Heroes vs Villains [Sept 15th - Oct 26th]

"Can you stop calling me that?" The man glared at Lola, dumping the crate of peaches to the ground. "I haven't been the president for a long time, and I was barely one before the fall." He ran an exasperated hand through his salt and pepper hair. "Call me Wyatt. My last name suits me better than any title anyway."

President James Wyatt had been the young, charming candidate that reminded the masses of a modern Kennedy. His wife had her pageant past and impossibly blonde hair. His son and daughter were both sunny-faced and full of braces. The southerners loved his (largely affected) Georgian drawl, and the northerners loved his progressive stance on environmental issues and his Ivy League education. He'd won handily over the stodgy incumbent, and had only been in office for five months when the sickness started. From the escape of Patient Alpha, it only took five weeks for Washington to fall. The White House itself was burned to the ground by angry protesters in week three.

Lola gazed at Wyatt, appraising his furrowed brow and slumped shoulders. "I can't say that I'm not stunned you've made it this long. You politico types don't exactly exude survivalism. How's the wife?"

Wyatt slumped further, leaning back against the empty fountain's edge. "Gone. They're all gone."

Today, I'm meeting with clients for the first time in my new gig. Not only that, I've been asked into both meetings because my colleagues knew about my personal expertise. Oh snap. 

• Like 2

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

Even though I do not neglect my body, I realize that there is always something that I can do to make sure that I can better serve Aslan. I approached a comrade and asked for his assistance in finding ways that I can better hone the tool that is my body. Another comrade joined me in this pursuit.

(I asked my roommate, who is studying OT, to help me measure my body fat % with my new calipers. Another roommate joined me.)

• Like 2

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

After destroying Syndrone's evil inventions yesterday, Elastigirl decided that today she would take it easy and relax. Heading down into her secret hideout workout room she practiced bending her body into unusual shapes. After that got boring, she picked up a sledgehammer and practiced being Thor.

I tried to do the crane today and a new sledgehammer move.

Notice I said tried to do the crane, it was my first time. If I knew how to do it this is how it would look

HP_202_Bakasana_248.jpg

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I will not rest until I have unleashed delicious Chaos upon Gotham. But first, I must whet my appetite, savor the longing. I will deny myself the vengeance I crave until I cannot stand the hunger any more, then I will gorge myself on disaster! Sweet, sweet tangy mayhem!

Managed at 16 hour intermittent fasting, from 8 pm last night until noon today. Not sure it's an everyday kind of thing (I got really unfocussed and cranky in a meeting at the end), but useful to know I can do it.

• Like 3

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Not sure it's an everyday kind of thing (I got really unfocussed and cranky in a meeting at the end), but useful to know I can do it.

Yeah, the first little bit can be rough as your body adjusts. I started unintentionally following IF, and at first my body hated me, especially when I worked out fasted. After a little while I adjusted and I've been fine ever since, even when I stop doing IF for a while and pick it back up again. It's all a growing process.

Current Challenge

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

ShadowLion had retreated to her den outside the city. She savored the pine-scented air and the soft sigh of the wind in the trees. She pondered Harika's words of how the heroes were alienating the people they served. There was truth there, though she didn't like it. The thought of it weighed on her mind.

Stirring from a luxuriant nap, she decided it was time to come out of the shadows and do something that made her very uncomfortable. She yawned and stretched and put on a T-shirt and jeans, so as to blend into the environment where she was headed.

Arriving back in the city, she went to her programming class, and instead of sitting quietly in the back, she took a seat in the center front. She asked questions and participated in discussion, and at the end of class, instead of slipping out while others stayed late and broke into study groups, she joined them and took an active part. She took time to introduce herself to five new people and trade contact information, with the commitment to come back next week and participate in a study session.

All of the socializing exhausted ShadowLion, but when she returned to her den, she still tried something else new. She knew she depended on her feline form's flexibility and balance too much sometimes. She admired Elastigirl's bendy ways and so, she worked her human joints and muscles with some unfamiliar yoga exercises. She enjoyed it a great deal and was purring happily to herself by the time she curled up for a little catnap.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Worked on some unfamiliar yoga poses last night.  Felt...  not great, but I am still dealing with a shoulder in pain.  
Signed up for a 10k.  I've not run that far in a race before.  I have to kick it up a notch.
Tried almond milk for the first time this morning.  Still not sure how I feel about it.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Tried almond milk for the first time this morning.  Still not sure how I feel about it.  

did you get sweetened or unsweetened?  It is a little different to get use to if you are using it as a straight up milk substitute (drinking, on cereal, etc) but wifeDee and I use it a lot in recipes from baking to mixing pudding (helps add a touch of sweetness and allows for the use of less sugar).

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I'll have to check on that.  Pizzazz (wife) bought it and I didn't get a look at it.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

The destruction of the powerplant really concerned Cyborg. He decided to develop a deeper understanding of 4 dimentional harmonics to more efficiently use his sonic cannon.

(learning excel bacics for possible new job)

• Like 1

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Though discipline and consistency is something that I highly value, I also appreciate recognizing when I have pushed my body too much and need to give it a break. However, since softness of the body cannot be tolerated in the Narnian army, I chose to do a different, if much more enjoyable, exercise routine. Leaving camp, I began with my normal routine of jumping the boulders to cross the river. But after that, I broke into a series of sprints, running down the path as quickly and as long as I could. As I gasped for air on my return to camp, I was satisfied, knowing that I had pushed my body, but without overworking it.

(My body wasn't feeling up to deadlifts and squats today, so I opted for some 75ish yd sprints. I liked the sprints, but also disliked them. I suppose it's like that for all tough workouts, though.)

Current Challenge

101.3%
101.3%

My oven's been broken since Labor Day and I love to bake, so last night I attempted my first slowcooker oatmeal cake thing. It's pretty tasty. :thumbsup:

I also did pull-ups and chest dips in public at my gym for the first time instead of at home. My upper body is weak so I get embarrassed and like to do them in private. While the movements weren't new, the location was, if that counts. :)

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I was going to try going Full Metal Paleo today, but forgot & had milk in my tea before I was fully awake. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Huh, not sure what new thing I can try today. Long work day, then swing dance night. Maybe lunch will offer an opportunity to try something different.

I did try apologizing to someone I'd been kind of a jerk to online (long story--young not very well educated member of the in-law family who spouts off some really offensive political stuff on Facebook sometimes). Instead of just unfriending her (not a close family member), I took the time to send her a message, explain what she'd said that upset me and why, and say i'm happy to talk about it. She actually sent me back a really nice note and we had a little chat about LGBT rights and such, and I feel good about myself for not just writing her off, and reminding myself that sometimes teenagers just repeat things they've been told without really thinking that they could be hurtful. That . . . was pretty new or me. I tend to be a "one strike and you're out" kind of person when riled.

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

‘Rank amateurs, at least they got the power plant’ thought the Kingpin as he tossed his newspaper to the side of his desk.  ‘I guess it is time to up the game and enter this foray’.

“Thomas,†kingpin said glancing to his attaché, “it is time to make sure we have a clean house…a full analysis of the organization.  I want to make sure there are no leaks, or weaknesses.  If we are to enter the fray I demand that we are fully prepared.† With that he raised from his desk adjusting his large frame, “and I expect this done by the end of the week.

“Now where are we with this snitch situation, I understand the guards watching him have been subdued…I guess that means it’s time I meet them face to face†he said as he buttoned his suit, grabbed his cane and stepped out the door.

((In my first DIY bathroom chore I have stripped all the calk out of the old tub which has been a major pain in the ass!  Hence the ‘no leaks comment’ as I will be continuing to clean, de-mold and reseal.  Also in BJJ class this morning I pulled two successful splash guard passes for the first time one of them ending up in a face to face mount position with my instructor))

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I was going to try going Full Metal Paleo today, but forgot & had milk in my tea before I was fully awake. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Huh, not sure what new thing I can try today. Long work day, then swing dance night. Maybe lunch will offer an opportunity to try something different.

I did try apologizing to someone I'd been kind of a jerk to online (long story--young not very well educated member of the in-law family who spouts off some really offensive political stuff on Facebook sometimes). Instead of just unfriending her (not a close family member), I took the time to send her a message, explain what she'd said that upset me and why, and say i'm happy to talk about it. She actually sent me back a really nice note and we had a little chat about LGBT rights and such, and I feel good about myself for not just writing her off, and reminding myself that sometimes teenagers just repeat things they've been told without really thinking that they could be hurtful. That . . . was pretty new or me. I tend to be a "one strike and you're out" kind of person when riled.

I think this wins

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Sometimes the military rations can be a bit... dull. And as I prepare for my journey to the land of the Emperor Beyond the Sea, I know that I need to expand my knowledge of foods that I can eat. Therefore, I attempted a new recipe with familiar foods, and I gathered some new types of meat to practice cooking.

(I've cooked chicken thighs before, but I tried a new recipe. I also bought some drumsticks. It'll be the first time I've cooked drumsticks. I'm down for the adventure. :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

101.3%
101.3%

Attempted to make a medal holder for my son and I.  Didn't turn out too bad.  Needs paint, but the new project was a good time last night.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Lurtz had always just shot arrows into his enemies from a far. Maybe it was time for him to try something new and practice with the sword. What could go wrong?

Tried out a new exercise with a sledgehammer, the closest thing I have to a weapon.

Lurtz never was one for picture making, but the guy who put all the white hand prints on everyones stuff was going around bragging about his skills. Perhaps it was Lurtz's time to try out something similar?

Started a portrait in watercolor, something I have never done before.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Made a new cabbage stir fry last night. A+

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Lurtz jumped with his chain. The pain of missing was almost unbareable. Needless to say he learned fast. He has already mastered swinging it around twice in one jump, but now he had greater plans. He could jump on one leg, run in place, but what he was most proud of was the cross over. Bringing his left hand to right and the left to right. It was tough, and numerous times the chain struck him or tangled around him. But he finally did it. Content he went back into his lair to ice his toes.

Did a bunch if new stuff with the jump rope. Will only count it once though.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

This villain is sad tonight. She definitely tried something new, when she had to drive her mum to the ER for a serious medical problem.

Mom's now on the way to an amazing hospital in Boston, and I am at home to take care of the pups. Now we wait, to see if surgery is necessary;.

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

It seemed that the armor chest had sustained some damage during transport. Rather than throw it out and purchase a new one, I opted to apply a little bit of elbow grease and experimentation. As I continue to prepare for my journey across the sea, I understand that I'll need to be able to repair my own gear on the fly, because I have no promises of what I will be able to find with respect to stores.

Also, it was time to pay my dues, literally, but I found that my customary form of currency wasn't adequate for the amount owed. I sought out another way to compensate the drill master. 

(I experimented with fixing my dresser by purchasing brackets and screws. I've never done this before, but it seemed like it would work, in theory. So far so good! And I paid my rent this month with Money Order instead of a personal check. Neither of these things really feel like challenge-worthy accomplishments (okay, maybe the dresser), but the challenge was to "Try something new!" so... I'm on it!)

As a side note, Harika, could you post the next challenge at the top of post # 2 instead of at the bottom? It'd be a little bit easier to find that way.

Current Challenge

101.3%
101.3%

This villain is sad tonight. She definitely tried something new, when she had to drive her mum to the ER for a serious medical problem.

Mom's now on the way to an amazing hospital in Boston, and I am at home to take care of the pups. Now we wait, to see if surgery is necessary;.

Ack, so sorry to hear about your mother! All the good thoughts and wishes your way. :( 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin