Hit my Pull Up goal! Also pants.

I've been working on pull ups for about 2 months at this point, even from before I found nerd fitness. I started with your stereotypical pull ups, just moving myself about the height range of my head - chin over the bar, head below the bar, repeat. After coming here and reading a wealth of information on the subject I found that a true BEASTLY pull up is done from a dead-hang, every rep. Just even reading that I knew I was in trouble, and it was humbling to even try more than one at the start.

My goal for about the last month has been to hit 3 sets of 5 of true dead-hang pull ups within a bodyweight circuit routine, and today I finally DID IT! Actually I made 6/5/5. I've been stuck around 5/4/4 for weeks, so this felt like a pretty big deal for me!

Oh and the pants: today I'm also wearing a 34 waist for the first time in years! W00t!

• Like 6

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

Hell yeah! That is truly beastie. I have such a hard time lifting into my pull ups from dead hang, especially in the wide grip position. I can do it for the first two, but then half rep the rest. Your post is an inspiration. 

Be sure that when you go from the dead hang, that you are never disengaging those shoulders. Your lats need to be engaged and your shoulders should always be pulled away form your ears. I like to pretend that there is a mouse on my shoulder that I don't want to squish. 

Keep up the awesome, dude! 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I've been able to squeeze out the 3x5 every workout since, so it wasn't just a fluke! :D

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%