Lish's vicious battle log

lish-xavier.jpg

Lish's Vicious Battle Log

- s@%t is about to get real -

The Background Story...

I have been fighting with my weight for the last 11 years, and while I have never been hugely overweight it has been enough to make me feel uncomfortable, unfit and just generally unhappy. Things have been at their worst since 2010 when I was pregnant with my second daughter and I split up with my husband. I developed a (not so) lovely binge eating disorder that has seen my weight fluctuating between 66kg and my largest at 75.2kg. It got to the stage where I was hiding while I was eating (in the car or my bedroom or the pantry), I was hiding wrappers and I was lying to everyone about my eating habits. On one weekend I ate over a kilogram of white chocolate, most nights I could go through a loaf of bread with jam spread liberally on each piece - basically I just ate every sweet thing in sight. I'm actually surprised I didn't put on more weight.

Where to now?

So now I am wiping the slate clean, and starting all over again. I've had enough of feeling frumpy and bloated. I want to take on the world - I am going to get fit, get healthy and be the best I can possibly be. It's time to get vicious!

Goals

Nutrition

1. Eat nutritious whole foods - fruit, vegetables, lean meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, brown rice, oats, etc. 
  2. Each week after weigh in calculate caloric requirements, plan out the meals and stick to the plan!
  3. Drink 2L of water a day.
  4. Don't freak out when eating out, just eat the healthiest option and use portion control.
  5. NO MORE BINGE EATING

Exercise

1. Do something active every day.
  2. Each week plan out the workouts for the week.
  3. Work towards training in Muay Thai.

Measurements

1. Body fat down to 20%.
  2. Weight down to 62kg.

Starting stats (11th August 2014)

Weight: 75.2kg

BF%: 32.3

Bicep: 28.5cm

Chest: 95cm

Waist: 87.5cm

Hips: 101.5cm

Thigh: 61cm

Calf: 38cm

Current stats (12th October 2014)

Weight: 69.5kg (down 5.7kg)

BF%: 29.9 (down 2.4%)

Bicep: 28cm (down 0.5cm)

Chest: 90.5cm (down 4.5cm)

Waist: 77.5cm (down 10cm)

Hips: 100cm (down 1.5cm)

Thigh: 57cm (down 4cm)

Calf: 37cm (down 1cm)

• Like 2

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

Hey hun found you and subbing!! :) it's amazing starting to notice the difference in your fitness isn't it? I noticed it riding 1st when I didn't come out of the ring gasping for breath after a round of showjumps! :P will join the Adventurer challenge not sure what guild I should join after that though not really looked into what suits me..

Hey hun found you and subbing!! :) it's amazing starting to notice the difference in your fitness isn't it? I noticed it riding 1st when I didn't come out of the ring gasping for breath after a round of showjumps! :tongue: will join the Adventurer challenge not sure what guild I should join after that though not really looked into what suits me..

It is amazing - I already can feel my core strengthening up - which is amazing considering the surgery and all. The first couple of cardio sessions I had I was sooooo out of breath, and now I am loving it and can't wait to do more. It just gives you so much energy and everything seems clearer. I don't know why I didn't start sooner. 

I've marked down the 15th of September for the challenge - I'm definitely looking forward to getting started. 

• Like 1

Today marks 10 days free of binge eating! Yay go me. Normally at this stage I would congratulate myself for reaching the milestone, and then shortly after feel inadequate for some ridiculous reason and start to binge again. I refuse to do it this time! Instead I am rewarding myself by buying some hair dye so I can cover up my grey hair and feel just that little bit more put together. Once I reach the 30 day mark I will reward myself again with something that makes me feel good about myself and is not food.

Today I turned on Just Dance on the wii and let my three year old decide which songs I danced to. Over an hour later I had built up a bit of a sweat and was feeling good. I would definitely like to do a more involved work out, but I'm pretty limited to what I can do. I can't afford a gym membership and I'm a single mother with little ones so I can't really go out for a run/walk at any decent pace. So I'm stuck with my Wii, workout DVDs, skipping rope and punching bag.

Nutrition wise I was on track today:

Breakfast - Protein shake made with skim milk, vanilla whey, blueberries and coconut oil

Snack - Ryvita crackers with cottage cheese and turkey, and strawberries

Lunch - Turkey, brown rice, cottage cheese, avocado, spinach, cucumber and tomatoes

Snack - Tub of peaches and a boiled egg

Dinner - Turkey, broccoli, sweet potato and cashews

Water wise I did a poor job, I only drank 1L. Must try harder tomorrow.

Oh and I spent an hour in the garden weeding - go the squats!

• Like 1

Well done on the food :) I am going out tonight always a temptation to not eat enough during the day to make up for eating too much and drinking later tonight!! No gym today either because I am going out.. I have mucked out 6 horses though and plan to ride 2 ;) I never drink enough water either and also drink too much diet coke!!

Today is the first day that I didn't exercise in over a week, but I am not going to beat myself up about it. I was very active and I was on my feet for at least 5 hours, so all is not lost. 

Food wise - another day binge free! This is probably the longest I have gone without binging since March so I'm really happy with myself - 11 days and counting. 

Breakfast - Protein shake made with skim milk, vanilla whey, blueberries and coconut oil

Snack - 3 Ryvita crackers and a tub of peaches

Lunch - Chicken, brown rice, cottage cheese, egg, spinach, cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes

Snack - 100cal protein bar and 9 cashews

Dinner - Turkey, broccoli and sweet potato

Failed miserably with the water intake today - so tomorrow that is my main goal. Drink, drink, drink! Also squats, push ups, dumbbell rows and planks tomorrow. Bring it on!

MegaShe-Ra Thanks - I'm doing my best! I have the jumbo water bottle, but I still forget to drink. I might need to set alarms or something to remind me to drink - funny that I can do alright with the exercise and nutrition, but I find drinking water difficult.

----------

I was feeling very slack today and was seriously considering just giving the exercise a miss, but then I reminded myself of my overall goal - and sitting on my ass isn't going to get me there. So...

Workout

Dance for 15 songs (approx 50 minutes) 

2 x 60 bicycle crunches 

2 x left side planks (45 seconds, 35 seconds)

2 x right side planks (40 seconds, 30 seconds)

2 x planks (60 seconds, 45 seconds)

3 x 12 goblet squats (3kg)

3 x 10 push ups (only 3 real push ups and 27 on knees)

3 x 15 dumbbell rows (3kg)

Nutrition

Breakfast: 250ml skim milk, vanilla whey protein, 115g blueberries, 1tsp coconut oil

Lunch: Roll - half with ham, avocado, tomato and beetroot relish, other half with silverside, avocado, cucumber and fruit chutney

Dinner: 120g turkey, 1/2 cup sweet potato, broccoli and 9 cashews

I had lunch at my mum's house today so just went with what she made and since it was a big bread roll with relish and chutney I decided to skip my snack for today. 

I'm a little bit excited today because my mum has decided to take the girls for a night next weekend - so I will have a whole day to myself! I want to go for a short trail walk and clean out my shed so that I can use my pull up/dip equipment and my punching bag. This makes me extremely happy. I can't wait to start punching again :P

Bit late posting yesterday's log entry due to one child coughing her lungs up all night and the other one having violent diarrhoea all night. Fast forward to bed time and there were three in bed and I was squished, unable to move in the middle - all night long. Ah the joys of parenting :tongue:

Workout

Les Combat - Kata (45 minutes)

Nutrition

Breakfast: 250ml skim milk, vanilla whey protein, 115g blueberries, 1tsp coconut oil

Snack: 100cal protein bar (10g of protein)

Lunch: Salad - 120g poached chicken, 50g light cottage cheese, 35g avocado, baby spinach, capsicum, cucumber, corn and tomato

Snack: 9 cashews and a tub of peaches

Dinner: Small chicken breast, roast sweet potato, parsnip and carrot, and steamed broccolini

So another successful day - and I even got in a trip to the park with the girls (before all the coughing and pooping started). I will endeavour to get out to the park more often with the girls - now that the weather is warming up again. 

Weigh in day today and it was a happy one - down 1kg and 0.4% body fat! Hell yeah! 

Last stats

Weight: 73.8kg

BF%: 31.4 

Current stats

Weight: 72.8kg (down 1kg)

BF%: 31 (down 0.4%)

So today I felt like a crazy woman - totally tore down a tree in my backyard and did a whole lot of weeding. It was great to be out in the sunshine cleaning up the garden - does it make me strange that one of my favourite things to do is weeding? I'm trying to get the garden ready for the big birthday bash for my daughters - 2 months to go!

I've also been thinking a lot about where I want to go with my fitness journey since I joined the rebellion. At first I thought I would be heading down the Ranger path, but now I think I have decided that I am going to be a monk. Back in my university days I did kickboxing (only for fitness, not competing) and I absolutely loved it. So I'm going to be cracking out the skipping rope, wrapping up my wrists and getting back to the boxing bag. I've even been looking into classes and there is a gym nearby that does Muay Thai - so I might see if I can talk my mum into babysitting for me so I can go. Maybe as a reward for getting under 70kg? We shall see.

Workout

Dance 15 songs (Wii - Just Dance)

1.5 hours destroying the garden

Nutrition

Lunch: Salad - 120g poached chicken, roast sweet potato, 9 cashews and steamed broccolini

Snack: 250ml skim milk, pear and a tub of peaches

Dinner: 110g turkey mince, 1/2 cup sweet potato, 9 cashews, broccoli, snow peas, carrots and cabbage

Quick post tonight - just got back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy! The only downside to the movies tonight was that somebody decided to bring their baby (?!), which then proceeded to cry. I mean seriously I get babysitters so that I can go out for a nice adult movie and somebody brings a baby - gah!

Workout

BBWW - 3kg weight dumbbells for rows and 30 second plank holds

2 hours destroying the garden (sooooo much squatting)

Nutrition

Snack: 140 cal protein bar with 14g protein

Lunch: Salad - poached chicken, ham, avocado, roast sweet potato, cucumber, tomato and capsicum

Snack: Cheese and tub of peaches in mango juice

Dinner: 120g poached chicken, 1/2 cup sweet potato, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, snow peas and 15g cashews

I just realized, I'm not following your battle log. I just changed that :) 

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy. I just found out Funko is going to make a dancing baby groot. I'm sooooo excited! What great progress you've made! I have a hard time tracking my food. I've been working on just making sure I eat fresh fruits and veggies each day. Now that I've been actually working out I don't want to but bad stuff in because I don't want to 1 gain any weight back and 2 I don't want to feel weighed down or bloated. 

A tip for drinking water that works for me is to carry a large water bottle around. I have a Camelback bottle which I love and then I also have a Nalgene for days when I have to take more water with me. I hope this helps! 

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I just realized, I'm not following your battle log. I just changed that :)

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy. I just found out Funko is going to make a dancing baby groot. I'm sooooo excited! What great progress you've made! I have a hard time tracking my food. I've been working on just making sure I eat fresh fruits and veggies each day. Now that I've been actually working out I don't want to but bad stuff in because I don't want to 1 gain any weight back and 2 I don't want to feel weighed down or bloated. 

A tip for drinking water that works for me is to carry a large water bottle around. I have a Camelback bottle which I love and then I also have a Nalgene for days when I have to take more water with me. I hope this helps! 

Thanks for the follow :) 

Yes the movie was highly entertaining - and I saw the Funko baby groot and I wants it - so cute!

Because of my issues with my BED (binge eating disorder) I have found that I have to be quite structured with my eating, otherwise I will go completely off the rails and ruin all my hard work quite quickly. So I have a weekly meal plan that pretty much stick to - it might vary a bit with what vegetables and healthy snacks I have, but other than that it is pretty solid. Also I try not be a crazy person when I eat out, so I just find the healthiest option and try to keep the portion in check.

I'm actually thinking about revising my goal about water after reading this article on NF - now I'm thinking I'm just going to keep hydrated - drink when I'm thirsty or if my wee is looking a bit yellow. Because if I just drink all of the time I spend the whole day on the toilet! But I have started carrying around a nice big water bottle so that when the thirst does hit I can do something about it!

• Like 2

I'm thinking I'm just going to keep hydrated - drink when I'm thirsty or if my wee is looking a bit yellow. Because if I just drink all of the time I spend the whole day on the toilet! 

sometimes when I forget to drink water or decide drinking soda is a better idea (which it shouldn't be), I notice how my pee isn't clear anymore and I get back on the water train. I hope that wasn't TMI, but eh, we are all trying to get healthy here! 

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

sometimes when I forget to drink water or decide drinking soda is a better idea (which it shouldn't be), I notice how my pee isn't clear anymore and I get back on the water train. I hope that wasn't TMI, but eh, we are all trying to get healthy here!

How dare you talk about pee lol.

• Like 2

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

Man Les Mills kicked my ass today - I didn't know there was going to be so many lunges in Shock Plyo and after my mega gardening spree yesterday my legs are now definitely ouchy! I have to admit it was a pretty sucky effort with my workout today - enough to get me hot and sweaty, but if my legs weren't already aching I would of done a much better job. Tomorrow I shall hopefully have functioning legs so I can get a work out in. 

I've spent a lot of today thinking about what I am going to do for the next 6 week challenge - and I have decided on doing the Rushfit program. I've started so many programs with good intentions to finish, but I always get slack and give up. Hopefully the challenge will be just what I need to push through and finally finish something! In the mean time I'll be doing Les Mills Combat workouts for the next 2 and a half weeks and just concentrating on keeping my diet clean and my water intake up. 

Workout

Les Mills Combat - HIIT Shock Plyo

1 hour gardening (otherwise known as 1 hour of squatting)

Nutrition

Lunch: Salad - 120g poached chicken, 50g light cottage cheese, 35g avocado, cucumber, tomato, capsicum and red cabbage

Snack: Tub of fruit salad (80cal), pear and boiled egg

Dinner: 120g poached chicken, 1/2 cup sweet potato, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, snow peas and 15g cashews

We are very similar indeed! Body-wise and fitness-wise at least. I was also thinking about starting (kick)boxing lessons. I have a punching bag which I really love. 

Another fun and cheap home workout is hula-hooping. You can easily make a hoop yourself for VERY cheap. 

Weight loss: 73 kg -> 65 kg or less. Current weight: 68.9 kg

51.25%
51.25%

Level 0 Human - Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

Battle log, ChallengeMember of the SKULLCRUSHERS