• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hamp21

So.....I think I'm going to enter a Powerlifting Meet

Just realized raw nationals is 2 1/2 hours from my house in 2015, and I easily met the qualifying total. Maybe I'll lift there this year. I'll need to find one earlier in the year to qualify at.

Go for it! Then we can all watch you lift on the stream. :D

• Like 1

Made me have to lose weight, I was 124kg, and now it's 120kg+ instead of 125kg+. Hopefully I can get down to 105 kg myself and compete there, but I'm starting to doubt it. I think it'll be a huge pain in the rear. I might just bounce back and forth between 112 and 120ish for bulking up into a meet and cutting afterward.

It because it's in the US. People outside of powerlifters and scientists have never used kg for anything in their lives. We still use lbs and oz for weight and miles for distance exclusively. Most people have no clue how to convert between one or the other outside of runners for 5ks. If you told an avereage person something was 1 km away, they wouldn't know what that meant.

I was hoping the classes would change to 53 and 58.  At the time they changed I was struggling to get down to 52 because my nutrition was all wrong and I didn't know how to handle water minipulation right.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to see what's going on in my weight class at an international level even if I have not an ice cube's chance in hell of matching it. :)

Once upon a time I was like "It's cool, I've qualified for the british, I'll just go, it's not like I'll get selected for the worlds this year..."

(You'll make it.)

Just realized raw nationals is 2 1/2 hours from my house in 2015, and I easily met the qualifying total. Maybe I'll lift there this year. I'll need to find one earlier in the year to qualify at.

USAPL are pretty good with their streams, unlike GBPF who streamed the mens classic but put the women in a venue that was too small and had no internet connection for streaming over.

• Like 1

I was hoping the classes would change to 53 and 58.  At the time they changed I was struggling to get down to 52 because my nutrition was all wrong and I didn't know how to handle water minipulation right.

Once upon a time I was like "It's cool, I've qualified for the british, I'll just go, it's not like I'll get selected for the worlds this year..."

(You'll make it.)

USAPL are pretty good with their streams, unlike GBPF who streamed the mens classic but put the women in a venue that was too small and had no internet connection for streaming over.

Yeah, we all lift in the same place over a few days everywhere I've seen. Ladies Friday night and Saturday morning, men Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon.

Go for it! Then we can all watch you lift on the stream. :D

I have to find a local meet ot qualify at earlier in the year which might prove troublesome. Pennsylvania should have something somewhere, or Maryland.

Well, I made it through. I went 9/9 and set PR's on all the lifts. here is a link to all of the results if you're interested http://meets.revolutionpowerlifting.com/results/2014-2/havoc-for-the-holidays/

I went

275 290 300 on squat

185 200 210 on Bench

315 330 350 on Deadlift

for a total of 860

For the record after being in this meet and seeing what other folks can do. I have no doubt I can total over 1000 by the end of next year. I didn't even know that I needed this motivation, but now that I have experienced it I have a better understanding of what it means to push yourself. I guess I lost that over the past couple of months lifting by myself. Now I'm going back into the gym ready to tear it up.

By default I won my division (only one in Raw Classic at 198) so I got a trophy. 

I also got to see some amazing shit. I saw a guy squat 935 and attempt over 1000. With a squat suit but amazing nonetheless. 

I saw Big Wayne from my hometown Raw bench 535, then 612.5, then 620! That dude is a monster.

overall it was a great experience, everyone is cool, everybody claps for you. just a fun day. I recommend that if you're on the fence about entering a meet that you do it.

If I can figure out how to make all of my attempt videos into one I'll post it.

oh and thanks for all the help. you guys are the best.

• Like 2

Awesome stuff sir!  Got me thinking I should try and find something.  How did the Monolift go?  Were you able to walk it out or did you just change up the routine?

Yea, I've been looking for myself and the issue I'm having is finding somewhere that isn't a 2 hour drive.

My current gym use to hold ADFPF meets, I'm hoping to convince them to try to hold some in the near future.

Awesome dude!  Happy you went 9 for 9 and hit new PRs.

Great job!

Great to hear, congrats on your first meet and all the PRs!

Thanks guys it was a blast

Awesome stuff sir!  Got me thinking I should try and find something.  How did the Monolift go?  Were you able to walk it out or did you just change up the routine?

The monolift was not a big deal at all. during the rules he said it was cool to walk it out if you wanted. 

Here is the video. My "fans" didn't show up until my 2nd attempt on the squat and then couldn't figure out how to work the camera on my phone, so it starts out with my 3rd squat attempt. Oh and the views arent that great either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jz15_zMxa4

• Like 1