• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hamp21

So.....I think I'm going to enter a Powerlifting Meet

Really?? That seems strange. Anything else I should know?

It's because they are the IPF affiliate in the US and try to intimidate people into lifitng with them because of it so that they can try to unify powerlifitng into only 1 acceptable international federation to lift in like in other international sports, all under the guise of it being tested and having the 1 year ban to ensure that any allowances or non-testing from the previous fed doesn't carry over.

Something like that. Nothing else that I can think of...

You make it sound like IPF is a big bad bully trying to spoil everyone's juicy, juicy fun.

So horrible to want to have one federation like most other sports!

(PS I thought the bans only kicked in if you lift in untested feds and/or in another tested federation at an international level.)

You make it sound like IPF is a big bad bully trying to spoil everyone's juicy, juicy fun.

So horrible to want to have one federation like most other sports!

(PS I thought the bans only kicked in if you lift in untested feds and/or in another tested federation at an international level.)

I mean, they are. I still lift only USAPL/IPF, so it's not like I am hating on them that bad. I agree we should have just one federation, but it doesn't change the fact that they go about it in bullying and underhanded ways. It'll never happen in powerlifting anyway, too much variation in what people want the rules to be, too many classes due to equipped/partial equip/raw, and there will always be people who want to use roids and have it be ok.

Well if i do enter the RPS meet I plan on entering the drug tested division, so you're saying that the ban may not apply in this case?

I went ahead and signed up for the RPS meet. Havoc for the Holidays on Dec. 13th. Looking forward to it. 

so far this week I've felt great on the new program (greyskull). I'm glad I added the heavy single at the end. It felt pretty damn good to deadlift 325 yesterday, And I still felt like I had some in me, so hopefully I can pull at least 350 at the meet.

thanks for all the help so far.

• Like 1

FWIW

I emailed the USAPL meet director and asked him if I would have to wait a year to compete in a USAPL meet because I competed in another Federation, in this case, RPS. And he said that was a myth he has heard for over 22 years and its simply not true.

Disclaimer:

I haven't read through the IPF/USAPL rulebook to confirm this, but consider a USAPL meet director a fairly reliable source.

• Like 1

Time to buy a singlet! so where should I look.

I've been looking at the Eastbay wrestling ones. Titan is too expensive. Inzer only has the one with the huge logo on it, so I'm leaning towards a wrestling one from Eastbay but not really sure if they are the same thing? 

Anybody have any suggestions?

Also the sizing is ridiculous. In one brand I'm a large and another brand I'm a 2X? Some only list sizes by weight? is this typical? 

If you're planning to compete in IPF/USAPL get Titan or Inzer (or Strength Shop or SBD). They're bringing in somewhat ludicrous restrictions on singlets and belts from 1 January 2015.

I'm just sucking it up and putting in an order for a Titan belt and singlet.

If you're planning to compete in IPF/USAPL get Titan or Inzer (or Strength Shop or SBD). They're bringing in somewhat ludicrous restrictions on singlets and belts from 1 January 2015.

I'm just sucking it up and putting in an order for a Titan belt and singlet.

Thanks for that. Looked up Strength Shop and found a plain black singlet made for powerlifting without a logo and it was dirt cheap. Just what I wanted. Placed the order today.

Sweet! Thanks. That's seems like a really good price. Can't remember the prices I was seeing but pretty sure they were higher than $28.

How's the training going for this?

Yeah I found some wrestling singlets for around 30 bucks or so on Amazon and Eastbay, but this was definitely the cheapest powerlifting specific one I found.

training is going pretty good. I switched to Greyskull and modified the rep scheme from 5 reps to 3 and added a heavy single as the last set. I'm feeling really confident in my lifts at this point. I've made pretty good progress on my squats, which have always been a problem for me. so I'm happy with that.

My initial goal was to hit 900 lbs total. I think I'm going to miss it by just a bit.

my current lifts are 

bench - 200 with competition pause

squat - 285 (today for a PR!!)

Deadlift - 335

if the meet were tomorrow I would go for this

Squat - 265/285/300

Bench - 190/200/ 210?

Dead - 325/340/350 or 360

So I could total 870 but more like 830 or so.

• Like 1