30 Day Yoga Challenge

So, I signed up yesterday before I left the coffeeshop, all pumped to go home and do Day 1, and then promptly missed a step, leaving said coffee shop and faceplanted into the floor, so my wrists and knees and shins are all banged up and bruised and I can't put much weight on them, so I have to take today and possibly tomorrow off. But I will start ASAP!

How is everyone doing today?  

Oh man, that's awful! Don't push it on starting! If you want a taste of it, you could do Day 11 which was a restorative practice... pretty much all on the back/relaxation/gentle stretching.

• Like 1

Oh man, that's awful! Don't push it on starting! If you want a taste of it, you could do Day 11 which was a restorative practice... pretty much all on the back/relaxation/gentle stretching.

ok, I will check out Day 11 for today then, that sounds like a great plan and still gets me doing something :D Thanks! 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I finally managed to do day 4. :D

If I keep up my current rate I might finish this challenge sometime in June 2015, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Ab day was tough, even though it was just 12 minutes. :blink:

yeah, im thinking if I can do 2 days this month, I will have seriously progressed! LOL! I did however, sign up for a yoga class on Tuesday, and at almost 250lbs, it should be interesting! LOL! 

I am going to watch the first video now, just to try and get myself in the mood to actually DO it after I watch it! 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'll be starting my challenge tomorrow (Monday)!  I have a somewhat weird schedule. I work 9:30 - 6, while the rest of my office works 8:30-5. This is so we'll have someone on the phones a little later. So, I could definitely do yoga in the mornings. BUT, I also like to go to barre in the morning sometimes, so I would not be able to practice every morning.. I really want to establish myself in a routine.

We have a fitness area at work - maybe I should try to use part of my lunch hour on my yoga! Hrm. 

When do you do your practice?

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

I'll be starting my challenge tomorrow (Monday)!  I have a somewhat weird schedule. I work 9:30 - 6, while the rest of my office works 8:30-5. This is so we'll have someone on the phones a little later. So, I could definitely do yoga in the mornings. BUT, I also like to go to barre in the morning sometimes, so I would not be able to practice every morning.. I really want to establish myself in a routine.

We have a fitness area at work - maybe I should try to use part of my lunch hour on my yoga! Hrm. 

If I dont do it before everyone else gets up in the morning, it doesn't get done. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

ok. I did Day 1, kinda. The dog thinks yoga time=play time! LOL! So I attempted to do Day 1 more than actually did it. not to mention I can't even cross my legs remotely at this point and my knee started hurting like hell bc the dog kept getting in the way and I tweaked it...next time he is going to stay in his crate during yoga time! 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I got through the first ten days without missing one. Then I missed a couple when I went away for a few days (and managed to leave my laptop at the airport...). I've since been really struggling to get back into it. I feel like I have treated the last few (I'm up to 13 now) as a chore and haven't really gotten into them. 

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Instagram | Twitter | Training Journal 

(Weight x Reps x Sets - all weights kg unless specified)

For me it is all over the place at the moment. At the moment my work is a frustrating combination of shift work and being a long way from home (sometimes I stay over there and sometimes I commute). So, I try to do it whenever I can fit it in. I've taken to putting my yoga mat and clothes in the car everyday when I go to work, so I don't have any excuse if I end up having to stay over (plus I think that taking it with me serves as a good reminder that I am planning on using it - if that makes any sense?).

I really liked day 14. I'm feeling like I might be getting back into the swing of it. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Instagram | Twitter | Training Journal 

(Weight x Reps x Sets - all weights kg unless specified)

I got through the first ten days without missing one. Then I missed a couple when I went away for a few days (and managed to leave my laptop at the airport...). I've since been really struggling to get back into it. I feel like I have treated the last few (I'm up to 13 now) as a chore and haven't really gotten into them. 

That's kind of where I am right now. I wasn't doing it every day, but at least every other day, and now a handful of days have passed...

That's kind of where I am right now. I wasn't doing it every day, but at least every other day, and now a handful of days have passed...

That's where I am too. I took off the weekend (didn't intend to, it just happened), and then yesterday, I only just started day 9, didn't finish. So current goal is simply do day 9 today. That should be doable, right?

For the current NF Challenge, I'm starting a team (Daily Diehards) for people who struggle with keeping up anything from day to day. Come join me!

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

CrossPosted from 20lb in 10 weeks PvP:

My history with attending group exercise classes on a whim, is laughable!

So I decided to go to a restorative yoga class, last week and put it in my calendar for today at 9:15am...show up, its not yoga...is a strength training, bodyweight exercises, pilates hybrid classand the instructor tried to kill us. I had planned on attending that class AFTER i was in better shape, but then I was there...and then I overheard some snotty bitch tell someone I would never make it through the class bc I was too fat. So I decided to try and kill myself on the mat! lol!! I made it through the whole class with only missing a few reps of three or four exercises (plie' squat crunches or something like that, are EVIL!)

My first ever yoga class was the same scenario, I show up to a Power Flow Vinyasa class not even knowing childs pose! lololol at the time I cried bc I couldnt finish a 90 minute class, not so today! Self Confidence for the WIN!

• Like 4

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Unbelievable! :(

That's what I like about my yoga class as well as about the gym I go to: everyone I have met so far is very encouraging and helpful, even if you are not a poster boy or girl for fitness (like some of the others).

Yes, it can be discouraging when I see other people do so much more than I can accomplish right now. But I am doing the best I can, and trying to learn and maybe do a little better the next time - and that is appreciated.

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I modify a third of the poses in my barre class. Why? Because I'm not at that level yet.

Luckily, no one cares. If they do, they don't express it. In fact, the instructor commented on how much MORE I was able to do in my last class.  I'll never be able to do it, if I don't do it!

Screw the haters. Anyone who thinks like that is trying to deflect from their own insecurities. 

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

So I decided to go to a restorative yoga class, last week and put it in my calendar for today at 9:15am...show up, its not yoga...is a strength training, bodyweight exercises, pilates hybrid classand the instructor tried to kill us. I had planned on attending that class AFTER i was in better shape, but then I was there...and then I overheard some snotty bitch tell someone I would never make it through the class bc I was too fat. So I decided to try and kill myself on the mat! lol!! I made it through the whole class with only missing a few reps of three or four exercises (plie' squat crunches or something like that, are EVIL!)

Nasty person. I really, really hope the instructor hadn't heard her, because it's bad enough in a classmate . Good job on making it through. I've got one friend who just up and switched yoga studios after experiencing that attitude.

If you can, go and look for a class where the instructor gives enough individual attention that they can tell when you're struggling, so that they can CONSISTENTLY suggest easier modifications until you actually learn them, and work on progressing that way. Starting out with the difficult stuff, and trying to force it until you've got it sometimes works out fine, and sometimes just means you get hurt. But whatever you decide, congratulations on just getting out there and doing it!

Karen 

• Like 2

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

Nasty person. I really, really hope the instructor hadn't heard her, because it's bad enough in a classmate . Good job on making it through. I've got one friend who just up and switched yoga studios after experiencing that attitude.

If you can, go and look for a class where the instructor gives enough individual attention that they can tell when you're struggling, so that they can CONSISTENTLY suggest easier modifications until you actually learn them, and work on progressing that way. Starting out with the difficult stuff, and trying to force it until you've got it sometimes works out fine, and sometimes just means you get hurt. But whatever you decide, congratulations on just getting out there and doing it!

Karen 

Thanks Karen, It wasn't so much that I didnt know how or what to do, or wasn't capable of doing everything they asked...they just assumed I couldnt by looking at me, and then I just hadn't done anything in so long, I assumed I wasnt capable anymore either at first but this was much less yoga and much more other stuff, as far as yoga goes, I know how to modify most of it...I just hate having to, bc I have been able to do it before, and can't now and it makes me feel like shit bc I went backwards, rather than progressed forwards. For this class, I was able to do everything, just fewer reps on some things and not hold a plank for 90 sec (but only crazy people can do that anyways ;)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn