Heroes vs Villains [Sept 15th - Oct 26th]

I say we leave it as a surprise. Don't want people to vote on what exercises they think they can do best at. That way it makes it a challenge.

Agreed!

Gnome Assassin: [3]
[sTR: 6] [DEX: 1] [STA: 5] [CON: 4] [WIS: 0] [CHA: 1]

âWhat we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

Also, if we have a story line to fit the challenges, maybe the person with the highest points gets to advance the story/pick the next challenge. That might make things extra surprising... and fun.

Ohhh...that would be fun. I think the highest points from each side gets to add on to the story line. I think it would be neat to see what kind of story unfolds over six weeks when two different people are telling the same story from different points of view.

Gnome Assassin: [3]
[sTR: 6] [DEX: 1] [STA: 5] [CON: 4] [WIS: 0] [CHA: 1]

âWhat we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

Sounds fun!  I'm in as a Hero!  Can't wait to see how this moves forward. 

• Like 1

Sir Thalianost, Level 9 Human Knight (Training as a Warrior)

STR - 24.6 | DEX - 4.1 | STA - 1.7 | CON - 15.4 | WIS - 3.2 | CHA - 4.1

Those who live by the sword die by the sword... and wouldn't want it any other way.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th

Current Challenge:

Thalianost Branches Out

VILLAIN! HISSSS!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I'd be interested in giving this a try.  Sign me up as a Villain.

tumblr_lj9iasFcn61qitcr3o1_1280.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I totally want to join in as a villain with the evil and the lair and the sexy pleather outfit and the maniacal laughter and stuff . . .

• Like 2

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

This is a great idea.  I love the theme for a story line.  Count me in as a villian. 

It sounds like this will be mini-quest-ish?   Since this is to be a cross-guild thing it might be interesting to 'borrow' something from each quild's mini-challenges during the 6 weeks to help focus on something different each week. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Ohhh...this is gonna be good! I'm loving the cross-guild involvement! 

All the best Super hero /  villian teams have diverse membership

• Like 2

Sir Thalianost, Level 9 Human Knight (Training as a Warrior)

STR - 24.6 | DEX - 4.1 | STA - 1.7 | CON - 15.4 | WIS - 3.2 | CHA - 4.1

Those who live by the sword die by the sword... and wouldn't want it any other way.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th

Current Challenge:

Thalianost Branches Out

My villain identity is a robotic raptor, crafted by a drunken robotics engineer out of beer cans and spare parts. Imbued with superior artificial intelligence by a chance strike of lightning, I became aware of both how imperfect humankind and the obvious need to enslave them for their own good. 

Watch out. I can open doors.

• Like 4

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Count me in.

I will be either a hero or villian, whatever is needed.

I would really like to see some story here too.

Villain of choice = Taskmaster

268px-Taskmaster.jpg

Hero of choice = Captain America

CaptainAmericaCostume2-thumb-550x947-401

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm definitely throwing my hat into the ring as a hero on this one. Woot, woot!

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

Oooh, this sounds like fun! Count me in...

I was wanting to be a villain, but looks like you need another hero, so will go with that and assume the character of the rangerly protagonist in the novel I've been writing...and writing...and... Maybe this will kick me on the butt to get working on that more, too!

I like the idea of including life quest elements along with fitness. Does that mean we will also have some diet/nutrition elements to the contest, to reflect the overall six week challenge structure? I think that would make it even more awesome. I want to know what those baddies eat and try out some recipes. The epic cook-off between good and evil to accompany the knock-down, drag-out battles of fitness prowess!

• Like 4

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I would like to be in but I don't know anything about the comic hero/villain universes. Unless Medusa counts as a villain, then I would love to be her.

Should I list you as a villain then?

Oooh, this sounds like fun! Count me in...

I was wanting to be a villain, but looks like you need another hero, so will go with that and assume the character of the rangerly protagonist in the novel I've been writing...and writing...and... Maybe this will kick me on the butt to get working on that more, too!

I like the idea of including life quest elements along with fitness. Does that mean we will also have some diet/nutrition elements to the contest, to reflect the overall six week challenge structure? I think that would make it even more awesome. I want to know what those baddies eat and try out some recipes. The epic cook-off between good and evil to accompany the knock-down, drag-out battles of fitness prowess!

We still have two weeks, pick the team you want.

• Like 2

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Should I list you as a villain then?

We still have two weeks, pick the team you want.

I'll stick with heroes. I didn't put two and two together about it maybe helping my writing project until I was writing the post!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I guess you can put me down as a villain!

Taskmaster woot!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Lists are both updated. 

The consensus seems to be a weekly exercises/challenge category, with a list of variations and more accepted. Points would then be determined by the total reps done in the week divided by a person's 60 second max from the first day.

I have category ideas, but if you have some I will consider them.

• Like 1

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

If it is helpful, the Rangers did a mini with conversions and multipliers that eliminated the need for the 60 sec max. It is all based upon MET equivalents to walking distances, but would be quite easy to adapt to our purposes.

It makes it a lot simpler for everyone, provides fair equivalents, and there is still incentive to progress in difficulty as you can cut your volumes and time, but no one has to feel left out because of fitness level. I have another chart for strength exercises, too, which I find the link for if you are interested.

Hmmm, looking at it, there may also be a slick way to automate some of the conversions, too. Then it would be super easy...

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir