Heroes vs Villains [Sept 15th - Oct 26th]

This idea has been tossed around a few times and it is due to come around again. NF has a reoccurring theme of just starting something, with less procrastinating, so here I am to say "Let's DO it".

heroes-vs-villains.jpg

Personas are recommended but not required, and may be based on existing characters or original.

This will likely (hopefully) be a large cross-guild pvp.

The mission for each week will be posted in the next post, along with score tallies. Each week will offer a different category, fitness or life type, and tiers. For fitness missions points earned will be based on the total a person did for the week divided by the max of that person in 60s at the start of the week. (Just fill out the Google spreadsheet form on those weeks, it will do the math because I do formulas and crazy stuff.)

If you cannot access the sheet please post your totals (daily is okay, but have a "THIS IS MY WEEK TOTAL" post at the end of the week for number checks) with large-sized (size 14) "Please Add:". If anyone does the adding quote the request post and type "added" in reply. I will check the week totals.

There is no cut-off. Anyone may join either team simply by posting "I am in as a ____" (hero or villain) at any time, on any day, in any week as long as it is before the day after the end of week 6.

Spreadsheet

Let the battle begin!

• Like 5

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Week 6 (Final): (Monday-Friday)

This last show-down of good versus evil (or mischief if preferred) was to be a battle of inner strength. The heroes have primarily prevailed in the most recent outbreak of war, but the villains were not yet ready to accept defeat nor to make the choice to leave to conquer new lands or remain as a peaceful citizen. No, the fight was not over. 

Core exercises!

Make sure to do a base 60s max for any variation you do, and record it.

Leg lifts, hollow holds, supermans/catapulter (same thing, but for villains), or hanging leg/knee raises.

Points to be used for RPing, just be sure any teleporting is in-character - to make the battle more interesting, and try not to be definite with significant damage/dodging so there is still something to play against; without a city, what is there to protect or rule?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your mission for week one: (Tuesday-Saturday)

Save an innocent civilian or obtain a hostage

-> With niceness

Do something nice, win a heart and new minion/sidekick/leverage/fan.

"But I wanna go kick butt!!!! /whining"

"You need to have a purpose/enemy before you do any ass-kicking if you want to be a hero/villain; otherwise you are just an anarchist berserker that gets killed before sending any message of awesome skills."

Tis important to collect minionssupportershaters, and nemeses (heroes always create the villains, but try to limit yourselves for now) before claiming a name and costume or else you are just a dumb kid in bright colors wearing hockey pads.

For each arbitrary act of kindness (AAK for villains) you earn 1 point for your team. Posting details, at least a sentence, is expected for theft and inspiration. An additional point is to be awarded for in-character posts about saving civilians or obtaining hostages/minions.

Heroes Win!

49%
49%

42%
42%

The league of villains quickly overran the city using trickery to gain followers and subsequently take hostages. Trailing behind, the heroes noticed these nefarious deeds; despite an initial difficulty from being a step behind, they began to sway minions away from evil and even negotiate the release of hostages while gaining fans of their own. When the spree of evil paused to survey the result, chaos had overtaken the city, but the villains found the city far more supportive of the heroes.

Mission 2: (M-F)

Villains! You mustn't slow your attacks nor allow your resolve to falter; now is the time to push back and strike fear and awe with force!

Heroes! Your services are appreciated, but please do not rest yet. The villains have renewed the assault upon our city and we beg of you to push back, both to repair the damage and to stop them!

Now that you have had a taste of the adversarial life (and roleplay) it is time to get serious. Villains are pushing over buildings, blowing supports, and even shoulder-checking pedestrians. Heroes are being called upon to not let any building or civilian fall while giving the villains a serving of their own dish.

Push-ups!

Knee, wall, standard, half-down, diamond, clap, . . . Whatever type works for you, just push that building over, or push it back up.

If you choose more than one type, you will need a second line, put the type in parenthesis beside your username in that cell, and do a separate 60s max as your first set to log. Your points are scaled by your own starting ability, and anyone who even tests him or her self will earn at least one point.

The catch? Villains may attack the city or a hero, while heroes stand guard or push back. You may post your push-up points first and risk being thwarted, or find an existing post, quote it, and counter with your own points. No reusing points, so hoarding for a big attack/defense is allowed, but multiple people can counter - until the first poster responds with an in character defeat/victory post. No extra points for RPing, but it should be fun enough for its own reward.

Heroes Win!

72%
72%

57%
57%

The lack of hostages and minions seemed to have hurt the villains' ability to take over the city. Their predictable plans were met and crushed by the heroes, for the most part (power station aside), with haste. Doomsday devices, city-demolishing battles, taking over the world, it is all so repetitive and predictable. Dull. The villains could never win if they continue to repeat the same schemes, nor could the heroes hope to not alienate civilians. The answer lies in creativity, for more is needed for these tales to continue.

Mission for week 3: (Monday - Friday)

Try something new!

'Tis time for both the villains and heroes to abscond to their lairs and caves, so that they might conspire to form new plans of world domination or protection. One point for the team for each new thing tried, whether exercise or something else. It is highly advised that those pursuits are shared, so that your own team as well as your adversaries (it would be so boring to have no challenge in your opponent) may take some ideas. Roleplaying is optional, with no points given nor used, within teams to depict the formulation of new strategies in their individual bases. (RP in the thread with your team mates for fun if you want, but read all the posts (RP or not) for ideas on new exercises, food, or other things to try.)

Villains  Victorious!

16%
16%

31%
31%

Mission 4: Legs/Squats

Alright, all. In light of Harika's absence, I'm posting her reminder of what the challenge is. I updated the spreadsheet accordingly. Let's get a move on. 

The Villains came on strong. Apparently, they found exactly what they had lacked as the Villains experimented with the new and unknown. The Heroes tried valiantly to continue to adapt to the onslaught of new techniques, weapons, and assaults, but were quickly overwhelmed. 

Noting their position on the proverbial high ground, and riding the swells of their moderate victory at the power plant, the Villains gathered quickly (so as not to be caught monologuing) and decided that NOW was the time for them to STAND UP and overthrow the heroic tyranny. Heroes weren't the only ones to STAND for something, and the world was going to soon know exactly what these Villains STAND for.

The Heroes, weary from their fight and discouraged from their loss regrouped. They obviously needed to keep working on new things; the old ways weren't enough to keep up with the ever-shifting cloud of Villains. Suddenly, they heard a deep thundering echoing from the Villains' lairs.

The Heroes met eyes, weary, but with renewed determination. Who knew what the Villains were up to, but it wasn't likely to be good. Now was not the time to give up. Now was the time to STAND strong. Though individually they weren't able to overcome the Villains, they had proven at the power plant that with teamwork the Heroes could prove victorious. Now was the time to STAND together! And besides, the Heroes had all of their fans to STAND up for. Side by side, the Heroes set out from their secret treehouse to take their STAND against the darkness.

SQUATS, EVERYBODYYYYY!

Hero's Win!

109%
109%

105%
105%

The momentum of new ideas was not enough for the villains to defeat the heroes in a display of strength. The heroes sprung from the ground, up from their defeat, and emerged victorious through the close contest. Both sides fought hard and well, but it was now time to return to their lairs, caves, fortresses, and manors to nurse wounds and celebrate or plan a new assault.

Mission 5: (Monday-Saturday)

One's lair/cave is a refection of one's mental state, for where we are most sheltered we allow our inner chaos or calm to be set free.

This week, the aim is to shorten your to-do list to clear it of clutter and gain some mental peace. Look at your to-do list, and find the items that would take 5 minutes (maybe up to 10) and just do it now. One point will be awarded for each item completed.

Note: Doing some work (5 minutes) on a task that is large but otherwise put off for at least a month may count, but only once per task. For example, if you have put off working on a writing project for many weeks, some work on it will count, but only for one point for the whole week no matter how much time you work on it.

TIE!

44%
44%

44%
44%

The brief pause in conflict ended when the clear-headed re-emerged, masked donned, villains and heroes alike ready for the final confrontation.  Calm in mind, the villains were now prepared to unleash a chaos not yet seen in the city while the heroes aimed to release the calm as the ultimate weapon against villainy and pacify the city.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Count me in as a hero.. But what do I need to do?? This sounds like al lot of fun!

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

What would you like to see as the benchmark for competition? It seems that the mini challenge style option (different set each week) has the most votes right now.

That seems legit and easy enough to handle! I need to get better at my own guild mini challenges,lol. I don't have access to google docs at work and have trouble working it on my phone as well.. So that may be why I don't mess with them too much. But either way, I'll do what I can to help the heroes remain victorious!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

That seems legit and easy enough to handle! I need to get better at my own guild mini challenges,lol. I don't have access to google docs at work and have trouble working it on my phone as well.. So that may be why I don't mess with them too much. But either way, I'll do what I can to help the heroes remain victorious!

Wolf

Note to self: Make a way for people to ask to be added and so that it is only done once per update.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I am planning to be a villain, but I am not sure which to choose. I am fond of Loki but I will likely pick a less recently popular one. I do hope this lasts more than one challenge so I can just play them all. :tongue:

Oooh, I get ya. When you said "persona" I thought you meant our RLRP characters ;) If we're gonna be representin' a readymade character, I might have to lean villian along with you.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human (Wannabe) Assassin

| STR: 1 DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 |

CURRENT MISSION : 001 : CYBER-ASSASSINATION 101

MISSION LOG: | 0 

Oooh, I get ya. When you said "persona" I thought you meant our RLRP characters ;) If we're gonna be representin' a readymade character, I might have to lean villian along with you.

It is optional, and you can make your own if you choose. I thought it could match the themes many people use for their challenge threads.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

What about anti-heroes like Venom? What category does that fall under?

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

Wikipedia just talks about its hosts, not what it does of its own accord. Is it more of a non-law entity that acts in both lawful and harmful ways depending on the situation? (Similar to a vigilante/protagonist not being a hero, but instead acts on his or her own without regard for the law.) Or a hero/villain whose actions seem to be the opposite of his or her stated side?

I would think that you could just pick what side you like the character to be on more.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I'm liking this idea so far. Harika, were you going to create a storyline for this? I think it could be fun, and also give reasons for the assigned exercises. Plus, it could leave room for different exercises depending which team you're on, e.g. Heroes build fortifications by lifting stones to make a wall (Deadlifts and other lift motions) while villains either demolish the wall or climb over it (bench press and other push motions or pull-ups and box jumps). Just another way for nerds to shine. :) plus, it leaves room for those who wish to be affiliated without taking a specific persona.

• Like 2

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

I'm on board and my next challenge will be hero themed (shock) so that should work out well.

I'm down with having a storyline and assigning an exercise to initiate battle, but we will have to think of a way to even the playing field. I guess we could have a test at the beginning of each week to see the max reps of each contestant.

I also know that some people on this thread **coughWOLFcough** like to write, so maybe we could have people adding a different piece to the story each week. That way one person isn't burdened with the responsibility of making a new challenge each week. I'd even try my hand at writing if it were needed.... of course it would be mostly .gif based.

• Like 2

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

So each week starts with max reps in one minute for the baseline for the exercise per person? That would also mean each participant starts each week he or she does with one point.

I have 6 categories and a bonus for weekly matches. One is arms. For example, everyone interested would do a push-up and pull/chin-up max in 60s test on Monday using the most skill appropriate variation, and then the total done for the week is divided by that number.

Do we want them all to be fitness related or are some life ones mixed in good too? Not all heroes, and rarely are villains, well-rounded.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

What are the six categories?

Also, on scoring, with the above example, is it the total number of pushups done regardless of sets and rep scheme, out do we try to do 1 min maxes, and best our selves?

The 1min is the base line that scales everyone against themselves. Do you recall abs(change in x)/x? That idea. This way a person that can get 100 knee push-ups, or only 10 standard has the incentive to go for the standard ones, but whose points are meaningless compared to someone that can do 200 in a day. Effectively each point is worth one minute of intense effort, but can be done however the person chooses, such as small sets throughout the day.

Should I list my category ideas ahead of time to be voted on and discussed, or leave it for a surprise?

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

The 1min is the base line that scales everyone against themselves. Do you recall abs(change in x)/x? That idea. This way a person that can get 100 knee push-ups, or only 10 standard has the incentive to go for the standard ones, but whose points are meaningless compared to someone that can do 200 in a day. Effectively each point is worth one minute of intense effort, but can be done however the person chooses, such as small sets throughout the day.

Should I list my category ideas ahead of time to be voted on and discussed, or leave it for a surprise?

I think I got it. Basically we're going for volume (lots of reps), and the point values are based on our one min efforts.

Really, all I'm curious about with the categories is are they body part based, or skill/guild based? Both?

Regarding what we do in a given day/week, I'd prefer to be surprised.

Also, if we have a story line to fit the challenges, maybe the person with the highest points gets to advance the story/pick the next challenge. That might make things extra surprising... and fun.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--