• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Brittomart

Paleo breakfast ideas that are not eggs

You don't have to stick to traditional "breakfast" style foods, personally I can't.

I usually make enough of the previous night's supper to have half a portion for breakfast or lunch should I feel up to it (most days solids don't agree with me until I've been awake for 1-4+ hours)

For the days when there's no leftovers and eggs are unappealing:

Some kind of protein - tuna, ground meats either formed into sausages or patties, bacon (depending on how lazy I'm feeling)

Some kind of roughage - broccoli, carrot, spinach, peas, zucchini, eggplant (in various states and styles of preparation and cook, again depending on how lazy I feel)
Coffee with 2 tbsp of almond milk (homemade, no sugar) and 1.5 tsp of honey (local)

If I'm feeling extra peckish, which happens occasionally but not often, I'll throw in some almonds (always have raw almonds around, I use them often for milk and baking purposes) and/or whatever fruit is lying around (usually apple)

Hope this gives you some ideas!  Breakfast is a personal thing, and it affects your whole darned day.  Some people function better without it, and some people are true nightmares if they miss it.  Experiment around and find out what works best for you.

• Like 1

Kim - think crock pot. Drop some veg and pot roast in the night before and instant breakfast waiting for you. I'm lucky, I like eggs and they like me, but we still do a crock pot breakfast now and again.

Thanks, that's a good idea.... I have a crockpot but I have never used it. Not once. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a complete nightmare if I don't have breakfast in the morning. I always need to make sure I have enough protein and carbs, and anything sweet makes me feel ill. 

I'm a huge fan of breakfast salads and stir-fries. 

In the winter, stir fries are warm and easy to put together, I set out everything the night before so I'm not left humming and hawing in the morning. I also really like having curry in the morning, I just find it wakes me up.

In the summer, I like salads for breakfast because they're much more refreshing. Spinach, tomatoes, and smoked salmon are a favourite of mine. Really any type of fish is great.

Depending on how paleo you are, Greek yogurt has lots of protein and is great with fruit or berries for breakfast. I usually add tart blueberries or some walnuts to make it more interesting.

I also love diced apples with cinnamon, I usually microwave them and have sliced ham on the side, but really you could use any meat. It reminds me of apple-pie. 

Bananas are also a go-to, they're very filling and they're great with nut butters or coconut. 

(I know the point is to avoid eggs but if you blend two eggs and a banana together, add cinnamon, and microwave it for a minute, it's like a muffin!)

• Like 1

I'm a complete nightmare if I don't have breakfast in the morning. I always need to make sure I have enough protein and carbs, and anything sweet makes me feel ill.

I'm a huge fan of breakfast salads and stir-fries.

In the winter, stir fries are warm and easy to put together, I set out everything the night before so I'm not left humming and hawing in the morning. I also really like having curry in the morning, I just find it wakes me up.

In the summer, I like salads for breakfast because they're much more refreshing. Spinach, tomatoes, and smoked salmon are a favourite of mine. Really any type of fish is great.

Depending on how paleo you are, Greek yogurt has lots of protein and is great with fruit or berries for breakfast. I usually add tart blueberries or some walnuts to make it more interesting.

I also love diced apples with cinnamon, I usually microwave them and have sliced ham on the side, but really you could use any meat. It reminds me of apple-pie.

Bananas are also a go-to, they're very filling and they're great with nut butters or coconut.

(I know the point is to avoid eggs but if you blend two eggs and a banana together, add cinnamon, and microwave it for a minute, it's like a muffin!)

Wow some great ideas here!!

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

I'll throw in my two copper pieces and suggest breakfast tacos/wraps.  Grill up some ground beef/turkey/pork the night before, add whatever seasonings you like, coat in some salsa or guacamole, and wrap in romaine lettuce leaves.  Compact, convenient, and delicious!

• Like 2

I am a big fan of soup for breakfast, make a batch on the weekend and its an easy breakfast for the rest of the week!

I am a an eat breakfast at work person, so portable is key, and soup hits the mark.

I don't know why, but I hadn't thought of soup for breakfast.  I'm not a huge fan of ultra heavy breakfasts earlier in the day, so maybe soup would be a good compromise.  I'll have to throw one together this week and see how that feels.

I make a sweet potato hash out of diced sweet potato, ground beef, onions, garlic and spinach. toss it all in a pan with some coconut oil and cook until the meat is browned. Yummo!

I made teriyaki pulled chicken in the crockpot that'll be my breakfasts over the next few days, and I'm making soup out of the leftover stock and seasonings from the former.