Heroes vs Villains [Sept 15th - Oct 26th]

Just clarifying, we test ourselves with a 60 sec max, tally our pushups, and then use that tally to attack or defend?

So my spreadsheet entry could look like this:

Piccolojones | 45/60sec | 180 | 4pts

and I could use those 4 points to contribute 2 points to 2 different thwarting attempts, but can no longer use those 4 points? Do I clear the used points from the spreadsheet somehow to make sure I'm not using them over again? i.e. after attributing them, I clear my pushups back to zero?

Yes up until clearing the spreadsheet. If you want the spreadsheet to do all of your math, just start a new line once you use your points, or just have two lines, one for used push-ups, and one for unused points. The RP game is purely fun, the points I need on the sheet for the team scores.

Example

Name|10|120|12 <- used

Name|10|   3| 0.3 <-working tally

Then once the second row is at 26 pushup, you use two points and:

Name|10|140|14 <- used

Name|10|   6| 0.6

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

i had no deeds. was on the mend for a back injury, so i didn't get out or on the boards much last week :(

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I don't get online often on the weekends, but holy crap do I have at least one good story...  Of villainy!  

Thursday evening I chanced upon the perfect opportunity: take the wallet, assume the identity and terrorize this city under an assumed name.  Oh what fun I had.  
(Really, found a wallet, checked the ID inside and delivered it back to the rightful owner, refusing any reward he wanted to give me)
Friday morning, I decided to destroy any confidence a young hairdresser had and turned her into an informant for my nefarious schemes.  (had a lovely conversation with the gal that cut my hair and gave her two comp tickets I had to Ren Fest)
Friday night, I saw two young villains trying to make a name for themselves.  In my neighborhood.  I don't take kindly to competition, so I chased them off.

Friday night is still something that gets me worked up.  My wife was with our kids and her mother at a football game that our nieces were in the pregame show.  I was watching Archer.  It's about 7:45 in the evening and the sun had gone down.  I am used to hearing kids playing and yelling in the neighborhood.  What I don't often hear is someone calling for help.  Over the TV, with my door and windows closed.  I jump up, slip on my air walks and head outside.  Someone is coming up my stairs telling me someone was being assaulted down the street.  I get down to the street and see two young males running.  I do the only sensible thing I can do, I chase after them.  Unfortunately, I'm not in my running shoes and I can't quite catch up.  I am able to follow them for a few blocks until they disappear down an alley.  I don't see them.  A voice that had been silenced by adrenaline told me they could very well be luring me down the alley so they can prevent me from following any more.  I stop and wait a minute.  One of them runs out from a driveway and books it down the alley, but I get a bit more of a description off him.  Find a neighbor I know coming back from a walk with his dog.  I fill him in and we go see to the victim.  Here's the timeline from everyone involved:
Two young ladies were door to dooring it selling local newspaper subscriptions.  One on either side of the street.  The one on the side of the street opposite mine was coming down the stairs of a house when she saw these two start walking towards her.  She immediately turned around and went back to the porch she was just on.  She heard them whispering until she turned.  Then they walked on.  They went a couple houses down to where the assault took place.  A older neighbor was getting out of his truck when one of the thugs went up to him like he wanted to give him a fist bump.  The other went to the other side of the truck to cut off any escape.  Why?  Because the first one started beating this man.  They both were punching him for no real apparent reason.  They were taunting him saying "What are you going to do about this!?"  He kicked at one of them.  They grabbed his phone from his back pocket, but threw it down.  I'm thinking they were looking for a wallet.  Less of a chance to track, I'm thinking.  He started to yell for help.  One neighbor came out, and one of the thugs started walking to him and reached down like he was going for a weapon.  The neighbor backed off.  They goons started running.  I see them run past and give chase.  I wish I was better prepared for it, but I hope they now know you do not start something like this in our neighborhood.  Police come.  Ambulance shows up.  See my brother (he's paramedic on my cities fire department).  Chat with the PD (they are the beat cops that we all know).  They say there was a few of these happening and they have 3 squads and one K9 unit looking for these scum bags.  Waiting to hear if they got caught.  
I wasn't able to give a good description to PD of what they looked like due to bad lighting in the neighborhood.  My step father works for the city in public works, so last night at dinner, I had asked him how we can go about getting better lighting on our street.  He gave me the contact info on who to talk to and he said he'd put in a word at the office today.  I just sent the email off and I hope for a positive response soon.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

In addition to the usual vampire baddies trolling my city in the darkness, I notice some new villainous scum activity accruing. Looks like they're planning something big. I've got a bad feeling about this. So I decide to test my base's defenses in preparation for a possible assault.

(I can do 16 full push-ups in a row! That's the most I've been able to knock out at once in a long time  :joyous:)

(PS - Jitters! that's some mighty fine citizenship in action. I am so impressed! What a great example to set)

• Like 1

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.

Whoa, Jitters, I like your reaction!

Scary though, that they would do something like that (it seems to be more about beating than stealing) with other people still out.

I just get upset at this behavior for so many reasons.  First and foremost, why?  Why would you assault someone?  What's the long term thinking there?  At what point in these young lives did something go so wrong that they thought this was okay?  Where did the system fail them?  How can we make it better?  What if it was my wife coming home with our kids?  I will not live in fear of people who do things like this.  I will work until the day I die to make this world a better place.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I don't get online often on the weekends, but holy crap do I have at least one good story...  Of villainy!  

Thursday evening I chanced upon the perfect opportunity: take the wallet, assume the identity and terrorize this city under an assumed name.  Oh what fun I had.  

(Really, found a wallet, checked the ID inside and delivered it back to the rightful owner, refusing any reward he wanted to give me)

Friday morning, I decided to destroy any confidence a young hairdresser had and turned her into an informant for my nefarious schemes.  (had a lovely conversation with the gal that cut my hair and gave her two comp tickets I had to Ren Fest)

Friday night, I saw two young villains trying to make a name for themselves.  In my neighborhood.  I don't take kindly to competition, so I chased them off.

Friday night is still something that gets me worked up.  My wife was with our kids and her mother at a football game that our nieces were in the pregame show.  I was watching Archer.  It's about 7:45 in the evening and the sun had gone down.  I am used to hearing kids playing and yelling in the neighborhood.  What I don't often hear is someone calling for help.  Over the TV, with my door and windows closed.  I jump up, slip on my air walks and head outside.  Someone is coming up my stairs telling me someone was being assaulted down the street.  I get down to the street and see two young males running.  I do the only sensible thing I can do, I chase after them.  Unfortunately, I'm not in my running shoes and I can't quite catch up.  I am able to follow them for a few blocks until they disappear down an alley.  I don't see them.  A voice that had been silenced by adrenaline told me they could very well be luring me down the alley so they can prevent me from following any more.  I stop and wait a minute.  One of them runs out from a driveway and books it down the alley, but I get a bit more of a description off him.  Find a neighbor I know coming back from a walk with his dog.  I fill him in and we go see to the victim.  Here's the timeline from everyone involved:

Two young ladies were door to dooring it selling local newspaper subscriptions.  One on either side of the street.  The one on the side of the street opposite mine was coming down the stairs of a house when she saw these two start walking towards her.  She immediately turned around and went back to the porch she was just on.  She heard them whispering until she turned.  Then they walked on.  They went a couple houses down to where the assault took place.  A older neighbor was getting out of his truck when one of the thugs went up to him like he wanted to give him a fist bump.  The other went to the other side of the truck to cut off any escape.  Why?  Because the first one started beating this man.  They both were punching him for no real apparent reason.  They were taunting him saying "What are you going to do about this!?"  He kicked at one of them.  They grabbed his phone from his back pocket, but threw it down.  I'm thinking they were looking for a wallet.  Less of a chance to track, I'm thinking.  He started to yell for help.  One neighbor came out, and one of the thugs started walking to him and reached down like he was going for a weapon.  The neighbor backed off.  They goons started running.  I see them run past and give chase.  I wish I was better prepared for it, but I hope they now know you do not start something like this in our neighborhood.  Police come.  Ambulance shows up.  See my brother (he's paramedic on my cities fire department).  Chat with the PD (they are the beat cops that we all know).  They say there was a few of these happening and they have 3 squads and one K9 unit looking for these scum bags.  Waiting to hear if they got caught.  

I wasn't able to give a good description to PD of what they looked like due to bad lighting in the neighborhood.  My step father works for the city in public works, so last night at dinner, I had asked him how we can go about getting better lighting on our street.  He gave me the contact info on who to talk to and he said he'd put in a word at the office today.  I just sent the email off and I hope for a positive response soon.  

Two thoughts, Jitters. First, bravo with your villainous actions disguised as heroic and selfless deeds. Second, per the score sheet from last week, you seem to be a worthy adversary. I look forward to continuing to cross my rapier with yours.

~Chief Mouse

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

Jitters - I think the comment "what are you going to do about it?" says a lot. Kids need boundaries. Unfortunately it will take those kids running into a bigger, badder kid to stop them from their violent power trip. IMO.

Bravo to you though, but do be careful. You don't know what these miscreants are capable of. I think the better lights is a great solution though.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Just tested it: regular push-ups: 1 set of 15, some seconds of rest, 1 set of 5, then my timer went of.

I didn't even know I could do 15 push-ups in a row :D

"The only stones left standing will be my victims" laughed Medusa as she send her snakes to demolish the Great Wall. (1 pt)

First I have to deal with vampires, and now SNAKES??? [Runs around trying to stake snakes]... doesn't work well. I need to find a katana

(Are there any heroes here that loan me a some kind of sword? I'll also accept broadswords, machetes)

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.

Just tested it: regular push-ups: 1 set of 15, some seconds of rest, 1 set of 5, then my timer went of.

I didn't even know I could do 15 push-ups in a row :D

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" *gun blast*

45272639116698c8ec32c4d6d70bc869thirty_t

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE M*F'N SNAKES" *gun blast* "IN THIS M*F'N TOWN!" *gun blast*

304920-2406579-3030_image.jpg

Thirty Thirty shoots Medusa's snakes off before he holsters the gun and braces to prevent the wall from collapsing

(Did 21 Pushups last night)

(Are there any heroes here that loan me a some kind of sword? I'll also accept broadswords, machetes)

Gotcha covered

• Like 2

Lvl 62 Multitasker

((Lola pauses her adventures in Nova, as this challenge requires GUEST STAR APPEARANCES.))

Before the Zombie Apocalypse, Lola was totally a member of Hydra.

In her well-tailored blazer and tight pencil skirt, auburn hair wrapped tightly in a chignon, Lola strolled confidently into S.H.I.E.L.D. She smiled brightly, flashing her blue eyes at every stiff with an earpiece. No one would ever doubt this Black Widow look-alike belonged. Lola approached the elevators and swiped a crisp ID card. "Welcome, Mr. Higashi". Lola stepped between the elevator doors, grinning nefariously as they close.

Down... down... down... The doors open at B13, a baker's dozen floors beneath the city streets. Her heels clicked across the concrete hall, the twenty yards to the floor's only door. The words "HOSTILE RECORDS" are scrawled across the grey steel door. Lola whistled a quiet nursery rhyme as she pulls Mr. Higashi's card out once more. She presses a button on her watch, and a green light scans the card and turns red. Crouching, Lola slips the card beneath the metal door. She spins on her heels, and strolls back to the elevator. "100... 99... 98...", she begins to count, grinning with each stride. 

(( Your move, @Batwoman! If the countdown reaches one, the card will explode, destroying all of the records in the room. No one will be killed, and damage will be restricted to this one room. Lola has timed it so she would reach the exit doors 10 seconds before the explosion.))

(( 2 sets of 15 done, aka +2 pts!))

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

So I guess I am going with an Uruk-hai from LOTR. So might as well just go with Lurtz.

Lurtz moves the captives to the side of the pit, and prepares to kick them in, thus creating more of his kind. He bellows "SARUMAN!!!" and moves towards the first captive. (2 points)

I dont see where to save the points.. so I will keep a running tally here. (.9 remaining | 2 points used)

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I dont see where to save the points.. so I will keep a running tally here. (.9 remaining | 2 points used)

I adjusted the Spreadsheet and formulas to make it easier for us to keep track of our total points. Feel free to doublecheck the formulas to make sure everything works, but I'm pretty sure this should help make things easier for us to tally. Just make sure you mark down your used POINTS, not the number of reps required to meet those points. You can look at my or cn3wton's lines for examples.

So I guess I am going with an Uruk-hai from LOTR. So might as well just go with Lurtz.

Lurtz moves the captives to the side of the pit, and prepares to kick them in, thus creating more of his kind. He bellows "SARUMAN!!!" and moves towards the first captive. (2 points)

Upon hearing the beast's cry to the dark wizard, I realized that lurking, spying in the shadows was no longer an option. Sprinting as fast as my legs could carry me, I managed to reach the Uruk-Hai just before he reached the first captive. Jabbing my rapier into his calf then darting away. The beast roars in pain and rage, squaring off with me, the captives temporarily forgotten.

"Come at me, spawn of darkness! I shall reveal to you the light of the Emperor Beyond the Sea!" (2 pts)

Current Challenge

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

*Whilst practicing my soon to be famous evil laugh, "muwhahahahah!" I got a bit carried away and pushed down several walls on the neighboring block. I suppose you could say that I am clearing out a bit for the purpose of evil lair expansion. Hope that doesn't garner attention from the heroes yet. My anti-matter blast ray isn't quite finished, and I have to rebuild a whole wall!*

(Oh sworkit and your multiple push up sets...

2x8

2x9

2x7

1x8

1x9

1x6

Total 71 kneeling reverse pushups

*now that I have read the rules more properish: 2 points)

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

to clarify : If my hero post hasn't yet been countered by a villian, may I add points to it?

I'm really worried about the power plant...

I'd say you could just add to it (e.g. "continuing my fortifications...") and give a total at the end of the new post (e.g. "... I have 6000 points of defense!")

Current Challenge

101.3%
101.3%

*Whilst practicing my soon to be famous evil laugh, "muwhahahahah!" I got a bit carried away and pushed down several walls on the neighboring block. I suppose you could say that I am clearing out a bit for the purpose of evil lair expansion. Hope that doesn't garner attention from the heroes yet. My anti-matter blast ray isn't quite finished, and I have to rebuild a whole wall!*

(Oh sworkit and your multiple push up sets...

2x8

2x9

2x7

1x8

1x9

1x6

Total 71 kneeling reverse pushups

*now that I have read the rules more properish: 2 points)

Elastigirll hears a noise behind her. She recognizes Syren's evil laugh. Quickly using her stretch powers, she stretches out her long arm, grabs the anti-matter blast ray and easily smashes it with her hands.

132px-Elastigirl2.jpg

2 points used

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Cyborg rushes to the fusion power plant. Untold destruction would befall the city if a well placed nefarious charge was set off. He begins to construct a shielding array to protect it.

+2 points to the power plant.

Shego had quietly infiltrated the power plant, Draken's newest plan was an inefficient monstrosity requiring more than the lair, destroyed anyway, would have been able to provide. If only the fool would build something simple without a self destruct and he would have ruled the world decades ago.

She melted the lock of the security room doors, dispatched the two distracted watchmen, and shed her disguise.

shego-flames.gif 

She scanned the monitors and triggered the warning for the reactors getting too cold. That should do it. Maybe once they let it get hotter it will be enough to power this latest weapon. We moved faster than Kim would have been able to predict, so unless a hero just happened to be around there should be nothing to stop them.

(2pts)

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Shego had quietly infiltrated the power plant, Draken's newest plan was an inefficient monstrosity requiring more than the lair, destroyed anyway, would have been able to provide. If only the fool would build something simple without a self destruct and he would have ruled the world decades ago.

She melted the lock of the security room doors, dispatched the two distracted watchmen, and shed her disguise.

shego-flames.gif

She scanned the monitors and triggered the warning for the reactors getting too cold. That should do it. Maybe once they let it get hotter it will be enough to power this latest weapon. We moved faster than Kim would have been able to predict, so unless a hero just happened to be around there should be nothing to stop them.

(2pts)

Fortifications! These fortifications are hilarious! Harley does handsprings through the now-slagged open doors, landing in a crouch with a burst of laughter? "Radiation! How fun! You gotta heat this place up, baby!" On the word heat she does a little bump and grind, hops up onto the control panels and flips off of the wall surrounding the containment vessel. A crack begins to open as she giggles in a rather unhinged manner. "Burn, baby burn!"

(1 pt)

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Fortifications! These fortifications are hilarious! Harley does handsprings through the now-slagged open doors, landing in a crouch with a burst of laughter? "Radiation! How fun! You gotta heat this place up, baby!" On the word heat she does a little bump and grind, hops up onto the control panels and flips off of the wall surrounding the containment vessel. A crack begins to open as she giggles in a rather unhinged manner. "Burn, baby burn!"

(1 pt)

"Hey! Watchit!" ordered Shego as she jumped back and her hands went ablaze.

"You go too far and not only will Heroes show up, the whole place might blow, with us included. We need a strong power surge, not a melt-down disaster. When all the people are dead, who is there to rule?" Why was she always the only sensible villain? It made her feel like such a hero. She shuddered at the thought.

(1pt more for the villains at the power plant (Total is +2 for the villains), it seems that if not allowed to use the power AND stopped from villain in-fighting, the power plant might explode. MUAHAHAHAHA There is no winning.)

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains