Becoming Little Hulk

I've never really worked out on a consistent basis since high school P.E. class, and I know I need to slim down and get stronger for my holistic health. So, here's my game plan for this first month of training:

1) Work out 5 days per weeks: M W F - I'll be doing the Couch-to-5K program; Tues & Thurs - I'll be doing the Beginner Bodyweight Workout.

2) Cut cheese out of my diet: I eat way too much of it and I know cutting it out will really decrease my calorie/fat intake. I'll allow one day a week to be my cheat day if I do well during the week. I'm hoping to eat at least a mostly paleo diet eventually, but I'm trying to start slow by eliminating one or two foods at a time, probably on a monthly basis.

I started Couch-to-5K last week, so I did Week 2 today, and I was pretty proud of myself for going through it because there was a storm with heavy rains during my entire job/walk. It was actually really fun and ended up being my favorite C-2-5K workout so far, the rain was so refreshing and cool to run through!

I started trying to cut out cheese today and was doing pretty good until someone brought out cheesecake and I had a slice. The stuff is my kryptonite. :/ Tomorrow is a new day and I'm hoping to do better! I'll be working 2nd shift so that should help me stay on track with my diet.

Today I cleared out a space in my basement that will be perfect for working out, especially with the Beginner Bodyweight Workout. I bought an area rug to cover the concrete and a yoga mat that will make planks and push-ups a little more comfortable. I stuck my exercise ball down there and moved the treadmill in a better location to maximize space. I'm hoping to get a couple more dumbbells (10lbs and 15lbs, 2 of each) to use when my strength improves.

Here's to small beginnings in hopes of acheiving my new dream and unlease the hulk in me!

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-25

^^ Thank you! :)

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-25

I am right there with you on the cheese! It's just so...cheesy and delicious. I used to live within walking distance of a cheese shop(pe) that had an enormous chilled room full of all different types, with tastings of each. Thank goodness THAT temptation is gone. Good luck to you in your quest!

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."

I am right there with you on the cheese! It's just so...cheesy and delicious. I used to live within walking distance of a cheese shop(pe) that had an enormous chilled room full of all different types, with tastings of each. Thank goodness THAT temptation is gone. Good luck to you in your quest!

It's nice to hear that I'm not the only cheese addict. I don't know if I could live next to a cheese shoppe without becoming obese, lol! Thanks for sharing and for the good lucks. :)

• Like 1

WOAH GOOD LUCK! I am going to keep an eye on your logs closely! :D

(I have a sweet tooth so cutting chocolates is a problem for me even fruits are my weakness. I could just eat them all day)

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

I've been meaning to post about how I've been doing, sorry it's taken me a little while. Life has just been kind of busy lately.

The past couple weeks have been decent, but not perfect. Last week I worked out 4 days and this past week I worked out 3 days. This happened because of things that came up, and with working 2nd shift it's hard to fit workouts into my schedule when something else out of the ordinary pops up in my day. Just some things I need to change with my time management and cutting things out that shouldn't be more of a priority than working out.

As for trying to cut cheese out of my diet, I've been pretty good with it for the most part. I've cheated a little more than my alloted 1 day, but considering my cheese intake prior to the past 2 weeks, I'd say I've been doing pretty good.

Monday starts a new week and a new opportunity to stick with my goals. I think that I'm going to do a reward system as an incentive for me to stick with my goals. I'm going to set aside $10 of my paycheck towards something fun for every 2 weeks that I succeed in sticking with my fitness goals.

Here's to celebrating a good start and hope for better weeks ahead!

• Like 1

Quick update: I've decided to sign up for the next 6 Week Challenge that starts Sept. 15. Wish me luck! :D

• Like 2

Be sure to check out the scouts thread! We'd love to hear from you, eh? :D

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.