its treating each six week challenge as a chapter to an epic RPG story. I will wait until after I finish my challenge before writing chapter one but I will get to work on doing a prolog for you guys to enjoy. 

• Like 2

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

This all sounds good dude. I've read Joes "Evolution" book and it's very inspiring. Plus, he's a friggin beast! Good luck to all your progress and becoming the overpowered RPG hero you are striving for [emoji106][emoji123]

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

This all sounds good dude. I've read Joes "Evolution" book and it's very inspiring. Plus, he's a friggin beast! Good luck to all your progress and becoming the overpowered RPG hero you are striving for [emoji106][emoji123]

Wolf

Thanks for stopping by wolf, and taking the time to read whatI have posted so far. 

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Absolutely sir! I'll be dropping in to check on your badass progress!

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

4672213b69cd7e80ea65120e912f1a219e4505c. DAY 1

-The Dark Knight Rises Out Of Bed-

All Right! today was a slow start because I got to sleep in. Usually my two year old is my alarm clock, but he decided that sleeping in was a good thing as well. OK first things first. I am starting off my day with a 45 minute walk followed by my first meditation session, later in the day I will be working out followed with more meditation. I will post more info as these events unfold through out my day.

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

image-20.jpg

45 minute walk one the tread mill at speed 3 incline 15

So it has long been an ancient practice of the Norn druids to have a morning cup of coffee before a walk...

OK guys this is what I am doing. I don't use any music or watch TV while I work out at all. The goal of this is to train my mind to find peace in silence, and to improve focus by training my mind to not be dependent on distractions to cope with silence, and for you monks this helps get ride of the condition the shaolin  called the monkey mind. So the cup of coffee before I go walking is to help me burn more fat because of my body releasing insulin into the blood stream to metabolize fat. Now this trick only works if you have an empty stomach so your body has no choice but to use fat while the heart rate is low.

Now some may ask why walking instead of running. When your heart is at a resting rate it uses fat to make energy because the body is getting enough oxygen in the blood to let it metabolize fat efficiently. Now when your heart rate gets high the oxygen you are breathing is going more to the muscles to clean up the toxins they throw off from being worked, so now your body can't turn fat to energy because it is missing the main ingredient it needs to do so. When your heart rate is high your body switches to using carbs as energy because you don't need oxygen to use them. Because of this your muscles store carbs within their cells as well just in case, but this bring us to the point of why i don't eat before i walk. Your body can also pull some carbs from the content of your stomach. The body starts to absorb carbs the instant it is being chewed.

Well Ill stop right here instead of writing a book. If I have left any thing out, or you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will go into further detail. Thanks for stoping by and keep fighting the battle! 

• Like 2

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Heres some thing I should let you guys know about me. After being a manger of a brand name gym for two years they closed the location I managed and let me go. It was hard at first because my wife went to work and I have been a stay at home dad ever since. I write books to make a living know as I free lance personal train when I have the time because my boy comes before me in my book. I just thought I should mention this because you will here me talk about him a lot.

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

handstand.gif

5 Minutes of Handstands And Resistance Band Workout

Five minutes of trying to hold a handstand for 30 seconds.

Band workout, I do this list like a circuit and then rest.

First set x20 with 20 second rest at the end

then x15

then x10

Done!

Bicep curls

Tricep press

Lat raises 

Chest press

Rows

Wood Choppers

This is an awesome fast workout if you don't have much time to work. I slept in so I had to change my battle plans, but I still fought the war!

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

power-leveling.png

-Power Leveling Tip OF The Day-

Your Supplements are no match for my kung fu!

Do you need supplements to Grow... NO you don't. Supplements are for the purpose of filling in gaps in nutrition. EXAMPLE A doctor tells you, you need to get more potassium in your diet to help with a nervous system disorder you have, but you think bananas and tomatoes are the grossest thing ever. Well this is when a potassium pill would be handy, which brings me to my power leveling tip of the day.

When it comes to eating to get the nutrition your body needs just eat a verity of REAL foods. I would always tell my clients when it comes to your food eat the rainbow in color verity without opening a bag of skittles. Besides we all know that unicorns eat rainbows and poop skittles...  

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

​So as promised here is the intro to the story of my druid. This was really fun to do, and I can't wait to do my next challenge so I can and the first chapter of my fantasy fitness journey. 

druid_by_thiago_almeida-d6fmjuu.jpg

My name is Lanithroe, and I come from a tribe of nomadic druids that live in piece in the forests of the frozen north. My people have lived protecting not just nature as druids, but also the astral gates between the world of the physical and spiritual plains. For hundreds of years my people have only known the loving nature of the universe, but as of recent the elder of my tribe Tavian Hammercrest has sensed something trying to push past the gates from the spiritual realm.

Fearing that this presence might have something to do with our long forgotten enemies of the necromantic tribes from the burning plains of the west winds. I have been called to prepare myself for possible war. Tavian fears that our druidic ways will not be enough to stop the presence he feels coming, So I have been ordered to learn the ways of the other great guilds that protect this world.

In order for me to learn the ways of the guilds I have been sent on a vision quest to rid my mind of any thoughts that will make me resistant to the unfamiliar ways of the guilds. This quest requires me to travel to the swamp lands between the frozen north and burning plains to find the well of knowledge. Once I have drank the water of this well I will fall into a trance that will take me to the darkest parts of my mind forcing me to face my greatest enemy… myself.   

• Like 2

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

4685660897eafc20b7fb507cef8059329587aeb. -Day 2-

The Ninjafication Process Continues...

​Ok so far water intake has been over goal which is awesome. The goal was one gallon a day and I am drinking just a few ounces shy of two gallons a day. I started my day with a 45 minutes walk on the tread mill (speed 3, incline 15) and burned 623 calories on an empty stomach.  I also wanted to stay that now that more people are reading my battle log and seeing me on this site. I have started to see the support in this community and wanted to say thank you to all who have liked or posted in my battle log.

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

-The Work Out-

ScreenShot2014-03-31at40246PM.png

Today I leveled up my two handed weapon proficiency... I mean I went to the gym. 

So today was a strength training day!

Barbell Squats 5x5 (310 lbs)

Leg extensions 5x10 (120 lbs)

Leg Curls 5x10 (120 lbs)

Calf Raises 5x10 (225 lbs)

Now I really love my strength training and have been doing it for years. The majority of my male clients focus on strength training for exercise. When it comes to strength training you have four basic movements that will help improve your strength faster, and they can be used for bodybuilding, you just adjust the weight and reps. I go to the gym to lift weights four time a week based on the basic four movements which are

-Bench Press-

-Squat-

-Deadlift-

-Shoulder Press-

​I won't rant to much about this subject in order to keep the post shorter, but if you have any questions feel free to message me.

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Now I will be spending the next few days getting my 1Rm ( one rep max ) on the basic four movements I talked about in the post before this. I will be using my personal record to find the weight I should be training at to get the results I want as far as strength gain goes. With this being said what is your strongest exercise, and what is your favorite exercise?  

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

ScreenShot2014-08-14at45517PM.png

I got bored after eating and did a fast resistance band work out Wing chun style. Then I took my son out for a 5 minute walk. Later to night after it cools down I will take him on a walk before his bath time to help settle him down. 

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com