Gauntlet 2014 - return of a classic :D

Came across this today, looks pretty good for a dose of nostalgia for the old farts among us that remember the original :)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-gauntlet-aims-for-old-school-nostalgia-at-a-bargain-price/1100-6420447/

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

i saw that on steam and was instantly like MEMORIES!!!! but i dont know if ill get it i have too many games i havent played through yet...

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I might have been too young to play the original but me and my buds loved played Gauntlet Legends on the N64.  Probably played that more than any other game on that system,

• Like 1

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

I might have been too young to play the original but me and my buds loved played Gauntlet Legends on the N64.  Probably played that more than any other game on that system,

Classic game, I used to play Gauntlet on the arcade machines, the sound effects were ace!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm guessing it's a PC game right???  It would be cool for XBox so I could play it with my boys.

I remember playing it in the arcade.  I had a friend who worked at an arcade, he set the game up so I got 3 tokens every 1 I put in the game.  I put in like $5 and I must have played for 4 hours non-stop. 

• Like 1

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Ran into it yesterday, now I ran into the NF thread about it.. Sometimes I look back at stuff like Gauntlet or Hero Quest and realize that during my childhood, stuff like that is responsible for sowing the seeds that would make me get into RPGs during my teenage years

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

That is so tempting! I loved the Gauntlet games! :D

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

That's just awesome! I remember playing Gauntlet on the NES with my bros, those were good times!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

For a little less than 10 more hours after this post, BundleStars has an offer on the game and DLC, 6.40 Euros (little over 7 dollars) for a 4 key combo pack, in case anyone's interested. Also, in case anyone grabs it, I'm Scavenger86 on Steam and would love to watch your back :tongue:

Edit: My bad, that's the combo pack for a single player. The 4-pack deal is here and costs 14.10 Euros (about 16 dollars) without the DLC. Still, both offers are on major discount.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

For a little less than 10 more hours after this post, BundleStars has an offer on the game and DLC, 6.40 Euros (little over 7 dollars) for a 4 key combo pack, in case anyone's interested. Also, in case anyone grabs it, I'm Scavenger86 on Steam and would love to watch your back :tongue:

Edit: My bad, that's the combo pack for a single player. The 4-pack deal is here and costs 14.10 Euros (about 16 dollars) without the DLC. Still, both offers are on major discount.

Very tempted but I have enough on my plate at the moment ;)

@barefootdawsy might be interested this game might run on his old shitter :lol:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge