Manic Spider's 77 Day Pre-PAX Log

Day 15 - the day I got back to lifting!

So about 11 weeks ago my bench was a bit weird, and my coach said "there's something up with your shoulder". I've got some shoulder bursitis and a tear in something I need to lift things with. So I stop lifting to let it heal, which is annoying and leads to me putting on about 4 kilos. But last night I went back and I wish I'd gone back last week instead of stressing about it.

Food/Drink

1920 calories

• Breakfast: Cheese and bacon roll, Red Eye.
  • Lunch: Spagetti Cabonara with girls lunch.
  • Dinner: (saved for me by parents for after lifting when I picked up my son) Chinese takeaway (no entree, weighed out a serving).
  • Snacks: Red Powerade.

Sleep

8 hours.

Exercise

Mobility Work

Box Squats - 20 kg x 5 reps - had to stop after the third set because of pain  - whole workout on Fitocracy.

I have to remember that it's going to take time to heal, and so I have to be honest about how I'm feeling to not set myself back. This is hard for me because I want to push myself when I lift, but I want to go to a 3-lift comp in February so I have to work towards that. So incredibly glad to be back!

Edit: Forgot to add - I'm changing my goal from walking half an hour each day (which has never happened and is almost impossible given my schedule) to walking half an hour three times a week.

Day 16

I'm going to need to start planning ahead for social events, so that I eat lightly during the day if I'm going to eat a billion calories at night. I also need to get something in place for breakfasts because the "I'll work it out in the morning" plan doesn't work when I wake up late (as I always do) and then say "Stuff it, we'll get something on the way, just get in the car".

Food/Drink

3593 calories

• Breakfast: McDonalds (drive-through because running late) 
  • Lunch: Leftover Chinese
  • Dinner: KFC with friend
  • Piece of fruit: Banana

Water - 2.5 litres

Sleep

8 hours. I'm getting used to getting this much sleep. I'm starting to get tired earlier.

Exercise

I can't remember, I think I did some mobility work but not much.

Day 17

A small victory! This was by far the lowest Saturday I've had to date, and I went out and bought a large water bottle for home so I drank more water than I usually would in a weekend. On the negative side, I managed that many calories with the lowest nutritional value possible.

Food/Drink

1930 calories

• Breakfast: Last of the leftover Chinese
  • Lunch: Cheese Rings. ( :hororr:)
  • Dinner: Pizza (friends over)
  • Snacks: Handful of popcorn
  • Fruit: Banana

Water - 1.8 litres.

Sleep

Went to bed late, but then my son let me sleep in, so 8 hours.

Exercise

No, too much running around between events. Basically it went - got up, gave son breakfast, ate, took son to gymnastics, cleaned up, gave son lunch, took son to his friend's house, chatted awkwardly with parents for an hour and a half, went home, cleaned more, had friends over. I need to get my exercise out of the way in the mornings on Saturdays because the rest of the day just never stops.

Day 18 - Last of the Catchup Posts

Today was bad in pretty much every respect. I took my son to the zoo but then I got a massive migraine so went home and just spent the afternoon sitting in the dark wishing my head would explode and get it over. 

Also, I feel like I should clarify that what I eat is not necessarily what my son eats. He's so into fruits and vegetables (even when offered other things) that I sometimes wonder if he's a changeling. I once went to a nutritionist, and she said if I just ate more like him I'd have no issues. Actually, he was practicing his handstands up against the wall the other day and he has defined back muscles! I was so impressed :)

Food/Drink

2461 calories

• Breakfast: Lefover Pizza, Red Eye
  • Lunch: Leftover Salt & Vinegar Chips (in bed with migraine because I couldn't bring myself to make food)
  • Dinner: Brown rice and cabanossi, garlic bread (basically whatever was in the fridge and didn't need prep work)

Water - 1 litre

Sleep

2 hours - friends over, then Doctor Who (they're simulcasting it here in Australia, but that means 4:50am)

Exercise

Walking around the zoo only.

Day 19

Life is very stressful at the moment. I am really doing my best not to eat everything. I'm trying in particular to buy small packs of chips when I emotion-buy rather than huge packs, so if I do eat them all it's less bad than it could have been,

Food/Drink

2,101 calories

• Breakfast: Ham and cheese pullapart, Red Eye.
  • Lunch: Ham and cheese pullapart.
  • Dinner: Fish and Chips.
  • Snacks: Twisties.
  • Piece of Fruit: Banana.

Water - 1 litre. I was away from my desk for most of the day taking minutes in a meeting so I didn't drink as much as I usually do at work.

Sleep

7 hours. Really getting into the swing of this "sufficient sleep" thing.

Exercise

30 minute walk. (2.2 kms, 13.35 minutes per km average pace - but the program stuffed up at the beginning because I had battery saver mode on which I didn't realise till the 5 minute mark notification said I'd walked 200 metres (um, no) and so those numbers are slightly off.)

Day 20 - Holy cow, only 57 days to go!!

I had a good session today. Man I missed lifting! My shoulder is going to be giving me grief for a while, but I am absolutely dead set on doing a three lift comp in the first half of next year.

Food/Drink

2474 calories

• Breakfast: Last of the cheese and bacon pullapart, Red Eye.
  • Lunch: Chicken Schnitzel and chips.
  • Dinner: Takeaway Chinese.
  • Snacks: ChocChip Cookie, Powerade.
  • Piece of Fruit: Banana.

Water - 2 litres.

Sleep

7 hours

Exercise

Lifting (full workout on Fitocracy):

• 4 sets of 5 bench press at 20 kilos.
  • 2 sets of 5 deadlift at 40 kilos.

The weights are really light but even then my shoulder was niggling at the end of the deadlift so I had to skip my last set and modify my assisted work. My PBs before injury were 51 kilos for benchpress and 97.5 for deadlift, but I realise it's going to take me some time to get back up there.

Also did my physio work at lifting.

Overall I'm feeling pretty darn satisfied with today and this week.