Hi! After browsing around Nerd Fitness the last few months, I thought it might be time to jump into it and at least start being a part of the Rebellion forums. I'm still seriously considering joining the Acadamy soon as well, but I want to take some baby steps first.

A little bit about me: I've dedicated the last 6 years of my life to 2 things, investing in my church and becoming a nurse. Now, I'm still very involved in ministry, but I recently scored my first steady full-time job in my profession and I'm so happy about that! :redface-new: Now that I've finished learning how to take care of other people, I think it's time for me to put more effort into caring for my own body. I'm excited for this new adventure, since I'm kind of "stuck in a rut" right now in life and I think making some positive changes to my life will help that.

My main/long-term goals for now are to lose 20-25lbs, build strength in general but especially my upper body/arms/back/chest (I want to be able to do a pull-up), and build endurance (be able to run a 5k). I've been at least a little overweight most of my life, and I want to change that; I want to finally acheive the body I've always wanted and the ability to move in ways I've never been able to before. I know I need to start with baby steps though and have accountability, because without that I know I'll lose my committment to fitness. I also need to work on my diet, I'm pretty good about avoiding processed foods, but I need to get better with portion control and eating a cleaner diet; I'm strongly considering trying Paleo and/or Whole30 eventually. Right now, I really want to focus on making a habit of working out 5 days a week, I know that if I make it a part of my daily routine, it'll stick easier.

I'm excited to be joining this community, everyone seems really friendly and helpful. I'm also really excited for this new adventure and I'm ready to make some positive changes to my health.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-25

Thanks Wovercast! I was thinking about doing the next 6WC. When does the next one start?

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-25

Hey! Good luck there! You've pretty much taken the first step into healthy-ville so congrazzlessss!

The challenges have started so get going and make them habits stick, yo! I'll be supporting you, slick~

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.