Heroes vs Villains [Sept 15th - Oct 26th]

Elastigirl  followed the trail of the mysterious stranger. He was a newcomer to town, and reports were he could be dangerous. Elastigirl trailed him for a long way across town, as the stranger wandered everywhere. Seeing no suspicious behavior from him, she stopped her trail and headed home.

I decided to walk down a few new roads and see where they led

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Madness is fun! My plan has always been to go out of my mind, and that's how I'll bring down Gotham. But . . . wait. What if a level-headed Harley can actually cause more carnage? Oh, the awesome evil possibilities!

Went to a nightclub, danced for hours, didn't drink any booze! Had a fantastic time, and woke up with no hangover. Yay me!

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Hey, folks. I got in over my head on PVPs and accountability groups this time, so I'm scaling back. I'll still be lurking and learning, but I need to step back from actively participating in this one for now. Keep up the great work, everyone - this is an awesome group!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Tried out a new exercise with a sledgehammer, the closest thing I have to a weapon.

Did a bunch if new stuff with the jump rope. Will only count it once though.

*mega smirk*

Thirty thirty needed to be strong if he was hoping to fight off villains. And strength didn't just come from training, but also proper nutrition. In his quest to add variety to his meals, he set out to try something new.

Tried a new pork recipe, yummy and can be stored for emergencies. Directions are in the Rangers' Recipe Thread

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6), Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Hey, folks. I got in over my head on PVPs and accountability groups this time, so I'm scaling back. I'll still be lurking and learning, but I need to step back from actively participating in this one for now. Keep up the great work, everyone - this is an awesome group!

You shall be missed. But it's good to know, acknowledge, and abide within your limits. :) Just means the rest of us will have to pick up the slack!

• Like 1

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

Made an almond-pear slow cooker cake for the first time after the success of the apple oatmeal cake. 

Also started trying to learn onodis with drills and trying to learn new movements:

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Power. Power is what's needed to bring those stupid heroes to their knees. Imagine their surprise when they see me lifting them overhead an flinging them into the conveniently placed vats of acid we always seem to have lying around the old roller-skate factory.

(Tried the 5x5 strength for the first time. I like the simplicity of the concept and need to lift heavier, so will give it a go for a month or so, more if I feel I'm getting good results.)

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

I come from a long line of villains. A very long line. My great-great-great-great (and so on) grandma was the most evil cavelady ever. I'm going to be just like her!

(One day of total adherence to paleo. I know a lot of you folks swear by it, but it's really, really hard for me since I love milk and rice. And hummus. But I'm doing it, and have already been forced to make healthier choices for workplace meals. Though I'm not sure life without wasabi edamame is a long-term thing for me . . .)

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

No internet at home for three days now, and no longer at home. I will try to borrow a computer Sunday night.

To be safe:

Next weeks is legs, with the same base 60s rules as pushups. Mostly squats, burpees count as a variation, and resting pose squat with max at once as the base if it is challenging.

Pistols, here I come! Woooo!

Current Challenge

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

Added turkish get-ups to my workout today for the first time. Learned how much less stable one half of my body is than the other half. >_>

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

The guards' routes had come too predictable.  Any enterprising hero could just watch the guards' path and found ways to sneak in.  So it was time to change things up and shift things around.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually do cardio then strength training, but after reading that it perhaps better for weight loss to do it in the opposite order, I flipped things around and did strength training first then went for a run.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also needed were some new traps.  So I went about hammering in traps into the wall and then loaded them up with poison darts.  Took some effort but I think the traps are plenty hidden and dangerous.

I also added in new handweight exercises: an upright row and an overhead triceps extension.  Good stuff.
  • Like 1

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

Ouch, Heroes got stomped on this one. 16 to 30? Well played, Villains, well played.

Current Challenge

101.3%
101.3%

Ouch, Heroes got stomped on this one. 16 to 30? Well played, Villains, well played.

Clearly we needed to do something new to turn this thing around.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

This villain is sad tonight. She definitely tried something new, when she had to drive her mum to the ER for a serious medical problem.

Mom's now on the way to an amazing hospital in Boston, and I am at home to take care of the pups. Now we wait, to see if surgery is necessary;.

how is your mother doing? hope all is well

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Alright, all. In light of Harika's absence, I'm posting her reminder of what the challenge is. I updated the spreadsheet accordingly. Let's get a move on. 

No internet at home for three days now, and no longer at home. I will try to borrow a computer Sunday night.

To be safe:

Next weeks is legs, with the same base 60s rules as pushups. Mostly squats, burpees count as a variation, and resting pose squat with max at once as the base if it is challenging.

The Villains came on strong. Apparently, they found exactly what they had lacked as the Villains experimented with the new and unknown. The Heroes tried valiantly to continue to adapt to the onslaught of new techniques, weapons, and assaults, but were quickly overwhelmed. 

Noting their position on the proverbial high ground, and riding the swells of their moderate victory at the power plant, the Villains gathered quickly (so as not to be caught monologuing) and decided that NOW was the time for them to STAND UP and overthrow the heroic tyranny. Heroes weren't the only ones to STAND for something, and the world was going to soon know exactly what these Villains STAND for.

The Heroes, weary from their fight and discouraged from their loss regrouped. They obviously needed to keep working on new things; the old ways weren't enough to keep up with the ever-shifting cloud of Villains. Suddenly, they heard a deep thundering echoing from the Villains' lairs.

The Heroes met eyes, weary, but with renewed determination. Who knew what the Villains were up to, but it wasn't likely to be good. Now was not the time to give up. Now was the time to STAND strong. Though individually they weren't able to overcome the Villains, they had proven at the power plant that with teamwork the Heroes could prove victorious. Now was the time to STAND together! And besides, the Heroes had all of their fans to STAND up for. Side by side, the Heroes set out from their secret treehouse to take their STAND against the darkness.

SQUATS, EVERYBODYYYYY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE2BPaEGQB8

• Like 1

Current Challenge

101.3%
101.3%

But squat day was yesterday. *shakes fist*

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Butt squat day was yesterday. *shakes fist*

there, fixed it for you!

• Like 5

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

question:

When doing lunges, one leg squats does each leg count as a rep or does doing both the left and right count as a rep?

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

question:

When doing lunges, one leg squats does each leg count as a rep or does doing both the left and right count as a rep?

It doesn't mater because of the 60 sec test.

My pistol squats are slow so I didn't think that I would reach muscle failure in 60 seconds of alternating legs. That's why I only used one leg for the test (then the other leg for 60 sec because I can't just work one side).

That means I get 2 points to start.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

My pistol squats are slow so I didn't think that I would reach muscle failure in 60 seconds of alternating legs. That's why I only used one leg for the test (then the other leg for 60 sec because I can't just work one side).

Thanks.Makes sense.

Pretty well! She's home now, and has a follow up with a surgeon to see whether it would be necessary.

glad to hear it. hopefully the surgeon meeting goes well. :)

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Definitely excited that I'm not the only one doing pistols for this. Although I did my 60 second test by doing 5 for one leg, then 5 for the other. At this point, I can only do 5 in a row with my weaker leg, so I'm hoping to see those numbers go up this week. :) 

Current Challenge

101.3%
101.3%