Lish's vicious battle log

Go Lish!!  I'm kind of nervous about taking/posting my photos when I get back next week... eeeekk... I can do it!! >_<

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Gah here are photos, I just took them - please excuse messy mirror, camera in my face and child in background...

d57b66b2-d201-4497-a98f-ae345663839d.jpg

First you don't need a year to to become Athena for sure and ill help you achieve that. As far as the kid in the background I see it has A glimpse at some of your motivation, and she's a cute kid. I have a son so I know how its is lol. I am going to help get you dialed in and reaching goals faster. You got this! I will write you to get a better idea of your situation.

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

Oh gosh you guys - thanks a million for the kind words! Confidence is a big thing that I lack and now that I think about it I think it all started when I was 21 (and a tiny bit chubby) and some a-hole yelled out "you're fat!" from his car. Ever since then I have real issues with always seeing the negatives of my body and never the positives. 

Now it is time to be the fit and healthy girl I know that I can be - gain back my confidence and just generally be completely awesome! I'm so glad I'm here and can share the journey with you all :)

• Like 2

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

First you don't need a year to to become Athena for sure and ill help you achieve that. As far as the kid in the background I see it has A glimpse at some of your motivation, and she's a cute kid. I have a son so I know how its is lol. I am going to help get you dialed in and reaching goals faster. You got this! I will write you to get a better idea of your situation.

Yes my two little ones are definitely a motivation - I want them to have a healthy role model, and be completely confident in themselves. How old is your son? My two girls an 3 and 5.

I would definitely love some help reaching my goals - just let me know what information you need about my situation :)

Totally forgot to do my daily post last night - I was off in la la land - having a bit of a woe is me moment, but never-mind onwards and upwards!

Workout was short and sweet, but enough to get a good sweat up. Diet was goodly - but I need to preplan my meals a little better because I keep on grabbing fruit when it comes to snack time. I'll put that on my to do list. 

After the girls went to bed last night I was looking through different home fitness programs - UFC Fit, Rushfit, TapouT and Les Mills Combat. I looked at reviews, the program schedules, what each workout entailed - and then I came to conclusion that they are just not right for me. I don't think there is any way in hell they are going to get me to where I want to be. So I need to work out a new plan of attack. I'm happy to just keep on keeping up the healthier diet and random work outs until the next challenge starts. However, once the new challenge starts I want to have a real plan - and go at it 100%. So yeah at the moment I am in a state of confusion but I'm hoping over the next two weeks I will get this shit sorted out.

Workout

Les Mills Combat - Combat 30

Nutrition

Breakfast: 250ml skim milk, vanilla whey protein, 115g blueberries, 1tsp coconut oil

Lunch: Salad - 120g poached chicken, 50g light cottage cheese, 35g avocado, cucumber, tomato, capsicum and red cabbage, and a tub of peaches

Snack: Pear and boiled egg

Dinner: 120g poached chicken, 1/2 cup sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and 15g cashews

What are some of the things you'd like to sort out? Do you have a set time of day that you can always exercise, or does your schedule change around a lot because of the kiddos (that's a problem my best friend faces)? Do you want to focus more on strength or endurance, or both equally? What's been your favorite type of exercise routine thus far? 

The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD and Focus T25 have been the only programs that I've liked enough to stick with. I especially like that both of them can be done for real in 30 minutes (and I was shocked by how much I sweat during the yoga...also I had never done yoga before and it was really easy to follow), but I'm more of a gym rat. 

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."

What are some of the things you'd like to sort out? Do you have a set time of day that you can always exercise, or does your schedule change around a lot because of the kiddos (that's a problem my best friend faces)? Do you want to focus more on strength or endurance, or both equally? What's been your favorite type of exercise routine thus far? 

The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD and Focus T25 have been the only programs that I've liked enough to stick with. I especially like that both of them can be done for real in 30 minutes (and I was shocked by how much I sweat during the yoga...also I had never done yoga before and it was really easy to follow), but I'm more of a gym rat. 

I want to:

• reduce my body fat percentage drastically - from around 31% to 20%
  • build muscle - I would like to have big strong shoulders and upper arms, a strong core and a nice shapely butt
  • be strong and fit - with a focus on strength

Time wise - exercise is all over the place because of the children and it generally has to be at home.

My favourite exercise routine so far was when I was a member at a kickboxing gym, so general kickboxing and boxing training.

I'm just trying to find a system that works for me that is well rounded and not just based on home fitness DVDs, because I find for strength training they generally fall a bit short.

• Like 1

I want to:

• reduce my body fat percentage drastically - from around 31% to 20%
  • build muscle - I would like to have big strong shoulders and upper arms, a strong core and a nice shapely butt
  • be strong and fit - with a focus on strength
Time wise - exercise is all over the place because of the children and it generally has to be at home.

My favourite exercise routine so far was when I was a member at a kickboxing gym, so general kickboxing and boxing training.

I'm just trying to find a system that works for me that is well rounded and not just based on home fitness DVDs, because I find for strength training they generally fall a bit short.

Let get you a butt with squats!

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

Okay I think I have a little routine worked out for the first two weeks of September before the 6 week challenge.

Week 1:

• Monday: BWW A
  • Tuesday: C25K
  • Wednesday: BWW B
  • Thursday: Muay Thai DVD 
  • Friday: REST
  • Saturday: BWW A
  • Sunday: Boxing Circuit

Week 2:

• Monday: BWW B
  • Tuesday: C25K (only if my ankle likes it) 
  • Wednesday: BWW A
  • Thursday: Yoga DVD
  • Friday: REST
  • Saturday: BWW B
  • Sunday: Boxing Circuit

BWW A (Body Weight Workout A)

Warm up (2 circuits)

10 x squats

20 seconds plank

6 push ups

3 x 8 lying hip extensions

3 x 30 seconds plank

3 x 12 prisoner squats

3 x 5 bird dog

3 x 8 push ups

3 x 15 second side planks

3 x 15 inverted rows

3 x 15 ab curl-ups

BWW B (Body Weight Workout B )

Warm up (2 circuits)

10 x squats

20 seconds plank

6 push ups

3 x 8 step ups

3 x 8 chin ups (lowering part only)

3 x 8 split squats

3 x 8 close grip push ups

3 x 20 bicycle crunches

3 x 8 one leg hip extensions

Boxing Circuit

5 minutes warm up skipping

30 seconds fast punches

30 seconds jumping jacks

30 seconds hard punches

30 seconds skaters

(above four for 10 rounds)

5 minutes skipping

-- what do y'all think?

• Like 3

Today was interesting. Miss 3yo wakes up with a fever, snot flying everywhere and a juicy, juicy cough. Usually she goes to child care on Fridays so that I can volunteer at a Cancer Centre - so I called up my mum to see if she could take care of her for a few hours. No go. She pretty much barked at me like I was asking way too much. And suddenly I am reminded that I have no one but myself to rely on and that sometimes that really sucks. I am completely responsible for myself and two small people - there is no one else. My mum will babysit occasionally, but other than that it is all me. So what does this have to do with my health and fitness, well I was kind of hoping and praying that I would have some help with the kids so that I could attend a Muay Thai gym a bit later - now I'm thinking I can't do anything like that until the girls are old enough to be at home by themselves i.e. years and years away. Meh. Poop.

Home work outs it is for now, and for years to come. 

Workout

None! Rest day today.

Nutrition

Breakfast: 250ml skim milk, vanilla whey protein, 115g blueberries, 1tsp coconut oil

Salad: Tub of apricot, 2 ryvitas, one boiled egg

Lunch: Salad - 120g poached chicken, 50g light cottage cheese, 35g avocado, cucumber, tomato, capsicum, corn and red cabbage

Snack: Pear

Dinner: 120g poached chicken, 1/2 cup sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and 15g cashews

Someone once told me (at a point that I was really low and didn't think I was worth anything) that they would love me until I could love myself. So I'm telling you lish, we are going to be confident in you until you have confidence in yourself :)

It's ok to get overwhelmed by schedules and options in workouts. I see Lanithroe is going to be helping you out and I think that is a great place to start. He is really passionate and cares. Try to focus on what you can do today and don't worry about tomorrow's workout or next month's workout. If you do, they give you an easy way out. when I was running the other day I started to think about what I'm going to do when I get back to work in two weeks and when school starts. When will I have time to workout. But I told myself to worry about it when the time comes. If I and if you really want this, nothing will get in the way. Just take it one day at a time. Check in here and I'll always check in too! 

You got this lady! You'll be an awesome Athena in no time! 

• Like 4

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

Great post, red _ queen!! *high fives* :D

She's totally right Lish, you can do this, and we're here to cheer you on! You may have some days where you feel like you've failed, but you just gotta keep moving forward. You're worth it, your health and goals are worth it!

And there's nothing wrong with a home bodyweight workout to fill in the gaps. Keeps that motivation up and that track going strong!!

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Today was interesting. Miss 3yo wakes up with a fever, snot flying everywhere and a juicy, juicy cough. Usually she goes to child care on Fridays so that I can volunteer at a Cancer Centre - so I called up my mum to see if she could take care of her for a few hours. No go. She pretty much barked at me like I was asking way too much. And suddenly I am reminded that I have no one but myself to rely on and that sometimes that really sucks. I am completely responsible for myself and two small people - there is no one else. My mum will babysit occasionally, but other than that it is all me. So what does this have to do with my health and fitness, well I was kind of hoping and praying that I would have some help with the kids so that I could attend a Muay Thai gym a bit later - now I'm thinking I can't do anything like that until the girls are old enough to be at home by themselves i.e. years and years away. Meh. Poop.

Workout

None! Rest day today.

Nutrition

Salad: Tub of apricot, 2 ryvitas, one boiled egg

Lunch: Salad - 120g poached chicken, 50g light cottage cheese, 35g avocado, cucumber, tomato, capsicum, corn and red cabbage

Snack: Pear

First remember to smile even when things look gloom, because life may have its storms when every thing looks like theirs no hope but storms pass.

I am a stay at home dad with a son that I can't leave alone for ten seconds or he tries to ride the dog, or play in the fridge. Before I got things figured out so I could train myself, train others, and post on here a lot. I worked out at home with just my body weight, but some times I couldn't even do that because as soon as I went to do a push up my son was into something. Here is a secret of mine that i used to get in shape while playing with my son... i used him as extra weight for my exercises. I would bicep curl him, shoulder press him, I would do over head tricep extensions over the coach just in case I lost my grip, I would do weighted squats, and let him ride my back as I did push ups.

You can do this!   

• Like 3

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

I really admire this! You've got yourself and two small people ( :) ) to take care of and still manage to get workout in there somewhere, while I can still barely take care of myself.

Here is a secret of mine that i used to get in shape while playing with my son... i used him as extra weight for my exercises. I would bicep curl him, shoulder press him, I would do over head tricep extensions over the coach just in case I lost my grip, I would do weighted squats, and let him ride my back as I did push ups.

What an awesome idea! If you get stronger while he grows up you can do this for years (I imagine). 

• Like 2

Weight loss: 73 kg -> 65 kg or less. Current weight: 68.9 kg

51.25%
51.25%

Level 0 Human - Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

Battle log, ChallengeMember of the SKULLCRUSHERS