Heroes vs Villains [Sept 15th - Oct 26th]

Went through all my shirts and got rid of some of the old ones I'd been hanging on to

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Too brain tired to be clever and role play this. But I've got a few things to add.

More data entry, started an email campaign for the youth camp I'm on staff with, prepped for youth group (lots of stuff here, but I'll count it as one), prepped for course monitoring for our church's 5k run this morning, and helped my roommate clean our room a little bit. 

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%
TIE!

44%
44%

44%
44%

The brief pause in conflict ended when the clear-headed re-emerged, masked donned, villains and heroes alike ready for the final confrontation.  Calm in mind, the villains were now prepared to unleash a chaos not yet seen in the city while the heroes aimed to release the calm as the ultimate weapon against villainy and pacify the city.

Week 6 (Final): (Monday-Friday)

This last show-down of good versus evil (or mischief if preferred) was to be a battle of inner strength. The heroes have primarily prevailed in the most recent outbreak of war, but the villains were not yet ready to accept defeat nor to make the choice to leave to conquer new lands or remain as a peaceful citizen. No, the fight was not over. 

Core exercises!

Make sure to do a base 60s max for any variation you do, and record it.

Leg lifts, hollow holds, supermans/catapulter (same thing, but for villains), or hanging leg/knee raises.

Points to be used for RPing, just be sure any teleporting is in-character - to make the battle more interesting, and try not to be definite with significant damage/dodging so there is still something to play against; without a city, what is there to protect or rule?

• Like 3

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Supermans and hollowhold can be in seconds instead of reps, just do the max base as your single max (if greater than 60s in one rep) or as the total seconds held off and on in you test/base minute.

Ex If you in a minute hold the pose for 30s, 10s, and 5s your 60s base is 30+10+5=45. Or, if 60s is possible without pause, then your base might be 74s.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Cyborg sits down and takes a deep breath. He begins to play soothing bongo music to calm a group of elementary students to keep them from getting lost in the rubble.

+2 points

(I'm using L-sits. Got 40 seconds worth for my test, then did 2 sets of 20 sec)

• Like 1

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

TIE!

44%
44%

44%
44%

The brief pause in conflict ended when the clear-headed re-emerged, masked donned, villains and heroes alike ready for the final confrontation.  Calm in mind, the villains were now prepared to unleash a chaos not yet seen in the city while the heroes aimed to release the calm as the ultimate weapon against villainy and pacify the city.

Week 6 (Final): (Monday-Friday)

This last show-down of good versus evil (or mischief if preferred) was to be a battle of inner strength. The heroes have primarily prevailed in the most recent outbreak of war, but the villains were not yet ready to accept defeat nor to make the choice to leave to conquer new lands or remain as a peaceful citizen. No, the fight was not over. 

Core exercises!

Make sure to do a base 60s max for any variation you do, and record it.

Leg lifts, hollow holds, supermans/catapulter (same thing, but for villains), or hanging leg/knee raises.

Points to be used for RPing, just be sure any teleporting is in-character - to make the battle more interesting, and try not to be definite with significant damage/dodging so there is still something to play against; without a city, what is there to protect or rule?

Looking forward to the duel!  I don't understand what you mean by the last part though. We had been pretty definite in last challenges (ie against the city perimeter and water supply)Can you give me an example of what you mean by being too definite? And maybe an example of how it would be better worded? Thanks

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Looking forward to the duel!  I don't understand what you mean by the last part though. We had been pretty definite in last challenges (ie against the city perimeter and water supply)Can you give me an example of what you mean by being too definite? And maybe an example of how it would be better worded? Thanks

I think she meant, don't kill anyone, or cast any "ultimate" spells that, somehow can't be worked around. Thanks to that squiggly thing in our heads, though, even "ultimates" like a shield that, when deactivated, launches hallucinogenic poisoned, villain-homing darts, were able to be worked around by those crafty villains. But we don't want someone walking in and activating a hidden atom bomb just because they could throw down 15 points in a hit. 

That being said, I think it's appropriate to scale the size/effectiveness of our "attacks" to the number of points we can throw at something. So no saving the entire city with 1 point. :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

This week's battle makes me happy that I skipped my core workout yesterday and moved it to today...  Mwahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

The people of the city were grateful for all that the heroes had done to protect the city. So when Elastigirl sent out a transponder signal asking for people's help in repairing the city, the people gladly responded.  As they gathered, Elastigirl and the other heroes divided the people into groups and gave them tasks to do to help repair the city. Everyone was happy that they could help to repair their city as they went out in groups, ready to  rebuild  the town.

+ 5

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Points to determine attack/def action scale make sense. 

I noticed that saying an attack landed, or so-and-so is destroyed seemed to lead to some odd actions stretching in-character plausibility to keep up the battle at that locale.

Thanks so much for organizing this! Sorry to be such a pain, but aggh, I'm kind of having anxiety about this now. Really haven't done any RP thing like this before. And now I feel like I broke the rules last time, but honestly not quite sure what the rules were.  I did say something about Jitters character dying, but I just figured someone would save him. But maybe that was wrong? And well, yea, the plausibility was way stretched, but, I  thought that was funny (yeah I have an odd sense of humor :redface-new: )Maybe I'm over thinking this.  Sorry, really not very good at the RP thing I guess, maybe I should just watch guys for a bit and see how it works.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for organizing this! Sorry to be such a pain, but aggh, I'm kind of having anxiety about this now. Really haven't done any RP thing like this before. And now I feel like I broke the rules last time, but honestly not quite sure what the rules were.  I did say something about Jitters character dying, but I just figured someone would save him. But maybe that was wrong? And well, yea, the plausibility was way stretched, but, I  thought that was funny (yeah I have an odd sense of humor :redface-new: )Maybe I'm over thinking this.  Sorry, really not very good at the RP thing I guess, maybe I should just watch guys for a bit and see how it works.

i think you should continue playing. if you shot an arrow at my heart(as an example) and it landed in my chest but missed my heart then you were going for a kill shot, which you could claim to have made, when i use a point and share my side of the event or attack i think it helps the story. the only thing i think that really alters game play is this building is destroyed, oh wait, no it's not. 

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Perhaps going forward, buildings could have a certain amount of hit points and if the villains get enough points, it's destroyed.  For instance, building has 15 HP and I attack a building for 5.  My fellow villains attack for another 5 bringing it down to 5 HP left.  The Heroes rally and give 7 back, but then the villains give it their all and go for 12 points and the building is destroyed?  Then we move on to the next one?  spreads things out a bit and it's not as focused on 2 or 3 attacks?  I don't know.  I'm sleep deprived.  I must say, I have had a lot of fun with this PVP.  Having the teams going head to head was a lot of fun, and I think it pushed us more during our 6WC.  Thank you very much, Harika, for getting this together.  You did great!

skyfall_toast_cinemagraph_x_post_from_ci

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Building hit point could work. I would save the idea for a future PvP though and it would take more advaced planning/rule setting.

I personally really had fun with the freestyle fighting that evolved from this PvP, but I agree with no fatal attack that might discourage the less creatively inclined.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

No one is at fault, it is just a suggestion for improvement. I first learned roleplaying the same way, starting in a god-like thread then switching to other threads with slightly more rules (primarily social/assumed rules as opposed to stated) every so often. Really, the biggest factor is that the style and character power are dependent upon others because even in this thread of newbies everyone was good about being on the same scale/evenly matched in actions and allowing some hits to land and others to be blocked/deflected.

Perhaps going forward, buildings could have a certain amount of hit points and if the villains get enough points, it's destroyed.  For instance, building has 15 HP and I attack a building for 5.  My fellow villains attack for another 5 bringing it down to 5 HP left.  The Heroes rally and give 7 back, but then the villains give it their all and go for 12 points and the building is destroyed?  Then we move on to the next one?  spreads things out a bit and it's not as focused on 2 or 3 attacks?  I don't know.  I'm sleep deprived.  I must say, I have had a lot of fun with this PVP.  Having the teams going head to head was a lot of fun, and I think it pushed us more during our 6WC.  Thank you very much, Harika, for getting this together.  You did great!

That might help the RP not have to escalate so far if places are switched more frequently. Perhaps whoever introduces a location/building is allowed to list the hp of the structure if they want to fight that way? An old residence of stone could be 20 hp with the hero read to block up to +3 of attack? [20/20 +3] or a wood-based building a villain just sent a vehicle into with 4 points as [11/15]. It would obviously be optional and if the person who introduces the location does not then it is only in RP how destroyed it is? One issue is that with an active battle rebuilding is unlikely, so the HP could never go up and heroes would just be lowering or preventing hits from getting to the structure. On the other hand, that is the nature of defense.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

No one is at fault, it is just a suggestion for improvement. I first learned roleplaying the same way, starting in a god-like thread then switching to other threads with slightly more rules (primarily social/assumed rules as opposed to stated) every so often. Really, the biggest factor is that the style and character power are dependent upon others because even in this thread of newbies everyone was good about being on the same scale/evenly matched in actions and allowing some hits to land and others to be blocked/deflected.

Thanks,that helps my anxiety.It's the social/assumed rules I worry about messing up, having never done this before.  Still a bit confused about how to make it all work. I guess being a hero, I don't have to worry about how much I'm destroying something, since I'm defending not destroying. And if I attack someone, I'll let them say how how badly they were hurt. Though I do have pretty good aim ;) 

• Like 1

I how much our nerd sides shine through in something like this. "This element didn't quite seem fair, how can we tweak it to make it better? Sure it'll take more work, but LET'S USE MOAR NUMBERZZZ!" :D It's wonderful.

Also, my ab hurts.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

101.3%
101.3%

The people of the city were grateful for all that the heroes had done to protect the city. So when Elastigirl sent out a transponder signal asking for people's help in repairing the city, the people gladly responded.  As they gathered, Elastigirl and the other heroes divided the people into groups and gave them tasks to do to help repair the city. Everyone was happy that they could help to repair their city as they went out in groups, ready to  rebuild  the town.

+ 5

As the people worked to rebuild the city, the sound of bongo and kazoo playing filled the air. Excitedly, the people began to make plans to make the city even better than it had been, and they asked for the heroes help in building defense systems against the villains.

+2

Rebuilding the city +7 Heroes 

+1 point to elementary kids

Cyborg adds a kazoo to his bongo playing. The kids, now quite calm begin helping out, finding other kids who were lost in the previous battle.

(Elementary kids - H = 3)

As the people worked to rebuild the city, the sound of bongo and kazoo playing filled the air. Excitedly, the people began to make plans to make the city even better than it had been, and they asked for the heroes help in building defense systems against the villains.

+2

Rebuilding the city +7 Heroes 

LadyShello sneaks around the corner near the source of the melodic motivation.  Using her ray gun she destroys both the kazoo and the bongos.  The children, becoming anxious, run home to their mothers. 

Villians +3 elementary kids

Sneaking around the building to the other side, LadyShello sees Elastigirl's plans the citizens have been using to rebuild.  The raygun quickly dispatches of those as well leaving the citizens in chaos. 

Villians +3 to city defenses

Grand total:

city defenses (H +4) 

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

LadyShello replaces plans to repair the city with decoy plans.  The citizens calm again not realizing they are only rebuilding the city to the villains advantage and weaker defenses than before.

+3 to city defenses

City Defenses (H +1)

Elastigirl gets in her new plane to fly around the city and check out how the rebuilding is going. From high in the air, she notices that the defenses look differant than the plans. "Hmmm, looks like someones been up to some mischief" she muses to herself.  She quickly sends out a message from the plane's computer to everyone's cell phone that details the plans. She tells everyone to use those plans as it looks like the other one's plan have been tampered with. At the same time, she also  sends out the app for bongo music and kazoo playing, so that everyone can again enjoy the delightful melodies.

Seems like we haven't had as many people playing this round. I have 8 pts. I'm not sure how they are playing, if Phlanx and I have two different areas to count or if it is all counted as one. 

+8 to heroes (all counted as city defenses, or if we have two separate things then each gets 4 pts

• Like 1

Elastigirl gets in her new plane to fly around the city and check out how the rebuilding is going. From high in the air, she notices that the defenses look differant than the plans. "Hmmm, looks like someones been up to some mischief" she muses to herself.  She quickly sends out a message from the plane's computer to everyone's cell phone that details the plans. She tells everyone to use those plans as it looks like the other one's plan have been tampered with. At the same time, she also  sends out the app for bongo music and kazoo playing, so that everyone can again enjoy the delightful melodies.

Seems like we haven't had as many people playing this round. I have 8 pts. I'm not sure how they are playing, if Phlanx and I have two different areas to count or if it is all counted as one. 

+8 to heroes (all counted as city defenses, or if we have two separate things then each gets 4 pts

Knowing she can't do this alone, LadyShello sends her minions out into the city to sabotage the city defenses.

+8 to the city rebuilding defenses

The heroes have calmed the city, and begun to rebuild it. Even the villains realized that without a city there is nothing to subjugate. The long battle had taken its toll on the group of villainy and they simply could not continue the assault. The heroes had beaten them, a fact the villains finally came to accept, and they left to wreak havoc elsewhere or returned to hibernation within the general population waiting for their chance to come again.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains