Red Queen's Battle Log

Hello and welcome to my battle log. I am not exactly sure what I want to log quite yet, however I am about to embark on a journey to the gym and will figure that out afterwords. I just wanted to get this started so I don't have an excuse to not do this later :) I'll edit this and make it better later. 

Alright I'm back from the gym :) I've been back for a while. 

The Warm up: I took this from the blog post.

Jump rope mins: 1

jumping jacks: 25
squats: 20
lunges: 5 Each leg
hip extensions: 10
hip rotations: 5 Each
forward leg swings : 10 Each
side leg swings: 10 Each
push ups: 13 on knees
spiderman steps: 10

I thought I'd have no problem with the jump rope and jumping jacks - boy was I wrong. I don't think I've jumped rope since I was a kid. I only lasted a minute. Everything else seemed ok. 

The workout: I did the stronlifts workout for beginners (workout A). I found it Here 

5X5 Squat, Bench, Row
10 Pounds 

I found this to be easy and fun. Next time I'll add more weight. I've never done anything like this before so I started out small. On my 4th set I accidentally did 6 reps on the bench and row. 

It took me about 40 minutes total to complete and at the end I sat outside on the balcony of the gym and took some time to close my eyes and embrace the workout. I'm heading back tomorrow to do some cardio intervals. At least that's what I've read is the best. Any suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks for reading :)
  • Like 1

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I realize the point of a Daily Battle Log is to actually log my daily battles aka workouts and the healthy stuff. The last two days I didn't work out, I can use many excuses such as, I was sore, I had homework, I decided to learn how to bead really cool things and spent countless hours drawing 8 bit characters to make out of beads....but the truth is I did all of those things. I also walked around at a local festival for a few hours and ate health-ish yesterday (I forgot to have some protein). Today was filled with school - it's the last week of summer quarter and the work load is piling up. Instead of going to the gym today I used the weight set that has been in the same place for almost two years. I put it to use today. I went with workout A again from the strong lift website. I stuck with 10 pounds because this bar is heavier than the plastic one  I used at the gym a few days ago. I think total it put me at about 25 pounds on the squat, bench, and row. I have to say I really enjoy doing the Row and bench press. Squats not so much. 

Here is the breakdown:

5x5 Squat, Bench, Row. 10 pounds plus the bar (15 pounds)= 25 pounds total. 

tomorrow I am going to make use of some of the extra time I have after class and take a long walk to the local park. Maybe I'll try jogging a bit too. 

Until tomorrow. 

• Like 1

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I don't think it's a bad idea to keep track of why you don't do things. We all tend to look down on "excuses", but what we really have is 1) what we planned to do, and 2) what we actually did. Looking at what we actually did and why might help us understand why we didn't do what we planned to do and enable us to make more realistic plans in the future.

At least, that's what I'm hoping :)

Good luck with StrongLifts! From my experience, squats gets easier as you get better at the movement.

• Like 2

I don't think it's a bad idea to keep track of why you don't do things. 

I'm really great at making excuses and then forgetting why I didn't do things. It makes it easier when I fail haha. But this time is different. If I'm supposed to use this as a tool to show the world the real me that includes my excuses. I'm using this as an accountability tool as well. Thank you for the support :) 

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I started out the day with some good ol' weight lifting :) I also have a win! I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 7 pounds!!! Wooo hooo. If that wasn't motivation then I don't know what is. I have a huge project tomorrow so I've been working on homework and getting all my assignments done. I parked 4 blocks away so not only did I have a nice walk home, I'll have another nice walk to start my day. One more day of classes, then I get a nice week and a half off before having surgery. I'll be out recovering for a week after so I'm really going to need some support and motivation during and after to kick it into high gear for the next 6 week challenge. I'm glad I found this place. I think I'll find just what I need here. 

How_to_get_skinny_teatox_motivation.png

• Like 1

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I'm still working on getting a routine going on workouts. I found a really cool app for running and I want to start doing that. I have found a few excuses the last two days to not run - I'm scared to run actually. Tonight I am going to the gym and I'll work on weights again. The good news is I have the next two weeks free from distractions (school and work) so I really shouldn't have any excuses.

On a positive note, I finally took all my water bottles out of my car and decided to start using them like they should be used.

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I have two. The first one is a C25K just called run, and the second is Run Up which is like zombies but instead you run to collect coins like you are in a video game. They are both for Windows Phone. Do you want to be run buddies? Maybe we can motivate each other to run/jog/walk each week. Either a specific amount of time or distance? I'm a total beginner too btw. 

• Like 1

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

Good luck with running - I hope it goes well for you. Last time I tried the C25K program I did some real damage to my ankle - it turns out my feet get up to some weird s#$t when I walk/run and I need orthopaedics to not damage my ankle. Boo! So I have to look for alternatives, because I am poor :P

Well good luck with the running and keep up with the weights - you are doing a great job :)

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

I'm back. Wow. I am really proud of myself. Not only did I actually do the full thirty minutes I also ran in front of people, I'm wore a tank top in public, and along the way I found "Believe in You" written on the sidewalk that I was running on and the app told me to run while I was on some stairs and I ran up the stairs and kept on running. There was just so much win in this run. 

i_feel_awesome_____by_rirock2000-d6hidyg

I feel amazing. Here is a map of the run I did. 

Now to finish some homework, a quiz, and some laundry. 

• Like 3

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I'm back. Wow. I am really proud of myself. Not only did I actually do the full thirty minutes I also ran in front of people, I'm wore a tank top in public, and along the way I found "Believe in You" written on the sidewalk that I was running on and the app told me to run while I was on some stairs and I ran up the stairs and kept on running. There was just so much win in this run. 

i_feel_awesome_____by_rirock2000-d6hidyg

I feel amazing. Here is a map of the run I did. 

Now to finish some homework, a quiz, and some laundry.

You have won me over with the Mikey post!
  • Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

Yay!!! You should be extremely proud of yourself - sounds like you did an amazing job. How nice to see "Believe in you" along the way - makes me want to go out and do some guerrilla art - inspirational quote style.

you should! I always love finding art like that. I have a stencil book with a bunch of Bansky images. I should finally use it. 

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

Hey gurl! Just came by to check out your progress and it looks like you're doing amazingly!!

I am so impressed. You're doing weights and running and really sticking with it!

You are making me feel like I'm slacking off. Lol

Ps tmnt snuggle is probs the coolest thing I've heard of.

• Like 1

LEVEL 2 | HALF DWARF | ADVENTURER

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 6.5 | CHA 1