Alright World. This log will be here to (ideally) maintain my convictions and keep track of my triumphs and setbacks.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.â€

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

I'm sure this quote is elsewhere on these forums but I really love it as it can mean so much with regards to embarking on any journey. :) I think it can also have positive insinuation about where the world can take you. I am excited about this quest!

For me this is to lose weight, gain strength and have an awesome adventure along the way!

I have recently started (although a couple weeks late) the six week challenge. I am on my second week now but have only today taken some body measurements. I'm a little embarrassed to post these but I know it will just give me more reason to be proud when I improve on these numbers.

Height: 5'5

Bust: 44"

Waist: 40.5"

Hips: 45"

Bicep: 13"

Thigh: 23"

I don't have any exact weight since I have no scale currently but I estimate I am somewhere in the 170s.

My main goal for my current challenge is to lose weight. I'd like to lose a pants size by the time this challenge is finished.

My three missions are:

1) Do 3 workouts a week! I have decided to commit to the bbww.

2) walk to and from work every day!

3) No more than 3 fancy coffees a week.

So! My first week was a success!

I did 3 full beginner body weight workouts! I did 3 full circuits.

20 squats

10 push-ups (right now I am doing wuss ones from the knees)

20 lunges

10 dumbbell rows (each side)

15 sec plank

30 jumping jacks

All of this x 3. With 2 min between circuits.

I think these circuits have been a great way for me to start working out. I definitely have gained a sense of how out of shape I am but I can also already feel a little bit of progress.:)

I also succeeded in walking to and from work 4 days and only had 2 macchiatos.

So week one I gave myself an A for a grade.

Yesterday was the first day of week 2.

I am adding a modified version of Steves dynamic warmup routine.

Before I begin my bbww I have added this routine.

30 jumping jacks

10 squats

5 lunges - each leg

10 hip extensions

5 hip rotations - each leg

5 forward leg swing - each leg

5 side leg swings - each leg

10 elevated push-ups

10 spider-man steps - each leg

10 arm swings

10 shoulder rotations

So today I did this routine and then my 3 circuit body weight workout. Yay!

I also walked to and from work yesterday.

These are my first steps out my font door, but I think I am on the right road. ^_^

Oh and as a side note, since I am still new to this and finding my footing I am identifying as an adventurer but I think in the future I will be aiming to join the rangers.

LEVEL 2 | HALF DWARF | ADVENTURER

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 6.5 | CHA 1

I just noticed that we're almost the same measurement wise. 

we're gonna be damn sexy in no time!

Woo! Twinsies! Our measurements are pretty similar.

Now I have to make sure to keep up with your loss so our measurements can match when we both fit and hot. ;)

• Like 1

Just popping in to say hi and good work on your goals so far. I'll be keeping up with your progress and look forward to joining in the next challenge with you  :peaceful:

Thanks Lishvicious!

Can't wait to see how fabulous you can be. :)

Workout update:

I am still on track for a great second week!

Did my second bbww workout of the week. I did my full warmup and three circuits yo!

Also walked to and from my old work to to pick up my final paycheque. Woo.

I also haven't had any high calorie coffees this week.

HA!  I am about the same measurements as you too, only about an inch shorter and probably a few pounds heavier.  Your plans look pretty similar to mine as well!

One thing I found is that on my next go around for the challenge I won't be focusing on weight - I WISH I didn't have a scale.  I just took measurements earlier this week to try to keep me motivated when those numbers on the scale don't budge.

Rock on! 

Human Adventurer: Level 2

|| STR 4 || DEX 1 || STA 3 || CON 1 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Current Challenge:  #2 ||  Battle Log || Past Challenges: #1

HA!  I am about the same measurements as you too, only about an inch shorter and probably a few pounds heavier.  Your plans look pretty similar to mine as well!

One thing I found is that on my next go around for the challenge I won't be focusing on weight - I WISH I didn't have a scale.  I just took measurements earlier this week to try to keep me motivated when those numbers on the scale don't budge.

Rock on! 

Woo! Twinsies! Our measurements are pretty similar.

Now I have to make sure to keep up with your loss so our measurements can match when we both fit and hot. ;)

Triplets! WOOH! Gettin sexy!

@mander110
Adventurer | Level 2

STR2  DEX5  STA2  CON2 WIS7  CHA1
"The time has come to test thy courage..." - Great Deku Tree - OoT 

Challenge | Battle Log 

Goal: Lose 45lbs

12%
12%

Rock on!

Nephthie! It's written in the stars!

We must be workout Bros. You too Manders!

Power ranger destiny.

• Like 1

Oh my god I am dying from work but still did day one of my new 30 day ab and squat workout. Whoop whoop.

It is Friday night, aug 22nd so my final day of the 30 day challenge will be September 20th!

I also stuck to my challenge goals by walking to and from work tonight. Woo.

• Like 1

Good job!  I did day 2 today as well.  I forgot that real sit ups are not that easy!  I am really looking forward to being able to do them with some ease when this is over, sit ups and push ups have never been something I could do! Thanks for keeping us up to date and keeping me accountable!

Rock on!

• Like 1

Thanks ladies!!

Omg I have been exhausted and sore all week. Just worked 6 nights straight and finally have a day off.

I did my first bbww for this week and am feeling great! I did my full modified warm up and all three circuits of my work out. For the first time going into the third circuit I didn't feel completely wiped!

I know it's a very basic workout but it's still been really tiring for me. I think I am getting stronger. :)

Also did the 4th day of my 30 day program.

Whoop whoop!

• Like 1

I thought I'd pop in and start following your battle log - I see you and I are doing the same warm-up routine! Jumping jacks are not my friend right now, but I am planning making them my best friend soon. Great job on sticking with the workout! I know it can be tough - especially after a weekend. Stick with it! Oh and are you still walking to and from work? 

• Like 1

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I thought I'd pop in and start following your battle log - I see you and I are doing the same warm-up routine! Jumping jacks are not my friend right now, but I am planning making them my best friend soon. Great job on sticking with the workout! I know it can be tough - especially after a weekend. Stick with it! Oh and are you still walking to and from work?

Thanks girl! I am still walking to and from every day! It is about a 25 min walk. It's a little tough after work sometimes but I feel really good sticking with it especially since there is a tram stop right outside my front door!

keep it up girl!  I did my bbww times 3 and day 6 today.  I thought I would feel miserable after, but I actually feel pretty good!

Woo! It feels so great when you can feel your improvement!

Dude, I did day 6, 7 &8
I checked when I started and found out that my day 6 was Sunday and yesterday was day 7 and TODAY WAS DAY 8. 
OH MY LORD. It was ridiculous.Don't lag, shit's rough trying to catch up.

@mander110
Adventurer | Level 2

STR2  DEX5  STA2  CON2 WIS7  CHA1
"The time has come to test thy courage..." - Great Deku Tree - OoT 

Challenge | Battle Log 

Goal: Lose 45lbs

12%
12%

So Ima just be real here.

It's shark week up in here and I felt like I was dying for most of the day. I still totally did day six of my 30 day challenge and my full warm up and 2 circuits of my bbww. I basically felt like dying afterwards.

Then I went to work.

I also totally walked both ways.

I lost the shirt I wore to my first few shifts(how the junk this happened I can not tell you, my apt is literally the tiniest) and had a whack attack and texted my manager asking if she had my uniform ready and basically she had a size down from what I have been wearing. I got to work, tried it on and well... Button up + boobs... You know. So good thing I brought a tank top to wear underneath and basically I was freaking out for like half my shift.

There was a wine tasting going on at my work though and well there were some half bottles left over at the end. Needless to say my coworker and I split the rewards.

Then when I got home my bf surprised me with flowers and chocolate. He knew I was freaking out all day. ^_^;

So I may have had some wine and chocolate but I kind of feel like they were well deserved... And I only had 4 squares. So justified. Done. That was my ridic day.

• Like 2

Ahh wine and chocolate, a shark week classic!  They can be good for ya in moderation anyway!  I am still a fan of my super dark chocolates, have a square or two when I am feeling the craving (I work right next to a fair-trade type store that has soo much chocolate).  

I did day 8 today.. 60 squats is A LOT of squats!  My booty is feeling it.

Good job keeping up on the walking to work even when you weren't quite feelin it!

Hopefully the rest of your week is less cray

• Like 2